• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FF3 DS JPN/US thread

jko

img.php

img.php

Pastry

Banned
jko said:

B-b-but they're not supposed to have noses. I can't get enough of the boxart. Hopefully NA gets the exact same cover or I'll be forced to import it so I can have both copies :D

polg

Cheebs said:
Well imo I-VI(with an exception for the amazing IX) are the only decent ones to play so you are fine. ;)

I'll be picking VI on GBA as well :D

Now I need to find a way to create a vortex, travel in time and play it instead of going to work... <_<

Red Scarlet said:
'Dark Knight' is probably what you are calling Paladin.

(stares at status class screen)...yeah, that would be it. Makes more sense now. In the NES version there was a definite 1-2-3 progression so that's probably what messed me up back in the day; Fighter-Knight-Paladin for some reason made more sense in my brain than Fighter-Paladin-Dark Knight. So yeah, no new classes. I wish there was a moogle class but hey, guess I can't argue with just having the game back.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Just roll with it Scarlet. If the thread gets bumped to the first page on Gaming Discussion, most people will likely check the last page first I think.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I was thinking "WHERE ARE THE NEW CLASSES?!?!?!" then I remembered that FFVa was getting them, haha. This ships next week eh? Can't waiiiii~~~~t!

jarrod

Banned
speedpop said:
Yeah, same people that did DQVr neo.
Some of the same people... for DQ5r Matrix Software handled code work, Arte Piazza handled implementation/mechanics, Armor Project (ie: Square Enix Product Development Dept. 9) oversaw everything and it was all done on a Chunsoft engine.

Matrix is a great little team (LandStalker, Alundra, Dual Hearts), but their talent's usually wasted on mobile games or doing gruntwork for other developers.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
omg rite said:
and mognet is...?

what do you do, log online and download side quests or something?
you didnt play ff9 did you?

mognet in ff9 was a mail-like service between moogles.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pureauthor said:
So, one week left until it hits Japan.

I wish it was hitting later, honestly. I have too much to play, and FF3 will only distract me.

Burnst

Is the &#65509; 5,980 price point usual for third parties in Japan or did they just figured people are going to pay it up anyway?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Burnst said:
Is the ? 5,980 price point usual for third parties in Japan or did they just figured people are going to pay it up anyway?

I think that's the Square-Enix Premium™.

Sallokin

Pastry said:
Dagnabit! Mark my words the game is coming out in September or very early October!

I hope for early October, otherwise, FFXII is going to completely overshadow FFIII. September would be nice, but with DQ:RS and VP2 coming out from SE, I think that month is a bit crowded (not to mention various other games like Yakuza and Okami)

thefro

Translation of the V-Jump scan by xcomp at ********* .com (the censored site)

1. &#12383;&#12414;&#12397;&#12366;&#21091;&#22763; (Tamanegi Kenshi / “Onion Knight”) the strongest class!

That’s right! The “Onion Knight” class is back and they’re much stronger than they look in this remake! Although the Onion Knight was one of the earlier classes you could take up in the original game, this time it is a hidden, unlockable class. It’s hinted that you can unlock it if you collect the set of Illusional Onion Gear. In the screenshot, it shows how the Onion Knights can “one hit kill” a powerful dragon (depending on level).

2. The two key characters, Unei and Doga.

Appearing in the second half of the game, these two disciples of the Great Mage Noah, are the ones who know the secrets of the world and who the true enemy is. Who is this Zande and what does Doga mean by the true form of the world?

While Doga posesses great magical power, Unei possesses the power of the dream world. Sleeping for over a millennium and watching over the dream world, Luneth and his friends must find a way to wake him. After waking him up, the path to a giant ship is opened

8/24, Your Trip into the Unknown World…

Lastly, V-Jump states there will also be many new events that weren’t in the original game as well as a new crystal and dungeon.

thefro said:
Translation of the V-Jump scan by xcomp at ********* .com (the censored site)

:lol So it sounds like the took the Onion Knight - default character class in the original - and made it unlockable if you get the gear, which was the secret way to make Onion Knights in the original game actually useful at all past the first ten minutes. Neat. :)

Une and Doga are same as before, really. Of course, its their companions I think we want to see...

Red Scarlet

Alright, I changed the US date in the initial post and added king zell's front and back..anything else I should add to the first post?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Most DS games are 4400 or 4800 yen. 5800 yen is SE charging more than everyone else, like usual.

I have to go preorder the game this weekend. :S

thetrin

Red Scarlet said:
I probably won't get it until September something..go UPS ground instead of 2-day.

It would probably take just as long even if I sent you a copy.

thetrin

Red Scarlet said:
Well, with 2 day I actually get it in that time...I got FF9 the day after it came out in Japan..here of all places!

I`ve never preordered a game at a convenience store, so FF3 will be my first. It`s going to be interesting.

thetrin

Chris Michael said:
One thing I love about this game is that your movement isn't limited to up/down/left/right. That pissed me off so much in the 2D FF's.

The true innovation in FF3DS: Diagonal movement. Can`t front on that shit.

Since you're able to play while controlling your characters with the touch screen, I'd say it's the bottom one.

Why don't you just borrow one that works fine, anyway?

thetrin

Red Scarlet said:
DS games look weird! Which screen is the main one? I think the top one is what's busted on the DS I might be borrowing.

I could always just send you my old DS. I don`t use it now that I have a Lite.

Top Bottom