• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP) Import thread of Convoluted Nonsense

Sacha

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes. Apparently, the latest issue of Otona Fami has an interview with KH coded's main planner. Seems like he's talking about how few people can play it on mobile phone, and how it would be cool if more people were able to play the game ? (That's what I managed to gather using Google translate/Excite world.)

『コーデッド』の今後の展開について「遊べる機種が少なかったので、
遊べるユーザーさんが増やせるように何らかの展開ができるといいなとは思っていますが……。」と答えています。

また、「あと、『コーデッド』は完結しますが、シリーズとしては他の作品と相互に関わっていますので、
いろいろイメージができるかと思いますのでご期待ください。」とコメントしています。

コーデッドは手紙の内容を直に触れているのでファンなら是非とも抑えておきたいタイトルだと思います。
もっとたくさんの人が触れられるタイトルになるといいですね~。
http://ameblo.jp/lightning13/entry-10465374287.html

lupinko

Even though I've had this game since January, I finally got around to playing it yesterday.
I also had to go from CFW 5.50 M33-3 to OFW 6.20 on my PSP1000to play this, which is ok since I made a pandora battery/magic ms, this in itself is a lot of pointless info already, so I'll get back to KHBBS.
I must say it's a lot of fun, ok so far the story doesn't make any sense (and judging by the op, I guess the series doesn't make sense period, note: this is also my first ever KH in general). Right now for me it certainly shows a lot of promise, and it pretty much got me back into playing my PSP again, actually this is the most excited I've been playing the PSP oddly enough.

I kinda am kicking myself for not picking up the PSP3000-KHBBS bundle, but I want whatever the hell PSP4000 is.

Disney characters speaking in Japanese will take getting used to, but it's no biggie.

<3 <3 <3 Aqua.

been looking for my PSP for 5 hours now, wanted to jump back into this now i'm home
can't find my PSP anywhere, turned the house upside down looking :/ fucking hate when this happens

Peff

"Summer", so probably August/September.

It also appears that the copy protection has been cracked if anyone wanted to dump the game to the MS to shorten loadings (since even the biggest install isn't the full game).

Bebpo

Banned
Jeels said:
Should have been in the game. =[ The more new worlds the better.

I'd agree but the game does have quite a bit of highly polished content already, so I can see why they didn't include it. If they did we probably wouldn't have gotten BBS until mid-2011 instead :(

I'd rather they release the game and then use that for the next KH.

So, for the english release we'll have (I don't know if it's confirmed or not)

Master Xehanort - Leonard Nimoy (from the latest trailer)
Master Eraqus or Terra? - Mark Hamill
Ven - Jesse McCartney
Aqua - Willa Holland
Vanitas - We all know who will probably voice him

Freaking crazy that Nimoy is in this.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Crewnh said:
So, for the english release we'll have (I don't know if it's confirmed or not)

Master Xehanort - Leonard Nimoy (from the latest trailer)
Master Eraqus or Terra? - Mark Hamill
Ven - Jesse McCartney
Aqua - Willa Holland
Vanitas - We all know who will probably voice him

Freaking crazy that Nimoy is in this.

Eraqus is voiced by Hamill, from what I could tell.

EDIT: So, IMDB's listing for BBS includes Christian Bale as Terra. :lol (Although I have to admit that it would be awesome having his performance on the game)

duckroll

As fate would have it, I decided to reinstall BbS today after deleting some videos off my memory stick and deleting Zettai Hero (finished it, not planning on replaying it anytime soon). I picked up on my Ventus clear save just to do some combat and OMG THIS IS STILL MY GOTY SO FAR. It's just so, so fun. :D

Nose Master said:
So, are the three stories actually unique? I'm sure the same worlds but, other than that?

They're not 3 different stories. It's one big story broken up into 3 parts. Each character is at different places at different times. The cutscenes, areas in the worlds, bosses, etc are largely different. There are scenes and areas which are reused of course, but it's all part of the design. It's really neat!

Skilletor said:
Why does this video have English commands?

Because the guy hacking the game to find the "extra" stuff in the data is also hacking a partial translation patch. People are silly and impatient. :p

yencid

finished this game a few days ago... Amazing game, definitely my favorite out of all of them.

mixing commands is so fucking awesome.

I don't like Kingdom Hearts but these gameplay vids look really good. Damn it, I may need to give the entire series an honest to god shot.

yencid

by the way one of the best commands i got was from aquas gameplay.

i dont quite remember the name but i believe it was something like "time shift" or something.
the command uses stop on the enemies and then she teleports between them hitting all of them one by one. if you want a good image of this look at the FFvs13 trailer where the prince teleports around the field, except in BBS its in game :p

duckroll

yencid said:
by the way one of the best commands i got was from aquas gameplay.

i dont quite remember the name but i believe it was something like "time shift" or something.
the command uses stop on the enemies and then she teleports between them hitting all of them one by one. if you want a good image of this look at the FFvs13 trailer where the prince teleports around the field, except in BBS its in game :p

Time Splicer. It's a pretty good command, but I prefer getting her into her Ghost Drive style instead. It has a similar effect, and looks much cooler. As far as other "homages" to the Vs13 trailer goes, Ventus' Wingblade style has swords floating behind him like wings, and he actually grabs them from behind and uses them to attack as you blitz. :)

yencid

i like ghost drive... until those unverse that throw blades at you appear (the green ones that go into the ground) HOLY shit where they annoying!

my times are as follow (hard mode, started it in that)

terra: LVL 37 - 22:42
ventus: LVL 37 - 13:40
aqua + last episode: LVL 39 - 13:59

terras was the hardest for me, the experiment boss fight and the final boss fight i probably spent a few hours on trying to beat em. Terra was also the one i played co op on.

duckroll

Did you do much Arena Mode? I almost cleared all of it with Terra on Proud Mode (my favorite character of the 3, and I really wanted to get his Ultima Cannon shoot lock). In the JP version most of the strategies for Arena Mode, especially the later missions, involve using Megaflare to clear the masses asap. I'm kinda worried when I read that Nomura says they're going to be toning Megaflare down in the US version... :lol

The green weed unverse are PIECES OF SHIT. Now only do they do a ton of damage, but those blades come at your in some stages well before you ever see them and they can gang up and cancel your actions every time you try to pull off a command or spell, and get you killed before you can cast Cure. Bastards!!! With Terra I didn't have much problem since I could just dash up close and use heavy attacks on them. With Vent I saved Raid type commands to use on them from a distance. Aqua took a long time for me to really get used to, but once I got her deck in order, the magic spamming is really awesome too.

yencid

hahaha magic spamming! I ended up with the same kind of deck, i literally did not have one physical attack on her by the end. Luckily for me i equipped my command so that when i cast cure she didnt stop so the friggin weed unverse didnt kill me.

I did do a good ammount of Mirage arena i dont quite remember how far i went BUT i remember i fought the same boss like four times each time he was less caged. I think i will definitely jump back into the mirage arena and do all of them.

also the competitive MP is also a lot of fun, did you get to try it?

yencid

Not sure actually, i played it with a friend and we planned it from skype so i never checked any other rooms, but yeah it is amazingly fun. You can either use your deck from the SP or they can assign a randomly selected deck, around the stage there are this pots that when you hit you can actually get new commands to spam your enemy :>

Top Bottom