• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of the Inaugural CitiField September Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
DevelopmentArrested said:
as predicted. Jon Heyman is a fucktard.

"Mets-Jays trade report (Jays offered Doc for Martinez, Tejada, Niese, Parnell) is bogus. Shot down by multiple sources." - keithlaw
This is why I didn't even dignify the rumor with a post.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Alexei Ramirez isn't good.
0% chance would the Sox give up Beckham for pretty much anyone that isn't Pujols or Mauer and maybe a couple other position players. He's hitting something like .340 after starting 0-18.

And LOL at saying Ramirez isn't good.

NomarTyme

Meier said:
5 innings from Schmidt and only 3 ER... I'll take it.
No doubt. Man there is something about the Reds is in which the Dodgers always beat their asses.

Either is going for 30/100 this season.

Overlee said:
yeah seriously whats up with that?

Brandon Phillips wishes he had Casey Blake's wheels.

Ethier!!!!!!
Blake wheels = material from stone.

ggnoobIGN said:
0% chance would the Sox give up Beckham for pretty much anyone that isn't Pujols or Mauer and maybe a couple other position players. He's hitting something like .340 after starting 0-18.

And LOL at saying Ramirez isn't good.

No point in bringing up Halladay then. Jays don't need another sub 320 obp guy who cant field his position.

Overlee

NomarTyme said:
Blake wheels = material from stone.

haha right on queue Blake gets thrown out trying to steal.

That was Ethier's 19th hr. If he starts grooving he has an outside chance at 40. It's been a few years since any Dodger has hit 40 hasn't it? Shawn Green maybe?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
No point in bringing up Halladay then. Jays don't need another sub 320 obp guy who cant field his position.
He isn't a SS and not a sub .320 guy. His awful first month (and I mean really awful), deflate his stats but since moving into the 2 hole (200 ABs) all he has done is hit .308 with a .367 OBP. He plays 2 premium positions as good as anyone in the league and should project to be a middle of the order guy down the line given his power. He's a stud.

As for not bringing in Beckham, hey I don't make the trades. We seem to be mentioned as much as anyone, yet everyone and their mother knows Beckham is not leaving the Southside. He's our star player and doesn't even have 150 plate appearances yet.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'm having issues getting it off my phone right now, but I got a message to GAF put on a ribbon board at the Pirates game tonight.

2 hour rain delay + corporate expense account + beer = thought it was a good idea.

ggnoobIGN said:
He isn't a SS and not a sub .320 guy. His awful first month (and I mean really awful), deflate his stats but since moving into the 2 hole (200 ABs) all he has done is hit .308 with a .367 OBP. He plays 2 premium positions as good as anyone in the league and should project to be a middle of the order guy down the line given his power. He's a stud.
If he isn't a SS, the Jays have no need for a 2B until 2015. Also, he was a -8.3 UZR at 2b last year. He has a career obp of .322 and is allergic to walks. Again, we can argue about Alexei all you want. The point stands that the Jays have no need for him and the package you suggested isn't enough for JP to pull the trigger anyways.

Overlee

its all part of Torres master plan to ruin the young arms in the pen so Colletti will be forced to trade for a savvy vet like Scott Proctor.

but really I don't think its a big deal to pitch multiple days in a row. it's a bigger deal if they're throwing 20+ pitches every night.

NomarTyme

Overlee said:
its all part of Torres master plan to ruin the young arms in the pen so Colletti will be forced to trade for a savvy vet like Scott Proctor.

but really I don't think its a big deal to pitch multiple days in a row. it's a bigger deal if they're throwing 20+ pitches every night.
I still don't like it. Got to trust the other relievers.

Nice win for the Dodgers. Owning the Reds once again.

Sanjuro

Can't wait until we get Roy. Toronto would be foolish to pass up a straight up deal for Lugo. Guy with that many digits in salary has to be a future-HOFer.

Overlee

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Can't wait until we get Roy. Toronto would be foolish to pass up a straight up deal for Lugo. Guy with that many digits in salary has to be a future-HOFer.

maybe Boston should stop signing former Dodgers. Bill Buckner should have made it obvious. Lugo, Penny, Drew, Saito. I like Saito though, I guess he's having a decent year?

Sanjuro

Overlee said:
maybe Boston should stop signing former Dodgers. Bill Buckner should have made it obvious. Lugo, Penny, Drew, Saito. I like Saito though, I guess he's having a decent year?
Lugo is hardly a Dodger and/or Major League player any longer.
Penny is a little better than expected.
Drew is anemic and Mickey Mantle.
Saito has been pretty good for most of this season. July hasn't been so kind to him.

Buckner has a wonderful mustache.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Cuddyer was safe. That was a fucking kick in the nuts. Year of Umps continues.

This game was fucking agonizing. I'm going to bed. I'm glad I stayed up for this piece of shit.

bluemax

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:
Lugo is hardly a Dodger and/or Major League player any longer.
Penny is a little better than expected.
Drew is anemic and Mickey Mantle.
Saito has been pretty good for most of this season. July hasn't been so kind to him.

Buckner has a wonderful mustache.

JD Drew gets way too much undeserved hate.

Yeah he underperformed his contract in 07 but in 08 he over performed it. So far he's been worth 2.0 WAR or about $8.8 million dollars in value. Over the course of his career his value has been around $95 million while only making about $60million.

xbhaskarx

44141.jpg

290720111_Twins_Athletics_135020378_lbig.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom