• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official BOHICA? Black Xbox 360 W/HDMI, 120GB HD Coming Late April

Muppet345

Borys said:
WAIT

So what costs $479?

A black 360 WITH a 120 GB HDD? Or not?

Would one have to pay $479 + $200 for a black 360 with a 120 GB HDD or just $479?

Paging Speevy!
Wait .. yeah.. confirm this, OP. Does the $480 system have the larger HD?

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Is there any info on a trade-in/upgrade program for existing users? Or a way to copy data from the 20b to the 120gb?

The 20gb is still $100 so $199 sounds about right. It'd be nice to get some price scaling (ie. the 20gb goes to $49.99 and the 120 goes to $99.99) but it's not going to happen.

Suck it up h8rs. You're all going to whine and you're all going to get it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Flyguy said:
Yuk it up for a console that has twice the HDD space and is still $20 cheaper and no HD-player. It's been awhile since PS3 owners laughed.

If you had to go that route, I had to go mine. Only fair, right?

mildewproduction

Vyse The Legend said:
Bu bu bu.

Leakers are better than "insider" teasers. "OMGAH I KNOW SOMETHING BUT CANT SAY IT YET, LAWLZ."

True, but I've never done that. I've always given some info. Like the date Microsoft will offcially tell all, and more for those paying attention.

Dina

Mifune said:
Yay, let's split the market further!

360 is no longer a minimum of a hundred bucks cheaper than the PS3. There goes that talking point.

But it now has twice the harddrive capacity for 120 less. Still, it's a shame that MS didn't include the HD-DVD drive in this version.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
This thread won't end well.
I'm buying this new 360 if it fixes all the overheating issues. I just don't trust my current 360 hardware at all.
If the HDMI output doesn't enforce HDCP for games, then it's sold whatever happens.

rage1973

This is really bad move by Microsoft. Now they are raising the percepted price point to consumers who only looks at the premium model for purchase. So instead of lowering it they are raising it. I would think they want to bring the new model in at 399 but 479 is an idiotic move.

deadbeef

Wait wait wait, so then when you add a wireless adapter and a high-definition disc player, then somewhat equivalent console configurations would be $(479 + 99 + 199) versus $599?

EDIT: +1 vote for April Fool's joke.

Raistlin

QuickKick89 said:
From Game Informer:

- Coming in late April
- Expected Price: $479.99
- 120 GB HD will be sold seperately for under $200.

Link please?

I'm confused, what are you saying? $479 gets you the black 360 w/HDMI ... but does it come with the HDD?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Let's wait until there is an official press release before going insane, ok?

pr0cs

Blimblim said:
This thread won't end well.
I'm buying this new 360 if it fixes all the overheating issues. I just don't trust my current 360 hardware at all.
If the HDMI output doesn't enforce HDCP for games, then it's sold whatever happens.

QFT on all levels

gogogow said:
How is that giving away?
I can get one for way $100.
ofcourse still a better deal than the 20gig.

One can get an external USB 250 GB Samsung hard drive for 80 Euro and a 500 GB one for 130 Euro. Can the X360 access external USB hard drives?
XLA is very tempting.

RegularMK

I don't get how they expect people to pay 480 for a console they already own. I want this damn thing, but that's just too ****ing much.

Norse

its 479 for everything. And for people that want a 120 gig hdd that already have a 360, they can buy one for less than 200.......how is that so difficult to understand?

remember the hdd is a 2.5 inch sata drive.....how much did ps3 owners that bought 120 gig hdd for the ps3 pay? That is the price it compares to. I am sure its more, but since its encased in a portable protective carrier, they want us to pay more. /shrug

MechDX

If this were true dont you think they would put it on the FRONT COVER?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146699

03cov_168_lres2.jpg

goldenpp72

All I can say is that the zephyr thing could be microsofts biggest mistake if they don't handle it right. It needs to replace a sku and not be a third one.

Pimpwerx

I'm gonna say it...Third Pillar! I don't agree with it, but it's not a bad idea. They're probably making money off all the SKUs by now. PEACE.

Top Bottom