• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

aesop said:
So, I'm screwed on finishing up the Archeology quests and finding the rest of the keys and legendary weapons that I didn't get. I've created a new character that I plan on making the evil incarnate, so I guess I'll just have to see if I have the patience to play through again.

you can still do the archaeology quests, instead of the dog leading you to the correct location you'll have the glowing trail instead. I chose sacrifice as well and was still able to complete those missions

StranGER

so i have my game as well as my girls and sons on my profile on my 360.

can i leave money to them somehow as a gift similar to giving it to other orbs?

aesop said:
I've created a new character that I plan on making the evil incarnate, so I guess I'll just have to see if I have the patience to play through again.
I had exactly the same thing happen (re your previous comments)... challenge yourself with a speed run. That's what I did and I had a lot of fun.

4hrs 45mins is your target. :D

Kletian

Is there a way to remove the 'Will user' veins and battle scars?

I got my shit pushed in while
breaking Garth out
and
opening the cullis gate to Bloodstone
, fucking Commandants.

Suuure, tell me that my trip to the Spire will be long and hard, so I go buy out every health pot I can find only to have it all taken away. Oh and only give me 3 during the breakout. fuckers

Twig

Banned
You know, I don't really see
the Spire
as a moral choice. I see it more as a
do I want to give in to the fucker who killed my sister, or do I want to defy him to the very last breath?

No matter if I'm good or evil.

Wraith

Kletian said:
Is there a way to remove the 'Will user' veins and battle scars?

I got my shit pushed in while
breaking Garth out
and
opening the cullis gate to Bloodstone
, fucking Commandants.

Suuure, tell me that my trip to the Spire will be long and hard, so I go buy out every health pot I can find only to have it all taken away. Oh and only give me 3 during the breakout. fuckers

This was annoying, but it was the only time the game came close to challenging me so I look back on it rather fondly. The one time I was knocked out was during the fight in the circle.

HiResDes

Does anyone know specifically where I can find a Master Blunderbuss? I have a Master Flintlock Rifle, but I am already missing my Steel Blunderbuss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tinfoilhatman said:
Sorry but this game has tottaly ruined JRPG or anything even resembling turn based.
I feel the same. :lol Coming in after IU which was a huge disappointment to me, this is like my wildest rpg dreams coming true. Seriously, devs like Bioware, Bethesda and Lionhead make me hate jRPGs which I loved a couple years ago. :/

PhatSaqs

Banned
tinfoilhatman said:
Sorry but this game has tottaly ruined JRPG or anything even resembling turn based.
It'll be very hard to go back after Fable 2. I was anticipating Fallout & TLR but I really have zero desire for another RPG right now.

Drek

xabre said:
So I'm alone in that thought?

Whatever I stand by it.
Its fun but it needs more depth and refinement.

Will powers need a better control system as well, some form of quick change (R trigger + dpad?) instead of the tiered charge ladder. The gun combat is pretty solid, so no real issues there (though dual wielding pistols would've been cool). Melee is ok but some form of dual wielding for smaller weapons and a better combo/counter system would've been appreciated.

It also needed more diversity. More weapons, more weapon types, more legendary weapons that are actually better than what I can buy in a shop. turret and clockwork riffles shouldn't have been so damage reduced for game balance and instead been a higher level weapon type. Skill progression/XP accumulation was also too fast so I'm only ~13 hours in (going for most side quests) and I'm nearly topped out. I also would've reorganized some of the brutal and dexterous styles (countering before charged attacks, aiming before zoom) that way you can incorporate the major elements of combat (which I think aimed shots is for marksmen characters) early and the frills later while still setting up the experience tree to reward at a slower rate. Maybe even break the dexterous and brutal styles categories up and let people pick what order they want to buy them in.

Generally a great game, but it just feels like they spent 85% of their time building the concepts and structure of the game world to then not put enough time into fleshing it out. Its like the anti-Oblivion. Where Oblivion's gameplay fundamentals are weak it does shine in sheer depth and diversity of options. Fable has that potential but just not enough content.

Gives me great hope for a sequel though, or hopefully some large scale downloadable content like 12-15 hour storyline expansion packs with new loot and harder enemies.

HiResDes

PhatSaqs said:
It'll be very hard to go back after Fable 2. I was anticipating Fallout & TLR but I really have zero desire for another RPG right now.
Really, from what I've been hearing Fallout 3 is the better rpg, notice I didn't say game that is even more subjective...Fallout 3 supposedly features some real moral decisions/consequences, and for that reason I cannot wait to get my hand it...That is maybe after I pick up Gears of War and Dead Space.

Wiggum2007

Drek said:
Its fun but it needs more depth and refinement.

Will powers need a better control system as well, some form of quick change (R trigger + dpad?) instead of the tiered charge ladder.

That was Fable 1's system, and it worked really well, don't know why they changed it. Although my bigger complaint is how few spells there are compared to Fable 1.

Jasoco

Banned
mandiller said:
Combat was fun and that's what really matters. So yes, it's a pretty good system.
The Combat System was awesome. But
it was all for naught because all that experience was never used! There was no awesome ending battle. So why even fight enemies in the game? It's like if I got to Rhapthorne at the end of Dragon Quest VIII (What? It's a 3 year old game.) and he/she (Not sure) said "Okay, I give up. You win."

I understand the lack of a battle because of the circumstances of the bad guy being just a wimpy non-hero, but still... what do I do with all my power?

pr0cs

I really dislike the magic system. I understand that they want to keep you from using everything anytime you want but right now it feels like I'm totally useless when it comes to magic because I only have up to rank 2 of any one spell.
I hate the spell layout mechanism.

I sold back all my points for lightning because it was making the game way too easy but I find without it the magic feels pretty weak, hopefully the higher levels will make up for it.

Anyone else prefer magic but didn't pick lightning? Wanted to know what other spells are actually worth owning. I'm using level 2 time and level 1 fire, run into a crowd, time slow, then spam fire a few times then use the gun/melee and fire to finish them off.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I haven't played Fable 2 yet, but I just wanted to chime in and say that western RPGs are indeed making me play less and less jRPGs. I'm at this stage where I'll start a jRPG because I've heard it's really good, but then once I'm about 10-20 hours in I just can't continue because I realize that I'm not having that much fun. I'm hoping one day jRPGs see a complete overhaul, because while I do like a lot of aspects about them, some parts just drive me crazy.

StranGER

Wraith said:
This was annoying, but it was the only time the game came close to challenging me so I look back on it rather fondly. The one time I was knocked out was during the fight in the circle.

Did you ever buy the castle and sleep in the nightmare bed?

no health and tons of people to kill

Jasoco

Banned
The Magic System made me not like using Magic and focus on weapons. After I maxxed my melee I moved to guns. And after getting the really nice hidden crossbow from you-know-where it became my primary weapon.

Now it's so easy to just pick everyone off from a distance.

But it's all for naught.

Fable II: Lost Chapters
with a bunch of real boss battles
please, Peter.

Twig

Banned
pr0cs said:
I really dislike the magic system. I understand that they want to keep you from using everything anytime you want but right now it feels like I'm totally useless when it comes to magic because I only have up to rank 2 of any one spell.
I hate the spell layout mechanism.

I sold back all my points for lightning because it was making the game way too easy but I find without it the magic feels pretty weak, hopefully the higher levels will make up for it.

Anyone else prefer magic but didn't pick lightning? Wanted to know what other spells are actually worth owning. I'm using level 2 time and level 1 fire, run into a crowd, time slow, then spam fire a few times then use the gun/melee and fire to finish them off.
I frequently switch it up.

At the moment I'm partial to level 3 blades, level 2 raise dead, and level 1 time control.

I summon dudes, and while the're distracted, I blade the hell out of them. Once they kill my undead minions, I warp behind them, summon more dudes, and start whacking away.

For a while, I would do level 2 vortex and level 1 inferno. Just single target fireball the hell out of people as they flail helplessly.

I don't really feel magic is overpowered at all, though. But I've never used lightning, I guess?

On my first character, though, I pretty much balanced out my skills in Strength, Skill, and Will, but always inevitably ended up using guns if I wanted to kill things fast.

Jasoco said:
The Combat System was awesome. But
it was all for naught because all that experience was never used! There was no awesome ending battle. So why even fight enemies in the game? It's like if I got to Rhapthorne at the end of Dragon Quest VIII (What? It's a 3 year old game.) and he/she (Not sure) said "Okay, I give up. You win."

I understand the lack of a battle because of the circumstances of the bad guy being just a wimpy non-hero, but still... what do I do with all my power?
The battle is not yet over. The spire still stands.

Twig

Banned
Hellraizer said:
Question about magic: how do I get rid of the blue veins? Do they disappear if I stop using magic, or if I level down the spells? (or both?)
I think you have to level down the spells. I've never tried it, so I don't know for sure.

I know that no amount of not using spells will get rid of the veins. If you pump XP into those spells, the veins show up no matter if you use them or not.

Mr. Sam

I tried to be evil, I really did. Somehow I've turned completely good though. Lame. That halo makes me look a little... fruity. I think a massacre's in order.

Jasoco

Banned
U K Narayan said:
The battle is not yet over. The spire still stands.
That's only relevant if
you can actually go back there in the game. Which you can't. So what's the point?

StranGER

TheOneGuy said:
I frequently switch it up.

At the moment I'm partial to level 3 blades, level 2 raise dead, and level 1 time control.

I summon dudes, and while the're distracted, I blade the hell out of them. Once they kill my undead minions, I warp behind them, summon more dudes, and start whacking away.

For a while, I would do level 2 vortex and level 1 inferno. Just single target fireball the hell out of people as they flail helplessly.

I don't really feel magic is overpowered at all, though. But I've never used lightning, I guess?

On my first character, though, I pretty much balanced out my skills in Strength, Skill, and Will, but always inevitably ended up using guns if I wanted to kill things fast.

i use level 2 time slow things down then charge up a level 5 fireball and everyone is dead before they even get a chance to attack. if i see them before hand i will use a level 4 undead to have back up before throwing down time.

i 99% of the time never even get one attack on me.

Twig

Banned
StranGER said:
i use level 2 time slow things down then charge up a level 5 fireball and everyone is dead before they even get a chance to attack. if i see them before hand i will use a level 4 undead to have back up before throwing down time.

i 99% of the time never even get one attack on me.
You're farther in the game than me on my magic character. ]=

By the end of my "balance" character (for lack of a better word), I would kill everyone before they would even get within ten feet by just smacking 'em in the face with a bullet or two.

Also: I don't like how you have to kill trolls in this game.

Also also: do you get anything for 8 perfect rounds in the Crucible? I only ever managed to get 7. Because of the... troll.

Cahill

Banned
ShinAmano said:
I do, but wont be on till 7est...keep me in the loop please.

Me too please. I still haven't received them and I was early on in the request loop. It was the original person who made the request, Costanza and then myself.

Cahill

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
Alright, once again this hasn't worked out. Tonight, at about 8:00 PM Central I will be in Bowerstone Market Square and any gaffers who want the hero dolls should start sending friend invites and we can get a chain going.

I'm calling it then. GT is Cahill I'll shoot you a FR.

EDIT: BAH! :lol

Top Bottom