• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PES Twiter: " you can expect to see PES 2015 on your PS4"

Elchele

It is time for SEGA to save us with a proper football game.

Sega_Soccer_Slam_Coverart.png

Better physics than FIFA 14

You are implying that it's destined to come out for the Xbox One even if Konami themselves don't even know yet if it's a viable decision for them. (Hence the "no information yet" comment)

Pure Speculation!! All Konami said was no information on Xbox One and Wii U at the moment.

Kimppis

Konami were doing well until they decided to develop on Microsoft's machine. The same has happened to Square and Capcom - all gone down the shitter for supporting Microsoft.

Wtf am I reading... That doesn't make any sense. 360 is the machine that's easier to develop for. So shouldn't you blame the mess that was PS3? And no, I don't think it was PS3's "fault", what happened to Konami, SE and Capcom (whatever that is). Or are you saying that because of Microsoft, their games (PES in this case) got dumbed down, or something. Why? Nice conspiracy.

I've never cared about PES myself. Never played the PS2 and I refuse to believe that they (PES 3-6 or whatever...) can compete with modern FIFA games. It's just nostalgia. Current/previous-gen PES demos were horrible, though, expect the few latest ones.

I don't think PES 2015 will be a PS4/Sony exclusive. Why would it be?

Nevertheless, it will be interesting how "next-gen" it's gonna feel and look. I tried FIFA 2014 demo on my PS4 and it's ok, but this year they have to show something impressive. Those facial animations are still horrible.

LegoArmo

There was a football game on the PlayStation 1 that had cheat codes to unlock lots and lots of different and cool teams, like the Busby Babes. Which was that? Actua Soccer?

Huh? PES was never on the original Xbox.

Yes it was. I think it might have had the first online PES too, with 4.

OneUh8

Cool I guess. If they don't get the official licensing, then I still won't buy it. That kinda kills it for me, even if it plays better than FIFA.

Jack cw

Cool I guess. If they don't get the official licensing, then I still won't buy it. That kinda kills it for me, even if it plays better than FIFA.

This is something that will unfortuantely never happen in PES unless they aquire the FIFA licenece which is impossible due to the money EA has. The only chance is to either get a patch for the PC version made by the community or edited kits, names, logos and rosters as option data for the consoles. It takes a few minutes of work but the overall game is much more authentic.

tanuki

PES14 was an absolute travesty on the PS3, the button lag due to uninterruptible animations was ridiculous. Terrible framerate too, especially on replays.

I'm loving FIFA 14 on the PS4, it's a little bit fast, but it has exciting attacking football and the broadcast camera is beautiful. Best football game in years, maybe since the World Cup game. It's gonna take a huge effort from Konami to make me switch again. The entirety of the PS3 generation was terrible for PES. They need to to back and figure out what was so good about the PS2 games and make a next gen version. How hard can it be?

Bumhead

Banned
Unless you insist on only playing online then the lack of licenses shouldn't be a factor in playing PES. The PES community has been "fixing" the games for over 10 years now and the kits, players etc are completely authentic once they're finished.

rvy

Banned
Viva Football was another terrible one. Outside of ISS Pro, the only decent football game on the PS days was This is Football.

Fortunately, there were a lot of games though, unlike today. UEFA Challenge. UEFA Striker, Adidas Power Soccer, Libero Grande and the ones mentioned previously.

We never got it here in the US which kind of sucks.

Yes, you did. WTF.

tanuki

I don't know who Konami got to do those PES covers during the PS2/Xbox era, but they paid them too much. So bad.

jonnyp

Searched and found nothing, make me never want to make a topic if old..

pes2015tronx.png

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/420872426105233408

They don't have any information about a Xbox One release but "will keep us informed" F2P incoming?

Twiter? Is that Konami's new online system where you need to log in with a shitty Konami ID? :p

Seriously though, I love PES2014 on PC, but it does feel rushed and some glaring shit that's been there for several years has still not been fixed.

Like, after every cleared cross or corner, if a team mate receives the ball outside the box, he'll try to shoot first-time on the volley. How hard can it be to program the player to not do every single time?

Keepers need to be fixed,

BAL mode is still a joke where your player has the stamina of a 5 year old, and no matter how good you play, how many goals you score, how much you assist, you'll be substituted midway through the second half.

Or if your form is negative, even though you're top scorer and assister, you can be left out of the squad 4+ games in a row.

I was voted world player of the year and the club didn't offer me a contract renewal!

One game I scored 4 goals and assisted 2 and got an 8 rating. What the fuck do you have to do to get a 9 or 10 rating???

It's just basic shit that should've been sorted long ago.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
It's open season this year for me.

I think FIFA 14 is a massive backwards step and probably the worst one since pre-2009, so I'm completely open minded going into this year.

I think this is a exaggeration as next gen FIFA continues to move forward by fixing some legacy issues without completely breaking too much stuff. But yeah, FIFA is getting stale and they most certainly didn't add anything to entice people to stick around. I'm very interested in seeing how the PES series breaks in that fancy new engine of theirs over the next couple years.

Their sports games, especially NBA2k are the best sports experiences in videogames. I'am pretty sure, that they will replace Yukes and deliver a new and fresh WWE game too. I would see Konami being so enthusiastic with their PES IP as 2k is with their NBA one. THey handle physics, flow of the game and tech in such a great way.

NBA 2k has pretty crappy tech. There's no motion synthesis to speak of in it which is now a standard in most sports games. There's just 2k and MLB The Show left and The Show doesn't need it due to the nature of baseball. We like 2k for the art and design, not for the tech. Also every other sports game 2k has put out since NFL 2k5 that is not College Hoops 2k8 is ass. Pure, uncut ass.

Gazkapop

Completely agree with those saying that PES 14 ran like a game designed for next gen. I feel like I do this every year but I'm cautiously optimistic that 15 can be great. Even if they aren't even really competing with EA at the moment, KONAMI knows that they can't afford to get off to another awful start this generation like they did with the jump for PS2 to 360/PS3.

I haven't played next-gen PS4 yet but from what I've seen and heard it does just look like an slightly better looking version of the 360/PS3 game with a few new animations here and there. And given how poor that game is (IMO) with the insanely OP lobbed through balls and defensive AI that has been close to broken for about the last five years now, this could be the chance for Pro Evo to make some of the ground back up.

Angelcurio

This definitely was a wasted opportunity. Even if the game wasn't going to be profitable, it should have at least been ported to next-gen at least as a future investment to create mindshare on the next gen consoles. BF4 sadly was a huge mess when it released, but what they tried to do was to create the mindshare on the early adopters, to later see if they could leapfrog Call of Duty.

A new console generation is the perfect time for users to try new games, so they definitely had to be there, especially with the incredible reception that both the PS4 and Xbox One have received since their release.

TsuWave

Care to explain why?

mind i go into every fifa knowing there's a learning curve but this game is just a mess

it feels horrible, the UI is a mess, servers still not sorted and the game's been out since september

the gk's do nothing, almost every header after a half decent cross is a guaranteed goal, ball control and first touch are atrocious regardless of the player's skill level, and those annoying "emails" in career mode that have to be deleted one at a time

i also hate that they mapped that switching to goalkeeper to the touchpad so if you accidentally press it, yeah, well

if you need more reasons check HERE most of those have some substance to it, at least in accordance with my experience, the game is awful

Liamario

Banned
You are implying that it's destined to come out for the Xbox One even if Konami themselves don't even know yet if it's a viable decision for them. (Hence the "no information yet" comment)

I've seen similar tweets before. I'd be extremely surprised if it wasn't coming to xbone.

bigol

http://www.xb1.co.uk/features/pes-2014-vs-fifa-14-online-modes-shootout/

This is a fair comparison of what makes Fifa online better than Pes

PES 2014 – One of the worst experiences to have ever appeared in a major videogame release The Xbox 360 version of PES 2014 requires a data pack download in order to function. However, this data pack was broken for the first month of the game’s availability, meaning players literally could not play online for over 30 days. This is inexcusable. It now works, and finding a game is easy enough, but with no options to filter by connection, many games are unplayably laggy, further sullying the experience.

PES 2014 Match Report – When it works, it’s often glorious, but it just doesn’t work. Not only was the game genuinely broken for an entire month, it is still rendered often unplayable by terrible netcode optimisation. There’s clearly a brilliant game of online football to be had here, but unless Konami works hard to fix it, it’s just never going to get off the bench. PES has always won hearts and minds with its gameplay, eschewing expensive trappings to ensure its on-pitch action was the best. Here, though, it’s unusable a lot of the time. Irritating, unacceptable and actually a little arrogant.

Top Bottom