• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official October 2008 NPD Results

Baron

We can't let this NPD thread die just yet.

Pachter?

michaelpachter_small.jpg

RBH

Hopefully, we'll get some HW numbers in regards to Black Friday this year. I believe we got some numbers for Black Friday last year? (Or I may just be imagining things)

Mindlog

Nice chart. I wonder how much the 'glut' of TVs will really to have to be discounted due to 'softening' demand.

Really all the holiday numbers are going to be interesting no matter what happens.

unless they are boring

i hate cats

andthebeatgoeson

RBH said:
Hopefully, we'll get some HW numbers in regards to Black Friday this year. I believe we got some numbers for Black Friday last year? (Or I may just be imagining things)
I remember getting Black Friday Numbers the year Wii and PS3 launched. I can't remember last year.

Sony associate producer Eric Fong said:
"Our target audience is everyone."

It's going to be a hardware seller. Not only do you have the platforming experience that a lot of other games will have, you have this creativity that really is exclusive to LittleBigPlanet.

Just so we are clear on what is spin and what expectations were for LBP as late as the beginning of August.

From gamesindustry.biz.

[edit] heh the 8th month is not October no matter how much I want it to be.

AniHawk

yoopoo said:
Wii and 360 are going to post monster numbers this and next month.

CR_blackfriday_4.jpg

I might buy a PS3 if it's on sale for around $300. Valkyria Chronicles is calling to me.

Also, I'd love to play Ratchet & Clank and the third good PS3 game so far.

justchris

DeaconKnowledge said:
DMA Design was good (Space Station Silicon Valley was apparently a precursor to the greatness that was GTA) but their efforts went largely unnoticed.

They should make another one of those. So much bettr than GTA in structure, but with a similar premise.

Darkpen

Banned
shykyoichi said:
There is NO recession.
no, there is, its just that people are shopping for products (mostly of entertainment value) to help comfort themselves instead of cashing out for a plane ticket to vacation elsewhere.

botticus

RBH said:
If they're really good we might:
In the first week of the 2007 holiday shopping season, Nintendo of America has sold more Nintendo products than at any other time in its history. This includes more than 653,000 Nintendo DS™ portable video game systems, 350,000 Wii™ home systems and millions of games and accessories throughout the United States - and the season is just getting started.

Darkpen said:
no, there is, its just that people are shopping for products (mostly of entertainment value) to help comfort themselves instead of cashing out for a plane ticket to vacation elsewhere.

Well, the increase in the sold value of the gaming industry seems to point out that it isn't affected by recession, if there is one.

Top Bottom