• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Football Thread 2007/2008 (Soccer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryck

Rooney with the goal... I really think we may see a jump in goals this season from him. Im thinking 20-24 league goals. ( as opposed to his usual 15)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Whichever dickhead is streaming the United - Inter game, despite having entitled it "Man Utd - Inter Milan {Enjoy}", has turned the channel over to some nothing show! And now it's gone blank.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Ibrahimovich scores. the goal shouldnt have counted. Evra got tackled and the inter player didnt get the ball. We should have been given a free kick.

Lakitu

st5fu
Mama Smurf said:
Whichever dickhead is streaming the United - Inter game, despite having entitled it "Man Utd - Inter Milan {Enjoy}", has turned the channel over to some nothing show! And now it's gone blank.

I know. He turned it over into some talkshow crap and tvants ain't working. Anybody got a link?

Ryck

Yeah I noticed that as well I looked up and some chicks we're talking than nothing... and Tvants has been sitting here "buffering" for like 10 minutes ..... le sigh..

psycho_snake

Bllody hell....3-1 to inter at old trafford. This is annoying. Nice finish by suazo though.

Suazo has been playing well in the preseason. Though I guess Inter only need two of their 23 strikers to play well at any given time.

Mama Smurf

Embarrassing, especially as Inter are further behind in their preperation. They do seem the better team on play as well...at least, in the time when the stream's been running.

psycho_snake

Disappointing first half. Apart from that goal we scored, we didn't do anything special. We had a good opportunities to score from two free kicks close to the edge of the area, but both times we hit the wall.

Mama Smurf

Is it 1-3 at halftime? The feed disappeared again in the 45th minute, but I assume it stayed the same.

United look quite dangeorus going forwards, particularly Rooney, but defensively they're being passed around with ease. I wouldn't worry too much though, it's the first actual, challenging friendly they've had. Better to have a wake up call now than in a competitive game.

psycho_snake

Why didnt fergie use fletcher instead of o'shea? fletchers been good during pre season and he's a much better central midfielder than O'shea. It seems like an odd decision to me.

I dont see what we can do to change the game. The best that can happen is that fergie gives them a good team talk to wake them up, but its not like we have any options on the bench that can change the game. If smith is on the bench then put him on instead of eagles. He hasnt been doing anything special and giggs keeps drifting out onto the wing, which leaves rooney alone upfront. Putting smith on will give rooney some more support.

Mama Smurf

Might just be a slip, but if not centre half means centre back, not central midfielder.

You are missing Neville, Park, Anderson, Nani, Scholes, Hargreaves and, quite possibly, Tevez. This isn't the sort of performance I expect to see this season from United.

Ryck

psycho_snake said:
Why didnt fergie use fletcher instead of o'shea? fletchers been good during pre season and he's a much better centre half than O'shea. It seems like an odd decision to me.
Fletch also tends to play well against Italian teams ( for whatever reason) but yeah if Alan dosen't come on in the 2nd half then I guess he's as good as gone. :(

Lakitu

st5fu
Feed's back. Attacking wise Man Utd have been good as usual but defensively, very bad. Evra is going forward to often and leaving them exposed on that flank.

psycho_snake

Mama Smurf said:
Might just be a slip, but if not centre half means centre back, not central midfielder.

You are missing Neville, Park, Anderson, Nani, Scholes, Hargreaves and, quite possibly, Tevez. This isn't the sort of performance I expect to see this season from United.
I knew that, just checking if you can notice the mistake. well done, you pass!

we wont be playing like this throughout the season, at least I hope we dont. We are missing quite a lot of players and this is our first game against a tough side.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Remember like 4 hours ago when i said West Hams mooted interest in Smith would force Allardyce to sell us Dyer just like a similar interest in Barton got us Parker?

Newcastle midfielder Kieron Dyer has been given permission to speak to West Ham after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

The England midfield player's future has been the subject of much speculation but he now looks poised to become Alan Curbishley's latest in a long list of summer signings at Upton Park.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce had earlier insisted a reported £4million bid for the England international was well below Newcastle's valuation.

Dyer is understood to be keen to move south to be closer to his family.

I WAS RIGHT FOR ONCE!

colbertCalledIt.jpg

psycho_snake

Lakitu said:
How did it happen? I missed it. But I kind of feel sorry for Adriano...
he headed it in from a ronaldo free kick.

What the **** was our defence doing!? They've been so sloppy today.

Osorio/Miner/Other people watching MLS - how has Arturo Alvarez been playing recently? I remember when he was a kid playing for the Quakes a long time ago, and there have been recent rumblings about him lining up for the US U23 team or the full side. Any thoughts?

psycho_snake

I think it was a male stripper. I only saw the persons legs from a distace on the side of the screen whilst security were holding him to the ground.

I cant bloody believe ferdinand missed that chance. It was a simple shot from the middle of the box. Rooney did brilliantly to set it up.

Lakitu

st5fu
psycho_snake said:
I think it was a male stripper. I only saw the persons legs from a distace on the side of the screen whilst security were holding him to the ground.

I cant bloody believe ferdinand missed that chance. It was a simple shot from the middle of the box. Rooney did brilliantly to set it up.

:(

Has anyone ever seen an attractive female streaker? I've only seen a few pictures before, and it never seems like a good idea for them to take their clothes off.

psycho_snake

Mama Smurf said:
Is it over? What was the score?

Whatever the score, at least you didn't lose 2-1 to Huddersfield.
:lol Ouch.

United lost 3-2. Adriano scored a fantastic header for us quite early in the first half and since then we played really well. We had a couple of good chances to score again. Ronaldo had two brilliant shots saved by their goalie and Ferdinand missed a sitter. We should have won that game, or atleast draw the game, but we were let down by some bad defending in the first half.

Well it was only a friendly. Cain't say I'm pissed. We were poor first half, defence was dodgy, shape was all over the place. Second half we poked at the Italian wall o defence for a significant part of the time.

A good work out for all involved really.

Mama Smurf

United always seem to play poorly half the time and then great the rest against Italian teams.

Only half a week until the Charity Shield, you've gotta be excited. And I'll watch Lazio - Arsenal tomorrow, Shanghai - Liverpool Friday, probably Man City - Valencia and Ajax - Arsenal on Saturday...and then the season starts.

Karakand

Valencia is the first friendly I'm actually going to watch. I want to get excited but since this is City I know they'll do something horrible to crush my heart.

Osorio

Mama Smurf said:
He's scored 36 goals in 164 appearances for Bolton. That's a goal every 4.55 games. In footballing terms, we call that rubbish.
I never called him a good striker. After all, there's a reason we got Anelka in the first place. Oh as for the argument thing we need more fans of teams other than Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man U. There was that Chelsea fan but he only shows up when they win something. Where the Geordies at?

Osorio

Cornballer said:
Osorio/Miner/Other people watching MLS - how has Arturo Alvarez been playing recently? I remember when he was a kid playing for the Quakes a long time ago, and there have been recent rumblings about him lining up for the US U23 team or the full side. Any thoughts?
I've seen him a couple of times, and he does well. The only thing is that now he gets overshadowed by Toja, Nunez, and Ruiz. He's a solid player that doesn't get much attention. Though I don't watch Dallas much but that's the impression I get whenever I see him play.

psycho_snake

Despite United losing today, I think rooney was man of the match. He was really good against inter today. He scored a goal and his performance was brilliant. You could see him running everywhere.

psycho_snake

Lakitu said:
Liverpool are linked to Chinedu Ogbuke ("Edu).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinedu_Ogbuke

Another striker? Don't get that...
It doesnt seme like its a necessary signing. You've already got torres, voronin, kuyt and crouch, whihc should be enough. There really isn't any need to get anyone else.

If you do get him, I highly doubt he'll get to play much. He's going to be a player for the future rather than a regular starter. However, I don't see the point of buying a young striker for the future unless you loan him out. Its no good for him to sit on the bench for most of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom