• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football•Soccer•Fútbol Thread 2008/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedeo

Zoolaga said:
United's squad for the Peterborough friendly tonight, 19:45 kickoff:

I wasn't expecting to see them play along side first teamers so soon. Also looking forward to seeing how well Possebon and Campbell plays, they've looked pretty good in pre season.

Yeah bit of a suprise, but makes sense with the Danny Simpson loan move, Fabio is the better of the two.

Ronok

avaya said:
Also we are not going bankrupt, don't attribute things to me that I I didn't say. I said we are just financially weak and we know it and we are doing nothing about it. Which makes the board a bunch of total cunts.

Wilshere is the first good English player I have seen in ages. He has an acceptable level of technical ability. Get him on more creatine, he is alread twice the size of Walcott.

We are not financially weak. :-/ I don't see where you can get that idea from. :-/

Wilshere is twice the size of Walcott? Wilshere is absolutely tiny. :-/

This doesn't at all need to go here, but, I can't be bothered to find a thread where it fits...... It's incredible though. lol

avaya

Ronok said:
We are not financially weak. :-/ I don't see where you can get that idea from. :-/

This doesn't at all need to go here, but, I can't be bothered to find a thread where it fits...... It's incredible though. lol

Wage structure. We are financially weak. Clubs that talk like that are financially weak. Accept it. The evidence is staring you in the face.

Wilshere is a midget at the moment but the pair of quads he has on him are incredible. He went into Salgado and it was Salgado who came out of it worse. Walcott would have been in an ambulance. Van Perise would have been beheaded. Wilshere has the bottle, some would call it bone idle stupidity, but you have to have some of that in your game. Wilshere won't be bossed around. He is visibly a tough little fucker. Good. Well pleased with that. We have never replaced Vieira. At his best Patrick would take on an entire opposition midfield by himself and dominate them.

Also pleased with Nasri so far. Hopefully we don't manage to train that shot out of him. He is already better than Hleb. Get Vela on some creatine and I see great things coming from him.

gigapower

avaya said:
Wage structure. We are financially weak. Clubs that talk like that are financially weak. Accept it. The evidence is staring you in the face.
You need to whore out that stadium some more.

SupahBlah

Banned
the disgruntled gamer said:
I can't wait to come back and look at these first few pages and laugh at everyone who thought Tottenham would crack the top 4.

They won't get anywhere near, no one else will break the top four the distance between Liverpool and Manchester United was the same as the distance between Liverpool and Everton.

No chasing team has improved drastically enough to close that distance, Spurs may have finally got a decent keeper but the defence and midfield still need improving and if they sell Berbatov their strike force too.

Portsmouth are the only real team I see doing anything, even with the selling of Muntari they are nicely balanced and I believe Defoe and Crouch will do well, I've always had a pop at Defoe but the change of scenery helped him a great deal in his move to Portsmouth and he's been playing better a full season and a revitalised Crouch is why I see them doing well.

Everton still haven't replaced Carsley, they have a small squad and are broke, Fulham won't give them money for Johnston because his knee is fucked they want to sign Moutinho but have no money.

Manchester City will be better Hughes is a pretty great manager too, be interesting to see how they do.

But no team has closed that gap while the top four teams apart from United have strengthen their line ups.

hadareud

The Translator
we just gave Adebayor 70 grand a week, Van Persie is close to signing a deal of the same magnitude and Fabregas will be getting somewhere close to a 90 grand a week contract before the summer is over.

I don't see how these wages don't compare to other clubs and why we should be paying those sort of wages to players that are 20 or only had one good season for the club. To be quite honest 70k a week for Adebayor is already overkill.

And that we don't have 5 players earning 130 grand a week and 15 earning 5 isn't something negative.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I just looked at a list of transfers this summer. The spurs oversold a lil bit didn't they? lol.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
avaya said:
I simply must know WHO this is and WHAT this is from. RIGHT. NOW. NOW.

PMing you the nudes with her name there is one of her playing wii with her breasts out! :D

marmaraS

its not about giving players what they want, its about the club paying what they deserve. If Adebayor has another good season then the board will see that as deserving of a better contract. Its nothing about not being able to afford it.

EDIT: Eurogamer have FIFA 09 footage up: http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=12858, i think its the same as before but might be better quality

Osorio

Cornballer said:
Sweet. Just confirm the location and time before you go. I just got it off of some guy's blog.
I personally know the guy who's blog that is so I'm not worried about confirmation. I dunno if I should leave sooner or later cuz I wouldn't be surprised if there was a good crowd. It sucks that I don't have a camera or else I'd snap up some good shots for you guys.

Osorio said:
I personally know the guy who's blog that is so I'm not worried about confirmation. I dunno if I should leave sooner or later cuz I wouldn't be surprised if there was a good crowd. It sucks that I don't have a camera or else I'd snap up some good shots for you guys.
You know the TOR guy? Heh. He puts up some funny stuff.

Wes

venison crêpe
Guys I'll sort out a proper premier league final prediction thing soon much like last year.

Disappointed Simpson has gone on loan, from what I've seen of him he looks to be the most promising youngster next to Campbell, but I suppose we have plenty of cover in that position at the moment.

Cedeo

liquid_gears said:
Disappointed Simpson has gone on loan, from what I've seen of him he looks to be the most promising youngster next to Campbell, but I suppose we have plenty of cover in that position at the moment.

Danny Welbeck is a better player in his position than Danny Simpson is in his.

TDG

Banned
marmaraS said:
EDIT: Eurogamer have FIFA 09 footage up: http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=12858, i think its the same as before but might be better quality
Man, EA has really stepped it up this year. I'm picking up Madden and FIFA on day one for the first time in years.

However, I'm very anxious to see what teams and stadiums are being added. It's a bit too Euro-centric for my taste.

Cornballer said:
You know the TOR guy? Heh. He puts up some funny stuff.
Yeah, I always get a chuckle out of his blog.

Osorio

Man, EA has really stepped it up this year. I'm picking up Madden and FIFA on day one for the first time in years.

However, I'm very anxious to see what teams and stadiums are being added. It's a bit too Euro-centric for my taste.
I'd really like a GAF MLS league.

TDG

Banned
Osorio said:
I'd really like a GAF MLS league.
That would be good times.

I'm just waiting for Crew Stadium to be in FIFA. Hey assholes at EA: so what if it's a glorified high school football stadium? We were the first SSS in the MLS! We deserve to be in the game! I don't want to play my home matches in "American Stadium 1."

Cedeo

Coca%20Cola%20Championship.jpg

Coca-Cola Championship: Fixtures • Table • Defending Champions: West Bromwich Albion FC

Cornballer, could you add this?

avaya

hadareud said:
we just gave Adebayor 70 grand a week, Van Persie is close to signing a deal of the same magnitude and Fabregas will be getting somewhere close to a 90 grand a week contract before the summer is over.

I don't see how these wages don't compare to other clubs and why we should be paying those sort of wages to players that are 20 or only had one good season for the club. To be quite honest 70k a week for Adebayor is already overkill.

And that we don't have 5 players earning 130 grand a week and 15 earning 5 isn't something negative.

Paying Ade more than 50k is overkill. We did push the boat out with Henry though and it was worth it.

Osorio

That would be good times.

I'm just waiting for Crew Stadium to be in FIFA. Hey assholes at EA: so what if it's a glorified high school football stadium? We were the first SSS in the MLS! We deserve to be in the game! I don't want to play my home matches in "American Stadium 1."
How is that stadium anyway? I was completely against the stage but it turned out to be a good thing because the supporters groups got together. I remember watching the Columbus-KC game and saying wow.

Cedeo

Manchester United vs Peterborough - Pre-Season Friendly

Links: One - Two

Should be live from 19:45 GMT
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The young Brazillian midfield deep-lying playmaker Rodrigo Possebon is playing, looks very promising from the Vodacom Challenge Cup in South Africa, also Fabio and Rafael are coming on at half-time, Fabio is captain of Brazil u19's and is a left back but is right-footed, could be good cover for G '2 weeks' Nev and Brown.

Is anyone else having problems with tinypic today? It just hosed a bunch of images from the OP, and my avatar went down, too. I've never had a problem with them before. :mad:

Ronok

Ronok said:

Did I really forget to add a link or was my post edited? o_O;;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz0PaPpmGa8

Cedeo

Cedeo said:
Manchester United vs Peterborough - Pre-Season Friendly

Links: One - Two

Should be live from 19:45 GMT
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The young Brazillian midfield deep-lying playmaker Rodrigo Possebon is playing, looks very promising from the Vodacom Challenge Cup in South Africa, also Fabio and Rafael are coming on at half-time, Fabio is captain of Brazil u19's and is a left back but is right-footed, could be good cover for G '2 weeks' Nev and Brown.

Tevez looking ridiculously good, he'll be our best player this season.

Ryck

Cedeo said:
Beats about 3 players and makes the pass everytime he gets the ball
He is our attack every time we go forward he's directing the attack.. except for Nani just now... who looks alot like last year great pace great control then does fuck all at the end of the run lol.

Also this De Silva character is interesting.

Cedeo

It's only Nani's second game, he reminds me of Ronaldo's first season when everyone was saying that he had 'no end product'.

Ryck

Cedeo said:
It's only Nani's second game, he reminds me of Ronaldo's first season when everyone was saying that he had 'no end product'.
Yeah if we are comparing him to Ronaldo I think he looks a tad better. ( first year I mean)

Cedeo

hadareud said:
not that I want to spoil the moment, but you're playing Peterborough

Be-little it as you like, Tevez looks sharp, full of life and thats the bottom line, no matter what opposition we're playing. Last season he looked exhausted from the get-go and he's looking a lot better than anything I've seen before from him in his movement and vision.

Cedeo

Rafael De Silva, supposedly the weaker of the two, is looking really natural at right back, he has got gas.

Ryck

Yeah exactly Nani seemed alot more sure of himself. I almost forgot he was so young alot of the time.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hey Cornballer dude if you can add my psn/gamertag to the list please.

It's AndresON777, I have FIFA 08 and UEFA Euro on 360...no ps3 football games right now. I'll be getting FIFA 09 as well on 360. East Coast, USA. thx

Rehosted a bunch of images because Tinypic is crapping out today.
Cedeo said:
Coca%20Cola%20Championship.jpg

Coca-Cola Championship: Fixtures • Table • Defending Champions: West Bromwich Albion FC

Cornballer, could you add this?
Done.
ChrisGoldstein said:
Hey Cornballer dude if you can add my psn/gamertag to the list please.

It's AndresON777, I have FIFA 08 and UEFA Euro on 360...no ps3 football games right now. I'll be getting FIFA 09 as well on 360. East Coast, USA. thx
Done.

Ronok

I'm watching this pre-season game to see how Man U are getting on before the season starts and wow..... Justin TV comments are so horrid. lol Load of 12 year olds. lol

Ryck

Ronok said:
I'm watching this pre-season game to see how Man U are getting on before the season starts and wow..... Justin TV comments are so horrid. lol Load of 12 year olds. lol
Yeah I know... I just open it in a new window and resize the window to be the size of the viewing screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom