• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Ramirez

Heh,yea man Im sorry,dunno whats the deal is with us...

Damnit Fifty,you still didn't say anything about my offer! :mad:

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Heh,yea man Im sorry,dunno whats the deal is with us...

Damnit Fifty,you still didn't say anything about my offer! :mad:

It's all good man, it's on both of us, since we can play everyone else but each other. :lol

I will check out my roster when I pick up the game tonight, see what I have to offer.

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
Caron Butler and Luke Walton are on the trading block. I need a decent PG >_<

:lol
Come on, we only need 5 more teams! Get joining! I know theres more then 7 GAF members with NBA2K5!

Cloudy

Banned
DM: It's crazy dude. My team only has one PG on the entire roster. When Rush plays backup, he just keeps turning it over and Atkins already sux so he's worse with fatigue >_<

Also, the league is full. The others just need to sign in :p

Ramirez: Butler is a SF but he can sub in as SG too..

FMT: No... :lol

DMczaf

Ugh, I just saw that Bish wont be able to get the game til next week. How about we make a tournament til then?

Cloudy

Banned
Oh and I think we should bring back the major rules from last year even though they might be harder to pull off on this game (I noticed you can only icon-pass inbound to guards most times)

For those who didn't play last year:

- No full court passes after a made basket (unless it's in the last seconds of the quarter) Even though the AI gets back this year. It's just not realistic
- No iso-motion in the paint. Not realistic either
- No post-up threes (is that even possible this year with the way the post ups work :lol)
- No pausing when the other guy has the ball

I'll explain them in detail on the site but let me know what you guys think and if there is anything else we need to ban...

Ugh, I just saw that Bish wont be able to get the game til next week. How about we make a tournament til then?

Sounds good, Make an 8 man tourney :)

Fifty

I talked to Truelize, he wants in....But I had to tell him it was full :( :(

I said he could join if someone didn't sign up, or dropped out. If he can join now, tell me and I'll pass the message along to him.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No post up threes? wtf is that? what is a post up three anyway.

Ramirez

Some dude in the league last year (the one that had random people in it) would post up with Dirk at the top and bomb 3's and make them ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix said:
No post up threes? wtf is that? what is a post up three anyway.

Last year, cheesers would use a big guy who can shoot (like Dirk) and post up a smaller guy on the perimeter then hit threes from there. It was frikken ridiculous cos it was pretty much unstoppable :lol

Ramirez

Well I checked the ratings Fifty...

Robinson-82 OVR..92 Close...86 Med...75 3pt...85 Low Post Off...

McKie-78 OVR...89 Close...75 Med...78 3pt...80 Ball Handling...70 Steals...80 Def. Awareness.

Personally I feel they have underrated McKie's ratings,I remember at one point late in the season last year he was the best 3 point shooter in the league percentage wise,and he's an awesome defensive player,sooooo :p

I doubt you want them,was just giving you the ratings.

Fifty

Well Vince is a 91. AI is a 93. The only trade I'd make with you would be AI for Vince, and that doesn't sound appealing to either party.

Ramirez

Well you keep your man made of glass!!! >:p

I'd like to have Caron Butler,but I don't really wanna give up Glenn for him...:(

Fifty

I just played a great game with DM. Man, I really like this game. Awesome, awesome stuff. As it stands with 7 minute qtrs, the scores are a bit low, but I guess we'll just deal with that in the league.

Fifty

2 spots left. CK and Bish are both confirmed. I cannot believe that Vancouver isn't getting the game in for another week...That's unreal. The game is out everywhere!

DMczaf

Chicago 79, LA Lakers 55

Hinrich gave Konex the business

35 pts, 7 assists, 3 steals

Too bad the website didnt record it because Konex begged me to play before Matrix accepted the trade. >_<

Of course Matrix messages me on AIM like 5 mins into our game that he's about to do the trade.

Matrix

HAHA Kirk just took it to Fifty too :lol

I <3 Kirk.

Fifty

I went 6/25 with Vince. You know why? Because whenever I drove to the hoop....He would go for a crazy dunk, and it would be blocked. If there only was a way for him to go for a more mild move to the rack, it would be blocked less...They should have called more fouls. Who would have guessed that Vince is going to the rack too hard.

Since the hardcore people are reading this thread, I'll post some thoughts here instead of in the other thread.

- Icon passing should be visible only by the player who is doing it. If I bring up my icons, he shouldn't see it, and vice versa.

- As I said above, dunks are too often blocked, without a foul...Average players blocking superstars. Juwan Howard blocked me three times.

I'm not complaining, it was a great game. I caught up with the help of what I can only imagine was rubberband AI :p Two games in a row I've made a huge surge at the end. Actually, it was fair. I made some open shots and deserved to come back. Well, not all the way back.

Matrix

Those shots with Rose from the corner were sick...two in a row,fade away threes...ughh and then you had the massive brain fart 5 sec violation that sealed my victory..thanks a bunch :p

Yea this game has some friggin rubber band AI...I was screaming after being up 12 and then all the sudden you start hitting eveything >_< and I agree Icon passing shouldnt be seen by both sides.

Fifty

Well I can't say that it has rubberband AI. DM blew out Konex. I hit some open shots with a streaky shooter. We will find out soon enough I suppose.

Too many turnovers. The ball's like a pinball in this game.

Matrix

Dm crushing Konex...really aint saying much :p

Rubberband AI wouldnt help Konex :D

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Dm crushing Konex...really aint saying much :p

Rubberband AI wouldnt help Konex :D

:lol

And I had the HorriBulls. 64 Rated overall :D

Konex, it should be easier to beat someone using 1 player, not harder like how you make it :lol

Cloudy

Banned
I don't care about losing (as you all know) and I'm sure you'd still have won even if you spread the ball around but I just hate seeing ridiculous stats. Especially for something that we have control over.

Hopefully our league play is more sim that what I'm seeing so far in the tourney :p

Matrix

Thing is...most of my shots with Kirk were in the flow of the game...I wasnt going out of my way to shoot with him.I took 15 shots with Yao,I think 17 with Sura...I dished out 6 or 7 assists with Kirk...Its just Kirk was blowing by the Raptors pg...I need all the points I can get without Tmac :p....Captain Kirk was the man to do it!

Fifty

Cloudy said:
I've got something for you one-player-all-day-long whores. You'll see :p

Yeah, isn't his name Kobe?

edit: Matrix didn't abuse anything. He just took the best shots. When another guy was open, that guy would take a shot.

Matrix

You suck Konex...stats prove nothing ;) Now watch me play Konex tomorrow and get my ass kicked.

Also come league play...Kobe will become the ball hog we all know and love,when you find you cant score with anyone else.

DMczaf

I'm sure coaches tell their best player "Don't take too many shots, not because you will lose the game for us, but because your stats will not be realistic!"

Cloudy

Banned
Nah, I won't hog it. In fact, I always try to get Kobe assists in the game :eek:

Too bad I have no PG depth and Lamar is a BUST!!!!!!!!! >_<

DMczaf

Matrix, wanna do this in the league too? I take the Bulls, you take the Rockets and we trade Hinrich and T-Mac?

Matrix

Yea wtf not..I hate the fucking Magic and T-mac on the Bulls would sure make for an interesting league.

When the league is final we will trade :D The second coming of his highness in a Bulls uni :lol

Matrix

:lol Ok....no one would dare take the Rockets from me at this point! *runs to his xbox*

Ramirez

I find it extremely hilarious that Konex accuses us of only using 1 player when 90% of the time he goes down towards the baseline with Kobe and either pulls up for a shot or does some bullshit dunk.

Gonna try and tell me I abused AI,haha...he had like 34 points with 8 minute quarters,while McKie and Robinson both had about 15+,bah!

Ramirez

Someone trade him Lue again so I can do this...

iverson.jpg

:D

Top Bottom