• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Cloudy

Banned
Alright, no one wants to repeat the crap we had before the NHL league started so post here if you are still interested. There are 17 players but I dunno if everyone is serious so we'll do the usual confirmation thing here and we'll look at that.

Please DO NOT confirm if:

- You'll quit if you start off losing
- You cannot commit to a regular season twice as long as the number of players (So everyone plays each other twice). For example: if we have 16 players, it'll be a 32 game season.
- You don't have time to play
- You can't play games within the 5-day limit
- You refuse to play with any league rules we might come up with

If all that hasn't scared you off, confirm your team. If you want the same team as someone else, whoever signs in first, gets them :D

Confirmed
Konex - Lakers
DM - Rockets
Fifty - Raptors
Theo - Celtics
Slingtown - Nuggets
Ramirez - 76ers
Matrix - Rockets
Bob - Kings
Bish - Grizzlies
Mally - Jazz
FMT - Heat
CK - Knicks

League is full....

Cloudy

Banned
We'll start a week after release (Next Tuesday). In the meantime, everyone try to play as much as you can and post your thoughts on league settings, sliders and anything else here....

For trades, I was thinking we would set a deadline for mid-season and have them work in RealGM's trade checker in order to be approved (No ridiculous trades lol) What do you guys think? :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
HAHA MY QUICK FINGERS WILL BEAT DM TO THE ROCKETS! I'LL NEVER SLEEP OR LEAVE MY HOUSE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :D

Fifty

I'm in with the Raps. ugh.

DM will be a broken man....But Matrix deserves them more :p

I think DM's seperation from T Mac might cause him to hate this game more than any other reason.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
HAHA MY QUICK FINGERS WILL BEAT DM TO THE ROCKETS! I'LL NEVER SLEEP OR LEAVE MY HOUSE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :D

Wrong! You gave them up. You lose! You get the Magic now with Franchise and Mobley :p

Ramirez

Is this the same Mobley that was last seen throwing it down with a dunk without even a running go from 7 feet out?!?!SOLD!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
grizzlies96sl-1.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dont make me vomit Bish :(

Dm...whos got the quicker xbox live trigger finger? who will log on faster...only time will tell...muhahahahaha :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm on the fence. I mean it'd be cool, but after all the stupid drops we had in NFL and the no shows, I dunno if it'd be worth it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well CK, the ESPN NHL league is going along fairly well, after a few hiccups - well enough to support a secondary league. If we can get good guys for the hockey league, I'm sure the NBA guys are dedicated enough to see a small league through as well.

Just make sure that the games aren't too long (our NHL games usually last for 30-40 minutes in real time) so that it's not too much of a timesink, and I think people will stick with it.

And if not, we shall ban them.

Cloudy

Banned
Wellington said:
I'm on the fence. I mean it'd be cool, but after all the stupid drops we had in NFL and the no shows, I dunno if it'd be worth it.

That's why we wanna weed out any droppers now. I think we'll be good with 12 players :)

Cloudy

Banned
The league will be up tonight and it'll be 12 teams. There is a slider for everything, even the much maligned hop-step effectiveness. Too bad IGN's reviewer didn't find this :)

Matrix

This years version is better...and the Rockets will be mine muhahahahah *evil grin*

I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

I havent played live yet,only the slam dunk contest which is sweet as hell,but hard :(

Fifty

Cloudy said:
The league will be up tonight and it'll be 12 teams. There is a slider for everything, even the much maligned hop-step effectiveness. Too bad IGN's reviewer didn't find this :)

Sliders are great....But maybe we're starting this league too early. If we get burnt by crappy default sliders, or if we change them to new sliders and they're off, it wouldn't be that good. I hope you make the right decision in regards to them.

Ramirez

Well like I just told 50 on AIM,they are both very good titles IMO so far.The hop step does seem a little too effective in ESPN,but it almost seems non existant in Live now cuz you lose it most of the time.

But Im enjoying both immensely at the moment.

Cloudy

Banned
Just had an awesome game with Ramirez. Everyone try out 8 minute quarters on HOF diff...

Note: Those are not finalized settings. Just a suggestion...

Cloudy

Banned
Guys, I went into league creation and here's the deal:

- Max # of games regardless of the number of teams = 16 (Why after NHL allowed any possible amount?)

- There are playoff series so that is cool

- The only sliders I have seen online are in unranked games in the pause menu during the game. I don't see it in the league creation menu like in NHL >_<

- Each user can set their own camera preference

The good news is that so far on HOF difficulty, the stats are pretty realistic and hopstep abuse = travels and charges.

We'll still play for a week to see what is cheesy and have rules to stop it. In the meantime, the league is up. The difficulty and qtr length can still be adjusted to whatever we decide as a group before schedule generation so don't worry about that...

Name = GA Hoops
pass = espn

Only sign in if you've confirmed your team here and I've updated you in the list. The last 2 spots are FCFS

Fifty

I just want to say that Vince Carter is officially on the ESPN trading block. He may be the core of the team, but he's not the core of my team. I will entertain all offers, and I hope to have him moved as quickly as possible.

Matrix

Interested in Mobley? :p

Matrix

:( I wanted my Rockets....I feel naked.

Matrix

For Mobley *bats eyes* :p Screw that bum Vince!

Matrix

Fake fan alert! :)

Fifty

Now now Matrix. He has no home team. Neither of realize what an empty feeling that can be. (Looks to Konex, the Kobe/kinda Lakers fan who lives in Detroit and watches as his city wins a championship)

Matrix

DMczaf said:
T-Mac = the Rockets!

Without T-Mac, there would have been no Rockets!

LOL Rockets made the Playoffs without T-mac and if they dont make it with him...I will hunt you down and make you play hours and hours of espn football...muhahahhaha!

Yea poor Konex and Dm...lost souls.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
LOL Rockets made the Playoffs without T-mac and if they dont make it with him...I will hunt you down and make you play hours and hours of espn football...muhahahhaha!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Matrix

DMczaf

Matrix, lets PLAY for the Rockets. Rockets vs. Rockets. If you win, I will pick my...Bulls :(

I just hate seeing those high school centers, they are the stink left from Jerry Krause :(

Fifty

DMczaf said:
Matrix, lets PLAY for the Rockets. Rockets vs. Rockets. If you win, I will pick my...Bulls :(

I just hate seeing those high school centers, they are the stink left from Jerry Krause :(

A very diplomatic and kind way to solve this problem. DM gets 20000 "VC Points"

Matrix

DMczaf said:

Fair enough....but I promised I would play fifty first after the stros game is over.Ive never used this Rockets team before....I might lose :p

Fifty

I was going to say I'd let you play him first, but to be fair this might be the best way to do it. You can use our game as practice for the game that really counts.

Matrix

I suck bad with this Rockets team...DM can have them :p

Matrix

Didnt say I would be much better,but losing with the Magic wont feel as bad ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
After reading impressions, I'll pick it up tonight. I was worried about the negativity mentioned in the other topic.

In bitches. Knicks. I think i make 12. You know I am good for playing my games!

(Dammit, have to play Ramirez twice at least, ugh. :( )

Top Bottom