• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2k5(Powered by ESPN!) Xbox League: Have another $20 VC, Hell is freezing

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol why is it down the shitter? all the games but 3 were played,
and one of them is because true had to go out of town. relax dude :D

I know, why is it down the shitter? It's not like your closing pitcher can play once every three games and that the only way you can score is to hit a homerun and that half of the homeruns in the league are inside the park-ers.

What's wrong with the league?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Are you guys attacking the remaining players like you attacked me!? :lol

I disagree with needing homers to score, you just need to play smart baseball.

I will say though, it is abnormally hard to get anything passed the infielders.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Are you guys attacking the remaining players like you attacked me!? :lol

I disagree with needing homers to score, you just need to play with the Yankees.

I will say though, it is abnormally hard to get anything passed the infielders.

Fixed.

I know, I know, I point fingers, but I have the Cardinals and a line-up of home run hitters.

Fear WELLIE'S BAN STICK :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol! YANKEES!

I just don't think it's prudent to swing away and hope for the best. I steal bases, I bunt to move runners up and get them into scoring position, I hit and run, I sac fly*. It's possible to manufacture runs instead of hoping to get lucky with the long ball.

As I had said though, the Yanks just don't fit this style of ball playing. :lol I should have taken the Mets.

*Yes I realize my league stats don't show all this. :lol

Ramirez

Hitting feels totally random to me,Fifty pitched one right down the pipe,I swing for contact and it's a little weak ass line drive to the SS :lol

I might get 7-8 hits a game,but it doesn't mean anything if it's 1 hit per inning :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
BOB WHERE ARE THOU!? I GOT A SCREAMING BABY HERE AND I WANT TO PLAY BALL!!!!!! ITS MADNESS I TELL YA!

ShadowRed

Banned
The infielders are on perminate God mode. Nothing gets past them they seem to always be at thr right place at the right time. Ypu don't even have to worry about moving your outfielders up because the only thing that gets past the infield are pop ups.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i will be in the lobby after my game with wellie... IM me mrblacknj on AIM, and let me know
when u are ready.....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Hitting feels totally random to me,Fifty pitched one right down the pipe,I swing for contact and it's a little weak ass line drive to the SS :lol

I might get 7-8 hits a game,but it doesn't mean anything if it's 1 hit per inning :lol

That's another thing I will totally agree with. No matter where or when you swing you can't direct the ball.

Ramirez

Whatever dude,if you've ever played MVP then you would know that this games hitting is bullshit,but SHOCK! you haven't played it :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
I direct all my hits....

You direct your hits with VC magic whoring power dust...konex the hitting in espn is horrid compared to MVP'S,its not even a contest.

PS...Bob and I both had 50 wtf moments in our shitty game.

relax ladies, its all in good fun :D

is mvp a superior game yes (check out the MVP GAF league thread btw if youre interested caninus and others), but that doesn't mean 2k5 is complete garbage. true, the hitting is sub par and the fielding is amazing, but just try to enjoy yourself and dont concentrate so much on the bs that goes down

p.s. shadow i was unable to play my game b/c truelize is out of town. i would have advanced it earlier today, however there were 2 other games that hadn't been played. so i advanced it when i got home from work

Fifty

Oh cool, another 1-0 game. I lost, but I could have easily been the 1-0 winner. Man I feel like such a loser for playing a game I don't even like on a friday night.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I am back if the league hasn't been advanced yet. I can play tomorrow morning if you are around FMT.
If it's advanced I'll check and see who my next opponent is.

I'm fine with playing this league. I know the infielders are amazing. I know I don't have a clue where the ball is going to go when i hit it. Or how to really hit it at all. Am I aiming the bat up when I push up or am I aiming the ball up? So lost.
But guys please don't dump out of this league. Let's get a whole season in before everyone flakes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Are we even going to make it the full 40 games? Why do you guys buy a game that you know you won't like (VC games) and then tell others (me) that the game is better than the others of its kind and that they should get it to play online? It's a waste of both our time, and my money.

I think the game is excellent and I would love to finish the season out.

Fifty

I may be posting negative comments (thank you guys for not responding, seriously, it lets me calm down), and I don't like the game that much, but I'm not giving up. My game was ridiculous tonight, but I'm not going to quit. If it dies down, then so be it, but it's not happening yet.

Matrix

Fifty said:
I may be posting negative comments (thank you guys for not responding, seriously, it lets me calm down), and I don't like the game that much, but I'm not giving up. My game was ridiculous tonight, but I'm not going to quit. If it dies down, then so be it, but it's not happening yet.

Same with me.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Matrix said:
Same with me.

Yea likewise, I'm bashing it around the head, but I'll be there for my games. I don't take them so seriously when I'm playing, trust me.

That said, am I the only person who thinks it odd that most people don't have their voice on during games? :lol No big deal, maybe that's the standard around here.

Matrix

Well my mic is fucked so I dont use it and when I play online sport games I like to play without talking...Halo 2 I have no problem using the mic,but I get all serious about 90% of the time when Im playing sports leagues games and dont want to hear taunting either :p

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
No, I understand. If I play with people I've never even chatted with on a board I don't generally appreciate it being on. But...I don't taunt people and get all worked up either. I like to play these games but I can't get worked up enough about losing, etc. Don't feel obligated to "chat" haha, I'll shut mine off as well.

Except for Frenchie, he has Madden payback coming.

Mrbob

MLB2K5 has some problems but I think the game is still very solid overall. We don't need people jumping ship already! Let us get this league finished!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Mrbob said:
MLB2K5 has some problems but I think the game is still very solid overall. We don't need people jumping ship already! Let us get this league finished!

You. Me. Bike racks 6:30 est. TODAY!!!!

Yes? No?

ShadowRed

Banned
This fucking game sucks. One minute the fielders have magnets in their gloves and the ball shoots straight to them, and the other the can't catch a pop up. This will be my first and last season with crap game.

DMczaf

ShadowRed said:
This fucking game sucks. One minute the fielders have magnets in their gloves and the ball shoots straight to them, and the other the can't catch a pop up. This will be my first and last season with crap game.

:lol Same here

While Konex continues to take the beating from VC and love it

hellboy.jpg

Ramirez

Hmm,well to be fair Shadow I really had no fuckin clue what you were doin,you would like cycle through the fielders 3 times on a simple pop up and it would turn into a triple :lol

The game has problems,but fielding balls is not one of them.

LukeSmith

Musashi Wins! said:
No, I understand. If I play with people I've never even chatted with on a board I don't generally appreciate it being on. But...I don't taunt people and get all worked up either. I like to play these games but I can't get worked up enough about losing, etc. Don't feel obligated to "chat" haha, I'll shut mine off as well.

Except for Frenchie, he has Madden payback coming.

I like leaving the Mic in, but when I took it out Carpenter logged a CG Shut Out

ShadowRed

Banned
Ramirez said:
Hmm,well to be fair Shadow I really had no fuckin clue what you were doin,you would like cycle through the fielders 3 times on a simple pop up and it would turn into a triple :lol

The game has problems,but fielding balls is not one of them.

No that first inning triple you had the guy was standing under the ball with his hands up and it went right through him. Then there was a hit you had that went right through the third baseman.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Jesus Shuttlesworth ...

The Red Sox are dangerous in this game. Mhaynes had 7 homers on me in a 13-5 rape of my Angels. I hate how every play the infielders make is a web gem while the outfielders look like sprinters in the special olympics.

Ramirez

Ok,I'm makin it up!He was like crouched down and shit,I knew he wasn't gonna catch just by the animation he was in before the ball got to him.

mlhaynes4

Yeah the Sox are pretty sick... but you know some aspects of this game really piss me off. First of all, Bennett had a runner on 3rd and he hits a ball to the 1st baseman, so i throw it home b/c the runner goes.... he retreats to third, and then he turns back to go home when i throw to 3rd, but i cant throw it back home b/c my pitcher didnt cover ... wtf. any pitcher in the MAJOR LEAGUES knows what bases to cover in what situations.

Not to mention these pathetic OFs... just some of these things are already getting old to me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Some of the baserunning AI completely miffs me. I had a man on second today against Confusing Jazz, and I bunted to advance him, but the guy retreated to second soon as the ball hit the ground! It was annoying, but more importantly, it gave up a free out. :(

Cloudy

Banned
TJ Bennett said:
Jesus Shuttlesworth ...

The Red Sox are dangerous in this game. Mhaynes had 7 homers on me in a 13-5 rape of my Angels. I hate how every play the infielders make is a web gem while the outfielders look like sprinters in the special olympics.

I dunno if this'll help but always watch your lineups at the start. For example, Bradley is slow as crap in this game so I keep him at CF but sometimes, he's in at LF and I have to change it before the game cos he's a liability out there :lol

Some of the baserunning AI completely miffs me. I had a man on second today against Confusing Jazz, and I bunted to advance him, but the guy retreated to second soon as the ball hit the ground! It was annoying, but more importantly, it gave up a free out. :(

You could have manually advanced him, ya know. You play very aggressive though and maybe there was a DP possibility?

Top Bottom