• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

official buy/trade/sell thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Risible said:
My pleasure. :)

If we don't police ourselves this thread will become useless - everyone should have the tools to keep scammers in check.

Very helpful friend, thanks for the advice.

Looking to Buy:

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. $12 shipped?

rc213

Risible said:
A good rule of thumb is to check people's feedback prior to buying. Even though sitewide search is disabled, you can use the following search in Google:

site:neogaf.com buy/trade/sell nameofpersontosearch

That will return all instances of that person posting or being mentioned in this thread.

Thanks

gokieks

Risible said:
A good rule of thumb is to check people's feedback prior to buying. Even though sitewide search is disabled, you can use the following search in Google:

That will return all instances of that person posting or being mentioned in this thread.

Depending on how often the person posts, that can generate a lot of not-very-useful results. I find using site:neogaf.com feedback *NAME* to be more useful, usually. But yeah, it's definitely a good idea to check first before dealing with people.

Kerrinck

Risible said:

Thanks man, that is pretty useful.

As an update, he finally replied with the crappiest excuse ever.
red shoe paul said:
It's not me buying the games, man. I'm not screwing you out of this. A Japanese game collector who isn't approved on GAF wanted me to make a sale topic, or ask what people have since he wants some JP games, that's it..

Never mentioning the money he owns me, of course.
I am now subscribed to the thread, so whenever he replies I will make sure to warn people so they can avoid being ripped.

rc213

Kerrinck said:

I am now subscribed to the thread, so whenever he replies I will make sure to warn people so they can avoid being ripped.

Wow, Not even a slight mention of getting you your money back or anything. :O

Risible

Kerrinck said:

red shoe paul said:
It's not me buying the games, man. I'm not screwing you out of this. A Japanese game collector who isn't approved on GAF wanted me to make a sale topic, or ask what people have since he wants some JP games, that's it..

Is something like that even allowed?? The whole point of having people work to get into the site is to prevent fly-by-night dudes having no accountability, isn't it?

Posting a For Sale or WTB for someone that's not registered seems mighty sketchy to me.

JodyAnthony said:
I decided I can't resist anymore and want to pick up a DSiXL. So my lack of control is your bargain!

I am looking to sell my blue DSi, complete in box, for $150 shipped.

But JodyAnthony, I can get a new DSi for $170! Why would I want your year old one?

Well I will tell you, fine customer. It is because this is not just a DSi. This is a DSi with the following DSiWare installed:

Web Browser (0 points)
Flipnote Studio (0 points)
Game & Watch: Chef (200 points)
Brain Age Express: Sudoku (500 points)
Bird & Beans (200 points)
Spotto! (200 points)
Animal Crossing Calculator (200 points)
Paper Airplane Chase (200 points)
PiCTOBiTS (500 points)
Boxlife (500 points)
Base 10 (500 points)
Mighty Flip Champs! (800 points)
Bookworm (500 points)
Castle of Magic (500 points)
AlphaBounce (500 points)
Aura-Aura Climber (200 points)
Nintendo DSi Metronome (200 points)
Mr. Driller: Drill 'till you Drop (500 points)
A Kappa's Trail (500 points)

PLUS on the store you can download...
Brain Age Express: Math (800 points)
Dark Void Zero (500 points)
Dr. Mario Express (500 points)
Flight Control (500 points)
Photo Dojo (0 points)
Sudoku Student (200 points)
WarioWare: Snapped! (500 points)

But wait, there's more!

The DSi also includes pre-installed Hori screen protectors, as well as an additional 1300 DSiWare points on the shop channel!

Basically you are getting 11000 Points ($110.00) worth of software for free!

This baby is loaded with hours and hours of fun, plus there is no dead pixels to worry about.

Don't delay - order today!

*I would also be willing to outright trade along with say $20 paypal for a DSiXL (bronze). I am also willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Still looking to get rid of this. I can provide pics if you request them.

Check out my feedback here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:neogaf.com+%22feedback+for+jodyanthony%22

note that if you add in "negative" before "feedback" there are zero results.

Selling:

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly Director's Cut (Xbox): $30
- North American Factory Sealed
- includes S/H anywhere to Canada or USA
- shipped in a bubble-wrapped envelope
- PayPal only

2nlfpmq.jpg

Bump for new page. PS3 is a DEAL! :D

FoxMcCloudDS said:
I have decided in my quest for my new macbook pro, I am getting rid of our extra PS3 slim 120GB. It hasn't been used much, just to play some battlefield and socom with my girlfriend. We will be including Battlefield BC2, and Socom with it for $300.00 shipped, and that is including all the cords, (if you want an hdmi cable or composite just ask) a Dual Shock 3 (Black) All the original box and instructions. It still has a warranty on it for a while (I think about 6 months left or more) through sony. Will ship with free confirmation and insured up to 300 dollars, so you will have peace of mind :)

I never had a problem, and you wont either! If you would like me to include god of war 3, I will include it with the PS3 for an additional $30.00.

PHOTOS (crap 3g iphone pic, sorry):
GafSale4.jpg

GafSale5.jpg

ONLY looking for paypal. Will only accept as "gift" payment, or if you pay all fees. I have plenty of feedback on here and have had 100% successful transactions on here and ebay :)

I am also selling my extra (white) Wii system. It has over $500 dollars worth of virtual console games on it, and I will ship with all original cords and a nunchuck/controller. I will admit it has had a few black screen "please turn off wii" error codes (about 6), but if you turn it off and back on, it works flawlessly. Never have had a disc read error. It also has the original box that came with it. If you hop online the VC games will be okay, but as soon as you log into the wii shop channel, they may be unusable (because I got them transferred to my new black one :D). Am looking for $250.00 for this thing shipped, because of the amount of VC games I will send with it. I will ship with free insurance on this item as well, so if you receive it damaged at all or for some reason it gets lost, you will be protected!

PHOTOS(crappy lighting on iphone 3g, sorry):
GafSale.jpg

Virtual Console Games Video

Also have some random stuff to still sell:
MEGA MAN IS GONE! :D
Tetris Party DS: 22.50 shipped
Pokewalker: $10.00 shipped
Silent Hill Homecoming: $25.00 shipped
Mario and Luigi: $25.00 shipped
IMG_0883.jpg

If you want me to take more pictures, or video, just ask. I have plenty of photos available. First come first serve. I will take offers as well! PM with offers, but the PS3 @ 300 is pretty much what I am looking for with the high shipping charges im willing to pay.

THANKS! :D

Kerrinck said:

Lol such scum. Hope he pays you back. Of course he's forever tarnished.

Dwayne

Just throwing a thought out there, but we could possibly make a trader blacklist, host it online and tie it into a greasemonkey script that negatively colours those users posts in this thread and throws in the explanation why. Hell, we could do the opposite too, positively colouring users posts who have good feedback. That way we can have our feedback system "tied" into gaf via greasemonkey.

asdad123

asdad123 said:
Gonna just copy this from NBR where I have this posted as well.

1) [Name of Product and specifications goes here *Required]

-Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV425-S2BD/128GB 2.5" Desktop Bundle 128GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive
-Apple Wireless Aluminum Bluetooth Keyboard
-Asus G51 HDD mounting bracket.

2) [New, Used or Refurbished (Condition and age of item) *Required]

-All items are used.

3) [Post an image of your product. Must be a picture of the actual product you own with your NBR username included in the picture.
....*Required if the item is valued at $100+ or offered for trade.

2nlztvk.jpg

10hrotj.jpg

4) [Price or Trade *Required] (Include currency if foreign)

Kingston SSD - 180 Shipped within US.
Apple Wireless Keyboard - 45 Shipped within US
Asus G51 extra HDD mounting Bracket (Not pictured) - 20 shipped within US.

5) [Payment methods accepted *Required]

Verified Paypal only.

6) [Shipping methods, Shipping locations (Overseas, Interstate, Local, etc.) *Required]

Will Ship USPS priority within US. Will ship outside of US, but you will have to cover the shipping costs.

7) [Feedback for reference]. (Ebay, Previous NBR sales, etc.) If you do not have feedback please state so. Do not leave this section blank! *Required]

Ebay profile = Jakubp12. I've bought from Babyhemi before and sold a PSPgo on Neogaf under the same profile (asdad123)

8) [Additional comments about the item] (Reason of sale, Warranty information, etc.)

Recently, I've come into unforeseen medical expenses and am in need of some quick money so that is the reason for the sale of all these items. I would love to keep them, but unfortunately I can't. All these items were adult owned and taken care of. All come with original boxing except the T9600. I will be willing to negotiate prices but please don't lowball.

Also selling my Asus G51VX-RX05 laptop. I ordered a new Envy 14 and have no more use for this one.
Its specs are:
P7350 2.0Ghz CPU
1gb GTX 260m
4gb memory
320gb HDD
1366x768 screen.
I bought it a little over a year ago and tried to take good care of it. Come with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit installed. Played any game I threw at it, even Crysis, with great FPS.
It has holes drilled in its backplate, copper inserted (Forge's mod on Notebookreview), and replaced the thermal paste to lower temps. The warranty sticker IS broken as I replaced the thermal paste.
The SN on the sticker rubbed off from the underside but it is visible on its box. Comes with the original discs/manuals/box.
There is one problem, the NumLk and Pgup buttons dont work, but you could buy a new keyboard for $20 and replace it.

Im looking for $550 shipped within the US, but I am willing to negotiate.

29ynotk.jpg

2h3ai4m.jpg

Bump for the new page

littlebigplanet-box-art.jpg

I've got a pre-recall copy of LittleBigPlanet, y'know, before they recalled them all because of that one song on it with the naughty talk on it. It's pretty damn rare.

PM me for offers.

Kind of gauging interest in an 80GB Back Compat PS3. It was the MGS4 one (without MGS4), but has hardly been played. I'm mainly a 360 player. I upgraded the hard drive to 160 for media stuff that I never actually really used.

The big thing is that I'm not sure what they go for. Around $200 maybe?

Alucrid

Banned
Kerrinck said:

He seems to have this problem a lot.

Dwayne said:
Just throwing a thought out there, but we could possibly make a trader blacklist, host it online and tie it into a greasemonkey script that negatively colours those users posts in this thread and throws in the explanation why. Hell, we could do the opposite too, positively colouring users posts who have good feedback. That way we can have our feedback system "tied" into gaf via greasemonkey.

I recall someone creating some program that would keep track of feedback. Unsure what the status is on it though.

MotorbreathX said:
Kind of gauging interest in an 80GB Back Compat PS3. It was the MGS4 one (without MGS4), but has hardly been played. I'm mainly a 360 player. I upgraded the hard drive to 160 for media stuff that I never actually really used.

The big thing is that I'm not sure what they go for. Around $200 maybe?

Way more. Its got ps2 BC and all the extra bells and whistles (ive got one too)
you could probably sell it for 300

Onion_Relish said:
Way more. Its got ps2 BC and all the extra bells and whistles (ive got one too)
you could probably sell it for 300

Wow. Really that much? Thanks.

Maybe I'll take some pictures of it and sell it. I'll probably make the pictures huge and post it twice a page on here to be sure. You can never have too many pictures. Or posts.

MotorbreathX said:
Wow. Really that much? Thanks.

Maybe I'll take some pictures of it and sell it. I'll probably make the pictures huge and post it twice a page on here to be sure. You can never have too many pictures. Or posts.

Especially if its unused and has an extra hard drive, why the hell not? Its better than a slim and its got extra stuff, I dont see why you couldnt get full price for it. So many people bitch and clamor for the BC as well, let alone the card slots and extra usb hookups x y z

Onion_Relish said:
Especially if its unused and has an extra hard drive, why the hell not? Its better than a slim and its got extra stuff, I dont see why you couldnt get full price for it. So many people bitch and clamor for the BC as well, let alone the card slots and extra usb hookups x y z

Then I'm selling it. It's got a little dust, but I can clear that out. Thanks for the help.

SePhoBroth

Neo Member
Kerrinck said:
Nope, made a big mistake and sent is as a gift to try to be nice and have him get the full value. I definitely recommend not to do this, will never repeat this mistake.
At least I have his picture, info and full address. I am trying to get informed on fraud charges or anything related so I can hopefully get some compensation.

Thankfully a fellow member warned me after he posted. What pisses me off the most is the nerve of him to ignore my messages and post in here like nothing has ever happened. A scum of the worst kind.
Post the loser's info. Picture and all.

tim1138

Drkirby said:
For a new page. Come on, you know you want it.

If you have a Best Buy nearby, try to look though there dump table of $15 games, most stores got 1 or 2 copies of DQ5 prepriced at $15 to put in there back at easter.

Sadly the Best Buy near me never seemed to get it back in stock.

jjasper

Would anyone be interested in trading their copy of New play controls Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for my 2 Disc Gears of War (the 2 Disc one)?

Edit: Would also gift a 500 point VC/Wiiware game to make the trade more even.

xaosslug

for trade/sale - all games/items are in mint/complete condition unless otherwise noted - PM me any/all offers you might have.

has:

GBA:
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (mint, complete in box)
Super Puzzle Fighter II (sealed)
Gunstar Super Heroes (mint, complete in box)

PSP:
Armored Core: Formula Front (region 4)
Coded Arms Contagion (region 2)
Field Commander (region 4)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (gh, sealed)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (sealed)
Metal Gear: ACiD 2 (w/ solid eye, region 2)
Persona 3 (download code)
Star Wars: Battlefront - Elite Squadron (region 4)
Starwars: Battlefront - Renegade Squadron (region 4)
Super Hind (region 2)
SWAT: Target Liberty (region 4)
Worms: Open Warfare 2 (region 4)

PS2:
Sony brand PS2 mem. card (black)
Raiden III
Tales of the Abyss (sealed, about 2 in. long slice in the cellophane that goes through plastic and insert)

PS3:
The Club (Korean release, all English)
Cross Edge
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (region 2)
Red Faction: Guerrilla (region 4)
Street Fighter IV CE
Stormrise (region 2)
White Knight Chronicles (Japanese import )

360:
Halo 3
NHL 10
Wired Headphones
Ethernet Plug

XBOX:
2 Nyko Wireless Controllers (back cover for batteries is broken for 1 'em and held on by tape)
Dead or Alive 3
Thief: Deadly Shadows (resealed)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (new/sealed, non-platinum hits)

Blu-ray:
Monsters vs Aliens
Friday the 13th Killer Cut
Freddy vs Jason
Talladega nights

MISC:
2 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (360) artwork/inserts
2 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (360) manuals
2 Forza 2 manuals
Mass Effect artwork/insert
Sega Superstars Tennis (360) artwork/insert
Boys & Girls Club XBL avatar hoodie code

wants:

DS
The World Ends with You
Knights in the Nightmare

PS3:
Trinity Universe
Singularity

Sanjuro

New page. Going to the post office this morning.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (Factory Sealed) - Looking for around $60. Going on eBay soon.

XBOX Live Vision Camera
- $10 Shipped.

Nintendo
Nintendo Gamecube.
Super Nintendo.
Sony
Playstation.
Playstation 2.

Microsoft
XBOX.
Sega
Sega Dreamcast.
Sega Genesis.

Other Items
Tiger game.comhttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11334789&postcount=3225 - $10
Nintendo promo and misc promo items.
DVD

Here is my entire feedback list as well as references for positive members to do business with in this thread.
My current GAF feedback.

Godslay

Banned
Just a fair warning to anybody selling digital items (such as Xbox live codes or accounts) through Paypal. Do not send these items through email, you have to ship them and keep a tracking number. I know that it costs additional money, but in the end you save yourself from getting ripped off.

I recently sold a couple of Gears of War DLC items, and one of the persons requested that I send it through email even though I had the code card and was willing to pay the couple bucks that it cost to send it. So I got my money, sent the code, and then a couple of weeks later they opened up a dispute saying that they never received their item. I contacted paypal sent screenshots from my desktop showing the emails I had sent to the guy, as well as the emails that showed him thanking me for the code, etc. I checked the code as well to see if it was used which it was.

At this point I was pissed off, and contacted paypal again but they had given the guy his money back. Apparently paypal will not protect digital transactions, since they have no means of tracking if this stuff is valid or not. They can only protect you through physical items with tracking numbers or shipping information.

So to make a long story short the guy got his money back, the Gears DLC, and I would have been totally ripped off but I paypal gave me my money back for being such a long term customer.

It's a huge loophole in their system, and the best the answer to what they are doing about it is, "You have morals, right? " <- actual quote from one of their service reps. So be very careful about selling digital items, because you have very little protection through paypal.

Godslay said:
Just a fair warning to anybody selling digital items (such as Xbox live codes or accounts) through Paypal. Do not send these items through email, you have to ship them and keep a tracking number. I know that it costs additional money, but in the end you save yourself from getting ripped off.

I recently sold a couple of Gears of War DLC items, and one of the persons requested that I send it through email even though I had the code card and was willing to pay the couple bucks that it cost to send it. So I got my money, sent the code, and then a couple of weeks later they opened up a dispute saying that they never received their item. I contacted paypal sent screenshots from my desktop showing the emails I had sent to the guy, as well as the emails that showed him thanking me for the code, etc. I checked the code as well to see if it was used which it was.

At this point I was pissed off, and contacted paypal again but they had given the guy his money back. Apparently paypal will not protect digital transactions, since they have no means of tracking if this stuff is valid or not. They can only protect you through physical items with tracking numbers or shipping information.

So to make a long story short the guy got his money back, the Gears DLC, and I would have been totally ripped off but I paypal gave me my money back for being such a long term customer.

It's a huge loophole in their system, and the best the answer to what they are doing about it is, "You have morals, right? " <- actual quote from one of their service reps. So be very careful about selling digital items, because you have very little protection through paypal.

Not to hijack the thread, but a similar thing happened to me once when selling a Doc Louis Punch Out code. I sent the code and the guy said he got it, but the he said it didn't work. Since it was sold through eBay, they ended up covering the cost of the auction because I had been a long time member. Was still BS and taught me to not to sell digital goods again.

vgachi57

in light of all the recent negative feedback discussions, i am pleased to post some SUPER POSITIVE for B Killenger

sold me some dreamcast games and even included a bonus. great guy to communicate with. thanks again!

Balb

Wow, all these negative feedback cases are really sad. A little while ago I never saw negative feedback in this thread.

Want to put my Wii and PS3 up for sale.

PS3:
Backwards Compatible
160 GB Hard Drive
One Controller
HDMI Cable
Will come in the 80GB MGS4 box, NO GAME
Not used much as I'm mainly a 360 player

$275 Shipped

Wii:

Soft modded for import and backup enjoyment
Comes with Twilight Princess (game only)
Wii Play (Game Only)
Downloaded games: Zelda: Majora's Mask, Excitebike (the new one), Super Mario RPG, Mario Golf
Two Controllers and Nunchuks
Will throw in a Wavebird and GC memory card as well

$175 Shipped

Will send pics upon request.

Prices are negotiable

Please no trades unless it's for the new Xbox 360 Slim/250GB/S, whatever.

Also, I have some feedback here, ebay, Goozex, TradeGamesNow, iTradeVideoGames all under MotorbreathX. Have never had a negative at any site I've ever used.

NoRéN

Godslay said:
ANOTHER SCAM STORY
So, did you leave negative for the person? I think we would all appreciate the heads up on the person. Sorry to hear that and thank you for the warning.

If I recall correctly, someone had attempted a BUY/SELL thread specifically for FEEDBACK only. I remember being one of the few people willing to use it. Most people had only "lulz" as a reply to the idea. The thread did not last long.
Maybe it's time to bring it back.

LQX

Balb said:
Wow, all these negative feedback cases are really sad. A little while ago I never saw negative feedback in this thread.
Biggest problem is that most of them were unreported until one started a chain reaction and they finally came forward to let others know.

If someone rips you off it should not be reported weeks later as the person might get a chance to rip others off. Worse of all it allows them to go unpunished. Please post and if you can link to the post of the sale so we are aware of the person.

More stuff for sale! Unless otherwise noted all items are mint. If anything interests you or if you'd like more info, please send a PM.

Games:

Castlevania Symphony of the Night [Pic]
Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army [Pic]
Einhander - No manual, damaged case, disc playes fine [Pic]
Chrono Trigger - Cart only [Pic]
Final Fantasy III SNES - Complete copy, great shape except for a damaged corner, visible in pic [Pic]
Monster Hunter 3 [Pic]
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door [Pic]
Tales of Symphonia [Pic]
Blazblue Limited Edition PS3 [Pic]
Hoshigami [Pic]

Other:

Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 [Pic]
Madcatz TE Stick PS3 [Pic]
Mother 3 Guide [Pic]
BROKEN Legend of Legaia - Case, instructions and non-functional disc [Pic]
BROKEN Marvel vs Capcom 2 Dreamcast - Case, instructions and non-functioning disc [Pic]

Hex

Banned
LQX said:
Biggest problem is that most of them were unreported until one started a chain reaction and they finally came forward to let others know.

If someone rips you off it should not be reported weeks later as the person might get a chance to rip others off. Worse of all it allows them to go unpunished. Please post and if you can link to the post of the sale so we are aware of the person.

It is true.
I am sure most people want to be nice and give the benefit of the doubt, but if someone is taking longer than normal without communication it is honestly your responsibility to post feedback in here so that other people will know.
You can always take it back or update if things get squared away.
Otherwise people leave it open for others to get screwed.

Godslay

Banned
NoRéN said:
So, did you leave negative for the person? I think we would all appreciate the heads up on the person. Sorry to hear that and thank you for the warning.

If I recall correctly, someone had attempted a BUY/SELL thread specifically for FEEDBACK only. I remember being one of the few people willing to use it. Most people had only "lulz" as a reply to the idea. The thread did not last long.
Maybe it's time to bring it back.

This was specifically on Ebay, but since many of you here use paypal and I've seen digital items for sale it applies. I would say even more so here due to the fact that Ebay has some protections (investigations) in place for this.

The crazy part about the whole thing is that the transaction was complete I had received my money, sent him the code, got confirmation email that he received it, left positive feedback, and then two weeks later got this dispute. Then I got an email from paypal saying that I had a dispute and a negative balance in my paypal. It was such that I couldn't even leave negative feedback on him on Ebay. So if your selling digital goods be careful. If you buying them and are dishonest you can get them for free :lol

I lurk in this thread quite a bit and wouldn't mind seeing a feedback system in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom