• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

Golden Sun was great in it's days but time has moved on!

frankanddochuh.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm... I'm half expecting these titles to appear between 10pm and 3am PST tonight, based on prior experiences...

More realistically, late tomorrow afternoon, matching up with the Japanese release.

marcurius

So, this was sort of asked earlier in the thread, but I just want to make sure.

I picked up a used 3DS today which has the ambassador games on it. Judging from the answers a few pages back, these games are tied to the machine and not some sort of user account, so that means I should be able to do a full factory reset on the 3DS and still be able to download the games, right?

I'm a bit puzzled how the 3DS handles accounts to begin with, all I could change in the system settings was a profile name, birthday etc. But I couldn't delete the 'main' Mii, nor could I figure out how to change any sort of user name / password in the friends list section.

backlot

So, this was sort of asked earlier in the thread, but I just want to make sure.

I picked up a used 3DS today which has the ambassador games on it. Judging from the answers a few pages back, these games are tied to the machine and not some sort of user account, so that means I should be able to do a full factory reset on the 3DS and still be able to download the games, right?

I'm a bit puzzled how the 3DS handles accounts to begin with, all I could change in the system settings was a profile name, birthday etc. But I couldn't delete the 'main' Mii, nor could I figure out how to change any sort of user name / password in the friends list section.

Factory reset would probably delete your ambassador status. I don't think you can delete the main Mii but I think you can edit it and change its name. There also are no usernames or passwords for the friends list. Nintendo doesn't have any online accounts which is why ambassadorship isn't tied to any.

marcurius

Factory reset would probably delete your ambassador status. I don't think you can delete the main Mii but I think you can edit it and change its name. There also are no usernames or passwords for the friends list. Nintendo doesn't have any online accounts which is why ambassadorship isn't tied to any.
Well, I read this and decided to give the reset a shot anyway. It worked out fine, so I guess you're safe as long as you don't delete the eShop account, which I didn't do. The games are available in the Titles You've Downloaded section of the eShop.

I assume, from the fact that there are no user accounts, that I won't have to worry about the original owner "reclaiming" anything in the future either then. Nice!

Lucky guy, getting a used 3DS and having the Ambassador titles in it.
I bought it from an online auction site, and got it specifically because it had the games :)

zigg

Don't blame me if you blindly try this but--

When I was trying to solve error 20109 (still not solved), NOA recommended I reformat my 3DS. It was my understanding that I got to keep my content and stuff on my SD would still work.

Don't try it before you check it out though.

EDIT: Oh, you tried it. Yay!

tsab

It even transfers your play log,steps,play coins I hear! (and transfers your eshop Bison Dollars to your other eshop account too!)

MooMoo

Huh. So recently I've been running into saving issues. I first noticed it with Yoshi's Island where I beat one level and exited to the Home screen, which is what I had always done before. I tossed it off as a fluke and since it was just one level I decided it was a non-issue. But then I played Metroid Fusion, played a sector's worth of gameplay, went to the next sector, saved, and exited. Well, turns out the game didn't save because I found myself having to replay the sector I know I finished. Anyone else having saving issues? It's not like I'm exiting to the Home screen mid-save or anything so I have no idea what's happening.

Desiato

I suck at Fire Emblem. I'm playing on easy, but I still lose a lot of my guys. :( I'm also out of money, and my weapons are all about to break in one more mission or two. Any tips on how I'm supposed to make money? Lost most of it at the collosseum getting my ass kicked. I'm at Chapter 13 now.

I'm not good at RPGs...

I suck at Fire Emblem. I'm playing on easy, but I still lose a lot of my guys. :( I'm also out of money, and my weapons are all about to break in one more mission or two. Any tips on how I'm supposed to make money? Lost most of it at the collosseum getting my ass kicked. I'm at Chapter 13 now.

I'm not good at RPGs...

It is important to take advantage of your thief who can both steal items and open chests. That is usually where the big money comes from. However on certain missions you could get special items that would sell for a hefty price too like promotion items or those red/silver balls which new recruited characters could carry.
Conserving weapons is a good thing to do in order to save money, so instead of buying new weapons try to trade weapons with characters you barely use.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I'm not good at RPGs...

Tip for the Colosseum; don't accept the fight if it's over 700 gold. It's the safe bet. And you can jam on B to exit the fight if it looks like you're going to lose (you'll exit at the end of the round).

You get a lot of characters in this game, so even if you lose some you'll make up for them later. Keep in mind to check how far enemies can move, and who can tank hits to draw enemies out, if you're trying to raise up weaker units.

Personally, if I lose a unit it's an automatic restart. :p

I'm not good at RPGs...
Sell Blue/Red/White Gems if you've not done so already. Otherwise, there is the Runesword trick in the tower (I outlined the points here).

Money-wise in terms of cost per use it generally goes like this (starting with cheapest):
Axe>Lance>Sword>Bow>Anima>Light>Dark

Kazerei

Banned
I created a Club Nintendo account yesterday. WillI still get coins for the ambassador games anyway or has that ship sailed?

Try linking your 3DS to your Club Nintendo account from the eShop, then contact Nintendo's customer support. They should be able to see your download history and then manually add those games to your Club Nintendo account, so you can get coins for them.

Top Bottom