• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

nli10

HK-47 said:
Wow they just fucked over Activision and Pokemon fans in one fell swoop

Regardless, G/S Remakes confirmed

Use a Lite to put GBA pokemon on DS cart.

Use that DS cart in your DSi...

If you haven't transferred them all already anyway...

ED: and yeah - looks Like Europe get it in March/April for the Easter market. Depending on how it knows which online store to point at I may or may not import like the Phat.

And Woo at the 3rd Layton game being this year (and the first being in Europe for Xmas too - I imported that one...)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
HK-47 said:
Where do you get that idea?
There's no Alphadream in the credits, and the order for the "co-developed by Intelligent Systems" credit matches the Mario & Luigi 3 footage.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
AniHawk said:
Finally, an entertaining Mario & Luigi? Color me surprised.

alphadream grasped something that intsys never has, namely that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO IMAGINE ANYTHING MORE COMPLETELY INANE THAN REAMS OF TEXT ABOUT MARIO (UNLESS IT BE REAMS OF TEXT ABOUT MARIO FREELY TRANSLATED BY THOSE IRRITATING TREEHOUSE PEOPLE)

so no, you are incorrect sir

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jj984jj said:
There's no Alphadream in the credits, and the order for the "co-developed by Intelligent Systems" credit matches the Mario & Luigi 3 footage.
poor AlphaDream ;-;

but yeah Intelligent Systems!

Jonnyram

Well it has been pointed out by someone that on the spec page it says DSi can play DS only software AND DSi only software. What this means is up in the air - it may just be software that relies on the camera, or there may be a spec difference. I think the screens are higher res are they not?

Metal B

Lets see Smash Bros. Assits Trophies:

assist12_071122a.jpg

assist10_071018a.jpg

Hope for Golden Sun, F-Zero and Kirby 3D (Sim City, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Excitebike) =)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Jonnyram said:
Well it has been pointed out by someone that on the spec page it says DSi can play DS only software AND DSi only software. What this means is up in the air - it may just be software that relies on the camera, or there may be a spec difference. I think the screens are higher res are they not?
Maybe they are talkin about DS-Ware ?

Edit - no impressiones about dq9, tales of or mh3 footage ?

jgwhiteus

Jonnyram said:

Wouldn't DS Ware technically be considered "DSi only" also? Haven't seen any games that seem to use the other features yet.

Edit: Beaten

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheGrayGhost said:
I don't understand what that means...

The second is decent, or maybe just average from what I've played. But the first is all kinds of awesome.

He is repeating things we have known about Wii Music since it was announced.

drohne

grandjedi6 said:
poor AlphaDream ;-;

you say 'poor alphadream,' i see a developer whose obvious talents will no longer be shackled to a dead mascot and say 'lucky alphadream'

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Metal B said:
Lets see Smash Bros. Assits Trophies:

assist12_071122a.jpg

assist10_071018a.jpg

Hope for Golden Sun, F-Zero and Kirby 3D (Sim City, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Excitebike) =)

We can hope...though I'd rather GS be on the DS

Soule

Yay first page is updated... after I sifted through all those pages to find out what happened lol damn I have bad timing. But I gotta say the conference was surprising, no megatons for me, no real disappointments (other than the camera on the DSi, pretty crappy quality) but overall I feel happy coming out of this, certainly a lot has intrigued me from the little videos particularly but I'm not gonna get too excited just yet, just cautious optimism for now to see what the future holds.

jj984jj

Oh wait nevermind, there's no Alphadream but the co-developed by IntSys credit is obviously for WarioWare.

jj984jj said:

But something's not right. There's only 7 Nintendo credits, but nine DS games published by Nintendo.

jj984jj

Golden Darkness said:
But something's not right. There's only 7 Nintendo credits, but nine DS games published by Nintendo.
Yeah, you're right. Sorry for the confusion!

HK-47 said:
You want me to quote your tag?

=P
By all means, it'd be the first time anyone's ever used it correctly. :lol

xfactor

Banned
it seems there are 2 cam in the DSi

one on the outside, and one on the inside (between the 2 screens)

does the 0.3 megapixel applies to both cam, or just one of them with the other cam a 3megapixel?

Akai said:
I hate EVERYONE who isn't even the least bit excited for ANOTHER CODE!
Whats that game?

Anyway . . . YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!! Today was a good day for both my interest! Killer Bee is alive and well in a Manga I read and now this! Do they have another thing coming up?

Also . . .

Nintendo: Your god has not forgotten you . . . so STFU!

drohne

i kinda liked trace memory, but after hotel dusk the mere thought of a cing game causes me to break out in hives

like...if your first date with a girl was pretty good, and then on your second date she spoke in tongues, broke your nose, and shat on your furniture...would you be looking forward to the third date

Akai said:
I hate EVERYONE who isn't even the least bit excited for ANOTHER CODE!
Then you dont have me...the one on ds had the greatest puzzle ever.

Literally a spoiler for one of the puzzles for Another Code on ds, so beware, its a big one if you are playing it or plan on doing so. Beware.
The puzzle where you have to close the ds half way and use the reflection from both screens to solve was astonishing. Its one of those puzzles where you dont know how you solved it or what made you think of it....just kinda comes to you. Brilliant

Akai

HK-47 said:
Thats Trace Memory right?

Yes, yes it is!

And I THINK AlphaDream IS in there in the credits...I recognize the 株式会社 kanji above the IS credit...

Akai

drohne said:
i kinda liked trace memory, but after hotel dusk the mere thought of a cing game causes me to break out in hives

Well to be fair, the thought of you posting makes ME break out in hives...

kizmah

PUNCH-OUT (looking great) - YES!
Another Code Wii - FUCK YES!
Endless Ocean 2 - Holy mother of all that is good and pure, YES, YES and YES!!!!

Now give us a new Zelda and anything Retro-related at the NOA-conference and my soul will forever belong to you, Reggie.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
drohne said:

like...if your first date with a girl was pretty good, and then on your second date she spoke in tongues, broke your nose, and shat on your furniture...would you be looking forward to the third date
Technically isn't the 3rd date Little King's story? Or would that be more like an orgy?

Deku

Banned
HK-47 said:
Why did you like TC but not HD?

Another Code is a really good game up till the last chapter, the puzzles were pretty easy and it was pure atmosphere and moved at a good clip.

Hotel Dusk has a lot of back tracking, reading, and very little room for error in the chapter finale interrogations.

I liked both for different reasons and CiNG knows how to create atmosphere.

drohne

HK-47 said:
Why did you like TC but not HD?

trace memory was a neat little adventure game, hotel dusk was HIDEOUS UNENDING REAMS OF BADLY WRITTEN TEXT WITH AMATEUR ATTEMPTS AT AMERICAN DIALECT SPEECH OH GOD PLEASE KILL ME

actually the last act of trace memory was pretty passive and texty, but who knew they would just take off from there and explore HITHERTO UNIMAGINED WORLDS OF PURE FUCKING TEXT

Top Bottom