• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS2 Madden Tournament II: The Enemy Within

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hitokage said:
:lol That was a SHAMEFUL game.

11 turnovers, me getting picked off 5 times, matrix 4, both sides with a fumble.

:lol

I'm blaming my turnovers on the fact I havent played in awhile :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Andokuky said:
When do you want to play?

Edit: Skins

Being Mothers Day today i dont know when im gonna be around. I should be able to play in the next 2 hours or so if your around. if not, maybe later on tonight

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Barely edged out Hito. His receiver dropped a pass in the endzone from five yards out that would have tied it at 24-24.

Man, the blocking for Seattle is nuts. Even against the Eagles D SA had 220 yards (thanks in large part to a 94 yard TD run and 29 other carries).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know, it really dampens the "use the team you hate most" effect when you use one of your favored team's playbooks. :p

Cosmetics ftw.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hitokage said:
You know, it really dampens the "use the team you hate most" effect when you use one of your favored team's playbooks. :p

It was the Chiefs playbook!

Just think, a better left side of the OLine, better receivers, but a crappier TE. FTW.

It was my D that killed you anyway. ;)

CB3

Wellington said:
Barely edged out Hito. His receiver dropped a pass in the endzone from five yards out that would have tied it at 24-24.

Man, the blocking for Seattle is nuts. Even against the Eagles D SA had 220 yards (thanks in large part to a 94 yard TD run and 29 other carries).

I know all about receivers dropping easy passes to tie/win games. Gah!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:
It was my D that killed you anyway. ;)
Yeah, just keep thinking that. In the end only my offense prevents my offense from getting points... because it sucks. :/

I know all about receivers dropping easy passes to tie/win games. Gah!
And it happened multiple times too! :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You act as if Jerraaarrraamy Stevens didn't have his fair share of drops! They must have lowered his catch rating after the super bowl!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:
You act as if Jerraaarrraamy Stevens didn't have his fair share of drops! They must have lowered his catch rating after the super bowl!
Haha, Stevens definitely had the more miserable drops... serves you right for using the Chiefs playbook. :p

Although that one drop on third down in the endzone was forced, and I was smiling because that was a jump pass and those are supposedly indefensible! :D

BirdBomb

Banned
CB, i can play after the miami game i think, or if ando doesn't care, now. if you can't go either of those times, i can play tonight after around...9cnt. Hit me on AIM and let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hitokage said:
Haha, Stevens definitely had the more miserable drops... serves you right for using the Chiefs playbook. :p

Although that one drop on third down in the endzone was forced, and I was smiling because that was a jump pass and those are supposedly indefensible! :D

that's how you managed to drive downfield compadre. :D

BirdBomb

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
with portis on defense? you do realize that is the last straw right? good day

If somehow it was brought that i "cheesed" by having an offensive player on D, then that is horse shit. First of all, you can't sub O players in on D, 2nd of all, 2 of my DB's were injured for the game, FORCING the O players in, and they were only in when my other DBs were tired. It put portis in on times, and my damn TE in at DB at times. Not my fault.

The fact that you yall played, not even speaking to me about it is pure bullshit crap. "good day"

CB3

Db's rarely ever get tired and have to go to the bench in the game, so thats pretty much bs, especially since portis was in the ALOT, including first downs. And im pretty sure your extra safety's would take over at CB before offensive players

Second, even disregarding that, fake punt on your first drive, and almost 2 punt blocks? not including passing with about 2 minutes left when i was running the clock down]

Double Edit: and we didnt talk to you about it because its about the first complaint against you, not even counting me. That and you tend not to listen anyway

BirdBomb

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Db's rarely ever get tired and have to go to the bench in the game, so thats pretty much bs, especially since portis was in the ALOT, including first downs. And im pretty sure your extra safety's would take over at CB before offensive players

Second, even disregarding that, fake punt on your first drive, and almost 2 punt blocks? not including passing with about 2 minutes left when i was running the clock down

You're an crybaby moron dude. my 1st defensive play, Bowen out for game with concussion. a few drives later, my rookie 80 CB out for game. You passed the ball 90% of the time, most of the time in no huddle, yes. my DB's got tired.

Yeah, i fake punted my 1st drive, it caught you off guard, why not do it? i did it on FMT in the season and heard no complaints. and yes, i blocked a punt, you saw me come out in PB, change your fucking protection you prick. DOn't go crying like a little 5 year old to FMT bc you got stomped by 21 pts.

CB3

BirdBomb said:
You're an crybaby moron dude. my 1st defensive play, Bowen out for game with concussion. a few drives later, my rookie 80 CB out for game. You passed the ball 90% of the time, most of the time in no huddle, yes. my DB's got tired.

Yeah, i fake punted my 1st drive, it caught you off guard, why not do it? i did it on FMT in the season and heard no complaints. and yes, i blocked a punt, you saw me come out in PB, change your fucking protection you prick. DOn't go crying like a little 5 year old to FMT bc you got stomped by 21 pts.

I know i injured one of your DB's, but the other (carlos rogers) was right back in the game with a will return soon. i remember that specifically because you were switching back and forth between him on punt blocks.

About the no-huddle, i ran that MAYBE twice, and it was at the end of the 3rd, after i saw portis in there.

Why not fake punt? because you dont see teams doing that. considering you did it to me in both games, id say you do it pretty ofter. SIM league.

Why didnt i change protection? sorry, i dont have punt protect in my list of audibles to do that. but thats besides the point, seeing as you almost blocked 2 punts, when that almost never (EVER) happens

BirdBomb

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
I know i injured one of your DB's, but the other (carlos rogers) was right back in the game with a will return soon. i remember that specifically because you were switching back and forth between him on punt blocks.

About the no-huddle, i ran that MAYBE twice, and it was at the end of the 3rd, after i saw portis in there.

Why not fake punt? because you dont see teams doing that. considering you did it to me in both games, id say you do it pretty ofter. SIM league.

Why didnt i change protection? sorry, i dont have punt protect in my list of audibles to do that. but thats besides the point, seeing as you almost blocked 2 punts, when that almost never (EVER) happens

dude, ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO SUB FUCKING OFFENSIVE PLAYERS IN A DB. Not to my knowledge atleast.

What advantage could i possibly get from subbing a RUNNING BACK, and TIGHT END on defense? especially at the DB position.

No, i don't punt block often. i did it once because you didn't convert your defense, and another time because you were on the ONE yard line. ANYONE in this league would do that. i see that all the time in the NFL.

BirdBomb

Banned
Double Edit: and we didnt talk to you about it because its about the first complaint against you, not even counting me. That and you tend not to listen anyway

And to that, i've never ONCE been talked to about how i play madden. I've never heard any complaints outside of you. We went through this last time i killed you. Accept a loss.

yep i did jump the gun :(

i'll have to check out the subbing options. understand that i was preparing for some type of bullshit between you two, so unfortunately i jumped to action. we'll see. if i am wrong then i apologize :D if not then my ruling stands

BirdBomb

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yep i did jump the gun :(

i'll have to check out the subbing options. understand that i was preparing for some type of bullshit between you two, so unfortunately i jumped to action. we'll see. if i am wrong then i apologize :D if not then my ruling stands

That's fine. But im still waiting for some sort of explination on how i can get an advantage from having Portis, or Royals in at DB? In fact, it screwed me over bc it but Betts in at RB for the whole 3rd qtr.

Was it even brought up Royals was in also? I understand your anticipation of an argument, but i do have to say...

CB, you're pathetic. It;s easy to say "ooh! he had portis in on D" and leave out "well, he also had his slow ass TE in too." P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

CB3

BirdBomb said:
dude, ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO SUB FUCKING OFFENSIVE PLAYERS IN A DB. Not to my knowledge atleast.

What advantage could i possibly get from subbing a RUNNING BACK, and TIGHT END on defense? especially at the DB position.

No, i don't punt block often. i did it once because you didn't convert your defense, and another time because you were on the ONE yard line. ANYONE in this league would do that. i see that all the time in the NFL.

Yeah you do punt block often, since you did it to me in our last game.

And to that, i've never ONCE been talked to about how i play madden. I've never heard any complaints outside of you. We went through this last time i killed you. Accept a loss.

Thats because people hate talking to you about anything. Again, other people hear "may" not admit to it, but they do. I would never call out anyone on it either, because i can see why they would not want to get involved.

And as i thought about it more, i know you fake punt alot. you did it twice in our falcons game. I remember i stopped you the first time you did it, which set up me intercepting you on the second time you did it because i was waiting for it

That's fine. But im still waiting for some sort of explination on how i can get an advantage from having Portis

besides the fact he has 96 speed....

I didnt see royal in there at all, else i would have called you out on that also

I honestly doubt it would sub in an offensive player when you have about 4 safety's who would fill that position. If my WR's are tired and/or injured they are not gonna go and put charles woodson in at WR, they'll go through TE's, RB's, FB's before it got to that. im sure that works the other way also.

And you still didnt address yourself on running up the score

Edit: the other thing i was gonna say was that on your punt blocks, its not like its the cpu blocking me, its you coming off the edge manually and outrunning my blockers. Isnt that just like rushing the passer on defense? its almost the exact same thing, as your putting the blockers at a disadvantage. its even worse because its not like i can move my punter out of the way or make him kick faster like i could in the other situation on offense

BirdBomb

Banned
i didn't run up the score. i was up what, 35-21 with a few minutes left? yeah, i scored a TD. icing on the cake. i threw i THINK 1 pass with under a minute left, which was on a 3rd down over the middle which was fumbled. running up the score? i think not. you crying? i think so.

CB3

BirdBomb said:
i didn't run up the score. i was up what, 35-21 with a few minutes left? yeah, i scored a TD. icing on the cake. i threw i THINK 1 pass with under a minute left, which was on a 3rd down over the middle which was fumbled. running up the score? i think not. you crying? i think so.

Actually, you were throwing with above two minutes left also. and you threw more than 1 time after the 2 minute mark, because i remember that wide open pass to moss that was overthrown before your long ass bomb to him after that to score the TD. after i already ran the clock. running up the score.

Edit: :lol :lol and what is this 21 points bs? if i did make it to that score, it was after you hit 41 because the last time i was actually paying attenting was when it was 41-14. Get your lying ass outta here

Rorschach

BirdBomb said:
:lol Icing on the cake...you just described EXACTLY what running up the score is...

PS: offensive players sometimes get substituted for defensive players when you auto-reorder and run a defensive scheme with more people in the secondary. I know BB likes to run Quarter a lot, so if he auto-reordered, it could have done it automatically for him without him doing it manually. Portis wouldn't be primary or secondary CB, though. I know whenever I auto-reordered for speed's sake, it would put Gabriel in on D when my defense was tired and I ran a passing D.

BirdBomb

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Actually, you were throwing with above two minutes left also. and you threw more than 1 time after the 2 minute mark, because i remember that wide open pass to moss that was overthrown before your long ass bomb to him after that to score the TD. after i already ran the clock. running up the score.

Edit: :lol :lol and what is this 21 points bs? if i did make it to that score, it was after you hit 41 because the last time i was actually paying attenting was when it was 41-14. Get your lying ass outta here

lmao. Accept the loss guy. the score was 42-21, it's just vintage cb crying because he got worked in a game. i beat you with the falcons, and i "cheese DB blitzed". I beat you with Redskins, i "cheese sub'd my RB and TE on defense" lol...what's next? I think i'll catch a TD pass with my kicker, and you'll kill yourself over it.

BirdBomb

Banned
Nah rors, to me atleast, running up the score is like what i did against dm when he gave up. Here, im playing the raiders, a few passes to moss and the game is tied. And i was running quarter defense. with 2 DBs injured, that puts what, 5 DB, and 2 safetys in on the play? with no huddle, and a few getting tired, that would put portis and royals in.

BirdBomb

Banned
well im going to bed. FMT, i dont think the ruling has a chance of standing, so can u play tomorrow around 2:30cnt?

Andokuky

Banned
In the first PS2 season one game I think I lost Bailey and Lynch and I had Bell, Smith and Putzier lining up at SAFETY. Yes, Jeb Putzier at safety. OMG cheese!

I didn't watch all of the game but he did call me over to look when he noticed Portis was in on defense and yea, it was only for a few plays and only when he was in quarter. His TE, Royals I think, was also in the game too from time to time. I don't see the point even if it were possible to sub them in why it would be done because you're just going to get burned. I watched the game from that point on and the final score was 42-21 and who cares if he passed with 2 minutes left in the game? You can't pit two people who have obvious beef with each other up in round 1 and expect nothing to happen. As for the rest of the whining, what is wrong with blocking punts? And last tournament one of my opponents when for it on 4th down multiple times not even across their own 35-40 and I didn't say shit. What kind of crap is just DQ someone with no discussion whatsoever and taking the word of someone obviously biased? Glad I got out of this BS when I did :lol Shit I thought it was common knowledge you can't manually sub these types of things and why the hell would he put Royals in anyways? Should have given you a red flag in your head unless ColdBlooded simply left that part out. (suprise suprise)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I win over mig 41-7...:(

Bell 213 yards 2 tds
Joke Plummer 251 yards 3 tds no ints

Steve McNair 164 yards 1 td 3 ints

Pfft, as mentioned above SA had 220 yards and 2 TDs.

SA tourney MVP.

....wait what am I saying.

*Barfs*

CB3

BirdBomb said:
lmao. Accept the loss guy. the score was 42-21, it's just vintage cb crying because he got worked in a game. i beat you with the falcons, and i "cheese DB blitzed". I beat you with Redskins, i "cheese sub'd my RB and TE on defense" lol...what's next? I think i'll catch a TD pass with my kicker, and you'll kill yourself over it.

Maybe so, but i know for a fact that it was 42-14 FIRST. Seriously, if it was 35-14, i would have still been gunning it, rather than running the clock

BirdBomb

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Maybe so, but i know for a fact that it was 42-14 FIRST. Seriously, if it was 35-14, i would have still been gunning it, rather than running the clock

ok? you were running the clock...wow. In both season 1 and 2, my opponents ran the clock and busted a few runs on me. bad D on my part. I was stilkl coming out in quarter at that point. Im going to protect me lead, especially against you.

Again. heres the facts.

1-You cried because you lost.
2-You lied and left out important info to get your way.
3-You've cried BOTH times i've beated you, both with no valid argument
4-You were too scared to say "lets talk to him about it before we play" because you knew you were lieing out of your ass.
5- :( i have to play FMT now...and he has my number....
6-You're pathetic.
7-I hope we meet in the next tourney so i can completely rape you again, and see what nonsense you come up with to girlscout your way out of a loss.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB: "You cheese!"
BB: "Stupid ass!"
CB : " Back up off me bitch,you cheese and everyone knows it"
BB : " Your momma and I aint no cheater!"
CB: "Your brother!"
Fighting.gif

Ando: " Yea I watched some of the game,my bro did nothing wrong"

rinse and repeat said drama...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
I win over mig 41-7...:(

Bell 213 yards 2 tds
Joke Plummer 251 yards 3 tds no ints

Steve McNair 164 yards 1 td 3 ints

SWEET, Lone vs. Rorsch rematch. We've gotta out do COoooldblooded and Birdo!

I'm subbing Mike Martz in at Tailback!

Miguel

Let me just say that the Titans safeties are the trashiest trash that ever existed. They have the verticals of an elephant, and have butter fingers.

Matrix

Miguel said:
Let me just say that the Titans safeties are the trashiest trash that ever existed. They have the verticals of an elephant, and have butter fingers.

:lol

CB3

Matrix said:
CB: "You cheese!"
BB: "Stupid ass!"
CB : " Back up off me bitch,you cheese and everyone knows it"
BB : " Your momma and I aint no cheater!"
CB: "Your brother!"
Fighting.gif

Ando: " Yea I watched some of the game,my bro did nothing wrong"

rinse and repeat said drama...