• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Artadius said:
Starting to nod off here.... someone restart the hype train.
2ewzgp4.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
KeeSomething said:
I'm thinking the same. If Nintendo is cool, they'll end with a trailer montage of Zelda Wii, Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong Country 4, Super Mario RPG 2, Yoshi's Island 2, NSMB2, Pikmin 3, Metroid Dread, new Retro project, Mystical Ninja Wii, F-Zero WiiX, Pokemon MMO, 1080 Snowboarding w/ Balance Board support, Mega Man Legends 3, US Mother 3, and Clay Fighter WiiWii.

EDIT: What!? It's over already?

Yoshi's Island 2 came out already for DS.

d+pad said:
I'm getting the feeling we should be listening to you :)

Don't. :p :lol

DGRP

Buttonbasher said:
I will physically fit my phallus into this game disc. 50 hours in the DS game. Nintendo is redeemed forever. Now excuse me while I cool off in a Volcano.

With full force and god's speed.

Hotel Dusk 2 PLEASE CING TOTAL TRIP

The event isn't over yet! There is still time for Nintendo to announce The Legend of Zelda: Even Better Than Majora's Mask, Super Mario Galaxy World, and Donkey Kong Country 4! I believe.

Htown said:
Incidentally, what time is the American conference tomorrow? In case they announce different stuff.

They might, but i wouldn't get your hopes up. I don't think they announced anything important at the US event last year.

Bluth54

Allan Holdsworth said:
Hope the GC classics are just re-releases in a GC disk with Wii branding, DK Jungle Beat would suck with the Wii Remote.
Even if they are on a Wii disk they could easily support the bongos and Gamecube controller along with motion controls.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
WickedLaharl said:
bullshit.

In regards to tales games, it is very true.

Those two developers have a very solid track record, and them making a Wii game is a guarantee that it will be a world class game.

Assuming that "mothership tales" means that it is done by the Tales Studio.

Phthisis

Buttonbasher said:
I will physically fit my phallus into this game disc. 50 hours in the DS game. Nintendo is redeemed forever. Now excuse me while I cool off in a Volcano.

50 hours? Jesus christ dude. That's more than 10 times what's required to beat it.

NolbertoS

dabookerman said:
Seriously, why do so many people care about ancient games being rehashed on the Wii? ;x

How dare you, call Punch-Out an ancient game..that game alone is worth it's greatness in gold. The game never gets old and I can't wait to face new challengers and challenges on the Wii. It would be cool, if you can challenge other players online

In summary...

Gemaga liveblog

13:36 It hasn't started yet. And, this blog has quickly gotten bogged down. (;・∀・)
13:38 It's started!
13:39 Satoru Iwata has taken the stage, and has begun a speech. He suddenly announced the Nintendo DSi, a 3rd platform.
13:43 The DS has quickly become widespread, and has already reached a saturation point, but there's still room for it to grow. (Iwata)
13:45 It's going from one system per house to one system per person.
13:46 12%, 2.6 millimeters thinner, GBA slot will be excluded.
13:47 Both screens will be increased to 3.25 inches. It will include a camera and audio functionality.
13:49 The Nintendo DSi camera will contain 300,000 pixels. Both screens will be touch panels, and photographs should be able to be manipulated through the touch screen.
13:50 The pitch and playback speed of sound on the Nintendo DSi can be adjusted at will.
13:53 And SD memory card slot will be included. Photos taken will be able to be viewed through the Wii Photo Channel.
13:54 There will be on-board memory storage. Applications can be downloaded to the internal storage and selected.
13:56 You can take games you've downloaded to the DSi with you. Also, Wii Points will be renamed to become Nintendo Points.
13:56 The Nintendo DSi will come with a browser included.
13:58 DS Ware will be able to be downloaded from the Nintendo DSi Shop.
13:59 Titles will be placed into Free, 200, 500, and Premium (800) categories. DSi systems that connect by March, 2010 will receive 1000 Points as a gift.
14:00 DS Station will go into its second phase, becoming the Nintendo Zone service. The Nintendo Zone will also be available at McDonald's.
14:02 The Nintendo Zone Viewer will come included, and can be accessed without any setup.
14:03 Color variations will be white and frosted black. Release is set for November 1st at 18,900 yen (tax included).
14:07 The DSi presentation has concluded, and now the games to be released by year's end are being shown in a video.
14:11 DS and Wii connectivity title FFCC is being introduced.
14:11 FFCC will be released at the same time for both Wii and DS on January 29th next year.
14:13 New screens and animations from DQIX are being shown. It will be released in March, 2009.
14:16 That's all for DS announcements. From here on is the Wii. Regarding the lack of internal memory, Wii software will be able to be downloaded to SD memory cards. Also, Wii software will be able to be easily copied to internal memory from the SD card. This will be available in Spring 2009.
14:20 In order to increase the number of Wii systems connected to the Internet, a 3.5 minute demo movie "What You Can Do With the Wii" will be installed in newly-shipped systems.
14:22 The wi-fi adaptor has been announced. (old)
14:23 Those who have connected their Wii systems to the Internet can help those who haven't and both will receive a 500 point reward in a campaign.
14:24 Animal Crossing: City Folk presentation. It will use both data from the DS version and Mii characters.
14:25 Wii Speak announced. (old) Connecting the receiver, communication by voice is made possible. ACCF will come with Wii Speak and will be released for 7800 yen on November 20th.
14:27 Wii Sports Resort and Wii MotionPlus have been announced. (old)
14:29 Announcing the software lineup. Prope is developing a Wiimote-free game called "Let's Tap."
14:32 Pikmin, among other GameCube titles, will be re-released in the "Wii-playable Selection."
14:35 Wii title intro video. Punch-Out!!, Trace Memory, Sin & Punishment 2, among others.
14:38 Numbered titles in the Musou series will come to Wii. Sengoku Musou 3 announced for Wii.
14:39 The "mothership" title for the Tales series has also been announced.
14:40 New video for Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)!
14:44 Satoru Iwata has left the stage. In turn, Shigeru Miyamoto will give a presentation on Wii Music.
14:54 I made Wii Music with the idea of being able to enjoy playing musical instruments in a jam session. (Miyamoto)

Jonnyram

M&LRPG3 is out next year.
So is Made in Ore.
And some Friend Collection thing with Miis on the DS, including Iwata, and Miyamoto.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
15:06: Oh, speaking of music games: a NeoGAF poster found a press release on Bandai Namco's site that says Taiko no Tatsujin will be released for Wii on December 11. It'll cost 7800 yen and include a drum controller.

:lol

Tiktaalik

When you look at that recap list the DSi looks pretty solid, the Wii announcements are lacking in my opinion, even though there are some interesting games it could a lot use more.

Top Bottom