• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone made it through all of the Archaeologist's quests? I am stuck on this one:

"I haven't been able to gather many clues about the next artifact. I believe it is in a cave by a beach somewhere, probably not far from the region where one of the previous artifacts was found. Which one, though, I cannot tell."

I feel like I've checked everywhere.

Teknoman

Oomph is an actual spell in Dragon Quest VIII. He was trying to be funny. :lol

Also Nozdeuce wont talk to me ; ;

EDIT: " I've got seafood down here, you know what that means... lets find a bed"

EEEEEEEWWWW :lol

Didnt expect that when I was trying to show the guard and sheriff my trophy. Lady comes out of no where.

Lovin the game so far~

Just a couple of questions...

How'd you have intercourse? I can't seem to figure it out.

I ate too much food to heal and now im a plumper. Is this reversible?

Blackface

Banned
I was enjoying the story line Fable II had a lot. Then I

Did the entire, being a slave in boot camp thing. Which lasted for 10 fucking years. Getting beat down like a bitch, choosing to kill the guy or not. Breaking out. It got me really emotionally involved in the story for some reason

Thats when the story went from good, to fucking great,.

Speevy

Banned
Pretty sure I explained it. It's not bland in it's style (for the most part), but it's bland to me because it's lacking in the areas I pointed out.

I think frivolous or meaningless are the words you were looking for. Bland implies generic or flavorless.

I fully understand that this game showers you with rewards so quickly that you don't know what to do with all your loot before too long. However, it's just plain fun. Really gorgeous areas to explore, wonderfully scripted sequences.

I haven't had this much fun in an RPG this generation.

mm04

I'm probably not going to buy this game because I've got a pretty good backlog and have LBP, Gears 2 and BK: Nuts and Bolts on the way, but I love coming into this thread to read about the exploits of some GAF's finest heroes. Some great stories posted so far :lol .

GavinGT

Banned
hotsauceiswack said:
Lovin the game so far~

Just a couple of questions...

How'd you have intercourse? I can't seem to figure it out.

I ate too much food to heal and now im a plumper. Is this reversible?

Rotate between the veggie shops, buying all the celery you can. It's the only thing that makes fatness go down.

Teknoman

How can you tell if someone can hear you or not? Nozdeuce wont talk to me ; ;

soxs1i.jpg

I just want to know where the inn is.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I am speechless... stunned...

***MAJOR SPOILER***
***MAJOR SPOILER***
***MAJOR SPOILER***
REAVER JUST SHOT MY PHOTOGRAPHER/THESAURUS MAN! He was the nicest guy ever, and since I invested in his business before I went to the Spire, he had become really successful and was really happy. And Reaver shot him because it was going to take three months for his picture to develop. Holy cow, I am pissed.

Seth C

I just completed the last of the Demon Doors. Sad to say, there is no achievement for that. Also, if anyone on the team is reading -- there is a glitch at the Fairfax door. You can pass through the spinning blue portal and stand in a little "box" of space behind it looking at an untextured wall. :)

Cocopjojo said:
Has anyone made it through all of the Archaeologist's quests? I am stuck on this one:

"I haven't been able to gather many clues about the next artifact. I believe it is in a cave by a beach somewhere, probably not far from the region where one of the previous artifacts was found. Which one, though, I cannot tell."

I feel like I've checked everywhere.

I'm stuck on the same one, and I tried transporting to, well...everywhere I can think to (and then some). So if you figure it out please do share here in the thread.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Teknoman said:

soxs1i.jpg

You see a mic icon above the gamerpic/orb if sound is coming through/talking. I had a guy on my friends list who didnt know you could chat in fable 2 through the orbs so i just start talking to him and all i hear is "WTF IS THAT, The game is talking to me"

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Seth C said:
I just completed the last of the Demon Doors. Sad to say, there is no achievement for that. Also, if anyone on the team is reading -- there is a glitch at the Fairfax door. You can pass through the spinning blue portal and stand in a little "box" of space behind it looking at an untextured wall. :)

I'm stuck on the same one, and I tried transporting to, well...everywhere I can think to (and then some). So if you figure it out please do share here in the thread.
I found it. : )

It's in
Rookridge, down at the beach by the Hobbe Cave. You have to swim across the water to the ship wreckage, and then move around the rock wall to the cave. Sand Gem Cave or something like that.

Speevy

Banned
Nutter said:
God, this game is pissing me off. Every fucking time i get a high combo on the blacksmith job, the game freezes on me. :(

Hmm, never had that happen. But the game is really, really working the Xbox 360 disc drive overtime. How old is your system?

Teknoman

Metalic Sand said:
You see a mic icon above the gamerpic/orb if sound is coming through/talking. I had a guy on my friends list who didnt know you could chat in fable 2 through the orbs so i just start talking to him and all i hear is "WTF IS THAT, The game is talking to me"

Thats the thing, I've seen others talking, but never anyone on my friends list (got it set to everyone). I know people off my friends list can hear me, but the green friends list orbs...not so sure.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Speevy said:
I think frivolous or meaningless are the words you were looking for. Bland implies generic or flavorless.

I guess I should have just said dull. Everything about it feels dull to me. On top of everything else I just has to restart a part of the main quest because it bugged out on me and wouldn't let me progress after spending 30 minutes trying to see if I missed something. That's always awesome. =/

Teknoman

Gemma the Stylist has a gift icon on one of the meters. Im past the icon...so doesnt that mean she should give me a gift?

Though she is a lesbian...that have any effect?

Xenon said:
Wow this is very surprising to hear. Thanks. I just picked up LBp but I think this will be next.

Pretty much. I didnt like the first Fable, but 2? Oh man :D

Fighting is actually pretty fun here too. Dungeons actually feel like dungeons as well.

Coverly

how do i dig for treasure in town?
my dog has found 2 spots, but when i go there,
where the icon to dig should be(the down keypad) i only get the dog play command.

how do i get that shovel button again? is the shovel good for just a couple uses?
if so, where do i buy another one?

:lol Just like real life, I can't seem to convince any girls to have sex. /shakes fist

I take their "like you" meter all the way up to the point they want to get married, lead them to a bed and... nothing. I'm using the standard emotes.

Seth C

Cocopjojo said:
I found it. : )

It's in
Rookridge, down at the beach by the Hobbe Cave. You have to swim across the water to the ship wreckage, and then move around the rock wall to the cave. Sand Gem Cave or something like that.

Thanks. I had totally forgotten about that cave. I had suspected it was near Hobbe Cave though, and had been there but nothing set off my dog so I moved on.

Teknoman

Coverly said:
where the icon to dig should be(the down keypad) i only get the dog play command.

how do i get that shovel button again? is the shovel good for just a couple uses?

Nah its permanent. Just move around abit.

Nutter

Well, my game copy only freezes up on me during the whole blacksmith minigame. : (
If it was my disk drive, the game would freeze outside of that job, but nope it runs fine everywhere else.

Phthisis

Coverly said:

Stand right in front of your dog's snout and the dig action should pop up on the down d-pad.

A couple of things because millions of you keep asking:

RE: SEX

YOU NEED TO BUY THE BOOK THAT TEACHES YOU THE "COME BACK TO MY PLACE" EXPRESSION, THEN USE THAT ON A GIRL WHO LOVES YOU, THEN FIND AN EMPTY BED, THEN SELECT THE BED AND IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX

RE: DLC ITEMS/FABLE2.COM FLASH GAME ITEMS

LOCATED IN THE CHEST NEAR THE CULLIS GATE IN THE VERY FIRST CAVE YOU GO INTO IN BOWER LAKE. (MASTER CHIEF ARMOR, CHICKEN SUIT, ANY OTHER ITEMS/GOLD YOU WON FROM FABLE2.COM)

RE: DLC CUTLASS AND DUNGEON

IT SAYS ON THE CARD. DIVE OFF THE CENTER PIER IN BLOODSTONE (YOU WON'T GET THERE FOR A WHILE) AND LOOK FOR BUBBLES TO DIVE INTO

Merguson

Banned
It's an interesting game, I've barely scratched the surface of this game world. I think I'll devote my time after the Fable 2 main storyline (and aftermath quests) to buying property legitimately. (Unless you can't)

EDIT: Not to include, I've seen most of the people on my friend's list in the game world.

Does the shops have "eggs" you can buy? I know of a certain person I can gift them to.

Phthisis said:
YOU NEED TO BUY THE BOOK THAT TEACHES YOU THE "COME BACK TO MY PLACE" EXPRESSION, THEN USE THAT ON A GIRL WHO LOVES YOU, THEN FIND AN EMPTY BED, THEN SELECT THE BED AND IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX

Ahhhhh. Is that in the bookstore in Bowerstone?

MacBosse

Damnit .... too much to play this week (and the next).

I got Sain'ts Row 2 in full effect right now, just finished Forced Unleashed. Got Far Cry 2 and Dead Space coming tomorrow ... And then Fable 2 the next week with Fallout 3 to top it off.

Never would have had imagined that I would have those kind of games un-opened and waiting to be played when I have another AAA I'm having fun with and trying to finish.

Good times! :D

EDIT Oh and then there's a little game called Gears of War 2 coming in only 2-3 weeks ... damn. Left 4 Dead says Hi and I die in gaming bliss.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Seth C said:
Thanks. I had totally forgotten about that cave. I had suspected it was near Hobbe Cave though, and had been there but nothing set off my dog so I moved on.
Yeah, mine didn't either, and after checking everywhere, I reread the clue and realized that I'd have to be in the cave for my dog to alert me.

Jesus I can't wait untill NXE is launched and I can load this onto the HDD to shut this fucking DVD drive up.

I can't play anymore today because it's so loud it can wake people up.

Teknoman said:

soxs1i.jpg

Dude I am pretty sure you are standing right in front of him while he is playing the minigame. That happend to me, it messed up my blacksmithing ^_^

I turned on Orbs for everyone during the very first fight with Bandits and heard a guy yelling "Yeah! Force Push! Force Push! Force Push!" :lol

Jasoco

Banned
Where's the best 500 foot high cliff to dive off of to get the achievement? I dove off a high one but I guess it wasn't high enough.

Teknoman

So has anyone run into a problem with friends list orbs not hearing them yet everyone else can?

Maybe its just because Noz seemed to be smithing at the moment and you cant hear others when working?

futnownarcade said:
Dude I am pretty sure you are standing right in front of him while he is playing the minigame. That happend to me, it messed up my blacksmithing ^_^

I turned on Orbs for everyone during the very first fight with Bandits and heard a guy yelling "Yeah! Force Push! Force Push! Force Push!" :lol

Yeah I just realized I might've messed him up since something similar happened to me a few seconds ago.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Teknoman said:
So has anyone run into a problem with friends list orbs not hearing them yet everyone else can?

Maybe its just because Noz seemed to be smithing at the moment and you cant hear others when working?
SpudBud and I are also having this problem. It is a bug. I would go post in this thread over here:

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/3147187.aspx

Also, Garth! Shepherd Book! How did I not recognize that until just now? Haha.

VALIS

Linkzg said:
Where are there women in this game that aren't ugly? I just want one my one wife and several prostitues, but Oak town and Barrow town suck.

It's the middle ages (ish). No makeup, poor dentistry, no skin care products, no '20 Ways to Ignite Your Sex Life' articles in the latest Cosmo, just be thankful you don't have to smell them.

Top Bottom