• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoboman

Well, don't start judging based on this pic. You know where Killzone has to prove itself is animation and dense, amazing looking conflicts

AND SMOKE TRAILS

Yoboman said:
Well, don't start judging based on this pic. You know where Killzone has to prove itself is animation and dense, amazing looking conflicts

AND SMOKE TRAILS

Very true... we really don't see much here.

Mononofu

bud said:
so guys, do you think the textures on the walls look good?

Indifferent2.gif

Sin

Wollan said:
Don't start any speculation. This media is new and is most likely of their very current build.

Not trying to start speculation. Its just that the pic fits the description of the movie shown to distributors months ago, but maybe I interpreted motherh's comment the wrong way.

bud

Mononofu said:

GREATEST POST EVER

Yoboman said:
As far as textures in a 490 x 270 pic goes, yeah they look good.

the background is the only thing that bothers me really. the model, the gun and the lighting look pretty good to me. i guess i'll have to wait a couple of days to see how it is in motion.

Aaron

bud said:
so guys, do you think the textures on the walls look good?
No, they are low rez crap, but I expect they're either placeholders, or all the effects are in place. Like the moments when Gears forgets to load the normal mapping, and it ends up looking like an early PS2 game.

Splatt

Oh shit! Look what one small screenshot did to this thread. I can not even imagine what will happen after the Killzone 2 media blowout :lol

What's weird is that the shadow looks like a mess high up, but from the waist down where it's being projected onto a darker surface it looks like a proper soft shadow.

VonGak!

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Very true... we really don't see much here.

But it's a really good tease. :D

For animations well that's more a question about budget and qualified artists. I mean Uncharted already showed us that it's highly possible and hopefully we won't be platforming in KillZone leaving even more memory/space for fluid animations.

Volumetric explosions will be nice to see though instead of the static volumetric clouds but we already saw the gas tank demonstration back at E3 '05 so it's definitely possible.
The "only" question is graphical quality...

I really hope the textures are on par with those seen in Uncharted, then the game won't be too far off the original video, especially not if the lighting is of Halo/HS/Ucharted/teaser picture quality.

BTW, your avatar is even better now.

rakka

Like the moments when Gears forgets to load the normal mapping, and it ends up looking like an early PS2 game.

Pretty sure thats not the case :p

This is screenshot given to USAToday, after all...

The Jason

Yoboman said:
Somebody ask on the Killzone forums what he means by early

because he complained about the size and said more would be released in the next few days, I got the impression that the USA Today screen was going to be released in the next few days (so it got shown a little early)

Busty

Banned
Barring the slightly pixelated border of the shadow projected around the Helghast solider and the small detail in the foreground I really don't see what people are talking about when they say low res/bad textures.

I'm being as objective as is posible for someone that posts on GAF and I really don't see it, I think the peeling, rotting wall behind the illuminated solider looks great.

But in saying that. The thing that this game, above anything has to do to impress me is really show the sort of scope of battlefields and landscape shown in the trailer. And this shot obiviously hints at neither.

But it's a start.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
I can't wait to see this shit. More than 2 years passed and we'll see the game very soon. This hype is killing me.

Tideas

Banned
motherh
Dev Team

motherh

Message 1574 of 1577

Viewed 47 times

Btw, it appears I am being misquoted already, so I fixed the previous answer.

"EDIT: When I say "early" I mean, "released early in the day", and not "an early build". The screenshots were taken on the latest version of the game as it was on Saturday."

Message Edited by motherh on 07-10-2007 11:55 AM

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games

Wollan

polyh3dron said:
The texture on the wall to the left looks pretty bad, but that's probably because it's really close up.

Most probably. The rest relatively distanced looks just as good as any other console game. Then you have the real time shadow behind the Helghast. That model looks insane.

rakka

Tideas said:
motherh
Dev Team

motherh

Message 1574 of 1577

Viewed 47 times

Btw, it appears I am being misquoted already, so I fixed the previous answer.

"EDIT: When I say "early" I mean, "released early in the day", and not "an early build". The screenshots were taken on the latest version of the game as it was on Saturday."

Message Edited by motherh on 07-10-2007 11:55 AM

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games

Thought so, cheers

Kinan

motherh said:
It is almost the same build. The screenshots were taken on Saturday on the then- latest build.

Newest build confirmed.

P.S. Those wall textures give me kinda STALKER vibe. And its good.

Wollan

Regarding the weather, since this is on planet Helghan, I would guess the atmosphere must be damaging for us normal humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom