• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS2 Madden Tournament II: The Enemy Within

another madden tournament lets hope this one goes down... without issue :D

here are the rules: pick your 3 most hated teams. if anyone has duplicate teams, i will draw your team when i draw the matchups. we need between 8 and 16 players to pull this off. we can work with 12, in which case i would draw random "#1 & #2" seeds so they would get byes out of the first round. anyhow, if interested, post your 3 most hated teams. the tournament probably wont start until after e3 is over (unless the people going to e3 dont want to play anyways). again, post your 3 most hated teams in ORDER!

1. FMT - packers
2. Hitokage - Eagles
3. wellington - seahawks
4. miguel - titans
5. archaix - ravens
6. dmczaf - panthers

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Eagles, Seahawks, Steelers, Redskins, Vikings, Jets, Cowboys, Niners, Ravens, Bucs. In that order!

I hate the fact that the top teams I hate are really good in this game. :|

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:
Eagles, Seahawks, Steelers, Redskins, Vikings, Jets, Cowboys, Niners, Ravens, Bucs. In that order!

I hate the fact that the top teams I hate are really good in this game. :|
It's all because of maynerd, isn't it. :(

I'm also guessing that matlock has something to do with your third choice.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow you are right on both counts. :)

Funny thing is I used to really like the Steelers. My 8th grade teacher, and my favorite teacher of all time was a huge Pittsburgh fan and he was the one that really got me into the sport. That was back when they first got Bettis from the Rams and they went to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnel. :lol It's amazing how guys like Duce, Maynerd, and Matlock can change your opinion on a team.

Anyway:

Eagles - Hated division rival, Duce and Skinnyrattler are annoying douches
Seahawks - Maynerd is an annoying douche, Jay Feely, underserving super bowl run
Steelers - Matlock, Benny Roth, Archaix, Undeserved Brady hate.
Redskins - Hated division rival, Incognito is a douche
Vikings - '98 wildcard game, 2005 loss to them without allowing a TD
Jets - Hated cross town rivals
Cowboys - Hated division rival, TO
Niners - 2001 playoff loss (PASS INTERFERENCE YOU ASSHOLES!)
Ravens - 2000 superbowl loss
Bucs - Madden 2004/05

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hey you, just because I stole twenty three consecutive draft picks from you in fantasy football drafts is no reason to hate the Steelers.

Okay, maybe it's a reason to hold a bit of a grudge.

Most hated teams:

Ravens, Cowboys, Colts(It's a Manning thing. And a dome thing. I wouldn't necessarily want to play as them, I just have to put them here because it's the truth). And, as I mentioned in the other thread, if I could play as Eagles fans then that would easily be my most hated team.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:
Wow you are right on both counts. :)

Funny thing is I used to really like the Steelers. My 8th grade teacher, and my favorite teacher of all time was a huge Pittsburgh fan and he was the one that really got me into the sport. That was back when they first got Bettis from the Rams and they went to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnel. :lol It's amazing how guys like Duce, Maynerd, and Matlock can change your opinion on a team.
I understand completely, as around 80% of the reason I hate the Eagles is purely the desire to have TheDuce22 suffer. The other 20% is the rest of Eagles fandom.

At the same time though, please understand how I feel to have maynerd on my side. :(

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hitokage said:
I understand completely, as around 80% of the reason I hate the Eagles is purely the desire to have TheDuce22 suffer. The other 20% is the rest of Eagles fandom.

At the same time though, please understand how I feel to have maynerd on my side. :(

Diablos.

Matlock.

Me.

Yeah, let's not turn this into a "Look who I get grouped in with!" party. :D

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you are a liar archaix! admit the browns are your most hated team. ADMIT IT!!!!!!!!

:lol It's just hard to hate something so pathetic. I mean, honestly now. Charlie Frye is their savior at the QB position?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cowboys,Colts,Steelers,JETS AND GIANTS...its a ny thing

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
You better hope I never meet you, chum.........p. No one talks shit about the Giants, NO ONE!

:lol

Rorschach

1) Motherfucking Broncos* - The only thing I hate about south park.
2) Kansas City* - They're all major 'mos...especially Trent Green (oh with the exception of Gonzalez. He's a hometown boy and a messican...so he's only a minor 'mo)
3) Bucs/49ers!!! (the fans suck major balls)
4) Chargers*/Rams/Ravens - Chargers fans suck/ Rams it's left over from when they were here...they're equivalent to the clippers/ Ravens are fucking cheaters...and criminals!

If this is all about playing with your most hated team, then I'm out. I'll never play as the Broncos in any Madden game!

*division rivals

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
College Hoops 2K7
Madden 07* Read Garnett's and see if anything needs adding
Madden Wii
NCAA 07
NBA Live 07
Tiger Woods 07
FIFA
NASCAR 07
Pro Evo Soccer (Winning Eleven) 6
Blitz 2* if it's there

Gentlemen, this is my work list for E3! If Madden Wii sucks you can be damned sure I will throw a perfect spiral with the controller, right into the toilet. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
undeserving Super Bowl Run...

CK, Never knew that Maynerd could get to you. Where have all the heroes gone????

Um, hated teams...

1. St. Louis (the fans of that team in the NFL thread royally pissed me off)

2. San Fran (gee, FMT, I think this one's FOR YOU. And Nameless)

3. Atlanta (motherfucking Vick...I don't like him in RL, and I hate the Vick spamming assholes on Madden)

4. A BONUS: Philly/Minnasota. Philly because of Owens/McNabb (blaaaaah) and Minni because of Crutch-inson (GET IT? Hutchinson ----> CRUTCHinson. I AM THE FUNNY.)

Rorschach

I'd also like to add that Eagles fans suck ass. I'm sure Wasabiking would agree if he was around.

Oh and that FMT is the only 49ers fan that doesn't suck. Although, he does get minus points for it.

1. FMT - packers
2. Hitokage - Eagles
3. wellington - seahawks
4. miguel - titans
5. archaix - ravens
6. dmczaf - panthers
7. mrbob - bills
8. matrix - cowboys
9. coldblooded - raiders
10. rors - broncos
11. bird - redskins
12. lonestar - rams
--------

anyone else want in? im going to start the games soon (within the next 12-18 hours!)

Mrbob

Well it is the Packers first and foremost (as always), so if you want to flip a coin for them we can! However the Bills shot up the charts now that elevator music headphone boy is back as a head coach!

problem is if i dont pick the packers then it causes a domino effect of people switching teams, since next would be the cowboys who someone already has, etc.

Lonestar

When does the tourny start?

All I know is, there better not be any BALLS thrown, or I will EXPLODE ON THE SCENE.
mr_t_blue.jpg

RECOGNIZE, FOOLS!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
When does the tourny start?

All I know is, there better not be any BALLS thrown, or I will EXPLODE ON THE SCENE.
mr_t_blue.jpg

RECOGNIZE, FOOLS!

:lol :lol

tournament wont happen until after e3. between parts of the board being shut down, people being busy, and people not being home b/c of e3, it has to take place in a week. thats it! thats my rule!

p.s. madden awards almost done. here is a sneak peak of the main "page" for the awards (each trophy links to a section of awards) http://www.49ers-age.com/leagues/index.php

Matrix

I hope I win some award for being the biggest loser who kept a smile on his face,I also finally went a full season of Madden without drama :D

Lonestar

I hope I win a "Biggest Patsy" or "Most likely to be given a "I bought Madden PS2 and all I got were these stinking tournaments" shirt."

CB3

are we eventually gonna do a tournament with the created draft picks? I cant wait to play with my god-like o-line/d-line

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tournament wont happen until after e3. between parts of the board being shut down, people being busy, and people not being home b/c of e3, it has to take place in a week. thats it! thats my rule!

p.s. madden awards almost done. here is a sneak peak of the main "page" for the awards (each trophy links to a section of awards) http://www.49ers-age.com/leagues/index.php

Its after E3 FMT! Lets do dis!

in due time! not everyone is even back!

p.s. i figured out we CAN'T do a tournament with custom rosters for the following reason: i can't create whatever matchup i want whenever i want. so lets say i create the tournament, and in round 1 the cardinals play the rams. fine, very easy cause in a franchise the cards would play the rams. then lets say the cards win, and their next opponent is the patriots. the cardinals dont play the patriots in season so how would i get that matchup into my EA Locker with the correct rosters? the only way we could do updated rosters is to not only do a full season, but a 32 man full season (could be easily accomplished by having everyone take 2 teams) and i don't think that can happen

1. FMT - packers
2. Hitokage - Eagles
3. wellington - seahawks
4. miguel - titans
5. archaix - ravens
6. dmczaf - panthers
7. mrbob - bills
8. matrix - cowboys
9. coldblooded - raiders
10. rors - broncos
11. bird - redskins
12. lonestar - rams
-----------------------

that is our lineup. i am going to draw the matchups/byes within the next 5 minutes. i will post then. cross your fingers... LADIES!

BYES (you don't have to play yet!)

1. Carolina
2. Seattle
3. St. Louis
4. Green Bay
--------------

Matchups:

1. Buffalo @ Baltimore (Winner Plays Carolina)
2. Philadelphia @ Dallas (winner plays Seattle)
3. Tennessee @ Denver (Winner plays St. Louis)
4. Oakland @ Washington (LOL!!!! Winner plays Green Bay)

-----------

Again, ladies, i swear on everything that is holy that all i did was simply write the names of the teams down on paper, put them into nice little squares, and pick one by one. the first 4 i drew were going to be bye-teams. Then i drew the next 8 with the first team being away, the next team being the home team. So don't complain to me that I got a bye week or you have to play so and so. man up and play! Tournament starts now!

Past Tournament Winners:

I. Andokuky (Denver Broncos def. Tampa Bay 24-17)

Miguel

Of course, I would face Rors in the first round, not to mention FMT gets a first round bye! (You can't fool me!)

You're afraid of the Messispic powah!

Edit: 4. Oakland @ Washington

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

CB3

Miguel said:
Edit: 4. Oakland @ Washington

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

You Gotta be Shitting Me :lol :lol :lol There is no way this ISNT Fixed :lol

Ah well, gotta man up.

BirdShit, lets put our differences aside for one game and get this done

Edit: This was because i talked bad about Alex Smith in Uno and Moto Gp the other night, isnt it!

Andokuky

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
You Gotta be Shitting Me :lol :lol :lol There is no way this ISNT Fixed :lol

Ah well, gotta man up.

BirdShit, lets put our differences aside for one game and get this done

Edit: This was because i talked bad about Alex Smith in Uno and Moto Gp the other night, isnt it!

When do you want to play?

Edit: Skins

Matrix

Hitokage said:
I can play between 11am and 2pm EDT... and maybe sometime tomorrow.

Hito,I can play at 11 if you want.

Matrix

Ok im going on.

You're going to win anyway,bad connection or not :lol

Matrix

GG Hito,turnover city :eek:

Ughh losing 13-10 sucks :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
:lol That was a SHAMEFUL game.

11 turnovers, me getting picked off 5 times, matrix 4, both sides with a fumble.

Top Bottom