• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

Valtox

Jiggy37 said:
Maybe I'm misreading an inference into what you're saying, but the terrain is important in AW as well.
Maybe I'm wrong but that 30% that appears somethimes when attacking from mountains made me realize that in MM terrain is more important respect to AW.

And I don't know if I'd call it more strategic, anyway. There is the CO factor in AW, where you at times want to withhold offense just so the enemy's powers get delayed another turn, and also first strikes matter (as they don't seem to in MM). Maybe the two could be called equally strategic, in different ways.
basically, in AW you have to attack with the proper unit and be the first to do it.
Playing MM made me to realize I had to think a little bit more on the next move. In this way I say there are more elements to look at, to build a good strategy.
Anyway you are completely right: I considered what MM add respect to AW, forgetting what it lacks.
In any case MM rocks.

mollipen

Christopher said:
Anyway that Micky Mouse game on Sega sucked dude, the SNES one was wayyy better

Uhh, no. That game didn't come close to Castle of Illusion. A majority of platformers at the time didn't come close to Castle of Illusion.

Chemo

Because this is totally the thread where we bitch about which licensed game that has almost no chance in Hell of coming to the Virtual Console is better.

Oh wait.

Christopher

Chemo said:
Because this is totally the thread where we bitch about which licensed game that has almost no chance in Hell of coming to the Virtual Console is better.

Oh wait.

shut up.

So did anyone like Goldeneye?

Jiggy

Valtox said:
Maybe I'm wrong but that 30% that appears somethimes when attacking from mountains made me realize that in MM terrain is more important respect to AW.
In AW there's a 40% defense bonus on mountains, 30% in cities, 20% in forests, etc. For whatever reason, they don't actually show the numbers directly, but just represent them with stars on the battle screen... So it's easy to miss, but it's there.

basically, in AW you have to attack with the proper unit and be the first to do it.
Playing MM made me to realize I had to think a little bit more on the next move. In this way I say there are more elements to look at, to build a good strategy.
Anyway you are completely right: I considered what MM add respect to AW, forgetting what it lacks.
In any case MM rocks.
Yep, this much is true. :D

I'm sure it's old, but I was playing LTTP, and passed by the fortune-tellers house and I did a double take... surely I didn't think I saw what I just saw. I then went back, took a pause, went to my computer to see if anyone else had found it and sure enough, yep:

zelda.jpeg

You can't UNSEE it after you've seen it.

Jenga

Banned
IAmtheFMan said:
I'm sure it's old, but I was playing LTTP, and passed by the fortune-tellers house and I did a double take... surely I didn't think I saw what I just saw. I then went back, took a pause, went to my computer to see if anyone else had found it and sure enough, yep:

zelda.jpeg

Goatse Zelda ftw

IAmtheFMan said:

zelda.jpeg

See what? I don't get it.

Kawaii

IAmtheFMan said:

zelda.jpeg

Oh Shit. :lol

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
IAmtheFMan said:

zelda.jpeg

That's been posted here loads of times, still funny but.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Bootaaay said:
Any idea what hits the VC tommorow for Europe? It had better be LttP or my Wii's not getting turned on for a 4th consecutive week.

Most likely:

- Bonanza Bros. (MegaDrive)
- Comix Zone (MegaDrive)
- Gain Ground (MegaDrive)
- Gradius (or Nemesis, as it is known in Europe) (NES)

All games that deserve a true gamer's attention, regardless of how much he craves for Zelda.

Edit: Nintendo-Europe's VC staff are getting sneaky regarding upcoming VC games. Look at the image placeholders they're putting in the Wii Shop Channel server to prevent us from knowing which games the screenshots belong to:

I was only able to get the game names listed above because they are already available in other territories. With a little change in the URL, I was able to get the real screenshots.

Yeah, I guess i'll get Comix Zone - but still, some LttP or Super Mario World love would be much, much appreciated. I'm getting fed up with using my Wii for nothing other than VC games though, NOE needs to hurry the **** up in getting some proper Wii titles out over here - where the hell is Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Elebits, Metal Slug Anthology etc?

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Myke Greywolf said:
Most likely:

- Bonanza Bros. (MegaDrive)
- Comix Zone (MegaDrive)
- Gain Ground (MegaDrive)
- Gradius (or Nemesis, as it is known in Europe) (NES)

All games that deserve a true gamer's attention, regardless of how much he craves for Zelda.

:(

No alttp makes me a sad panda.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Some people have figured out the coding scheme for the Wii Shop Channel URL's, and are using it to snoop the server for newly hosted screenshots, in order to find out which games will be released soon.

Lately, Nintendo-Europe has been replacing the screenshots for unreleased games with that Zelda picture, so that these people won't be able to see which games the screenshots belong to. "It's a secret to everybody." Hahaha. Get it? ;)

However, since the games scheduled for release tonight were already released in other regions, the snoopers were able to find out which games will be out, simply replacing the part of the URL that specifies the region with the code for USA or Japan releases.

Myke Greywolf said:
Some people have figured out the coding scheme for the Wii Shop Channel URL's, and are using it to snoop the server for newly hosted screenshots, in order to find out which games will be released soon.

Lately, Nintendo-Europe has been replacing the screenshots for unreleased games with that Zelda picture, so that these people won't be able to see which games the screenshots belong to. "It's a secret to everybody." Hahaha. Get it? ;)

However, since the games scheduled for release tonight were already released in other regions, the snoopers were able to find out which games will be out, simply replacing the part of the URL that specifies the region with the code for USA or Japan releases.

I think he meant the parting of the anus picture.

jarrod

Banned
I wonder when we're gonna start seeing MSX games announced (in Japan naturally though)? I figured the platform was added chiefly due to HAL's work on it, though there's a ton of great games from other companies too (Konami, Compile, Falcom, Microcabin, ASCII, Game Arts, Bothtec, Tecnosoft, etc, etc).

Also, when are Hudson and Sega going to set up licensing structures for 3rd parties? Right now it seems all the 3rd party games are on NES/SNES only? :/

jarrod said:
I wonder when we're gonna start seeing MSX games announced (in Japan naturally though)? I figured the platform was added chiefly due to HAL's work on it, though there's a ton of great games from other companies too (Konami, Compile, Falcom, Microcabin, ASCII, Game Arts, Bothtec, Tecnosoft, etc, etc).

Also, when are Hudson and Sega going to set up licensing structures for 3rd parties? Right now it seems all the 3rd party games are on NES/SNES only? :/

Hm. I hadn't thought of that. =/

I'd like Ghouls 'n Ghosts for Genesis and Contra Hard Corps to come along sometime.

jarrod

Banned
Anyway, just to outline the upcoming (NA) VC games...

Announced (Q1 2007)
-Bio-Hazard Battle (SEGA)
-Donkey Kong County (Nintendo/RARE)
-Gain Ground (SEGA)
-Super Mario World (Nintendo)
-Streets of Rage (SEGA)
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo)

Leaked via ESRB
-Bonk III: Bonk's Big Adventure (Hudson/RED Entertainment)
-Bonk's Revenge Hudson/RED Entertainment)
-Chew Man Fu (Hudson)
-Dr. Mario (Nintendo)
-Dragon's Curse (Hudson)
-Duck Hunt (Nintendo)
-Excitebike (Nintendo)
-Galaga (Bandai Namco)
-Hogan's Alley (Nintendo)
-Ice Climber (Nintendo)
-Kid Icarus (Nintendo)
-Kirby Super Star (Nintendo/HAL Labratory)
-Kirby's Adventure (Nintendo/HAL Labratory)
-Kirby's Dreamland 3 (Nintendo/HAL Labratory)
-Mighty Bomb Jack (Tecmo)
-Piltowings (Nintendo)
-Punch-Out!! (Nintendo)
-Pro Wrestling (Nintendo)
-Star Fox 64 (Nintendo)
-Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Capcom)
-Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Nintendo)
-Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo)
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Nintendo/Square)
-Super Metroid (Nintendo)
-Wild Gunman (Nintendo)

Announced/Released for Other Regions (but having NA localizations)
-Beyond Oasis (SEGA/Ancient)
-Double Dungeons (Hudson/NCS Masaya)
-NES Open Tournament Golf (Nintendo)
-New Adventure Island (Hudson)
-Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire (Koei/iNiS)
-Shadow Dancer (SEGA)
-Spy vs. Spy (Kemco)
-Sword of Vermillion (SEGA)
-Super R-Type (IREM Software Engineering)
-The Legend of Kage (Taito)
-Vectorman (SEGA/Blue Sky Software)
-Vigilante (Hudson/IREM Software Engineering)
-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Nintendo)

Announced/Released for Other Regions (but sadly having no NA localizations)
-Bomberman '94 (Hudson)
-Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems)
-Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems)
-Gomoku Narabe Renju (Nintendo)
-Ikki (Sunsoft)
-Jasieken Necromancer (Hudson)
-Kamaitachi no Yoru (Chunsoft)
-Mario no Super Picross (Nintendo/Jupiter)
-Ninja Jajamaru-kun (Jaleco)
-Puyo Puyo (SEGA/Compile)
-Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus)
-Yokai Dochu Ki (Bandai Namco)
-Wonder Momo (Bandai Namco)

Bert

Rlan said:
Just to stir some discussion up, I went back and grabbed the spreadsheet from the VC sales thread done by Saoh on the 24th of January. On the 25th, it was announced that over 1.5 million VC games had been sold.

This is probably completely off the mark, unless we get someone like dementia [or SOMEONE, ANYONE] telling us any sales data. It would be awesome if Gunstar or Bonk were near the top.

Anyhow:

That's a lot of money

Especially when you consider (for example) that 1000 points in the UK is more like $15 than $10.

Does anyone have comparitive (i.e. even a guess would do) numbers for PSN/XBLA?

Bo130 said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but just because a game has been rated by the ESRB doesn't mean it has an imminent release. It's more reliable to look at what has been announced/released in Japan (see jarrod's first and third lists + Chew Man Fu, Galaga, Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Kirby's Adventure, Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts & Mighty Bomb Jack from the 2nd list) to get an idea of what may be in the immediate pipeline. I have no doubt that SMB3 is coming, but I wouldn't wager on it coming soon.

jarrod

Banned
Yeah, looking at Japan's release list is usually the best indicator as the games get the emus tailored to them for release. Makes some sense a JP released game is likely to come sooner given the hard part (emulation) is already complete.

Linkup

Hey, why isn't S&P on that VC list. Thought Treasure confirmed in an interview that they were going to release it someday.

EDIT:http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156213

1UP: So when are we going to see Sin & Punishment?

MM: Ah yes, it was on the Virtual Console list that Nintendo released a while back. They are planning to put it out on VC at some point, but it's probably going to be a while still. It's really up to Nintendo in terms of how they want to stagger things out - they could probably put 1,000 games on there tomorrow if they wanted, but obviously they don't want to do that.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but is anyone noticing that Mario Kart 64 seems a lot darker than normally?

Every other games are nice and bright, but it looks like they cranked down the brightness for MK64.

Top Bottom