• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

2DMention

Banned
Gain ground is a decent game, but I can't bring myself to spend $8 on a Genesis game when the physical cart is barely worth that. I think the only Genesis game I'd pony up for would be Phantasy Star IV.

yeah maynerd i finally got one (thanks to craigslist!)

damn, if SMW, comix zone, contra 3, and MK64 go up tomorrow then i'll be spending another $40 on VC points tomorrow :(

Furret

Banned
Sorry if this is a common question but I've just got a classic controller and I'm surprised there's no way to clip the Wiimote onto the back or anything. Is it just mean to sit in your lap?

And what's the button in the middle for that opens and shuts those vents on the back?

Furret said:
Sorry if this is a common question but I've just got a classic controller and I'm surprised there's no way to clip the Wiimote onto the back or anything. Is it just mean to sit in your lap?

And what's the button in the middle for that opens and shuts those vents on the back?

I think that button opens up the vents so that you can stick in an accessory and then release the button which holds the accessories in place. Maybe a wiimote holder can go there. or a mic. or something....

Also, I just hold it dangling on my wrist, sit down and have the wiimote on my lap and play that way. I've gotten used to it.

OMG you got one, FMT? CONGRATS!!!

outlaw_press.jpg

so1337

Anyone got an idea when ALTTP ist hitting European VC? I was really disappointed when I didn't find it online the other day.

Ranger X

2DMention said:
Gain ground is a decent game, but I can't bring myself to spend $8 on a Genesis game when the physical cart is barely worth that. I think the only Genesis game I'd pony up for would be Phantasy Star IV.

Did you search around a bit for Gain Ground? According to Ebay it's around 10$. Some auction on the PC Engine version are even going upper 100$.
If you go in used games store i'd bet it's 10$ and more. Around here (Montreal/Canada) used games store aren't cheap. NES games even go for 20$ and 30$.

Seriously, the VC is a good bargain. You pay less + accessibility + component cables + better D-pad if you have the Classic controller...

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
so1337 said:
Anyone got an idea when ALTTP ist hitting European VC? I was really disappointed when I didn't find it online the other day.

Hopefully on friday or I will burn something down.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
MindCollizion said:
I think that button opens up the vents so that you can stick in an accessory and then release the button which holds the accessories in place. Maybe a wiimote holder can go there. or a mic. or something....

Also, I just hold it dangling on my wrist, sit down and have the wiimote on my lap and play that way. I've gotten used to it.

just lay it down in the chair next to you. it's really unobtrusive. i can't imagine anyone being bothered by it in any serious way.

Ranger X said:
Did you search around a bit for Gain Ground? According to Ebay it's around 10$. Some auction on the PC Engine version are even going upper 100$.
If you go in used games store i'd bet it's 10$ and more. Around here (Montreal/Canada) used games store aren't cheap. NES games even go for 20$ and 30$.

Seriously, the VC is a good bargain. You pay less + accessibility + component cables + better D-pad if you have the Classic controller...

Dunno man I got your VC right here. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-NES-Ga...6QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sure you lose convenience but I think that's a pretty fair bundle right there. Oh right it's missing an SNES and a Turbografx but you do get a Gameboy..not quite a fair trade but ah...pretty fair. :)

Ranger X

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Dunno man I got your VC right here. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-NES-Ga...6QQihZ011QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sure you lose convenience but I think that's a pretty fair bundle right there. Oh right it's missing an SNES and a Turbografx but you do get a Gameboy..not quite a fair trade but ah...pretty fair. :)

Oh don't worry, i still have my old original consoles plugged up and in working order ;)
That was a good bargain there but the games with his consoles are awfull.

Bloodwake said:
If Super Mario World goes up tomorrow whenever I am broke, and Contra III goes up as well, I will be really depressed.

Yeah, I hear Nintendo is going to start taking games down if you don't buy them the absolute instant they are available.

Ranger X said:
Oh don't worry, i still have my old original consoles plugged up and in working order ;)
That was a good bargain there but the games with his consoles are awfull.

I didn't look too closely but there are a handful of winners in the bunch. A handful of real stinkers though too.

Then again I prefer the thrill of ebay-hunting to simply clicking on some icons.

When does Nintendo usually put the games up. Do they put them up early in the morning on Monday, or mid-day. I kind of want to get in some Mario Kart 64 before school. ;)

Vard

snack said:
When does Nintendo usually put the games up. Do they put them up early in the morning on Monday, or mid-day. I kind of want to get in some Mario Kart 64 before school. ;)

I believe they go up at 9 AM on Mondays.

underfooter said:
I keep hearing Super Mario World hits tommorow. Is this true?

Probably not; They recently put it up "hidden" on the VC site. My guess is that it will come out next Monday or the week after.

mrkgoo said:
Have you played Mario64 before?

If not you're in for a real treat. I remember powering that game up for the first time...it was mindblowing. Absolutely. I don't think any game has made me feel like that one did - that jump to 3D (maybe Zelda OoT). I don't think there ever will be either - I mean, next gen can get as hi-def as it wants, but the freedom from going to 2D to 3D is immense.

Mario64 was like an adventure playground. It just oozed fun.

You have to approach it as if you were playing a 3D game for the first time. It might help to go play some SMB, or Castelvania, or gunstars...just to get into that mood and FEEL the VC...which I have been doing. Yes, the nostalgia is huge..but just try imagining it's your first 3D console...

yea dude i felt the same.. no videogame ever Awed me as much as mario 64 did for the first time.. i was like 14 or 15 at the time and i was blown away.

VC rpg's wru! give me something!! Squarenix give me secret of mana!

hang on what happened to contra III and SMW tomorrow? or was that just a rumor? either way i am freaking pumped about MK64. don't care if single player is cheap.

i might buy comix zone.... also, i wonder if/when we'll see smash bros n64, starfox 64 and possibly doom 64!

Has a game shown up in the Firefox 0 temp point hack thing that hasn't been released the following Monday yet?

I guess we find out soon if they'll start trying to fool the early peekers or not now (by putting a game up on that thing without actually releasing it that Monday).

Vard

I'm not sure of the success rate with the "early peeking" thing, but I just don't expect SMW to come out the same day as Mario Kart 64. You'd think they'd release those on separate days, and Nintendo's PR specifically said MK64 would be released this Monday.

If SMW was to come out tomorrow, you'd think they'd mention it along with MK64. Or not. We'll find out soon enough. I know I'll be getting both of them.

You know what, after spending close to 100 bucks on the VC... I've realized that Nintendo has fooled me... I'm hyped up for games that I already own but just the though of having them all in one system just tickles my fancy...

cvxfreak

dr3upmushroom said:
You know what, after spending close to 100 bucks on the VC... I've realized that Nintendo has fooled me... I'm hyped up for games that I already own but just the though of having them all in one system just tickles my fancy...

Convenience is king. I'm rebuying the stuff to have them all in one place.

dr3upmushroom said:
Amen.

I just want to play Comix Zone. Cmon, SEGA, don't let me down!

MutFox

Banned
MarioKart64!!
Can't wait... (Since my cartridge was stolen with EVERYTHING unlocked.) :(
Banshee Boardwalk is probably one of my all time favorite MK tracks. :p

God I WISH this game were online... Maybe in an update... (Please GOD/Nintendo.)

Anyone know the controls for the game??
GC and classic controller.

maxmars

MutFox said:
MarioKart64!!

Anyone know the controls for the game??
GC and classic controller.

I don't understand the question but yes, both controllers you listed should work. In case of doubt, pay attention to the requirements before buying, it's listed in there.

The classic controller works like a charm on MK64.

MutFox

Banned
maxmars said:
I don't understand the question but yes, both controllers you listed should work. In case of doubt, pay attention to the requirements before buying, it's listed in there.

The classic controller works like a charm on MK64.

I mean the control setup, like which buttons are used for what. :p

maxmars

MutFox said:
I mean the control setup, like which buttons are used for what. :p

a - accel
b - brake

(or is it the other way around? I am pretty sure it's like I indicated)

a+b skid in place

left shoulder - fire weapon
right shoulder - hop

That's it

EDIT: This is for the classic controller

MutFox

Banned
maxmars said:
a - accel
b - brake

(or is it the other way around? I am pretty sure it's like I indicated)

a+b skid in place

left shoulder - fire weapon
right shoulder - hop

That's it

EDIT: This is for the classic controller

Oh ok, cool thanks... :p
Was just wondering if they were gonna make you use the Z button to fire...
(Which would suck.)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
and you say the framerate has been fixed, and it's a bit less blurry?
oh man, why am i anticipating downloading mario kart 64.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
marc^o^ said:
I never played Mario Kart 64. Does it compare well to the DS/GC versions?

i think so. the only ones i don't like are the snes/gba ones, which have the racer fixed in the middle of the screen and just spin a really ugly environment around them to simulate racing.

mk64's frame rate was pretty bad, and it was muddy--which is why i asked if they'd been touched up in the vc release. but balloon battle on block fort was unparalleled.

Top Bottom