• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PES Twiter: " you can expect to see PES 2015 on your PS4"

Liamario

Banned
screenshot_2014-01-0933bew.png
What's your point?

Jack cw

The quality of Konami games went downhill when they decided to put games on Microsofts machine.

Kojima wasn't too happy was he?

LOL, what does porting have to do with gamedesign in the first place?
Kojima was rather unhappy with how PS3 turned out to be. A complicated mess to programm for and he was lied about the true power of the system. The downgrade from the 2005 reveal trailer to the final product in 2008 was huge. Silent Hill went down the shitter after the Room and sufferend from lack of creativity and vision. The canning of Team Silent was the reason this series died. PES on the other hand didnt mange the transition to next gen. Old mechanics, bullshit Konami ID, broken online and a very conservative gamedesigner like Seabass made it rather easy for FIFA. Castlevania managed to become relevant again with a western developer and Rising is a great game, so NO, multiplatform development had nothing to do with Konamis current state.

zhao3gold

Banned
Kojima was rather unhappy with how PS3 turned out to be. A complicated mess to programm for and he was lied about the true power of the system. The downgrade from the 2005 reveal trailer to the final product in 2008 was huge. Silent Hill went down the shitter after the Room and sufferend from lack of creativity and vision. The canning of Team Silent was the reason this series died. PES on the other hand didnt mange the transition to next gen. Old mechanics, bullshit Konami ID, broken online and a very conservative gamedesigner like Seabass made it rather easy for FIFA. Castlevania managed to become relevant again with a western developer and Rising is a great game, so NO, multiplatform development had nothing to do with Konamis current state.

Pretty this~!!!!

rvy

Banned
This and the fact that producing an engine costs immense R&D money, so that investment needs to be profitable. Metal Gear, Castlevania and PES need to be multiplatform.

But I think Konami Japan better outsource PES to a European studio, that might be the way to come back.

I'd much rather see what the team does in their 2nd year after the new engine. PES 2014 is already impressive enough in terms of tech, they just need to work on AI (especially GK AI) and improve cursor changing by a country mile. And greatly improve BAL and their online infrastructure. Other than those, I'm fairly happy with 2014.
The European studio should really focus on improving the game's presentation, commentary, UI and explain to the Japanese studio why BAL is boring and how to improve it.

You can see at which point they ran out of resources. BAL is rushed as rushed can be.

As far as 2k goes, I'm all for a new football game on the market. I'm tired of this duality. FIFA is absolutely garbage for me, I can't play it since FIFA 13. Other than PES 2014, I find that all of their games this gen are so outdated in terms of tech that I can't enjoy them.

I doubt Visual Concepts has the resources to make a football game along with their NBA 2K series. Which is sad because NBA 2K14 stands as one of my favorite sports game ever, even with all the online issues and VC issues because of their shit servers.

Hopefully Sony comes back with TIF, considering how amazing MLB: The Show is.

A new Football Kingdom is out of the question, but I'd love that.

Seabass has since taken a more conservative role since PES 2013 too. Do you know what was the best version of PES during the gen? The Wii version, with the classic controller.

Jack cw

Sorry but 2k has been making shit games for a while too

Their sports games, especially NBA2k are the best sports experiences in videogames. I'am pretty sure, that they will replace Yukes and deliver a new and fresh WWE game too. I would see Konami being so enthusiastic with their PES IP as 2k is with their NBA one. THey handle physics, flow of the game and tech in such a great way.

LegoArmo

EA developed an entirely new engine for the next generation. Their team is just much larger, and has much more money behind them. They're the cutting edge of sports video games development, motion capture, facial scanning, 100s of hard working Canadian blokes. Not to mention EA shares their tech amongst all their sports games. I feel like the FIFA team is leading the way with that though.

Almost impossible for Konami to catch up at this point, they need to get back to the basics.

rvy

Banned
EA developed an entirely new engine for the next generation.

Have they? Because nobody has seen it in action. "Ignite" is nothing more than a new trademark. FIFA 14 does not use a new engine. Nor does Madden. And NBA Live, the game that was supposed to use it and was developed strictly for next gen, is absolute garbage.

Jack cw

Have they? Because nobody has seen it in action. "Ignite" is nothing more than a new trademark. FIFA 14 does not use a new engine. Nor does Madden. And NBA Live, the game that was supposed to use it and was developed strictly for next gen, is absolute garbage.
I'm with rvy here. While I see some improvements in animations, physics and lighting, the whole framework is based on the old engine with all its assets. Konami build a new one from ground up with Fox and I really love it. Tech wise on PC, i havent seen a more beautiful and realistic football game than PES14.

rvy

Banned
Fifa just looks sharper and has 3D crowds on PS4, that's it!

There's also ballboys and very exaggerated cloth physics. Nothing about FIFA 14 looks NG though, it's not even close to NBA 2k14. The immersion breaks as soon as you see the Pixar-like character models and how badly they are animated.

There's also ballboys and very exaggerated cloth physics. Nothing about FIFA 14 looks NG though, it's not even close to NBA 2k14. The immersion breaks as soon as you see the Pixar-like character models and how badly they are animated.

It is satisfactory for this year, but I expect a MAJOR improvement for Fifa 15.

rvy

Banned
It is satisfactory for this year, but I expect a MAJOR improvement for Fifa 15.

It took them 3 releases on last gen to get a new engine and make a proper football game, which they ruined as soon as possible, so I wouldn't expect anything until 2016.
Especially since they are the clear market/metacritic leader now and people are more than happy to pay for a new title just to play with their friends. And their NA userbase is also growing by leaps and bounds.

LegoArmo

Sorry, I meant the last... next generation, for FIFA 07. That helped put it above Pro Evolution Soccer once they added to and perfected it.

To me, it was better from FIFA 08 onwards.

FIFA 14 on the PlayStation 4 just has a shiny new coat of paint, I hate that game, but it's a fair first effort.

bigol

KONAMI doesn't give Pes Team enough resources to build a complete game

In one of the recents interviews they said Fox Engine first game was very expensive

http://prankster101.com/articles/pes-2014-interview-with-naoya-hatsumi-and-manorito-hosoda/

They simply cannot compete with EA,not because KONAMI doesn't have the money but because KONAMI gives limited resources to the team.

We can only hope that Pes team in London will help the Japanese Team to develop Pes 2015but as faras i know they are being used just for football cultural content, not as developers , it's a waste of money.

rvy

Banned
Sorry, I meant the last... next generation, for FIFA 07. That helped put it above Pro Evolution Soccer once they added to and perfected it.

To me, it was better from FIFA 08 onwards.

Oh, yes. Definitely. FIFA 08 and and EURO 2008 are probably my favorite football games last gen. You could see in how much deep shit Konami were as soon as you saw players properly plant their feet on the ground and move like real players. FIFA 09 was the one I played the most, but the animation quality started going downhill.

Jack cw

KONAMI doesn't give Pes Team enough resources to build a complete game

In one of the recents interviews they said Fox Engine first game was very expensive

http://prankster101.com/articles/pes-2014-interview-with-naoya-hatsumi-and-manorito-hosoda/

They simply cannot compete with EA,not because KONAMI doesn't have the money but because KONAMI gives limited resources to the team.

We can only hope that Pes team in London will help the Japanese Team to develop Pes 2015but as faras i know they are being used just for football cultural content, not as developers , it's a waste of money.

It doesnt need to compete with FIFA right now. All it needs is to get a positive word of mouth back to win some lost fans back. Forget about all the 13 year old FIFA kids, its a lost cause, just like CoD. If they manage to achieve a game that really surpasses FIFA, it will slowly be something that has enough appeal to stand out and be the game for football fans. Right now, there is simply nothing that Konami could do to rival FIFA, unless they get the FIFA licence but that is as rvy said impossible.

Maybe the shitload of new animations which influence gameplay are exclusive to my PS4 copy then.

Don't want this topic to get sidetracked, but the so called animation improvements only slow the response time even more, which is painfully obvious when playing online! A joke of a game, and I hope Konami get their act together!

We need a top football game!

bigol

It doesnt need to compete with FIFA right now. All it needs is to get a positive word of mouth back to win some lost fans back. Forget about all the 13 year old FIFA kids, its a lost cause, just like CoD. If they manage to achieve a game that really surpasses FIFA, it will slowly be something that has enough appeal to stand out and be the game for football fans. Right now, there is simply nothing that Konami could do to rival FIFA, unless they get the FIFA licence but that is as rvy said impossible.

What do you think Fifa does so much better than Pes right now?

bigol

Online.

They also managed to make a monetized version of the Master League and be extremely successful with it.

I agree about online but in case KONAMI decides to make Master Online with money they will lose the few remaining customers

rvy

Banned
I agree about online but in case KONAMI decides to make Master Online with money they will lose the few remaining customers

I'm not saying that they should make a game mode similar to that, just what I think that EA has done well for themselves. FUT is an actual thing now, probably the most played FIFA game mode. Konami would have never been able to make something like FUT, they're fucking morons. And the games have sucked for almost 1 years too.

Jack cw

What do you think Fifa does so much better than Pes right now?

Online.

They also managed to make a monetized version of the Master League and be extremely successful with it.

This and the marketing. EA has a somewhat higher marketing budget. Even with UEFA licnence in PES, FIFA the game is advertised in every fucking football related show or game, and they are clever in marketing this game to teenagers, they have such an immense buying power. FIFA might not be the better football game but it is by far the better product.

Hubble

FIFA14 is terrible but pro clubs and ultimate team are still unmatchable that despite how bad the game is, it makes it good and addicting. Hoping PES can bring these features.

bigol

I'm not saying that they should make a game mode similar to that, just what I think that EA has done well for themselves. FUT is an actual thing now, probably the most played FIFA game mode. Konami would never been able to make something like FUT, they're fucking morons. And the games have sucked for almost 1 years too.

I'm trying to play MLO but it's so boring right now. Lag in every match, no sense of achievement, no divisions.
Besides, Pes gameplay online has always been a dumbed down version of Pes offline gameplay. Japanese developers and online don't mix well.

Crub

PES Series went downhill as soon as they decided to go Multiplatform.

If they stay PS4 only I will support the franchise and expect it to top Fifa within 2 years.

What an ignorant view. PES hasn't been Sony exclusive since the very first game. Stop your blatant fanboyism.

rvy

Banned
What an ignorant view. PES hasn't been Sony exclusive since the very first game. Stop your blatant fanboyism.

It has, actually. ISS Pro games were exclusive to PlayStation.
ISS was not however, but they are two different series.

ISS Pro (or PES, whatever) was developed by Tokyo. ISS was mainly developed by Osaka.

Hubble

The problem with PES is it never adopted social features and that's being common in today's interconnected world

No I am not! It marked the end of quality and the beginning of averageness for the series. Stick to Sony or suffer the consequences Konami.

Yes you are. How did PES 4 and 5 mark the end being so highly rated? And what about PC? A terrific mod community there possibly gone.

I fucking hate "gamers" like you

Yes you are. How did PES 4 and 5 mark the end being so highly rated? And what about PC? A terrific mod community there possibly gone.

I fucking hate "gamers" like you

Thanks, do you think I give a shit?

Konami were doing well until they decided to develop on Microsoft's machine. The same has happened to Square and Capcom - all gone down the shitter for supporting Microsoft.

Chobel

Konami were doing well until they decided to develop on Microsoft's machine. The same has happened to Square and Capcom - all gone down the shitter for supporting Microsoft.

I'm not sure the bolded part is true. And even if it's true, correlation does not imply causation.

rvy

Banned

Those things are not related in the least. Capcom went down the shitter because the vast majority of their talent left and they can't get away with mismanagement like they used to. Square went down the shitter because a lot of their talent left and they named a moron for CEO. Konami went down the shitter because they didn't have the foresight to understand that they needed a new proprietary multiplatforn engine at the start of last gen and proceeded to drive most of their properties to the ground with mismanagement.

PES being multiplatform has nothing to do with its quality.

Of course you don't give a shit. You talk rubbish. You keep ignoring PES 4/5/6 which were all developed on a "Microsoft" machine and PC and received critical acclaim.

bigol

Sorry but you are wrong, Microsoft has nothing to do with it.

Hubble

Truly the new "Square just shot themselves in the foot."

That's far from being its main problem.

Um no, FIFA is one of the most played and popular games online on consoles worldwide period. And that's because of its social features of people playing online together in pro clubs (where you compete in divisions and can get promoted where everyone is one guy only and levels up in a RPG way based on what accomplishments they achieve, your truly on a football club together), ultimate team, cooperative seasons, 2v2 lobbies, game lobbies, etc., etc. FIFA has become ever more popular than ever before including in sales compared to five years ago by being more social.

rvy

Banned
Um no, FIFA is one of the most played and popular games online on consoles worldwide period. And that's because of its social features of people playing online together in pro clubs (where you compete in divisions and can get promoted where everyone is one guy only and levels up in a RPG way based on what accomplishments they achieve), ultimate team, cooperative seasons, 2v2 lobbies, etc., etc. FIFA has become ever more popular than ever before including in sales compared to five years ago.

PES could have all the social modes that you can dream of, the game was absolute shit for almost a decade. Who wants to play a shit game because it has social features?
Your rationale makes zero sense.

Hubble

PES could have all the social modes that you can dream of, the game was absolute shit for almost a decade. Who wants to play a shit game because it has social features?
Your rationale makes zero sense.

I never said PES was a good game quality wise?? But pointed out additional MAJOR flaws in its titles that are extremely important in today's online world where many people play sports games online together now whether thats golf, football, etc.

Wow!!

This thread has some full on Sony fans boys.

I am actually laughing at the kids who thinks this will be a PS4 exclusive. You have set yourself up for a big disappointment.

Also this theory that PES went downhill because they developed PES on 360 and Wii is pathetic.

Winning Eleven 6: final evolution was amazing and that was not Sony exclusive. My gamecube version is brilliant.

Winning eleven went downhill because sebass was stuck in his ways and don't embrace new technology.

He is the reason PES went downhill. Blaming it on multi-platform releases is fan Boy love going way too far.

Jibbed

I couldn't care less for PES but every time I scroll past this thread, the 'Twiter' typo in the title drives me nuts. Please for the love of god if there are any mods out there reading this, add another 't'.

Top Bottom