• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

*********FOR XBOX 360!**************

there are some things i would like to say before i get into the spunk and potatoes of this thread. here they are in numberical order:

1. i don't care if this thread is a month early.
2. please don't bash the game in this thread unless it's related to league play.
3. please don't bash the lack of any given feature in this thread. there is already a thread for that.
4. please don't bring up John Madden Football in this thread.

thanks guys i knew you'd understand. now, here is what's happening:

I. There are supported online leagues for this game! No manual stat entering or me paying $30 to run the league!

II. your "team" in the league will be the one you create offline. In other words, you create a team from the get-go and then import it into all modes (whether you are playing single player mode or decide to join an online league!) This leads to a problem: duplicate players. There is no way in yeast infection that i'm playing in a league with 10 steve young's! he's mine and only mine. but I have a work around for this problem (more on that later!)

III. This is a sim league that will be run exactly as the NFL is run. 16 weeks, same playoff format (pending # of players in the league). What does this mean to you? It means we're probably going to have some rule about 1 hall of famer per team. or maybe 1 "great" hall of famer, and a couple mid rangers. We'll see about that!

IV. Because we can't have duplicate players, we must be creative. Now, what we will do is have our own "fantasy" draft here on gaf! For instance, we can all meet on AIM and form a chat room, or IRC, or wherever, and pick teams that way. I know this is a pain, but i'd like to hear of any better ideas.

V. Keep in mind this is a decent sized commitment. For instance, you'll likely have 3-5 days to play each "week". You need to be available to play. we all have 8-5 jobs m-f (at least i do!) so i know it's not easy, but if you just make the effort others will too and there will be minimal problems. if you aren't serious about being in the league then **** off and play random douchebags in exhibition. the league is not only because leagues are interesting, but also because you will be able to play against sim players each week.

So put your name down if you're interested and the city of the team that you want! Because you can technically edit anything about your team, just put down the city and we'll figure out team names later. Not sure how feasible it will be to have "NFL Teams" (i.e. i dont know how good the logo editor and uni editor are).

Welp, that's my whole thing! Good to have another football game to go back to. Post if you're interested!
-----

1. FMT - San Francisco
2. ColdBlooded - Philadelphia
3. Zep - New Jersey
4. MrBob - Chicago
5. QVT - Los Angeles
6. Shamrock - Pennsylvania
7. DMczaf - Las Vegas
8. bdoughty - Oklahoma City or Lubbock if available
9. Ramirez - Pittsburgh
10. Vumpler - Carolina
11. bluemax - Seattle (San Diego or Los Angeles as alternates)
12. lix2k3 - Houston
13. Unomas - Green Bay... wtf!
14. Andokuky - Dallas
15. GCQuinton - Charlotte
16. Pheeniks - Miami
17. Shawnhann - dallas forthworth!?
18. Truelize - Canada
19. Matrix - Houston...?
20. Konex - Detroit?
21. Rors - Los Angeles
22. AkaBalla - New England
23. malleymal - Kansas City
24. Jman11 - Florida
25. bishoptl - Vancouver Bear-type Animals
26. livewire - Washington
27. ChrisJames - Michigan
28. Duce22 - Arizona
29. Orangutan - Philadelphia
30. CK - New York
31. sableholic - washington
32. Skiptastic - Indianapolis
33. YilmazY - Tallahasee
34. zy - cleveland
35. crowza - dallas
36. lonestar - seattle? (was that a yes you'll play? and where have you been!)
37. newsguy - miami
------

* Update

- the way we will select players for our teams will be a draft. how do we select the draft order? simple. we will have a tournament prior to the start of the league. if you don't play in that tournament, you aren't in the league. then, the draft order will work like yahoo fantasy draft. #1-32, then 32-1, etc. in other words its not the worst thing in the world if you finish last in the tournament since you'll get back to back picks at the end of the round (as your are the #1 pick in the next round). i think this is the best way to do it, but provide me with feedback if you feel otherwise.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
QVT - Irvine/Los Angeles (Irvine being my first choice, but dunno if we can have places without a team)

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can customize your team in every way. i would prefer we keep it major cities, but i wouldn't be opposed to the Irvine Irvings team.

I'm down with using Anaheim then since they have other franchises. Not like Irvine isn't more important than Jacksonville or Kansas City, though. :lol :lol

just some clarification, i think the "cities" you can pick from are in a pool. so i can't confirm that every little city will be there.

i'm sorry i hurt you DM, but that is what happens when you steal someone special from me...

p.s. bdoughty, why do you need to be a "sub"? you can be in the league as a regular player. but what city/state do you want?

Shamrock

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
just some clarification, i think the "cities" you can pick from are in a pool. so i can't confirm that every little city will be there.

i'm sorry i hurt you DM, but that is what happens when you steal someone special from me...

p.s. bdoughty, why do you need to be a "sub"? you can be in the league as a regular player. but what city/state do you want?

Dam 2K, they better not have left Intercourse off the city list. But if they did I will just pick a city later, whatever is left. It doesn't matter much to me.

Edit:

Just a heads up, you may want to track down how many Gold/Siver player there are in the game. Because each team needs 2 gold, 3 silver players. But say there is only 20 gold 30 silver players total in the game, then you can only have 10 teams or else some players might have to go to two different teams.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:

2007_fanfest_19.jpg

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no pittsburgh ramirez!?

Haha, yea I guess now that you mention it, I thought maybe everyone was gonna make a team from their state/city. But if we're trying to make it a NFL replicate then yea put me down as Pitt.

well it's not necessarily the NFL, but i'd prefer to have bigger city teams LIKE the nfl. new yorks, los angeles, san fran, chicago, pitt, dallas, all the big cities!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well it's not necessarily the NFL, but i'd prefer to have bigger city teams LIKE the nfl. new yorks, los angeles, san fran, chicago, pitt, dallas, all the big cities!

Buddy, it doesn't get any bigger than Harlan, Ky!! :lol

**** that western side Vump, I'm strictly east over here. :p

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
what if i just put Texas for now? or.... dallas -_-

Sooner fan...

Being called Texas would be an issue and Dallas :lol

Just make me the OKC, Oklahoma City or Oklahoma

bluemax

Banned
Is this league gonna finish before Madden league starts up? Or are the two gonna coexist? I'm on vacation right now but by the end of August I'll be back in school so I don't want to devote myself to too many leagues.

I'll take Seattle unless Maynerd wants it. In which case I'll be taking my surrogate city of San Diego, since Los Angeles was also taken already.

i don't want anything to do with NCAA 08 aka Madden 07 this year based off of what i've read and seen. if something changes i would re-evaluate, but there is only room for 2 leagues!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I cannot believe the power of FMT is pulling me into this league, but I can't resist.

I would like to have Atlanta cause that's where my heart is, but seeing as we are creating our teams anyways I'm hoping there is a chance that there is a Canadian city in the editor and I can pick Calgary or Toronto.

So put my name down and put my team as "Canadian" at the moment. I'll pick a US city if there is nothing for Canada.

I don't think we should totally limit the possibility of having the same players on more than one team. Maybe name several players that can't be copied but not all of them.

I'm still sad that there is no Randall Cunningham. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I want Hous...wait my 360 is dead.

:(

Who knows when ill get my shitty refurb one back

Shamrock

Banned
Truelize said:
I cannot believe the power of FMT is pulling me into this league, but I can't resist.

I would like to have Atlanta cause that's where my heart is, but seeing as we are creating our teams anyways I'm hoping there is a chance that there is a Canadian city in the editor and I can pick Calgary or Toronto.

So put my name down and put my team as "Canadian" at the moment. I'll pick a US city if there is nothing for Canada.

I don't think we should totally limit the possibility of having the same players on more than one team. Maybe name several players that can't be copied but not all of them.

I'm still sad that there is no Randall Cunningham. :(

It was confirmed by operation sports that Randall Cunningham is in the game. They used him when they played. Here is the link, check the bottom bullet points.

Also I agree with you about the how we pick the players. I'm down for a draft, but I seriously don't think there are enough Gold Players to draft 2 to each team. If we have a full league with say 30 teams, we need

1. 60 unique gold players
2. 90 unique Silver Players
3. 180 unique Bronze Players

That is 330 unique players in order for us all to draft the required amount of legends without duplicates. I think 2K confirmed there are only 260 legends in the game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
pheeniks said:

I haven't been keeping up but...was it because of MLB?

I think Forza killed it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I want Hous...wait my 360 is dead.

Who knows when ill get my shitty refurb one back

Dang. Sorry to hear that. I read they send back the same one now though. Not a refurb.

Shamrock said:
It was confirmed by operation sports that RC is in the game. They used him when they played.

WHAT??? Randall is in the game?????

RANDALL IS MINE. No one else touches Randall Cunningham. NO ONE!!!!!

Rorschach

Bah! LA is gone...(you know, LA used to have 2 teams...;))

Gimme Oaktown.

[edit] My 360 is also dead...but hopefully, it will be back by then. They still haven't sent me my ****ing coffin, though...so it may not.

Truelize said:
Dang. Sorry to hear that. I read they send back the same one now though. Not a refurb.
As someone who has had 3 fail on him, I can tell you that sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. The latest one I have is not the same as the first one.

Top Bottom