• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Kevin Causey better have cancer because Make-A-Wish is the only excuse for letting that cocksucking pile of motherfucking shit umpire a major league baseball game.

Enjoy your four days in the spotlight scumbag, if there was any justice in the world your performace this weeknd would have had your entire family executed.

I hope your eventual death is painful and tragic.

Jon

eznark said:
Kevin Causey better have cancer because Make-A-Wish is the only excuse for letting that cocksucking pile of motherfucking shit umpire a major league baseball game.

Enjoy your four days in the spotlight scumbag, if there was any justice in the world your performace this weeknd would have had your entire family executed.

:lol :lol :lol Branduil? Is that you?

Mrbob

Jon said:
Phillies sweep! 8 in a row, 12 of 13. Time for a tough series against the Cubs. I am worried.

Better watch out! Cubs are coming out firing after the all star break, 4-0! Rousing 4 game sweep*, nothing can stop them now!

*against the Nats lol :/

Eznark meltdown. :lol

Doytch

DevelopmentArrested said:
lol playing with their wiis on the big screen
awesome

Heard that :lol Wilner is awesome

And these callers are all sorts of awful. Haren+Upton+Lopez for Scutaro/Halladay, wtf kind of team would take that?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
sangreal said:
Finally a great start for Joba
everybody goes through rough patches!

I am more interested in his velocity....it is not properly explained anywhere on the net how it varies so wildly.

eznark said:

Hey Eznark, did you see any of the games this weekend?

Mrbob

Also, what is with the Stros dude who will only post if the Stros are above .500?

Don't be shy! Mets are having a more pathetic year than the Cubs and Mets Age is still out in full force. Although they should all be hiding considering how poorly their team is playing.

Mrbob said:
Also, what is with the Stros dude who will only post if the Stros are above .500?

Don't be shy! Mets are having a more pathetic year than the Cubs and Mets Age is still out in full force. Although they should all be hiding considering how poorly their team is playing.
If that's the case why are you still posting, 1908?

Mrbob

The Frankman said:
If that's the case why are you still posting, 1908?

2009 is the new 1908. Believe.

Besides, your team doesn't have a title in the longer time either! Last one was an error ladened gift and that was 20+ years ago!

Mrbob said:

Well, it's entirely possible he's the type of guy who loves the Astros so irrationally much that he is in physical pain watching them lose, and thus can't stand to watch them when they lose. Thus, he shows up to enjoy the good times. I'd do the same in his shoes.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
God damn I am going to miss Halladay. Hopefully by some miracle the team is good next year so we can sign him in the 2010 offseason.

jman2050

The Royals are useless.

I love how Hillman brought in two shitty relievers in the 8th inning with the game on the line that were NOT named Joakim Soria.

Mrbob said:
2009 is the new 1908. Believe.

Besides, your team doesn't have a title in the longer time either! Last one was an error ladened gift and that was 20+ years ago!
Yeah, our teams haven't won in 20+ years... though I was at least alive when my team won. So were my parents and great-grandparents.
jman2050 said:
The Royals are useless.

I love how Hillman brought in two shitty relievers in the 8th inning with the game on the line that were NOT named Joakim Soria.
So Soria is a shitty reliever?

vas_a_morir said:
Well, it's entirely possible he's the type of guy who loves the Astros so irrationally much that he is in physical pain watching them lose, and thus can't stand to watch them when they lose. Thus, he shows up to enjoy the good times. I'd do the same in his shoes.

It was a tough night. we had our chances at the end of the game. oh well. I promise I'll post one of these days when we lose. Of course if we lose today I can't post.

Giants win the first game if the second half, thank god. How the hell did we lose the first 2 games. Our offense is really streaky and it seems there will be no trades. If this trend goes on then our pitching staff can't afford to give up a run in a game cuz the offense JUST SUCKS.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
pizzaguysrevenge said:
We really need to take at least 3 games from the Atlanta series because there's no way we're winning more than 1 in Colorado.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get shutout by Cain and Lincecum. Then again, the giants offense isn't much better than the braves. I guess it could go either way. Going to be a low scoring series though. Sadly, I won't be able to watch it. I'll be out of town till sunday.

clemenx

Banned
Fucking Manuel, said that he won't free Niese "unless we fall at really difficult times"

Well, if having Livan every 5th day is not difficult someone tell me what it is.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
2w53eco.jpg

It's the run support through the first 9 games that really shocks me.

Didn't like that bunt by Castillo. No one out and runner on 2nd and you bunt with a guy hitting like .360 this month.

Nieve is hurt... ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

LJ11

Poor guy. Time to ruin whatever trade value Niese has.

Edit: Who was the guy who was arguing with Kev earlier in the year about pitchers running the bases? They're athletes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom