• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FF3 DS JPN/US thread

Red Scarlet

It got leaked, probably an Asian version (those come out before the Japanese release). Probably a store in Hong Kong or somewhere sold them early, or an employee grabbed one and leaked it. Somebody, somewhere, likely in eastern Asia got a copy and leaked it out.

CoolS

thefro said:
Report from a couple people who "have the game" on GameFAQs.

"You meet your party members one by one and each has a little graphics scenario"

So does this mean the characters are introduced via FMVs?
And is there any information if the intro is the only FMV in the game?

Red Scarlet

Well, if everything works out, I may try to type out a translation guide of the game crap (towns/shops/weapons/armor/items/spells/who can use what, etc) and make it a big post. sporsk said that might be a good idea, and that may help out people that want to import it. Would that be useful to anyone? It'd be a constant 'work-in-progress' and input/changes/corrections from fellow players would be useful.

thefro

A translation post would be cool, but keep in mind there's already a lot of FF3 Famicom translation stuff out there. So try to build off that.

Couple other game notes people are posting:

- "Row" command is in
- Skill level seems to have more of an effect in this game than the original
- The lava in the
flame cave
now sucks HP, unlike the original
- Shields are now actually useful now. Tradeoff is more even between it and carrying 2 weapons.

Intro Video (someone filming their DS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ich21i4Y14o

Hmm, no Capacity? So you can change jobs whenever you want without penalty/cost?

So I wonder if the jobs level up at all... if there's no Capacity cast, it doesn't seem like there's anything to improve...

thefro

Greenpanda said:
Hmm, no Capacity? So you can change jobs whenever you want without penalty/cost?

So I wonder if the jobs level up at all... if there's no Capacity cast, it doesn't seem like there's anything to improve...

Skill level seems to be much more important in this version of the game according to a couple impressions. That's basically the "leveling up jobs" stat.

In the original game Skill affects your Attack Damage, Hit%, Magic Attack Multiplier and Steal rate.

The various jobs also give out different level-up bonuses (i.e. a Monk has a bigger HP gain than the other starting classes).

thefro said:
Skill level seems to be much more important in this version of the game according to a couple impressions. That's basically the "leveling up jobs" stat.

In the original game Skill affects your Attack Damage, Hit%, Magic Attack Multiplier and Steal rate.

Ah, right. Gotcha :)

Deku

Banned
Greenpanda said:

I've said this a while back. One of the famitsu previews mentioned you can change jobs 'anywhere'. so I took it to mean no capacity points. This seems to confirm it.

FFIII seems to take a nod to a lot of the gameplay from FFXI, stat boosting being a central aspect of XI and free job changes, as long as you've unlocked it of course.

Saoh

omg, Nov. cant come soon enough. This holiday season is going to be great (and ****ing expensive too :'( )

B.K.

GoldenEye 007 said:
Pretty nice overworld footge there. I'm not big into Final Fantasy at all, but it is quite the improvement over FF IV's.

Of course it is. Final Fantasy IV: Advance was a port of a 14 year old game, with minor graphical enhancements. Final Fantasy III is a full remake.

Avalon

I wonder if the game will allow you to choose which character you want as your "Lead" character... I really have the idea of Luneth as the character I have to run around as. :(

Avalon

Red Scarlet said:
In the original, you could just hit select to change who led the party. Maybe that's still implemented.

I sure hope that's still the case... I really enjoyed that pseudo freedom.

thefro

Avalon said:
I wonder if the game will allow you to choose which character you want as your "Lead" character... I really have the idea of Luneth as the character I have to run around as. :(

There's an "order" option in the menu, so I'm assuming you can.

Aeana

It's ならびかえ but you can change position as well as row, anyway. There doesn't seem to be a hotkey to just switch like select in the Famicom game, though.

Red Scarlet

Ah, that's the term for it in 4 to change where they are positioned! Cool.
I wonder if the annoying row thing is still in the remake.

In the original, if everyone was in the front row to start the battle and you got back attacked, all 4 party members would be in the back row. So you'd use up a round changing back to the front row, then after the fight everyone would be in the back row..so you'd have to switch rows after every back attack or just switch rows again the next battle. That got annoying.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Red Scarlet said:
Well, if everything works out, I may try to type out a translation guide of the game crap (towns/shops/weapons/armor/items/spells/who can use what, etc) and make it a big post. sporsk said that might be a good idea, and that may help out people that want to import it. Would that be useful to anyone? It'd be a constant 'work-in-progress' and input/changes/corrections from fellow players would be useful.

If you could do this, it would be AMAZING. I would help out with whatever I could too.

If anyone else thinks this is a good idea, let scarlet know so she can gauge interest.

Aeana

It sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I wouldn't mind helping, either, if needed.

I had a lot of fun contributing to the FF12trans wiki when I was playing it.

thefro

Getting a Wiki up sounds like the way to go, actually, since a lot of people on the GameFAQs board have translated menus and the like already (plus you can work from the NES translation stuff).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
have fun with the game everyone I doubt I'll be able to get it in november. ;_;

oh well, hopefully the game is good!

ethelred

Error2k4 said:

Wha? How can you not get it, Err? You have to. Why would you not get this awesome game? :(

Y2Kev

Error2k4 said:

Price drain or some other circumstance?

RPGAF needs to play this in a group! ;)

ethelred

Y2Kevbug11 said:

We all need to send Mognets to each other! My FF3 experience will not be complete if I can't send Mognets to Error. Therefore he MUST get the game.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Y2Kevbug11 said:

$$$

I'm freaking broke :lol

but I'll make an effort and try to get it. I want to play this game so bad.

Aeana

Do you need a password to contribute to the wiki? It asks for one, like the FF12trans wiki. I'd love to start contributing.

Y2Kev

GameFAQs has people saying they are from Hong Kong with the JP version early. They are translating...so lets see if the wiki can support that.

Y2Kev

Whoa, it's building fast.

To the creator: Shouldn't it be public access so anyone can edit it? As it is, you are going to require people to go scouting the web in order to find translated bits and pieces.

thefro

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Whoa, it's building fast.

To the creator: Shouldn't it be public access so anyone can edit it? As it is, you are going to require people to go scouting the web in order to find translated bits and pieces.

Ok, fixed.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
From impressions it seems like there are still rows in the game, and mages defence might be worse, but for those who can equip shields now it does make a big difference unlike the first game.

Top Bottom