• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Islamic Thread

AmMortal

Banned
Mad Hatter said:
Hehehe, this thread reminded me of this scene (13th warrior)
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: I can taste neither the fermentation of grape nor of wheat.
Herger the Joyous: [laughs] Honey...It's made from honey!

Actually, now that I think about it, is drinking mead okay?

If it can alter your mindstate then no. ;)

Fuzzery

Ydahs said:
Some might want to follow Islam how people around them are following it (families, friends, etc.) but others might want to follow it by reading the scriptures on their own, like warrior300.

I believe that the majority of what people believe Islam to be doesn't necessarily mean that it's Islam, because it might be wrong and against the teachings of Islam.
It might be "wrong" in your opinion, but in their opinion, it's not. Since you are out-represented by a majority, their interpretation is obviously going to count for more, if you get what I mean.

Fuzzery

Warrior300 said:
I don't know where you got the Idea that Islam is "Middle eastern" only 19% of all muslims are arab.

Secondly, hmm. I just showed you how people take the Qur'an out of context such as Bin Laden, yet you seem to just skip that whole post.

Care to show me anyone of these muslims on GAF?
Sure, some extremists may take the Qur'an out of context (in your opinion, and the opinion of most Muslims around the world). This has little to do with my point.

If MANY people believe in one interpretation, and they think that it is PERFECTLY in context, (and can support it), that's a completely different scenario. Many people believe sharia law is supported by Islam. I find sharia law inhumane. Thus, I take offense to their version of Islam in that respect (which many many people happen to believe in).

You should know that the middle east consists of more than arabs.

Hadji for example thinks that all the imams should be taken very seriously and literally as well.

AmMortal

Banned
Fuzzery said:
It might be "wrong" in your opinion, but in their opinion, it's not. Since you are out-represented by a majority, their interpretation is obviously going to count for more, if you get what I mean.

Please understand that "muslims" these days are people without knowledge of either history or any self acclaimation, they don't know anything besides the fact that they can't eat pork.

As a Muslim, Allah commands you to learn and only follow His path when you have a logic as to why you do it, don't follow it in blind faith.

The words used in the Qur'an are of sophisticate meanings pointing towards what science is doing today, at the same time it focuses on the Spiritual side of life while showing you the correct way to build a society.

The Muslims of these days are prophecised:

The Prophet peace be upon him said: 'The nations shall gather and team up against you (i.e., Muslims) as the predators gather and team up against their preys.

A questioner asked: 'Is it because of us being low in numbers at that day?'

The Prophet replied: 'No, you that day shall be in great numbers, but you will be as powerless as the foam of the water on the surface of the river, and Allah shall remove any fear from your enemies toward you, and He shall put in your hearts a corruption.'

A questioner asked: 'O Apostle of Allah, what is the corruption?'

The Prophet replied: 'The love of life's amusements and the fear of death.'

Ydahs

Fuzzery said:
Well, if you can disprove they are wrong and you are correct through scriptures, there's nothing wrong with that. You just need to then inform them.

If they still choose to ignore your ways even though they now have solid proof that their way is incorrect, then they're in the wrong.

I'm just saying you're supposed to believe in what you see correct, not what the major opinion is.
Though normally the major opinions are correct, as they're being interpreted by imams and sheiks and their interpretations are normally based on the scriptures!

(This discussion really derailed the thread...)

Fuzzery

Warrior300 said:
Please understand that "muslims" these days are people without knowledge of either history or any self acclaimation, they don't know anything besides the fact that they can't eat pork.

As a Muslim, Allah commands you to learn and only follow His path when you have a logic as to why you do it, don't follow it in blind faith.
Don't be so arrogant. You think you're the only one who knows anything about what Islam actually is(not that it's really anything but opinions), and that the majority is just going through the motions in blind faith?

Warrior300 said:
The words used in the Qur'an are of sophisticate meanings pointing towards what science is doing today, at the same time it focuses on the Spiritual side of life while showing you the correct way to build a society.

The Prophet peace be upon him said: 'The nations shall gather and team up against you (i.e., Muslims) as the predators gather and team up against their preys.

The Prophet replied: 'No, you that day shall be in great numbers, but you will be as powerless as the foam of the water on the surface of the river, and Allah shall remove any fear from your enemies toward you, and He shall put in your hearts a corruption.'

Do you like video games? Isn't that corruption?

Ydahs said:
Well, if you can disprove they are wrong and you are correct through scriptures, there's nothing wrong with that. You just need to then inform them.

If they still choose to ignore your ways even though they now have solid proof that their way is incorrect, then they're in the wrong.

I'm just saying you're supposed to believe in what you see correct, not what the major opinion is.
Though normally the major opinions are correct, as they're being interpreted by imams and sheiks and their interpretations are normally based on the scriptures!

(This discussion really derailed the thread...)
Can you prove Sharia law wrong by scripture? Prove it to the leaders of the middle east!

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Warrior300, I remember there were some muslims cab drivers in Minnesota that would not allow passengers with dogs into their cabs, can you explain why please because I forgot.

AmMortal

Banned
Fuzzery said:
Don't be so arrogant. You think you're the only one who knows anything about what Islam actually is, and that the majority is just going through the motions in blind faith?

I never said I was the only one, I said that there is the majority these days that don't know a lot of their religion, heck i didn't know anything until 3 years ago my life changed, its really strange what happened to me, I can tell you guys if you want to.

There is nothing wrong with pure entertainment, what are you Fox?

AmMortal

Banned
Gig said:
Warrior300, I remember there were some muslims cab drivers in Minnesota that would not allow passengers with dogs into their cabs, can you explain why please because I forgot.

Sure, You see
In Islam,Dogs can only be kept for reason such as guarding or herding or inspecting etc.

having them for no reason is not allowed in Islam.

Animals can be your ticket to heaven or hell.

The guy prolly didn't want the dog in their because he was scared ;)

The prophet said:
There was a prostitute who once saw a thirsty dog and gave it water with her shoe, for that alone Allah forgave her and admitted her to Paradise.

Another one:
The Prophet said:
A woman kept a cat in a cage and starved it to death because she didn't take care of it, because of that Allah put her in Hell.

Because animal cruelty has no place in Islam.

Amir0x

Banned
Here's a question, Warrior300.

Can a legitimate reason for keeping a dog be "personal companionship"; aka family pet who loves and adores its owners and receives that love in return?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I can't fucking believe you created this thread, Warrior. Your intentions may have been good, but you're damn naive. Did you actually expect intelligent discourse? People don't respond well to this stuff.

Fuzzery

Warrior300 said:
I never said I was the only one, I said that there is the majority these days that don't know a lot of their religion, heck i didn't know anything until 3 years ago my life changed, its really strange what happened to me, I can tell you guys if you want to.

There is nothing wrong with pure entertainment, what are you Fox?
What? The prophet clearly says a love of amusement and fear of death is corruption. To want pure entertainment is to love amusement. Aren't you interpreting the Qur'an to your own benefit? Here's your own quote:

You're already corrupted by your own standards.

NotWii

Banned
Didn't Prophet Mohammad have a cat?

And didn't he say he'd rather give up his cape as a cat bed than wake up a sleeping cat?

EDIT: Ah, he LOVED cats!
+100 Islam

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
What does the Quran say about the environment and its preservation?

AmMortal

Banned
Amir0x said:
Here's a question, Warrior300.

Can a legitimate reason for keeping a dog be "personal companionship"; aka family pet who loves and adores its owners and receives that love in return?

hmm. tough one, if I were to find a dog and no one cared for it I would give it shelter and food. But that is because no one can care for it.. so it would be allowed.

But buying one... I can't just say... you need to have a reason for it, you see when you are a muslim you are expected to pray 5 times a day and so keep yourself, clothes and are where you pray clean.

Dogs don't know (as far as I can think of) what kind of uncleanliness they can carry at times, in Islam cleanliness is half of faith. As you are expected to converse with Allah 5 times a day, you can't afford to be unclean.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
shaft said:
Pigs are the filthiest animals. In History pigs carried alot of diseases. (Now it's a little different, but the no pig rule still stands)

But...I love pork?

14b2i5k.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Warrior300 said:
hmm. tough one, if I were to find a dog and no one cared for it I would give it shelter and food. But that is because no one can care for it.. so it would be allowed.

But buying one... I can't just say... you need to have a reason for it, you see when you are a muslim you are expected to pray 5 times a day and so keep yourself, clothes and are where you pray clean.

Dogs don't know (as far as I can think of) what kind of uncleanliness they can carry at times, in Islam cleanliness is half of faith. As you are expected to converse with Allah 5 times a day, you can't afford to be unclean.

what if you merely kept the dog in a 'play area', so that the dog could not therefore infect your clothes and pray area and whatnot?

I know this is getting a little anal, but i think love of animals and a care for them is one of God's gifts to us (if there is a God), and that it would be odd to think he put animals on Earth for food and servitude only. Of course this belief stems from common observation, so it is not necessarily bound by religious texts.

Fuzzery

I actually have a friend who won't eat pork because it's "dirty" (parasites, etc..); he's not religious at all, but training to become a doctor.

AmMortal

Banned
Fuzzery said:
What? The prophet clearly says a love of amusement and fear of death is corruption. To want pure entertainment is to love amusement. Aren't you interpreting the Qur'an to your own benefit? Here's your own quote:

You're already corrupted by your own standards.

IF I were to only think about gaming 24/7 and not remember Allah when I am supposed to. Drinking once in a while or going clubbing,then I would be considered a non-muslim by my actions.

Ydahs

Fuzzery said:
Don't be so arrogant. You think you're the only one who knows anything about what Islam actually is(not that it's really anything but opinions), and that the majority is just going through the motions in blind faith?

If videogames remove you from your prayers and your religion then it is corruption. Overwise it's acceptable.

Can we change subject from the whole "majority of opinion" thing? No one's gonna change their mind and it's really derailing the thread.

AmMortal

Banned
Amir0x said:
what if you merely kept the dog in a 'play area', so that the dog could not therefore infect your clothes and pray area and whatnot?

I know this is getting a little anal, but i think love of animals and a care for them is one of God's gifts to us (if there is a God), and that it would be odd to think he put animals on Earth for food and servitude only. Of course this belief stems from common observation, so it is not necessarily bound by religious texts.

Keeping it in a different area, like outside or its own place would be alright I think. As Long as you keep it out, and clean.

AmMortal

Banned
Wii said:
Didn't Prophet Mohammad have a cat?

And didn't he say he'd rather give up his cape as a cat bed than wake up a sleeping cat?

EDIT: Ah, he LOVED cats!
+100 Islam

Cats are special in islam. Liek any other creature.

Ydahs

Fuzzery said:
Ugh, now I feel bad. I was just feeling really aggravated this morning, for some reason.

Holy shit! It's 2am over here. Time sure flies when you're on GAF.

I hope I made some sense Fuzzery. Have a good day. You too warrior300!

AmMortal

Banned
Im gonna eat dinner now, see you guys laterz

Hope the thread helped, drop a post here or PM me if you have urgent Questions

Futureman

I haven't read through this whole thread so maybe it's already been touched on, but what about all the violence in Islam? I seems to me that the Koran advocates a fair amount of violence. Now I guess you can interpret the Koran in different ways, or selectively pick out what you like and don't like (which in my view makes you quite un-Muslim), but why should we be living our lives by a book that is so ambiguous when it comes to violence?

Three questions:

1) What is this "true" Islam you're answering questions about, meaning how do you determine what "true" Islam is?
Is it what the Qur'an says? Is it what the Qur'an and some Hadith say? Is it what the Qur'an and all Hadith say? Or is it what the majority of Muslims worldwide believe that Islam is?

2) What does Islam say should be done to apostates (ex-Muslims)?

3) We all know that the Qur'an and Hadith have many things to say about how Christians and Jews should be seen and treated, but what about followers of non-Abrahamic religions, religions that are not "of the Book"?

Chrono

Banned
Warrior300 said:
Girls in the Islamic world, laugh at the western girls. How they are enslaved to the male desire and are somewhat forced to wear make-up 24/7 or that they have to wear tight clothes even in cold days. To event the extremes of physical alterations to show that they are "free".

:lol

Oh the irony. I love these posts. Islam isn't like their interpretation (you'd think a divine god that controls the universe would know how to keep his fucking message straight) , those 70/80 year old religious leaders that started studying islam since they were 7, no, it's mine, and all that ignorance and hate isn't 'true islam' and [insert another type of ignorance and hate].

Chrono said:

Oh the irony. I love these posts. Islam isn't like their interpretation (you'd think a divine god that controls the universe would know how to keep his fucking message straight) , those 70/80 year old religious leaders that started studying islam since they were 7, no, it's mine, and all that ignorance and hate isn't 'true islam' and [insert another type of ignorance and hate].

I agree. The irony is hilarious, but muslim women are among the hottest women in the world. FACT.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Islam came to stop all of that, Allah gave the women honour once more and the rights that they so truthfully deserve. The veil is a beautiful thing, it ensures that the woman should be noticed for her personality and kindness and not for any physical traits.

..but, those luscious lips and those beautiful eyes and...soft, milky skin

Chrono said:

i dunno what your laughing at besides your own stupidity. Hes right

Kapsama

I just skimmed the first post, and while I appreciate the effort as a Muslim myself, I have to point out that your post is very inflammatory and "challenging" if not outright insulting to Non-Muslims in some parts.

AmMortal

Banned
Futureman said:
I haven't read through this whole thread so maybe it's already been touched on, but what about all the violence in Islam? I seems to me that the Koran advocates a fair amount of violence. Now I guess you can interpret the Koran in different ways, or selectively pick out what you like and don't like (which in my view makes you quite un-Muslim), but why should we be living our lives by a book that is so ambiguous when it comes to violence?

Okay,this will be the longest post in GAF history :p

The Qur'an is less violent then the bible and Torah, the few verses that focus on self defense have been taken out of context by individual who thrive on bloodshed.
The only wars Muslims ever fought were the battle for freedom to practice their religion. I'm too tired to type it all again but here it is:

Deliberate actions are taken to take the Qur'an out of context .Have you ever read the verse that Osama Bin Laden uses to take up arms ? He starts reading them the verses:

002.190 Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, ( he-stops there and skips this )but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors.

002.191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

( he doesn't even mention this)
002.192 But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

he takes it OUT OF CONTEXT FOR HIS OWN GAIN.

These verses focused on self defense,Islam is the whole of it,not I take what I want and leave the rest.

PhlegmMaster said:
Three questions:

1) What is this "true" Islam you're answering questions about, meaning how do you determine what "true" Islam is?
Is it what the Qur'an says? Is it what the Qur'an and some Hadith say? Is it what the Qur'an and all Hadith say? Or is it what the majority of Muslims worldwide believe that Islam is?

3) We all know that the Qur'an and Hadith have many things to say about how Christians and Jews should be seen and treated, but what about followers of non-Abrahamic religions, religions that are not "of the Book"?

The true Islam can be found when taking the pure arabic Qur'an ( those words are very sophisticated) to its literal meaning, again what certain people do these days is take the qur'an and use it as an incentive to go to war, it has the power to capture your heart and mind.

"Do not kill yourselves as God has been to you very merciful" (4:29)

Then Suicide bombing is clearly UNISLAMIC!

They know that, but they use it to deceive people, I point you to the post above^^.

Qur'an
(2:256) There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing.

Anyone not Christian or Jewish is regarded disbeliever in Islam, polytheism was what Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all) came to combat. Allah Created everything and only asks for acknowledgement in return. Attributing partners to The One God would be to deny Him His God-hood, as such it would be diminishing His Power in some regard. Being a God means that there is no need for help or cooperation from anything or anyone and that you are Unique.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I agree. The irony is hilarious, but muslim women are among the hottest women in the world. FACT.

I agree to this fact.

Kapsama said:
I just skimmed the first post, and while I appreciate the effort as a Muslim myself, I have to point out that your post is very inflammatory and "challenging" if not outright insulting to Non-Muslims in some parts.

Thank you for your post,

The OP was intended to be the most non-flammatory and most moderate approach I have ever written, care to tell me what was inflammatory about it?

Gig said:
What does the Quran say about the environment and its preservation?

Islam opposes doing harm to the environment this verse points to pollution:

Qur'an:
"Corruption has appeared throughout the land and sea by (reason of) what the hands of people have earned, so He (i.e. Allaah) may let them taste part of (the consequences of) what they have done that perhaps they will return (to righteousness).”[Quran 30:41]

Amir0x

Banned
Warrior300 said:
002.191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

( he doesn't even mention this)
002.192 But if they cease, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

he takes it OUT OF CONTEXT FOR HIS OWN GAIN.

These verses focused on self defense,Islam is the whole of it,not I take what I want and leave the rest.

Ok here's a question on this subject then. What constitutes suppression of Islamic faith? Could it not be seen by some (rightly) that any expansion of Christian values or Jewish values is "suppression" of Islamic faith? Furthermore, is it not this interpretation which leads many to feel that it is their God-given right to destroy those who they feel are lessening the impact of Islam upon the world?

AmMortal

Banned
Amir0x said:
Ok here's a question on this subject then. What constitutes suppression of Islamic faith? Could it not be seen by some (rightly) that any expansion of Christian values or Jewish values is "suppression" of Islamic faith? Furthermore, is it not this interpretation which leads many to feel that it is their God-given right to destroy those who they feel are lessening the impact of Islam upon the world?

Okay,

You see, when Islam was first introduced, the people were persecuted, tortured and beaten to death. So after that they migrated, from Mecca to Medina,also some of them went to Abbysinia (modern day Ethiopia,VERY powerful back then) they later went to Medina later.

The artistocratics from Mecca weren't having it that these slaves and poor beggers were gonna get helped, they might lead a revolution that was clearly inevitable. The gathered armies to destory them when they went to Medina, however, once the people of Medina saw the Prophet,they saw he was the same one the Old testament prophecised, he fulfilled all the criteria. Some of them became muslim others jewish and Christians kept their faith but still respected them.

The Meccan Army came to destroy the muslims in Medina many times,this is supression of faith, how the muslims migrated and yet still they weren't left alone. Allah allowed them to defend themselves and only defense.

I Still love this video Clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=HG9dMKiDzC4

I beg you all to watch it, its 4 minutes explains how everything can be mistaken.

Ikael

Quite a good topic. I always thought that the Islam was one of the most misunderstood religions basically because the vast majority of its own believers misunderstand it. The Qoran is a complex, beautiful message trown to ignorant masses that have made a weapon out of it. It sickens me. The presumption that Gods worlds should not be interpretated even if God itself gave us a brain for it, the huge amount of retarded, unprooven hadiths that are being hold above the Qoran itself, the thousand different "autorities" at the muslim world claiming to be the very only righteous interpretators of the religion, the mixing between politic, state and religion... yes, the actual state of "the islamic world" has little to do with religion and a lot to do with their practicers and his politics, IMHO.

John_B

Gig you are such a troll.

Gig said:
While that may have been reasonable in olden days, it's hardly needed now. Why don't muslims change the Quran to discard this ban on pigs?
In reality there is currently no need to bear arms, so why don't we change the Second Amendment?

Gig said:
Dude that's so weak, if I want to say "screw Allah" I should be able to say screw Allah.
And if you want to say "I have a bomb" while on an airplane, you should be able to?

quaere

How do Muslims explain believing in Jesus while their belief in Muhammad directly contradicts the Bible?

"Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

AmMortal

Banned
aswedc said:
How do Muslims explain believing in Jesus while their belief in Muhammad directly contradicts the Bible?

"Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Nothing there contradicts the teachings of Islam.

No one comes to G-d except through excepting His Prophets, they are the way and the light leading to God.

At the time Jesus was the Only Prophet on earth, everyone had to accept him as a Prophet and Near one to G-d.

Muhammad is prophecised in the old testament:

The Lord said to me [Moses]: ‘What they say is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you among their brothers; I will put My words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My Name, I will Myself call him to account.’ (Deuteronomy, 18.17-9)

"brothers referes to the early Qurayshi's some of whom were born of Abraham through Ishmeal) ( much like Isreali's were born of Isaac)

Notice the " In My name", every Chapter in the Quran starts with:

In The Name of Allah Most Gracious,Most Merciful

So God restored it once again through the prophet born of Abraham through Ismail( (Ishmeal).

In the song of Solomon Muhammad is mentioned BY NAME

Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon 5:16. The Hebrew word used in this verse is Mahamaddim. The ending letters ‘im’ is a plural of respect, majesty and grandeur, just as in Elohim (the God). Without ‘im’ the name becomes Mahamadd which was translated as "altogether lovely" in the Authorized Version of the Bible or 'The Praised One', 'the one worthy of Praise.' In Arabic, Muhammad means the one who is most praised.

Song of Solomon 5:16
His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

its a lot cooler in hebrew lol

Old Testament:
8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Muslims do not give any glory to graven images whether that be Jesus or anyone else.

I would really like to see a reply to this post.

pewye

Banned
aswedc said:

edit: nevermind. Warrior300 got it covered :lol

quaere

Warrior300 said:
Nothing there contradicts the teachings of Islam.

No one comes to G-d except through excepting His Prophets, they are the way and the light leading to God.

At the time Jesus was the Only Prophet on earth, everyone had to accept him as a Prophet and Near one to G-d.
You're deliberately misreading the quote. The use of the word "me" in John 14:6 could not be more clear.
Warrior300 said:
Muhammad is prophecised in the old testament:

The Lord said to me [Moses]: ‘What they say is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you among their brothers; I will put My words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My Name, I will Myself call him to account.’ (Deuteronomy, 18.17-9)
A very, very thin connection at best. What makes you think this applies to Muhammad rather than Jesus (or any other prophet)?
Warrior300 said:
In the song of Solomon Muhammad is mentioned BY NAME
I've never heard this argument, but Google sure has. What is your response?
1. The logic of the assertion that the word Machmad is Muhammad because the two words sound a bit similar is somewhat specious. The name John sounds a bit like the Arabic Jinn, but there is no connection between the two. Similarly a connection on the grounds that the word means "the praised one" falls short of a guaranteed logical link; has only one person in the world ever been praised?

2. The context of the passage identifies the person described as Machmad as someone in the time of Solomon (Song 3:11) who is loved by a Shulamite (Song 6:13). He is red-haired (Song 5:10). None of these descriptions fits Muhammad who never visited Shunem in his life.

3. A search of all the occurrences of the word Machmad in the Bible shows that the word has nothing to do with praise. It simply refers to whatever is desirable for whatever reason and is derived from the root chamad which means desire.

4. If one is to accept that the word Machmad refers to Muhammad then one should look at all the occurrences of that word. When one does this one can see why only the occurrence in the Song of Solomon is cited by Moslems. The others tell one that Machmad was destroyed (2 Chron. 36:19), was to be laid waste (Isa. 64:10-11), has been taken captive by an enemy (Lam. 1:10), has been traded for food (Lam. 1:11), has been slain by God (Lam. 2:4; Hos. 9:16), has been removed by God (Ezek. 24:16), is to be profaned by God (Ezek. 24:21), is to be buried in nettles (Hos. 9:6) and been carried away by pagans into their temples (Joel 3:5). Even an unkind person would not attribute all these things to Muhammad.

Ikael said:
Quite a good topic. I always thought that the Islam was one of the most misunderstood religions basically because the vast majority of its own believers misunderstand it. The Qoran is a complex, beautiful message trown to ignorant masses that have made a weapon out of it. It sickens me. The presumption that Gods worlds should not be interpretated even if God itself gave us a brain for it, the huge amount of retarded, unprooven hadiths that are being hold above the Qoran itself, the thousand different "autorities" at the muslim world claiming to be the very only righteous interpretators of the religion, the mixing between politic, state and religion... yes, the actual state of "the islamic world" has little to do with religion and a lot to do with their practicers and his politics, IMHO.

ultamatom? j/k

Ikael said:
Quite a good topic. I always thought that the Islam was one of the most misunderstood religions basically because the vast majority of its own believers misunderstand it.

I used to be a Christian, and you could say the exact same thing about many Christians...not all, as I have met some Christians who I feel have a Christ-like attitude. Personally, that's something I cannot find in churches. It's something I find in individuals. Many of the Muslims on GAF sound like respectable people who I could very easily get along with.

This is the fundamental problem with getting hung up on things like what to eat or not eat, how to dress etc. Everyone has their own idea of what is sexy and what is not sexy etc. What matters most is the principals behind religion. If you educate kids properly from an early age and teach them how to respect themselves and others (through actions, not just words), the rest will ultimately follow.

Apparently im muslim, well my parents are and all my relatives are and for the most part I was raised as one and while im not totally not gung-ho about it, if someone asked me what religion I was associated with, I would say im muslim. That said, this thread has so much I didnt know about it.

Nooreo

I was Muslim...

But now i don't believe in a god, but i dont consider my self atheist/agnostic because i don't want to be in another group.

Top Bottom