• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
I know -_- if it were up to me Frankie would have gone there after Green failed.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol STILL NO FRANKIE? I HOPE THEY HIT A HR ON THE 1ST PITCH.

LJ11

Stokes is such a fucking pussy, that's all he had to do. Dude throws 94 and he comes out throwing change ups, and trying to spot the corners. Fuck that, it's not Chipper.

LJ11 said:
Stokes is such a fucking pussy, that's all he had to do. Dude throws 94 and he comes out throwing change ups, and trying to spot the corners. Fuck that, it's not Chipper.
I think he was doing that because Norton is a dead FB hitter. Still he has to at least throw a couple.

BTW looks like Sheff will be out a couple days. Though it was a cramp yesterday Mets have to keep him on the roster, play him once or twice before he needs season-ending surgery for a torn MCL.

RBH

Fuck you Greg Norton and fuck you Bobby Cox for being loyal to such a piece of dogshit player.

Fucking inexcusable.

I don't think enough credit goes to that fist pump. That was Wright-like.

2ueka3r.jpg

and of course they now won't pitch to Wright. :lol

RBH

Thank you Bobby Cox for helping to fuck up this game.

Why not put in Rafael Soriano instead of AAAcosta?

Horrible managing by Cox today.

jman2050

The Frankman said:
Already better than Church!

I dunno, I was disappointed at first, but your blindness to the awfulness of this trade is actually way funnier than any sort of anger you could have displayed.

jman2050 said:
I dunno, I was disappointed at first, but your blindness to the awfulness of this trade is actually way funnier than any sort of anger you could have displayed.
Only FANdroids get obsessed over trading shit for shit. Sorry dude, sometimes there just is no winner.

And on to more important matters. Mets win!

Jon

Mets picked a good day to win because the Phillies look AWFUL. I have already written this game off as a loss.

EDIT: Rain Delay! Josh Johnson might get blown out of this game, or it could get suspended! Nice!

The Frankman said:
Shouldn't a Philly fan be more concerned with teams closer in the race that are actually healthy? Like the Marlins who have better pitching?

Phillies have no worth if they don't have the Mets to compete with.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Jon said:
Mets picked a good day to win because the Phillies look AWFUL. I have already written this game off as a loss.

EDIT: Rain Delay! Josh Johnson might get blown out of this game, or it could get suspended! Nice!
how do they look awful only after 2 innings?

there was plenty of game left.

clemenx

Banned
Raise the jolly roger! I'm gonna be a Pirates fan just to say that.

fee15k.jpg

Is it me or Francoeur does this face always? Not as exaggerated but pretty much the same :lol

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
After watching that game...I want to kill someone. Escobar seems like a good choice.

Also, Bobby should have PH Ross instead of Norton, he was going to come into the game anyway. If he gets a hit then Chipper doesn't even need to hit with a pitcher behind him in the 9th.

NomarTyme

DeceitDecide said:
SOMEONE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT JUST SAW WHAT MIKE HAMPTON DID!
I did and I still don't believe it.

We need a gif of that.

I don't think it ever been done in the history of baseball.

Play was over. Hampton gave up a single that plated a run. Runners were on 1st and 3rd as the catcher gave the ball back to Hampton who had been backing up home plate. As he's walking back to the mound (near home plate) Hampton tries to throw the ball into his own glove. His hands were right next to each other but HE MISSED. Ball rolls to the backstop. Runner scores from third, batter moves from first over to second.

The Astros argued that time was out, but the ump said he never called Time (no one had asked for time to be called).

LOL!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
DeceitDecide said:
Play was over. Hampton gave up a single that plated a run. Runners were on 1st and 3rd as the catcher gave the ball back to Hampton who had been backing up home plate. As he's walking back to the mound (near home plate) Hampton tries to throw the ball into his own glove. His hands were right next to each other but HE MISSED. Ball rolls to the backstop. Runner scores from third, batter moves from first over to second.

The Astros argued that time was out, but the ump said he never called Time (no one had asked for time to be called).

LOL!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm surprised he didn't injury himself.

Windu said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm surprised he didn't injury himself.

They just showed the replay again.

Omg, I'm dying laughing.

He throws the ball right over his own glove...

And then he slowly jogs over to get the ball, not realizing the play was live...

So much FAIL, so little time...

Jon

Schattenjagger said:
how do they look awful only after 2 innings?

there was plenty of game left.

It was just going to be one of those games. You could tell. Maybe it was more gut than fact, but either way, it's a moot point now! Bring on Andrew Miller tomorrow...LOL.

David Lennon from Newsday is reporting that Gary Sheffield, who left last night’s game with an injury to his leg, is day-to-day with what the team is calling a “tweaked” hamstring.
Did I not call this? MRI will reveal a torn MCL this coming Friday after playing on Tuesday. Surgery will be the Monday after next.

bluemax

Banned
The Frankman said:
Only FANdroids get obsessed over trading shit for shit. Sorry dude, sometimes there just is no winner.

And on to more important matters. Mets win!

Sometimes there is no winner. But this was one of those trades where one team clearly got the better of the other.

That team was not the Mets.

Well pretty much Mets should just let the young-uns play. Regular season audition to see if they have what it takes to be on the ML level for next year. Maybe Santana can get 20 wins or something this year.

diddlyD

Banned
you know im tryin to spend more time in here, but this baseball thread just sucks compared to the nba thread. we need more obsessive zealotry and trolling to spice things up. :lol

Figured I may as well come in here now, and declare my allegiance to the Arizona Diamondbacks! Laugh if you must.... My team has won a world series more recently than most of yours....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom