• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zep said:

haha :( fear me next season! or the one after that. eventually fear me!!

Edit: Just in case you haven't met 2009 Cy Young winner....

Danharen.jpg

Edit: Of course I mean NL, where they can pitch and hit... <3

rc213

Overlee said:
fuck yeah. Clayton pitching like a true ace, 7 innings of two hit ball. so awesome.
Kershaw is 5-0 in his last 7 starts only given up 3 earned in that stretch. Doyers are 7-0 in those starts. So awesome!

Jason Schmidt starts on Monday against the Reds. :()

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can you imagine another athlete giving a speech as eloquent and moving as Lou Gehrig's? No sir I cannot.

old timers have worse defense than the mets

The_Reckoning said:
Figured I may as well come in here now, and declare my allegiance to the Arizona Diamondbacks! Laugh if you must.... My team has won a world series more recently than most of yours....
Welcome! We need more Western fans who don't like the Dodgers.

Doytch

How does Kevin Millar get an infield single. That's unpossible.

e: Anyone else see Barajas walk through Kotsay on his way back to first? Is there any history there?

ccarver3

Figured I may as well come in here now, and declare my allegiance to the Tampa Bay Rays! Laugh if you must.... My team has lost a world series more recently than most of yours....

Doytch

BigJonsson said:
Halladay's wife is in the broadcast booth talking about her charity work and how she wants to do more in the communtiy

Can't trade him now :(

She's there pretty often, nice woman. Both her and Roy do a bunch of stuff in the community.

The way Bedard is pitching today, we'll be lucky if he doesn't pull himself out of the game before the 5th or 6th... sheesh.

BigJonsson said:
Halladay's wife is in the broadcast booth talking about her charity work and how she wants to do more in the communtiy

Can't trade him now :(

Jamie Moyer was traded away to Philadelphia years ago, but he still has a charity foundation and yearly golf tournament in Seattle.

Mrbob

Cubs with a 7 run top of the 4th, woooo!

Up 8 to 2 now going into the bottom 4th! I don't care if its against the Nats, Cubs were horrible on the road the first half of the year (16-25 :/) so I'll take the sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Need two of three in Philly as well.

Fenix

BigJonsson said:
Halladay is on today

This isn't his last home start before the trade deadline is it?

Going by the 4-man rotation now, I think Halladay has one more start vs. Tampa in this homestand.

Doytch

funkmastergeneral said:
It's going to be great to see Lester out pitch Halladay today.

Hope you learned your lesson. Even though he threw a good game, PQSing 4, Doc's gonna beat him and get another perfect 5.

It really looks like the Giants aren't gonna make a midseason deal. :(

We need hitting so badly. Our team ERA for the last 2 games is 1.50 and we still lost both games.

Doytch

Goddamn I fucking love Roy. He's reaching Joe Sakic levels of totally awesome for me. Watching him smile with Rod after a win. :D

bluemax said:
Sometimes there is no winner. But this was one of those trades where one team clearly got the better of the other.

That team was not the Mets.
The same Braves who got a guy who isn't even starting and has been worthless since he wasn't punted in Ryan Church...

seriously, you're trying too hard. What's next, 300-word essays on the underrated-ness of Yuniesky Betancourt?

Fenix

Part of me wants to leave Rios in center field. He seems pretty comfortable there.

Another, far more reasonable, part of me wants to eject Kevin Millar from this team. The man fucking blows chunks and is not getting better.

Mrbob

Soriano starting to stroke the ball, now Bradley needs to step it up.

Cubs batters stop hitting way below their season average they'll take the division easily in the 2nd half of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom