• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

neo2046

20awcw1.jpg

160564g.jpg

2utoql2.jpg

After watching all the videos from this event, I think:

Good:
Touch Memory Wii
Sin and Punishment 2 Wii
Mairo and Luigi 3

Bad:
DSi
Punch Out Wii
Storage solution (like the solution, don't like Nintendo's incompetence)

Decent conference.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Metroid Prime 1, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Mario Tennis all being wiimoted for wii?? AWESOME. Thanks Famitsu!

HOLY FUCK PUNCH OUT!!!!!

Finally, god fucking dammit. I've wanted this from the day I bought the Wii.

YES!!!!! Mosted wanted game of 09 already and it will NOT be toppled. Not by Uncharted, not by RE5, not by Halo, not by ANYTHING.

Wizpig said:

It looks bad. It looks like that shitty EA boxing game that came out, except from a different perspective. The gameplay could still be like the NES Punch Out game with these new lame graphics. Maybe later info will come out that will change my mind, but after seeing this and then reading it is made by Artoon...it was like finding that missing puzzle piece.

Dascu said:

Thanks. Both look good, though I'm particularly intrigued by that Spawn Smash game...

supanbreak.jpg

supanboss.jpg

Looks cool.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1218549_1124.html

This link mentions Nintendo (with some screens) redoing Metroid Prime 1, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and Mario Tennis for Wii. 16 9 and Wii mote looks like.

notsureifiwant.jpg

Though I'd gladly buy Jungle Beat, as I've never played it, and I'm too lazy to look for bongos.
...Oh, and maybe the Prime games, because I'm such a whore for these..

The new DSi it's a dissapointment, same design? just slightly thinner? no GBA slot? Fuck you Nintendo..., still I'll bite, because I don't have a Lite and my phatDS need a retirement.

The new FFCC for DS looks cool, finally online, that's was the main reason I passed the first one on DS...

Wii lame, lame storage solution, but it's Nintendo, we knew beforehand that the will put something like this.

Sin & Punishment 2, Another Code 2 and the Wiimake re-releases are cool..., but not what I was expecting...., a lot of meh games there...

farnham

Banned
Linkzg said:
It looks bad. It looks like that shitty EA boxing game that came out, except from a different perspective. The gameplay could still be like the NES Punch Out game with these new lame graphics. Maybe later info will come out that will change my mind, but after seeing this and then reading it is made by Artoon...it was like finding that missing puzzle piece.
artoon is doing a lot better these days

Blue dragon and Yoshis Island DS are both games not to be ashamed of unlike Blinx

Guled

like the DS line up, don't really care for the new DSi. But its surprising that they would include a SD slot if they trying to protect themselves from piracy, they making it easier now

tabsina

Shikamaru Ninja said:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1218549_1124.html

This link mentions Nintendo (with some screens) redoing Metroid Prime 1, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and Mario Tennis for Wii. 16 9 and Wii mote looks like.
i just translated the text around them with google, and it translates to
■ Manufacturer: Nintendo ■ Release Date: ■ 2009 Price: TBA

where did you get that from? or are you basing it on the stretched pikmin/DK screenshot?

Dascu

tabsina said:
i just translated the text around them with google, and it translates to
■ Manufacturer: Nintendo ■ Release Date: ■ 2009 Price: TBA

where did you get that from? or are you basing it on the stretched pikmin/DK screenshot?
He's probably basing it on the DK shot with the wiimote controls on it.

Mantorok

Vic said:
Prime 1 with Wii controls? nom nom nom!

I've always wanted to replay Prime 1 but never bothered because Prime 3's controls are far superior and I couldn't go back.

I will probably bite on this, especially Pikmin 2 because I never got it for the GC.

jgwhiteus

Nuclear Muffin said:
Sigh, looks like Nintendo really are out of ideas then :(

They're not running out of ideas to make money, though (naturally)

Extremely cheap to port if difference is only controls, addresses a common complaint among some fans ("wish I could play that with Wii controls"), provides a bit of filler content for more traditional gamers while waiting for newer Wii games, and potentially introduces the franchises to those who've never owned a Gamecube (like myself), especially Pikmin, in case Wii sequels follow. No-lose proposition for Nintendo.

Plus, to be honest, if a new Mario Tennis were released for the Wii...would it really be that different from Mario Tennis for GC, but with Wiimote controls in any case? I guess they could have added online to that one, though, and tried to go the Mario Kart Wii route...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
God damn coverage of this thing was poor. All of the original translations except IGN translated the GCN ports as being absolutely just ports with no Wii functionality. Apparently this is incorrect and there is Wii functionality.

There was a major confusion over whether or not there was a second touch screen. There was a major confusion over whether or not the App Store meant a VC. There was a major confusion when the trailer reels rolled and Gemaga only listed a few games despite there being at least a dozen announcements.

tabsina

Dascu said:
He's probably basing it on the DK shot with the wiimote controls on it.
complete missed that......... awesome

having not bought Prime 1+2 or Pikmin 1+2 yet.. all i can say is: awesome.. what are the chance that the only games left on my GC "to buy" list are right there :D

farnham

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Sigh, looks like Nintendo really are out of ideas then :(
no

there are a lot of people that are new to the nintendo systems with the Wii

the gamecube was not as successful as the wii but had a lot of good software

its just logical to port over some of their old games to introduce those people to the nintendo franchises

farnham said:
artoon is doing a lot better these days

Blue dragon and Yoshis Island DS are both games not to be ashamed of unlike Blinx

They are games to be ashamed of maybe, YIDS wasn't great and they still put out games like Vampire Rain.

legend166

As long as they're not wasting too many resources on the Wiimakes, I don't mind. If all Retro were doing for the last year was putting Wii controls into MP1 + 2, yeah I'd be pissed. But I can't imagine that's the case.

Stumpokapow said:
God damn coverage of this thing was poor. All of the original translations except IGN translated the GCN ports as being absolutely just ports with no Wii functionality. Apparently this is incorrect and there is Wii functionality.

There was a major confusion over whether or not there was a second touch screen. There was a major confusion over whether or not the App Store meant a VC. There was a major confusion when the trailer reels rolled and Gemaga only listed a few games despite there being at least a dozen announcements.

Well, the NA one should be better. Hope they announce some localizations.

farnham

Banned
TheBranca18 said:
Too bad for us gamers...
no too bad for gamers that dont appreciate the Gamecube... or already had a gamecube and bought all those games (like me)

Stumpokapow said:

In case you missed

the enthusiast press does not care about nintendo.. they just point at them and laugh their asses off..

Top Bottom