• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

M3d10n

I *knew* it was a useless bump.

To the bumper:
IF ANYONE KNEW, THEY WOULD HAVE BUMPED THE THREAD AND CREATED A NEW ONE!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I just purchased a 3ds today at a very agreeable price bundled with mario 3d land.

Can I get free stuff?!

EDIT: I read the OP and it appears definitely not, but you know. IT would be really nice of them!

tsab

My friend's dad, who works as CEO for Nintendo of Japan, told me that they are still printing game cartridges for those 10 GBA Ambassador games, so it may take a while.

Here is his IRL quote
My friend's IRL Quote said:
They are still printing game cartridges for those 10 GBA Ambassador games, so it may take a while

Boney

Banned
I just purchased a 3ds today at a very agreeable price bundled with mario 3d land.

Can I get free stuff?!

EDIT: I read the OP and it appears definitely not, but you know. IT would be really nice of them!

You can get Zelda 4 Swords with a boring retrofitted one player mode, and a Pokedex 3D.

You missed out on the ambassador games and excite bike 3d

They're waiting to release Super Metroid 3D on 3DS on Christmas Day before releasing GBA games December 31 so that we can have Metroid 1-4 lined up on our homepage
?

Followed by the announcement that Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming to 3DS by the end of February.

;_;

tsab

I hope the new e-shop on 8/12/2011 will bring the updated emulators for the NES games too. (and let's hope for a adhoc multiplayer is included for games that support 2play)

OMG Aero

I'm calling it now, when the GBA games are actually released no-one will know for hours because one guy will post the news here and everyone will ignore the thread thinking it's just another useless bump.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well, seeing as somebody bumped this thread, I may as well stop biting my tongue: 10 GBA games?!

Not counting the re-releases (Yoshi's Island, Mario games, ALTTP)

1. Mother 3
2. Fire Emblem (7)
3. Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
4. Mario Kart Super Circuit
5. Wario Land IV
6. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
7.Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
8. Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
9. Game & Watch Gallery 4
10. Pokémon FireRed

Really, there are far too many quality GBA titles to choose from.

Emitan

RhkOv.png

Tadale

I don't care when they're coming, I just want to know what the last five games are. I kind of wish they'd spread them out, and not give them to us all at once.

isny

napkin dispenser
I don't care when they're coming, I just want to know what the last five games are. I kind of wish they'd spread them out, and not give them to us all at once.

I expect them to spread them out anyways. They clearly don't have their shit together right now.

Because it keeps getting bumped with no new info which gets people's hopes up (like mine) when I see it's on the top of the forum.

How about this: If you're an ambassador you should have downloaded the certificate and signed up for spotpass notifications. Use that as your only source of information.

isny

napkin dispenser
I really want to know when they're going to add save state functionality to the NES games...

Whenever they release them to the general public.

This is definitely something that is stopping me from playing Zelda. I'd be all over that, but not being able to save state it makes it useless for the type of way I'd play it in my free time.

Javier

Whenever they release them to the general public.

This is definitely something that is stopping me from playing Zelda. I'd be all over that, but not being able to save state it makes it useless for the type of way I'd play it in my free time.
You can still suspend the game, though. If you bring the VC menu and then exit the game, it will continue from where you left off the next time you load it.

zigg

You can still suspend the game, though. If you bring the VC menu and then exit the game, it will continue from where you left off the next time you load it.
Yup. Unless "the type of way [you'd] play it" is "restore a save state whenever I get annihilated by a room full of Darknuts so my death counter stays at 0", there's no problem.

isny

napkin dispenser
Yup. Unless "the type of way [you'd] play it" is "restore a save state whenever I get annihilated by a room full of Darknuts so my death counter stays at 0", there's no problem.

This.

It's such an unforgiving game =(

Wait, what? Why would you close the thread?

Because it's not producing new info and the discussion devolves into "Why was this thread bumped" every time it happens. Speculation is fine but I think we've speculated to death on what all the games could be. When we get new info it should go into a new thread.

Edit: Of course, after I say that, potential news is posted. lol

UberTag

I missed out on the speculation fun earlier on in this thread but my hope is that the five remaining GBA titles include one or more of the following...

- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (I'm a bigger fan of FE7, but I'd roll with FE8 due to it being less likely to scare off newbies with its difficulty)
- If no Fire Emblem is in the cards due to it effectively being considered "dead" in North America, I'll certainly endorse Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
- Both Golden Sun & Golden Sun: The Lost Age (the puzzles & dungeon design in The Lost Age is astounding; both games are needed due to how they connect together)
- Both Fire Red & Leaf Green editions of Pokemon (allows jaded gamers who've never given Pokemon a chance to experience the Kanto region games where all of the fun began)
- Provided the absence of rumble functionality isn't a liability, I have yet to play the oft-raved about Drill Dozer

Whereas I EXPECT we'll get the following...

1) Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (2004)
2) The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2005)
3) Mario Golf: Advance Tour (2004)
4) Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)
5) Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (2003)

I'm inclined to think we're not getting The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in light of the effort to develop & release Four Swords on DSiware for free earlier this year.

Mrbob

Hate this thread right now. Yet I contribute to the pain with this post!

Really want those GBA games (plus finding out what the final 5 are!). NES games haven't aged that well for me, but the GBA titles should hold up much better.

Hate this thread right now. Yet I contribute to the pain with this post!

Really want those GBA games (plus finding out what the final 5 are!). NES games haven't aged that well for me, but the GBA titles should hold up much better.

Well, Fusion will, at least.
That's all I really want.
I've been itching to replay it.

I find it quite sad that so many people in this thread say the NES games are crap.

I bought my first 3DS games this week, after using the console for months.

My only previous purchase had been $2.99 for Super Mario Land.

52 hours of fun.

$2.99 for Nintendo.

Thats how I roll.

IMG_3203-1.jpg

IMG_3205-1.jpg

Top Bottom