• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Y2Kev said:
It's even more beautiful in HD imo :lol You can see the details on the soldiers' faces, and the lighting when the Helghast is getting shot to hell is BEYOND(!). Also the head explosion. :lol :lol

It really is better in 720p. I thought it might have suffered a bit, but the amount of detail in... everything is so much clearer in 720p that it doesn't suffer one bit IMO.

dabig2

I'm disappointed guys. About a page and no one has put a Halo head on the helghasts getting destroyed yet? I would, but I'm too tired and lazy so get to it!

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
4y4t3pe.png

NEVER FORGET

Joates said:
Yeah, dont bother dude, maybe once all the hype has settled, but right now its pointless.

You could post crysis comparison bics to this right now, and some would say KZ looks bette
r. Its just not worth it.
Yeah.... NO.

People are hyped because the gameplay footage is delivering the same intensity as the original trailer and still looks great (even though it doesn't match the console-impossible spec of the CG trailer)

Crysis is Crysis. It exists on it's own graphical plane, drawing comparisons to it is irrelevant since the Turks have a stacked deck.

Cdammen

twofold said:
Just added the torrent to my 100mbit webserver. Upload is going at 2700kb/s and rising. Hope it improves speeds for you guys!
Mind posting the link to the torrent? :(

(EDIT) Nevermind. Found it :)

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
The torrent should have a lot more seeders now. A lot of people are close to finishing it (at least that's how it looks on my end).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
High fives for everyone.

Trailer delivered.

Haters were put in their place.

And Sony has only revealed one game.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I switch over to Internet Explorer, and suddenly the Megaupload works perfectly.

edit- yes SEED SEED SEED!!!!!!

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
I said wow :D Pretty amazing use of grain and lighting to mask the texture detail. The animation is insane. By the time this comes along, the PS3 will be very affordable in Oz.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
M3wThr33 said:
Alright, you 1200 kids, the original dudes are finishing. The speeds should be getting REALLY fast now.

Yep, my speed is 300k/s now, finishing up real quick. I'll seed to 5:1 or something.

Alright you bastards, I just finished d/l. I'm seeding at 240kb/s and I'll be leaving it on for a while.

I've already uploaded like 700 something megs so get it while it's hot.

Syb

Wow that was pretty amazing. That said by the time of release (08?) I believe this will be more-or-less the norm across both platforms in regards to top-tier shooters. What a wonderful time to be a graphics whore ha? :D

dabig2

joshcryer said:
4y4t3pe.png

NEVER FORGET

Lol, I still can't believe they bothered to edit that in after the original article.

Yeah, they edited that in after the fact. ****ing ridiculous. Most other notable sites so far have had much more positive praise. IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku even.

Gears of What?

....if all you naysayers to this games graphical fidelity think the people in this thread are crazy or wrong why don't you find another thread to waste your time with?

I have no doubt Sony will win this E3, the price drop and bundle announcements alone will do it. Hell, even I will buy a PS3 come october when I'm in the states, since I can get a tax refund on it too. And I'm as blind an XBOX fan as they come.

Killzone 2 looks great, PS3 really needed a graphical showcase game and the reaction confirms this, but it doesn't blow away games already out there like Gears, or upcoming games like COD4. It's just great, and it should be, with all that budget and Sony push. If the gameplay is good I'll get it for the PS3, but the impression I got is that the gameplay is a bit like a FEAR/Black mongrel.

Defuser

nicholasphan said:
could it be because i'm using GetRight?
Megaupload isn't exactly fast for Singapore.At most your dl speed is 60 kb.Use utorrent,get the torrent and dl it. It's way faster,nearly 300kb.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I slept 1 ****ing hour tonight. 1 hour. Thanks Guerrilla. I hope you all get
raises.
fired.

KGKK

Banned
It looks like that in it's pre-alpha stage? Still a year and a half left to work on the game? Just imagine how it is going to look when it does come out. Remember how much better Motorstorm looked? Resistance? Also recently, Lair? They really do improve a lot in the end. Improving Killzone2 is going to look godly.

KGKK said:
It looks like that in it's pre-alpha stage? Still a year and a half left to work on the game? Just imagine how it is going to look when it does come out. Remember how much better Motorstorm looked? Resistance? Also recently, Lair? They really do improve a lot in the end. Improving Killzone2 is going to look godly.

half a year, not a year and a half. other posters have put this at early 2008.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I guess I won't be the only one of a handful Guerrilla Games followers from now on. :p

holy crap and i thought the shock announcements for today were done! ;)

when is the PSN version up? (JPN time if pos please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom