• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

NME

F#A#Oo said:
I have the Hero doll from fable.com...I still have to get the doll from the shooting range but it's freaking hard...:D

I was given some good, perhaps obvious, advice on that. Use a pistol.

If you're already using a pistol, make sure you're using a master ___ pistol. Most folks would advise you to use the master clockwork pistol, although I couldn't find it in my world, so I went with the master flintlock pistol.

I immediately went from 5th place to 2nd place and got my doll. Two rounds later I came in first place to earn
the Red Dragon legendary pistol

But if strategy is more what you need, just remember that you can make up big points in round three.

Also, remember that the targets are stationary. I found that, especially in round two, I could stay on the same horizontal plane and just go back and forth between two or three targets with a lot of success. Often times, the target you shoot down will pop back up as well, so use that to your advantage. Just don't try to shoot at every bandit target: that's fool's gold.

And, of course, go for head shots. Someone else mentioned that you should take two shots at most per target before you move to the next, and I agree. Shoot once, if you miss, try again, then move right along to the next guy. Repeat.

I just used a steel clockwork pistol. I don't think the class necessarily matters in the shooting range, they all aim the same (although the lowest class might hold less in the magazine)

It just took a bit of practice, after several attempts I ended up with 187 or something (although the event still shows up on my quests list, along with the Crucible...)

Wraith

sionyboy said:
I just used a steel clockwork pistol. I don't think the class necessarily matters in the shooting range, they all aim the same (although the lowest class might hold less in the magazine)

It just took a bit of practice, after several attempts I ended up with 187 or something (although the event still shows up on my quests list, along with the Crucible...)

Yeah, I got first place at the shooting range and all perfect rounds at the crucible, received both weapons, and the quest stayed in my log.

Mr. Sam

The game's finally made me snap.
Terry Cotter's Army
made me so paranoid that I destroyed every
suit of armour
and wreck the house. Seeing the sudden switch at
Winter Lodge
made me fire the Enforcer everywhere - I thought I was in a Saw movie!

And so many people followed me in Bloodstone that I got trapped in one room. They all died in a shower of gore. It was glorious.
Naturally, I also let the girl grow old
. Happy game? You've broken me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just got the first ya know and the game is starting to pick up. I find the game more enjoyable without a spouse. Bastards want sex like every 5 minutes (Russell Crowe) and always complains about stuff.

Mr. Sam said:
Holy crap.
Winter Lodge
made me poo myself too! WHAT HAPPENED THERE!?!?!?

Yeah that was some scary shit there. I mean we are talking crazy ritual murders or something. For a second there i thought something was going to try and kill me.

edit
The entire thing was sooo well done as well. The first thing you think about is man that is a nice house i wonder if i can live here, lets see if there is anything insi OHSHIT BAIL OUT

Eteric Rice

Lostconfused said:
Yeah that was some scary shit there. I mean we are talking crazy ritual murders or something. For a second there i thought something was going to try and kill me.

edit
The entire thing was sooo well done as well. The first thing you think about is man that is a nice house i wonder if i can live here, lets see if there is anything insi OHSHIT BAIL OUT

Yeah.

I'm surprised no horror games have done shit like that before. Probably the freakiest shit I've ever seen in a video game.

Eteric Rice said:
Yeah.

I'm surprised no horror games have done shit like that before. Probably the freakiest shit I've ever seen in a video game.

I mean it really is a great psychological drama move. Put a player through a lot of shit than offer him a place of rest/safety/comfort and just as soon as he/she starts to get comfortable do an instant 180 on him/her. After that all thats left to do is to wish you could watch the expression on the players face.

Eteric Rice

Lostconfused said:
I mean it really is a great psychological drama move. Put a player through a lot of shit than offer him a place of rest/safety/comfort and just as soon as he/she starts to get comfortable do an instant 180 on him/her. After that all thats left to do is to wish you could watch the expression on the players face.

Indeed, when it happened to me I pulled out my gun as fast as I could and got ready. :lol

I remember walking towards it thinking, "man this is so pretty, wonder if I can bu FUCK WHAT THE FUCK *cocks gun*,

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Does anyone have a list of all the expressions in the "Scary" section and how to get them all? I'm missing two more Scary expressions to get The Completionist.

Searren

Domino Theory said:
So Extort and Threaten, hmm.

Could I just have a save spot, massacre the entire population of Albion, get the achievement, then revert back to the save before the massacre? :p

The achievement popped for me without those two expressions. I don't believe you need them if you're playing a good character. I had everything else for the achievement though.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Searren said:
The achievement popped for me without those two expressions. I don't believe you need them if you're playing a good character. I had everything else for the achievement though.

Ha! Thanks for that, dude. I just double checked all my expressions and found out that I'm missing a "Rude" expression. Maybe I just need that for it. :p

EDIT: Scratch that, didn't work. Slaughter time it is.

EDIT2: When I click RB, then go to Dog, the top left (inbetween Heal and Punish) is empty, is that the one I'm missing?

just finished it, I wasn't feeling the game early on but the game eventually grew on me, enjoyed it very much, B- for me, on to fallout 3.

Twig

Banned
Domino Theory said:
EDIT2: When I click RB, then go to Dog, the top left (inbetween Heal and Punish) is empty, is that the one I'm missing?
That's just to give your dog a treat if you have any.

StranGER

i been trying to figure out a way to give money or gifts from my charecter to another on my own xbox, is it not possible?

has anyone figured it out?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
StranGER said:
i been trying to figure out a way to give money or gifts from my charecter to another on my own xbox, is it not possible?

has anyone figured it out?
There's not a way. You'll have to find someone else to help you by holding stuff for you, and letting you sign out and sign back in with your new char.

NME

Mr. Sam said:
Holy crap.
Winter Lodge
made me poo myself too! WHAT HAPPENED THERE!?!?!?

One of my favorite moments of the game. That,
Tom What's-his-face with the army
and
Chesty
really pleased me.

It's a shame that all of those things can so easily be missed entirely.

ShinAmano

I have a Garth Doll up for trade for a Theresa Doll. Once I get her I think I have them all and can start passing them around again...

dreamer3kx said:
just finished it, I wasn't feeling the game early on but the game eventually grew on me, enjoyed it very much, B- for me, on to fallout 3.
Done with the story here too. It was kind of the opposite for me, liked it lots at first, then got sick of it sorta quick. The fighting started to feel real stale near the end.

StranGER

Cocopjojo said:
There's not a way. You'll have to find someone else to help you by holding stuff for you, and letting you sign out and sign back in with your new char.

ahh bummer i was afraid that was gunna be the case. a shame really you can trade with everyone else except people who live in your own house.

vilmer_

Does anyone know a way to transfer the Fable 2 save file to a memory unit, and then onto a new HDD? I just bought a 60 and I want to transfer it over from my old 20, but it won't even let me get it onto the memory card :(

Leonsito

WTF, I have a glitch in one of the quests after you beat the game.

In The Rescue quest, I go to the cave, save my daughter, reach to the final ladder to exit the cave, and me and my dog are the only ones leaving the cave, my daughter doesn't appear in Rookridge and if I enter the cave again the quest is restarted, I tried it a couple of times and always the same result. ;(

vilmer_ said:
Does anyone know a way to transfer the Fable 2 save file to a memory unit, and then onto a new HDD? I just bought a 60 and I want to transfer it over from my old 20, but it won't even let me get it onto the memory card :(
You'll need a transfer cable. The Fable 2 saves are locked.

Timber

Leonsito said:
WTF, I have a glitch in one of the quests after you beat the game.

In The Rescue quest, I go to the cave, save my daughter, reach to the final ladder to exit the cave, and me and my dog are the only ones leaving the cave, my daughter doesn't appear in Rookridge and if I enter the cave again the quest is restarted, I tried it a couple of times and always the same result. ;(
Came across this bug as well. I loaded the save before I entered the cave and went off doing other things, after a few minutes or so it tells me the quest is complete/failed
and my son had died.
oh well

Sushen

I got blocking ability and my character froze in blocking motion for a while and sliding around without any walking animation. Enemies get stuck on the ground while the rag doll animation continues going wild, or some enemies fall down on ground and never stands up although not dead yet. I can't understand these polish issues in a high profile game like Fable 2.

alisdair

Psychotext said:
You'll need a transfer cable. The Fable 2 saves are locked.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure my girlfriend moved her save to an MU, then on to a new Xbox. You just can't copy the save.

StranGER

anyone done the gargoyle cave mission?

got the bridge halfway lit up and can't seem to figure out what to do next.

also can't seem to break the gargoyles i have found by the chest.

antispin

StranGER said:
anyone done the gargoyle cave mission?

got the bridge halfway lit up and can't seem to figure out what to do next.

also can't seem to break the gargoyles i have found by the chest.

did you destroy all 50 of them buggers?

Leonsito

Timber said:
Came across this bug as well. I loaded the save before I entered the cave and went off doing other things, after a few minutes or so it tells me the quest is complete/failed
and my son had died.
oh well

Tried it again and worked!

Just don't use teletransport, go to the cave walking all the way from your house :D

Mindlog

Encountered my first big bug :(

I was making my way through Archon's Knot when I came up to an emo statue. So I am triggering the button and trying to figure out just what he wants when I'm called away for work. I save and quit. I come back to the game and now the statue is stuck in some ridiculous pose. It doesn't move or highlight and the little orb is still in its cage. The only way to get out is to fast travel.

Twig

Banned
StranGER said:
i'm over 20 in the wold but this mission is a cave with it stating to destroy 30 in here and you have to make a bridge to get across.
Every 10 you kill extends the bridge further. D:
Mindlog said:

I was making my way through Archon's Knot when I came up to an emo statue. So I am triggering the button and trying to figure out just what he wants when I'm called away for work. I save and quit. I come back to the game and now the statue is stuck in some ridiculous pose. It doesn't move or highlight and the little orb is still in its cage. The only way to get out is to fast travel.
I don't get the states at all. D:

Does triggering them set off something elsewhere?

antispin

StranGER said:
i'm over 20 in the wold but this mission is a cave with it stating to destroy 30 in here and you have to make a bridge to get across.

it's badly communicated by the game. what's it saying is that you need to go out there and destroy 30 gargoyles to get the next prize. you are currently at 20, so you need to destroy 10 more. it's a glorious task, not to be taken lightly. after you are done with 30, it will unlock another door which will give you access to the 30th prize's chest and the switch which will futher extend the bridge. then 40. then 50. then ze big prize.

(and by out there i mean, leave the cave and into the world. just clarifying!)

Akai

Mindlog said:

Have you tried
using the Bloodlust Roar expression?

TheOneGuy said:
I don't get the states at all. D:

Does triggering them set off something elsewhere?

Yes, it usually opens a door somewhere close by...

ShinAmano

Anyone know what the expression statues do? Also what expression the one in Bowerstone Cemetery needs? Is there a list of all of them? I have found 4 or 5.

Mindlog

Akai said:
Have you tried
using the Bloodlust Roar expression?

Yes, it usually opens a door somewhere close by...

Can't. It's stuck. Doesn't do anything
like most statues when you get something wrong it does the force push. In this bugged state it just stands there frozen.
I just think the bug occurred because I saved near it and now it doesn't know what state it should be in when I reload. I had no problems with the ones in Bowerstone Cemetary.

Also I didn't really figure it out earlier, but unlike most other RPGs it's not a bad thing to diversify your character in this game :D I maxed out all my strength a little too soon so unless I want useless XP I have to stay out of melee. Found out how effective level 5 shock is though. Very nice.

Top Bottom