• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: NieR Automata releasing on Steam March 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

An extra week for pc then.

290x should get me a mix of medium and max settings. I´m fine with that.

290x is more powerful than 380x. 380x is basically 280x with more memory.

I personally wouldn't take these SR too seriously. 970 and 280x/290 should be more than enough for 1080p.

Recommended GPU for AMD is R9 380x... Which us a rebranded R9 280x. So... You'll likely be more good than enough.

290x is more powerful than 380x. 380x is basically 280x with more memory.

I personally wouldn't take these SR too seriously. 970 and 280x/290 should be more than enough for 1080p.

Yeah, you´re right. With all the rebranding i mixed those cards up. Well, even better then.

Eolz

System requirements are pretty good.
I remember MGR asking for more than it required too (both min and rec).

Ventara

So my PC is minimum requirements now. Feels like it was yesterday when I built it. Guess I'll have to upgrade in a year or so. It's funny, but I don't think I actually played any graphically intensive game that made use of it, lol.

kswiston

Recommended GPU for AMD is R9 380x... Which us a rebranded R9 280x. So... You'll likely be more good than enough.

Ya, the minimum specs are pretty low, as are everything in the recommended specs other than the 980 mention. I doubt this game will be extremely taxing on mid range or better PCs.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Might switch to PC to put my two 970s to use.

SLI hahahahahahahahaha

Never again T_T

data

Uh... aren't those sys reqs bs?

380x or 980 for recommended? isn't the 980 twice as fast as the 380x?

Announcement weirdness aside at least it's coming out extremely soon and not like a year later

With RE7 and Nier I'm pretty much set for the year as far as games go <3

LeMoine

Neo Member
edit: also 50GB, what the fuck

This could be a similar situation to Metal Gear Rising where the majority of the 24GB of files is just uncompressed video files. Else I'm expecting some pretty insane texture quality (highly unlikely IMO).

JGLS

Probably not, but will this have a physical release and/or collector's edition? Otherwise, Day One Digital it is.

duckroll

Nier, faar, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Mivey

Nier, faar, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on
I give you an E for effort for this pun. Would be higher if you didn't reference a Celine Dion song.

Setsuna

GTX 980. . . .uhhh

Come on 780. . .Hold out till the next xx80 series

What other games have a 980 as recommended?

Where that Steam page at? I need to get to pre-orderin'.

They put it up and removed it rofl.

Untitled.gif

Elven_Star

If the trailers are anything to go by, this game is nowhere near demanding enough to require a GTX980 for 1080p60. Maybe they have upgraded the visuals on PC? Better textures perhaps? Some postprocessing stuff? If not, either something weird is going on, or S-E is talking BS. Let's just hope it's not because of a shitty port.

specs are kinda crazy. i5 2500K and 670 here so maybe i'll go with the ps4 version on a pro. i'm not sure yet because i'd like to have cheat engine so i can do training mode stuff by giving an enemy infinite health.

timberger

Weird that Sony would let them do exclusive DLC for the version of the game they were so desperate to bury the existence of that they... uh... let SE snnounce it's existence months ago?

So confusing.

Theorymon

This will certainly be my next quest after Zelda now that I know the PC version is coming out soon! Just a question though: is the previous Nier game required playing, or will I be fine playing this first? Don't get me wrong, I want to play the 1st game some day, but it's hard to resist some delicious Platinum Games action...

Hektor

This will certainly be my next quest after Zelda now that I know the PC version is coming out soon! Just a question though: is the previous Nier game required playing, or will I be fine playing this first? Don't get me wrong, I want to play the 1st game some day, but it's hard to resist some delicious Platinum Games action...

It'll add to the experience if you did but it's not required.

That said, it'll spoil you

Grief.exe

Japanese reviews of the PS4 version dropped today, NDA on those versions disappeared, and now we get PC information only in Japanese....

How could I possibly connect these dots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom