• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS2 Madden Tournament II: The Enemy Within

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Everyone has a nickname in Sports GAF. Especially Rorschalamadingo.
...but there is only one Lonestar

rev_splash_01.jpg

Wellington said:
Pfft, as mentioned above SA had 220 yards and 2 TDs.

SA tourney MVP.

....wait what am I saying.

*Barfs*
Yeah...I know, it's bittersweet. On the one hand, you're doing well, and on the other so is this shit team.

Btw- playing in this tourney broke my "never play with Denver" streak I had going :( I even missed out on the "play with every team" trophie because of that 1 team...I am ashamed :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
THE CUBS WIN, THE CUBS WIN

Um, I had 5 turnovers, but came back and won 35-31 in a Thriller.

Lonestar

Marshall Old Man Fart, 20 carries 161 yards and 2 TDs

Boldger: 9 of 25, 2 TD's 2 INTS 267 yards

Torry The Alien Holt: 4 catches 170 yards

Issics Brooooce: 1 magic Bullet reception

1st quarter: 21-7 Rorsch

2nd quarter: 21-14 Rorsch

3rd Quarter 28-21 Rorsch

4th quarter: 31-21, then 2 TD's by THE RUBES (with the game winning score with 31 seconds left), final 35-31

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Marshall Old Man Fart, 20 carries 161 yards and 2 TDs

Boldger: 9 of 25, 2 TD's 2 INTS 267 yards

Torry The Alien Holt: 4 catches 170 yards

Issics Brooooce: 1 magic Bullet reception

1st quarter: 21-7 Rorsch

2nd quarter: 21-14 Rorsch

3rd Quarter 28-21 Rorsch

4th quarter: 31-21, then 2 TD's by THE RUBES (with the game winning score with 31 seconds left), final 35-31
Those last two catches were insanely stupid. Some retarded Nocalls, you playing dime/quarter/3-3-5 all game and I still couldn't run 2 feet...I hate you! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

...PS: Jake's arm is made of spaghetti!

PPS: Chump Bailey is Holt's bitch even double and tripple covered

But yeah, those last receptions...rotf there weren't even any animations...bruce just teleported and the pass got there between 3 defenders. :lol

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Those last two catches were insanely stupid. Some retarded Nocalls, you playing dime/quarter/3-3-5 all game and I still couldn't run 2 feet...I hate you! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

...PS: Jake's arm is made of spaghetti!

PPS: Chump Bailey is Holt's bitch even double and tripple covered

But yeah, those last receptions...rotf there weren't even any animations...bruce just teleported and the pass got there between 3 defenders. :lol

Hence the Magic Bullet Theory. That was Bruce's catch into the endzone, even I'm baffled...

Lonestar

Can't Seattle and GB switch places??? Not to say I don't want to play against you FMT, but I might not get a chance to play against my former team, used by My Madden Mentor ;)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lonestar said:
Can't Seattle and GB switch places??? Not to say I don't want to play against you FMT, but I might not get a chance to play against my former team, used by My Madden Mentor ;)
Don't bother, Wellington is chickening out from actually USING the Seahawks. ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Madden mentor? Wooohahaha, you guys are funny. We can play a game anytime. Hitokage is crying because I use another team's playbook instead of the Seahawks. I can use the Seattle offense if you want, I don't think it'll make a difference. My running game has been solid regardless of whatever team or playbook I use. So nyah!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
HOW DID I LOSE MY MATCH WITHOUT PLAYING.

CONSPIRACY AGAIN.

Bog jr.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh crap my bad bob! i thought archaix beat you already. sorry archaix, you'll have to beat flake of the year MrBob first :D

I call shenanigans!

Okay, then, we're back to this game. Bobbert! When ready?!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's done! In the ugliest, most drawn out, horribly played, everlasting game of all time, the Ravens beat the Bills by 7. Jamal Lewis, after being shot on the previous play, locked it up with a run for a first down inside two minutes, set up by Chris McAlister becoming the fourth Baltimore defensive back with an interception.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9444769

Everyone read this story. I find it funny that I had been running more two TE sets as the Chiefs last season to great effect, this is probably why. Sucks that with the GMen I only have one solid TE. ;)

Then again, with how powerful both TEs and high passes are in the game, it'd really suck to go against someone just looking to take advantage. In reality though, the two TE set gives you a competent blocker (not a guarantee with a WR) and a competent receiver (not a guarantee with a fullback).

One of you dudes used this to great effect, I can't remember if it was Cold or Lone. One of you bird lovers.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I was talking to cold about this yesterday; I would be in on a 16 game league in which you have to use a different team every week elimination style. So say I choose the Giants in week 1, I have to use any of the other 31 teams in week 2, then any of the other 30 in week 3, etc. We could eliminate certain retardedly powerful teams and we could go from there.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
I was talking to cold about this yesterday; I would be in on a 16 game league in which you have to use a different team every week elimination style. So say I choose the Giants in week 1, I have to use any of the other 31 teams in week 2, then any of the other 30 in week 3, etc. We could eliminate certain retardedly powerful teams and we could go from there.

I agree with this post

(BTW i met reggie bush today. BOOYA BITCHES! BEAT THAT!)

Lonestar

Ok, just let me know of a time. Soprano's comes on at 9 pm, that's about all I planned to do today.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Looks like I am going to advance, but it's with two BS plays.

First, DM punts, my stupid defenders get near the ball and it hits one of them in the leg, so now it's a live ball. Babineaux picks it up and returns it for a TD since everyone was focusing on picking up the ball.

Second, 3rd and about 7 or so and it's about 14 yards from my endzone. I saw Jerramy Stevens in one on one coverage but that's after I was already running for my life. I just throw it and it was a high pass. :( TD. :(

14-10 win, tainted game. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:
Second, 3rd and about 7 or so and it's about 14 yards from my endzone. I saw Jerramy Stevens in one on one coverage but that's after I was already running for my life. I just throw it and it was a high pass. :( TD. :(
Know what I think? I think you're out of your fucking mind. ;)

Andokuky

Banned
I have a franchise in my locker with updated rosters from FA and the draft if anyone wants it. It's in the second season, I guess they simmed a season and got the draft rosters by editing the draft. Rosters are pretty accurate though the rookie numbers seem way inflated imho.

Reggie Bush - 94 OVR (97 speed, 98 AGI, 94 ACC, 91 CTH)
VD - 91 OVR (plus Johnson 88, two TE jump ball hell for Niner users omg)
Young - 86 OVR (though looking at his attributes, he has decent power, shit accuracy, 80 AWR and 81 speed)
Mario - 84 OVR
DBrick - 82 OVR
Leinart - 84 OVR
Jay Jesus Cutler - 82 OVR

Anyone else have a roster or franchise in their locker?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
I have a franchise in my locker with updated rosters from FA and the draft if anyone wants it. It's in the second season, I guess they simmed a season and got the draft rosters by editing the draft. Rosters are pretty accurate though the rookie numbers seem way inflated imho.

Reggie Bush - 94 OVR (97 speed, 98 AGI, 94 ACC, 91 CTH)
VD - 91 OVR (plus Johnson 88, two TE jump ball hell for Niner users omg)
Young - 86 OVR (though looking at his attributes, he has decent power, shit accuracy, 80 AWR and 81 speed)
Mario - 84 OVR
DBrick - 82 OVR
Leinart - 84 OVR
Jay Jesus Cutler - 82 OVR

Anyone else have a roster or franchise in their locker?

Oh, I'd love to steal that from you if at all possible. I sat down to edit the rosters last night but got distracted.

BirdBomb

Banned
Wellington said:
Oh, I'd love to steal that from you if at all possible. I sat down to edit the rosters last night but got distracted.

You can't edit the rosters. It makes the game freeze whenever you try to start a franchise...stupid crap.

We should make the next tourney a new roster one. I think the franchise is saved b4 preseason starts, so 1 person can just select the 2 teams playing and export the game to thier locker, then the 2 opponents can spawn it up...W00T

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Cool, I am the self proclaimed champ then.

Won the last tourney and league. FTW.

Psh, You Know i can take you down any day of the week big boy :)

Top Bottom