• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Motorsports Thread of 2013 (MotoGP, WRC, Le Mans, Nascar, IRL, V8's etc)

pixelated

My web editor was extremely sorry :/ next year for sure. Here's some larger photos for viewing.

DSC03583 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03567 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03537 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03494 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03226 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03213 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03209 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03173 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03088 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC02582 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC02555 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC02544 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC02532 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

DSC03201 by Derrek Barlow, on Flickr

TylerD

Man, those are some great shots. Shame they didn't get used.

-----

Nationwide:

Kyle Larson was looking great and went into the pits in 1st with 50 laps to go. They had trouble with the front left and dropped 5 spots.

25 laps to go and he is in 3rd and moving up running the high side. Would be awesome to see him get his first Nationwide win on the same weekend of his Cup debut.

edit: Whelp, hit the wall pretty hard. So much for that!

edit again: Young shrub wins yet again beating up on the Nationwide drivers.

Shaneus

Oh shit. I completely forgot about it.
I did as well. I only remembered when I remarked to my brother that the cinema for the local Rush showing had about 6 people in it (including myself and my brother). Realised that most blokes are probably home pissing it up and watching Bathurst.

Do you want me to look for a link or something on this end? There's 40 laps to go.

TylerD

I did as well. I only remembered when I remarked to my brother that the cinema for the local Rush showing had about 6 people in it (including myself and my brother). Realised that most blokes are probably home pissing it up and watching Bathurst.

Do you want me to look for a link or something on this end? There's 40 laps to go.

Nah, I will download something from my racing tracker after it is posted. Best thing about being a V8 fan in America is that it is really easy to not be spoiled. I just don't look at my twitter feed and I will be fine.

Shaneus

Nah, I will download something from my racing tracker after it is posted. Best thing about being a V8 fan in America is that it is really easy to not be spoiled. I just don't look at my twitter feed and I will be fine.
John Bowe wins. Jim Richards calls everyone dickheads.

Shaneus

Not going to say anything TylerD, but fuck me that was a close race! I think there was .02 in it at the start of the last lap.

B.K.

Vickers is out the rest of the season because of a blood clot in his leg. MWR also announced that they're cutting back to two teams next year: the 15 and 55.

Vickers is out the rest of the season because of a blood clot in his leg. MWR also announced that they're cutting back to two teams next year: the 15 and 55.

Crazy days over there at MWR. It's no coincidence they've gone stone-cold on track. I feel badly for Truex. I've felt badly for him all along.

The Sean Edwards fatal accident at Queensland sounds a million ways horrible. Terribly sad.

Dead Man

That is terrible news, I assume it was some kind of trackday?

He was a passenger while another bloke drove:

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...ay-at-willowbank/story-fnii5v6w-1226740247873

Driver was stuck in the car for three hours, awake the whole time, badly burned apparently.

560977-d60bf41e-3546-11e3-9051-f1cffb9afa3c.jpg

Horrible crash.

Did you get to watch it yet? It was pretty awesome. I won't say anything more until you watch it though.

B.K.

That ending sucked. I wish they wouldn't wait until the last turn of the last lap to make a move on the leader.

B.K.

It would have been nice if NASCAR would have let them race to the finish line. All the wrecked cars were behind everyone else.

Chris R

Posting without reading everyone else's stuff as I catch up, sucks that some of my favorite drivers took each other out :( Montoya was looking not crap before the wreck too.

Chris R

That end was kinda tame :|

Would a scaled point system ever work in NASCAR (similar to F1, no idea what the scale would need to be though).

Top Bottom