• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ivysaur12 said:
Do we have any information besides the developers on

Kensax
Spawn Smasher
Takt of Magic
Line Attack Heroes
It's all in that Game Watch article I linked to with the screens.

Kensax - Shift
Spawn Smasher - Artoon
Takt of Magic - Taito (Garakuta Studio?)
Line Attack Heroes - GREZZO (Koichi Ishii company)

Retrofluxed

Hopefully these re-releases do well so Nintendo will redo Wind Waker with Wii controls (and maybe, just maybe, add in the cut dungeons). A Director's Cut so to speak. I would die a happy man if that happened.

goat said:
Hopefully these re-releases do well so Nintendo will redo Wind Waker with Wii controls (and maybe, just maybe, add in the cut dungeons). A Director's Cut so to speak. I would die a happy man if that happened.

Nintendo must listen to this man.

hEist

tabsina said:
apparently 12hrs after japan conference.. so my guess is 12:30am japan time, 2:30am melbourne time, convert that to your own timezone (if i'm right, that is :p )

6:30pm Europe? thats in 2 hours :>

Ydahs

tabsina said:
apparently 12hrs after japan conference.. so my guess is 12:30am japan time, 2:30am melbourne time, convert that to your own timezone (if i'm right, that is :p )
2:30? No way am I staying up :)

3D Picross looks really great, wouldn't have thought it could translate well into 3D space if someone would've suggested something like that.

neo2046 said:
Whoa :D . Hopefully it plays just as nice.

TheBranca18 said:
Too bad for us gamers...
I guess you really don't like Wipeout HD either then. Great games getting remade and adding stuff that makes sense is only good for gamers - see RE4 Wii.

Stormbringer said:
Yep, Gpara says you can not only draw pictures to use in microgames, but also make your own music, and set up the games' rules. Mario Paint inheritor confirmed :D .
That is simply awesome!

Spiegel

Phife Dawg said:
I guess you really don't like Wipeout HD either then. Great games getting remade and adding stuff that makes sense is only good for gamers - see RE4 Wii.

Wipeout HD is nothing like these "Wiimakes"

Gagaman

Does anyone else remember when Nintendo stated they wanted to do Gamecube ports ages ago? It was in an interviews possibly way back in 2006. Can't say I remember excatly where, but I do recall it.

Now what we really need from that series is F-Zero GX with widescreen, 480p (in PAL land) and online rankings/play. That would be glorious and all that we need for a perfect F-Zero game (except maybe the 64DD track creator too).

Gagaman said:
Does anyone else remember when Nintendo stated they wanted to do Gamecube ports ages ago? It was in an interviews possibly way back in 2006. Can't say I remember excatly where, but I do recall it.
Yeah. Surprised it's happening only after two years. It would seem nearer launch would be the time to pad out the lineup. I can also see the point that by this time Wii is in the hands of a shitton of non-GCN owners, though.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Gagaman said:

Now what we really need from that series is F-Zero GX with widescreen, 480p (in PAL land) and online rankings/play. That would be glorious and all that we need for a perfect F-Zero game (except maybe the 64DD track creator too).
Can you imagine trying to play F-Zero GX with Wiimote controls? Do you expect to ever pass the story mode? :lol

Would kill for a Wind Waker re-release with Wiimote controls and some of the retarded side quests removed (and maybe add those 2 dungeons Miyamoto wanted to put in but they ran out of time)

and maybe give Link a waverace jetski to get around the map

Gino

neo2046 said:
20awcw1.jpg

160564g.jpg

2utoql2.jpg

This is gonna be awesome. I wonder if they will charge full price for it.

Gagaman

JohnTinker said:
Can you imagine trying to play F-Zero GX with Wiimote controls? Do you expect to ever pass the story mode? :lol
Who said they'd have to remove Gamecube controller compatibility?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Just heard the news and saw pics of Sin and Punishment 2... soooo happy to see it, the original is one of my favorite games of all time! The rest of the conference is fairly disappointing, I'm not too fond of how Punch Out's looking so far but we shall see. And I was hoping for a new Kid Icarus :(

But when it comes to Nintendo, beggars can't be choosers.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Should we make a new thread for the North American conference? Just to avoid "IS THIS POSTED YET!?" type situations over and over in this thread

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So, JPN conference over and American one coming? No Kid Icarus yet? Punch Out Wii... FUCK YEAH!!

MH3 looks fucking awesome. DSi was a disappointment to me, they are splitting the market once more like in the GB/GBC era. I think they should have stuck with the same "model".

Wii Space solution? :lol SD cards!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just waiting for the news from the NoA conference that Mother 3 is being localized, just in time to screw the fan translation that has been in the works for a year.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
EvilMario said:
Just waiting for the news from the NoA conference that Mother 3 is being localized, just in time to screw the fan translation that has been in the works for a year.
Watch it be shown as an example of DS Ware

RJT

I hope no one is expecting megatons from the American conference. Maybe a few unannounced third party games, but that's it.

Shoogoo

goat said:

I couldn't agree more with this. And what about Metroid Prime 1 & 2?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
RJT said:
I hope no one is expecting megatons from the American conference. Maybe a few unannounced third party games, but that's it.
I think we're more or less just anticipating a possible look at a release schedule for next year and maybe things for the remaining of this year. That, and price/date for DS-i

duckroll

ivysaur12 said:
Do we have any information besides the developers on

Kensax
Spawn Smasher
Takt of Magic
Line Attack Heroes

Takt of Magic (Magic Wand) is a RTS. You use the wiimote to draw magic signs with the magic wand to aid the troops, but you also use a cursor to control them, etc. Mission based.

Line Attack Heroes is an action game where you defeat heroes and get them to join your line which grows longer and longer and can then be used to clear obstacles and stuff to beat the stages.

Kensax is some multiplayer competitive game that is based on "internet search" as a theme, and uses word play. It says something about choosing words that have the most hits online, and hence having more attack power to beat your opponents. Up to 4 players can join in the fun at the same time, and you can play it even without internet connectivity.

Spawn Smasher is an action game where you use the wiimote to control the character to smash boxes and stuff all over the stages. Up to 4 players can join in for multiplayer as well.

Gino

cw_sasuke said:
Why shouldn`t they ?

Punchout is a pretty simple game compared to what people charge 50 dollars for now a days. Unless they are adding a bunch it will feel a little weird paying 50 dollars for what, at least from screen shots, looks just like the SNES game with updated graphics.

Cygnus X-1

Jonnyram said:
Pedometer is a separate device that was leaked in European news recently, but I think it's wireless?

Mario & Luigi 3!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This was unexpected. Cannot wait !

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
EvilMario said:
They're getting rid of the GBA slot. What would they release it on?

Top Bottom