• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Jammy said:
Better on the GCN controller than the Classic apparently.

the classic controller works pretty nicely, i think. i'm not sure how i feel about the clicky l&r buttons on the gamecube for long-jumps and the like in mario 64.

Linkup

aparisi2274 said:
I would like to see this game on the VC

This would be nice, but I don't think Sunsoft has anything on the VC yet.
batmanbox.jpg

BatmanNES.png

Sometime soon hopefully

But Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 didn't support rumble on the original N64 either. Who knows whether or not the N64 VC games will support rumble or not.

Linkup

Nuclear Muffin said:
But Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 didn't support rumble on the original N64 either. Who knows whether or not the N64 VC games will support rumble or not.

They don't want to hear it.

RaidenZR

Nuclear Muffin said:

In Japan later versions of Wave Race 64 and Super Mario 64 were released with Rumble Pak support. This was obviously a ways after launch.

Dolphin

Banned
Linkup said:
batmanbox.jpg

BatmanNES.png

Sometime soon hopefully
I loved that game to death. My death, because it got ****ing hard towards the latter stages, namely "Did you ever walk with the devil in the pale moonlight?".

mrkgoo

beelzebozo said:
the classic controller works pretty nicely, i think. i'm not sure how i feel about the clicky l&r buttons on the gamecube for long-jumps and the like in mario 64.

Mario 64 looks so gorgeous. And just after I thought Mario 64 DS was decent, playing the original again...teh controls and just purity of it is so awesome.

The GCN controller is better than the classic for Mario 64, and I suspect, most N64 games. The calssic controller is better for SNES games, and I probably prefer the wii controller for NES games.

I've had no problems with the large L/R buttons.

fresquito

I've been playing Military Madness a bit more (I just beat the third stage). So far the game is good, but there're two things that I don't like that much. One of them is not that bad, but the other one has game breaker potential.

The not so important thing is that you conquer (or get conquered) just by positioning your troops on the prision. No need to hold your position for a turn or something like that. You just reach the place, and you win (or lose).

The other thing is a bit more important, and it's the fact that results to battle are almost totally random. And by that I mean. You can enter battle with a set of tanks, have both the same attack, the same defense, the same number of tanks, and the outcome can be that you lose 2 tanks and it loses 3, that you lose, 3 tanks and it loses 4, that you lose one tank and it loses 8, or that you lose 6 and he loses none. The same way you can attack from a mountain and lose more troops that the machine who's defending from a road, or the other ay around. I have to deleve into the game a bit more to know how this will affect the game as a qhole, but at the moment, thinking strategies is not that fun, since even when you strategy is very good, if you have bad luck, you have big chances to lose. The same way, if you have good luck, you will probably win, even when your plan is bad.

So, well, yeah, those saying MM > AW must love random battles. Other than that, the game is pretty cool (except for the graphics, that are plain ugly).

No word on tonight's EU games? I know they're trying to hide them, but I think someone said you can find the games out if they are released elsewhere.

Yeah I thought we'd know at least 1 by now. Hopefully we'll get SMW and LttP but I doubt they'd release them together. As long as we get 1 of them and we don't get stuck with another Xevious update it'll be fine.

Linkup said:
batmanbox.jpg

BatmanNES.png

Sometime soon hopefully

This is the best Batman game ever LOL
We need this and Journey To Silius...

Also, is Jaleco and Natsume signed for the VC?? We need Little Samson.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
JonathanEx said:
No word on tonight's EU games? I know they're trying to hide them, but I think someone said you can find the games out if they are released elsewhere.

Confirmed:

- Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (NES)
- Super Mario World (SNES)
- Vigilante (Turbografx)

Possible:

- R-Type III (SNES)

No LttP this week, sorry.

Bloodwake

Myke Greywolf said:
Confirmed:

- Vigilante (Turbografx)

Possible:

- R-Type III (SNES)

Yeah, but you guys get Zelda 2.

so1337

Myke Greywolf said:
Confirmed:

- Vigilante (Turbografx)

Possible:

- R-Type III (SNES)

Alright, I'll buy my third copy of Super Mario World then.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
This just in:

Next VC releases for NA (tentative):
- Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Next VC releases for Japan (tentative):
- Shin Megami Tensei (Super Famicom)
- Kamaitachi no Yoru (Super Famicom)
- Be Ball (PC Engine)

There could be others besides these ones. Stay tuned.

explodet

DMczaf said:
Looks like Koei is jumping on VC soon

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV Wall of Fire KOEI Corporation E Mild Violence Wii
Well, that was unexpected.
I guess that's encouraging, it means more games released in Japan for the VC will eventually see release here if there was a translation, even games like this - and this game wasn't exactly on a lot of people's top ten lists.
Except maybe this guy:
MacGuffin said:
Please Nintendo, for the love of everything holy bring ROTK4 to the states. The VC is lacking in KOEI games and since Aerobiz Supersonic doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar, this would be a very nice gesture for the 6 people in America who play this franchise.

I was just playing ROTK8 the other day on PS2 and can't wait for 11 to come out in Feb...

What are the chances that we get things Japan gets? If it came out here do you think it is also a 85-90% shot or since they sell way more in Japan will it just stay there? Its already been translated.
I guess if there's a translation for it, the VC will probably get it. Will be interesting to see which exceptions there'll be for this rule, though.

Now bring on Uncharted Waters and Aerobiz.

Kirk

Myke Greywolf said:
This just in:

Next VC releases for NA (tentative):
- Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Next VC releases for Japan (tentative):
- Shin Megami Tensei (Super Famicom)
- Kamaitachi no Yoru (Super Famicom)
- Be Ball (PC Engine)

There could be others besides these ones. Stay tuned.

Sigh...Donkey Kong Country does not = releases. Hopefully we get more than just that. I want some Adventure of Link.

Scum

Myke Greywolf said:
Confirmed:

- Vigilante (Turbografx)

Possible:

- R-Type III (SNES)

No LttP? Boo-urns, NOE! :-(
R-Type III? \o/
Soopa Mario World?! \o/ \o/

Super Mario World it is tomorrow then. But if its anything like Mario Bros or street fighter II wherein I have to take out my component cables to play them, Nintendo have their last VC dollar from me!

I was thinking about how we all expected Nintendo to really stretch out the time between big 1st party VC releases but so far that hasn't been the case. By the end of this year, I would expect that most of the good 1st party games are up. Here are the titles that haven't been released anywhere yet (in regards to consoles up on VC):

Major Franchises
[Donkey Kong Rare] DKC2, DKC3, Donkey Kong 64
Earthbound
[Excitebike] Excitebike, Excitebike 64
F-Zero X
[Fire Emblem plz] 1-3
[Kirby] 5 games?
[Legend of Zelda] Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask
[Mario platfomers] Lost Levels (SMB2JP), USA (SMB2US), SMB3, SMW2: Yoshi's Island
[Mario Party] MP1, MP2, MP3
[Mario RPG games] Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario
[Metroid!] Metroid, Super Metroid
[Pilotwings] Pilotwings, Pilotwings 64
[Punch-Out] Punch-Out, Super Punch-Out
Smash Bros.
[StarFox] StarFox, StarFox 64
Super Mario Kart
Wave Race 64

And a bunch of little titles here and there: Clu Clu Land, Kung Fu, Pro Wrestling, Mario Paint, etc.

It seems like a lot but Nintendo put out 3 big games in a row in NA and it looks like the trend will continue. Virtual Console is showing potential and by the end of this console cycle it could be worth the price of a Wii alone.

DefectiveReject said:
Super Mario World it is tomorrow then. But if its anything like Mario Bros or street fighter II wherein I have to take out my component cables to play them, Nintendo have their last VC dollar from me!
Do you notice a big difference? Last monday, I set up my SNES with an original copy of SMW on an SDTV and then my Wii, with component cables, on my HDTV and didn't notice much of a difference, in fact SMW on the Wii looked better.

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
dr3upmushroom said:
Do you notice a big difference? Last monday, I set up my SNES with an original copy of SMW on an SDTV and then my Wii, with component cables, on my HDTV and didn't notice much of a difference, in fact SMW on the Wii looked better.

It's pretty annoying to change cables all the time. If you wanna play Wii VC in europe on a hdtv with component you should by a LG because it seems to work on most/all of them. It works on mine too so I'm happy that I bought one.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
cartman414 said:
Great? Yes. Timeless? Already came up short in comparison to Mario 3 IMO, which it owes a lot of the innovations to.

Sure, it owed a lot of stuff to SM3, but it also did new things on its own, and they were just as awesome.

jepense

Dimmuxx said:
It's pretty annoying to change cables all the time. If you wanna play Wii VC in europe on a hdtv with component you should by a LG because it seems to work on most/all of them. It works on mine too so I'm happy that I bought one.
What model exactly do you have? I'm considering an LG...

e: OK, thanks.

Oblivion said:
Sure, it owed a lot of stuff to SM3, but it also did new things on its own, and they were just as awesome.

Perhaps, but most importantly, aside from also having less powerups and less interesting worlds, it lacked the intense platforming action of SMB3.

And word on some Adventure of Link. Totally not feeling DKC.

SickBoy

Zerodoppler said:
Nintendo will have to get the Kawasaki license again for that game, so I doubt we'll see it anytime soon (if at all).

If true, that sucks.

*burns Wii Points card*

Seriously, there's some stuff I'm interested in already, but I think my plan is to wait until the libraries are a little more fleshed out before I start spending like crazy. Don't want to spend all sorts of cash on classic games that I'm not going to play a lot...

DefectiveReject said:
I have a sharp aquos, and cable changing is annoying.com especially as some NES/SNES games work through component and some don't!

How is this Nintendo's fault? No one is having trouble with these games but you. Maybe it's your television, component cables, wii console? Have you called NoA?

EphemeralDream said:
How is this Nintendo's fault? No one is having trouble with these games but you. Maybe it's your television, component cables, wii console? Have you called NoA?
its not just me you crazy fool have you read any of the above posts? and why would i ring NoA from the UK? also if one NES or SNES game Works fine on my set up, and another doesn't, how is that my fault again?
and the annoying.com thing is this ebon automatic thing opera Wii does!

ksamedi

Just downloaded Super Mario World and Zelda 2 The advantures of Link. Both games are awesome. The music in Vanilla Dome (world 3) of SMW is awesome. Played Zelda a bit too but its much harder than i remember, still holds up even today. I actually forgot that Zelda 2 was more an RPG than a Zelda game, random enemies and leveling up and stuff. This will keep me until Excite Truck :)

DefectiveReject said:
its not just me you crazy fool have you read any of the above posts? and why would i ring NoA from the UK? also if one NES or SNES game Works fine on my set up, and another doesn't, how is that my fault again?
and the annoying.com thing is this ebon automatic thing opera Wii does!
Dimmuxx said:
I believe this is the post you're referring to? Wouldn't that basically mean that your TV is part of the problem? That is a stinker but HDTVs are known for having difficulty in displaying lower resolutions. Those two games that give you a problem probably ran at a very low resolution. And give me a break about the NoA thing, I don't know where you live.

Top Bottom