• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Well I picked the game up and started playing it at 12:00 PM yesterday (technically its wed now) and I have not stopped since then. So far the game is quite impressive, I haven't had this much fun since the release of Halo 3.

I sure there are many post's in this thread pointing out the same thing, but the game does has quite a few glitches. The ones I have come across haven't ruined gameplay or anything but maybe they should have delayed the game a few more months to work some extra polish in. Oh well, like a said not really a big deal.

Also, I am really impressed by how much better this game is then Fable 1, much much better.

Well im gonna go play some more.

Speevy

Banned
Has anyone gone red jacket, white hair, Dante-style combat, because that's exactly what I'm doing. I make each battle as overly dramatic as possible.

You can also go Max Payne if that's your thing.

I really haven't run into any glitches at all. Well Vincent (my dog) hovered once over a fire, but other than that it's been rock solid.

The DVD drive on the other hand has been having a hard time. The music is oddly low volume, and sometimes all sound cuts out completely. Come on NXE, hurry up!

Where is a good place to buy clothes? The one in Bowerstone only seemed to have woman's stuff.

AndersTheSwede said:
I really haven't run into any glitches at all. Well Vincent (my dog) hovered once over a fire, but other than that it's been rock solid.

The DVD drive on the other hand has been having a hard time. The music is oddly low volume, and sometimes cuts out completely. Come on NXE, hurry up!

Ya i have had some dog glitches where he gets stuck on things. No big deal though because he eventually will load next to you when you get far enough away.

My friend has a glitch right now where some text will not remove from the top of his screen. It constantly says "Buy new pieces from a furniture shop if you want to upgrade your house".

I'm sure there are many, many more too.

I bought some decent clothes from the bowerstone store, perhaps items change on different days.

Seth C

Jasoco said:
Where's the best 500 foot high cliff to dive off of to get the achievement? I dove off a high one but I guess it wasn't high enough.

When you get to Bloodstone there is a fun sidequest you can take, and near the beginning of it you will have to make a dive that is 500+ feet.

Teknoman

Speevy said:
Has anyone gone red jacket, white hair, Dante-style combat, because that's exactly what I'm doing. I make each battle as overly dramatic as possible.

You can also go Max Payne if that's your thing.

Too bad there isnt a "vanity" or screenshot mode to take pics of your characters. That should be in the next update...or something.

BakedPigeon said:
Ya i have had some dog glitches where he gets stuck on things. No big deal though because he eventually will load next to you when you get far enough away.

My friend has a glitch right now where some text will not remove from the top of his screen. It constantly says "Buy new pieces from a furniture shop if you want to upgrade your house".

I'm sure there are many, many more too.

I bought some decent clothes from the bowerstone store, perhaps items change on different days.

Yeah, some of the contextual menu's seem to have some weird shit going on.

But then again, I loved Mass Effect and that was a travesty of glitches and bugs. The pop-in textures... :lol Must be the PC gamer in me. Just used to it.

Hmm, she'd didn't have any male clothing when I went there. I'll check back again later. One thing I have noticed is that Fable 2 has a much better NPC cycle than Oblivion ever did.

Teknoman said:
Too bad there isnt a "vanity" or screenshot mode to take pics of your characters. That should be in the next update...or something.

Have a sculptor make a statue of you? I want the same type of feature.

AndersTheSwede said:
Yeah, some of the contextual menu's seem to have some weird shit going on.

But then again, I loved Mass Effect and that was a travesty of glitches and bugs. The pop-in textures... :lol Must be the PC gamer in me. Just used to it.

Hmm, she'd didn't have any male clothing when I went there. I'll check back again later. One thing I have noticed is that Fable 2 has a much better NPC cycle than Oblivion ever did.

Yes much better NPC cycles.

One thing tha is really annoying me right now though is 34 people are in love with me, so when I am out and about the shops or whatnot I have crowds and crowds of people hovering around me. I am damn close to taking safe mode off and testing out my new axe :lol .

BakedPigeon said:

One thing tha is really annoying me right now though is 34 people are in love with me, so when I am out and about the shops or whatnot I have crowds and crowds of people hovering around me. I am damn close to taking safe mode off and testing out my new axe :lol .

Yeah, I also dislike how if your flirting with someone a crowd will gather and all will start falling for you, including the guys and the fat girls. I've even taken a girl back to a room and have had a guy follow :lol

Seth C

BakedPigeon said:

Just put on some stuff that makes you frightening. For example, the augment that makes everyone fear you. Then they will run away in terror, but they will not be in your way.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I finished the Archaeologist's quests... now where did she go. I wanted to marry this chick, she's like one of the only attractive looking females in the game.

Cocopjojo said:
I finished the Archaeologist's quests... now where did she go. I wanted to marry this chick, she's like one of the only attractive looking females in the game.

Is this a good quest line? Seemed like the token fedex from the description.

Cocopjojo said:

You actually saw an attractive female in this game? Post locations when you find her :lol . All I can find it BBW and guys who want it in the pooper.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
AndersTheSwede said:
Is this a good quest line? Seemed like the token fedex from the description.
Yeah, it is just finding items based on clues. You have to know the world, which makes it kind of fun.

Seth C

To all those complaining that there are no hot chicks in the game to marry -- how does an
undead bride
sound? Really.

Teknoman

BakedPigeon said:

Damn...right when I had something funny to say I forget the name of the movie. What was that movie where the guy gets pissed off and just flips out due to day to day stress and over crowding? He held up a hamburger place in the movie too.

Speevy

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Is there adoption in the game? Or I guess gay/lesbian couples can't have children?

I haven't explored the gay/lesbian dynamic in this game, but the heterosexual females seem to be high maintenance whores.

Teknoman

Wtf...my sheriff acts like
sheriff.jpg

Its a quiet night. Im on my way to the camp to furnish one of my shops (though im not sure you can). I see its time to walk my dog (actual dog irl that is) so I put the controller down on the way to the camp. All of a sudden a loud shot cuts through the silent night.

Actually made me jump because the shots in this game are pretty damn loud. The sheriff is just shooting out into the wilderness. Now either he's just doing target practice or some dangerous thing is lurking out there among the trees.

Justinian

Teknoman said:
Damn...right when I had something funny to say I forget the name of the movie. What was that movie where the guy gets pissed off and just flips out due to day to day stress and over crowding? He held up a hamburger place in the movie too.

Falling Down. wasn't it a traffic jam that caused him to flip out? You would think that with Fable 2's fast travel it wouldnt be a problem...

Teknoman

Justinian said:
Falling Down. wasn't it a traffic jam that caused him to flip out? You would think that with Fable 2's fast travel it wouldnt be a problem...

Thats the movie! For some reason I wanted to say Breaking point :lol But yeah its still kinda the same context of "get out of the way because im about to snap".

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Hm, I'm slowly but steadily sliding towards "corrupt" and I can't figure out why. I'm playing a good character and he's edging towards "Good" and away from evil pretty quickly... but for some reason corrupt/purity is moving in the other direction.

As far as I know I've ALWAYS chosen "the path of the light."

Thoughts? Is it because I'm keeping all the shops and homes I buy at the default price? I didn't raise any of them, but I didn't lower them, either...

Teknoman

GDJustin said:
Hm, I'm slowly but steadily sliding towards "corrupt" and I can't figure out why. I'm playing a good character and he's edging towards "Good" and away from evil pretty quickly... but for some reason corrupt/purity is moving in the other direction.

Thoughts? Is it because I'm keeping all the shops and homes I buy at the default price? I didn't raise any of them, but I didn't lower them, either...

Its because you didnt eat your beans!

Seriously though, I think food has an effect on your soul's purity/corruption level. Eat a balanced diet and you should be back to normal.

Also, whats up with this feature:

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/2859601.aspx

Under the Features list:

If you go into another persons game as a guest the look of the character will be based off of your character's look. If you don't have a character of your own you'll have a generic pre-determined look to your hero

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Teknoman said:
Its because you didnt eat your beans!

Seriously though, I think food has an effect on your soul's purity/corruption level. Eat a balanced diet and you should be back to normal.

Ha, I actually don't think I've eaten *any* food yet, really.

Well... that's not true. I've had a couple things, but only to heal up. I certainly haven't "explored" any of the foods in Fable II, etc.

Seth C

GDJustin said:

Are you eating meat or drinking alcohol? Those are both corrupt.

Teknoman

Teknoman said:
Also, whats up with this feature:

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/2859601.aspx

Under the Features list:

If you go into another persons game as a guest the look of the character will be based off of your character's look. If you don't have a character of your own you'll have a generic pre-determined look to your hero

And this: http://www.gamesradar.com/video/v-2008022210923493050

In all seriousness, they might end up reimplementing using your actual hero in someone else's co-op game. Especially if they actually have that listed at the community forums official info section with the video linked to it as well.

gray_fox224 said:
Planning to pick this up tomorrow. The excellent impressions here has made me a believer.

Unless you don't like the genre, I think every 360 owner should buy this game. Its pure awesome so far.

Hatchman

I played about 8 hours straight yesterday and have completely fallen in love with F2.

Superb in so many ways; the feeling of wondering around a living, breathing fantastical world being the main highlight.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

soco

wow. i'm really impressed.

i enjoyed the first fable and figured this would be fun, but the first open area with the hero's cave thing feels bigger than the entire first game ;)

and there's so much to do. i love the dog, it's like a less annoying Navi.

saunderez

BakedPigeon said:
I had this but managed to fix it by buying a new piece of furniture and placing it in one of my houses.

burgerdog

This game is downright gorgeous, Brightwood during the day is a sight to behold, wow. The vista in Bandit's Coast is a beauty, too. Holy shit, this is the engine that other rpgs should be made on, imagine what it could do in far smaller areas. Oh, a buddy decided to invite me to coop(he didn't even know it was possible, clicked it thinking it wouldn't work) and I'm surprised that I actually enjoyed the session that we had. I did not even want to play it from what I had read earlier in the thread, yes, I think sharing the screen is stupid, but I had a ton of fun regardless and I'm looking forward to doing it again. This game seriously rocks.

xbhaskarx

Despite the lame co-op and the glitches, I'm absolutely loving this game. It's like Fable 1 times 10. It's like Mass Effect, if a game is good enough I can overlook the flaws.

Chris R

Question for people. If I wanted to create a second "account" to play another save file, how would I do that so that account also could play online? IE I want two save files that don't overwrite one another, and want to be able to do everything with both.

Justinian

What I really want to know is if this game as glitchy as Mass Effect? I returned that game unfinished because I just couldn't put up with the bugs and terrible performance.

I still intend to finish that game one day because I hear the story hits orgasmic levels.

Zzoram

Justinian said:
What I really want to know is if this game as glitchy as Mass Effect? I returned that game unfinished because I just couldn't put up with the bugs and terrible performance.

I still intend to finish that game one day because I hear the story hits orgasmic levels.

Mass Effect was never glitchy for me. It just had texture pop-in.

Chinner

Banned
so i dont know if its been already said, but some guys on another forum whove got fable have tried online co op and it is not split screen.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Chinner said:
so i dont know if its been already said, but some guys on another forum whove got fable have tried online co op and it is not split screen.
That's the way it's always been.

xbhaskarx

Chinner said:

It's been out for over a day, many people on every forum have tried online co-op.

Top Bottom