• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Update 3.0 Thread of Clock/Battery Fix Hotness and Crotch-Grabbin' Win!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
b-b-b-but the current boot-up screen is so much classier :(

it shouldn't say "PS3" until I boot as PS3 game. whhhaaaaaaa

(totally serious you guys)

My reply as to finally figuring out what the problem with the clock is:

xS1TH L0RDx said:
Wait, that's what you guys have all been bitching about for forever? a 2 second wait to see what time it is?

...you people are fucking insane.

Carl

theluma said:
What I really want is some more statuses to be added. It's so stupid that there isn't an "away" status for when I'm downloading stuff.

Or even better, custom statuses.

Noone takes any notice anyway. Set yourself to "not available" and some dick will complain that you don't reply.

I want a "appear offline" one, so i can play online without being pestered by certain idiots...

androvsky

SamBishop said:
You are awesome. This is awesome. I laughed for about five minutes straight.

For people who don't listen to Podcast Beyond, he's probably understating the length of time he laughed uncontrollably. :lol

This week's podcast needs a dramatic reading of that paragraph by Clements.

Crisis

Banned
androvsky said:
For people who don't listen to Podcast Beyond, he's probably understating the length of time he laughed uncontrollably. :lol

I'd check out the podcast for that. :lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
androvsky said:

Yeah, he laughs a lot.

Hehehehe, awesome thread...

And here I was thinking only the slim gets the new boot up sequence.

Hopefully the occasional browser freezes are fixed?

Roto13

I was going to unhook my PS3 and hook up my Wii for a while (temporarily staying in a tiny room without space for both) but I guess I'll wait until tomorrow. :p

Carl

androvsky said:

I have no idea what you are talking about, so i'm going to go listen to BEYOND

Guy Legend

As much as people like to joke about the clock/battery problem as an endearing quality now, it was pretty damn annoying and a little puzzling that it's remained that way until now.

Bring on the update. Ready for some kind of refresh.

Tampinha

Teetris said:
Let's do this shit!

imnewy.gif
:lol :lol

Goldrusher said:
Welcome to NeoGAF, congratulations on your PS3 purchase. Be sure to check out the weekly PlayStation Store update threads.

I've posted in them enough, but never cared enough to ask what the wrestler talk was about.

I figured it was some weird PS3 GAF subculture thing that I didn't want to know about. From the title and the pic, I think I was right. :lol

What is it in reference to?

DMPrince said:
Hell Yeah :D

Awesome Image! :lol.

Come on guys. Let's try to find something wrong with the FW like the clock in 3.0 so we can bitch about it for FW 4.0!

I'd like them to fix it so that I don't have to manually adjust the sound settings from digital out to hdmi. It's a pain in the arse as I always forget and have to reload the god damn games or even more time consuming - blurays when I change the settings.

-x.Red.x- said:
Enjoy your clockblocking (LoL) for the last time gentlemen.

Posting from PS3 and hitting that home button every 10 seconds to get the time...

That's how I like you bitch... Nice and covered... Don't show yourself too soon! Battery icon all over my face!

Time to buy the slim and leave the firmware untouched on this one?

Mik2121

I hope they have a couple animated themes from the beginning.. though I might stick with the default wave and the sparks.. it looks pretty neat.

androvsky

gregor7777 said:
I've posted in them enough, but never cared enough to ask what the wrestler talk was about.

I figured it was some weird PS3 GAF subculture thing that I didn't want to know about. From the title and the pic, I think I was right. :lol

What is it in reference to?

According to legend (aka my foggy memory), the wrestlers were from a wrestling game demo that was expected that week. They were then snuck into the next week's banner hoping the demo would show up that week, and then it was quickly turned into a running gag.

The wrestling game demo never appeared. Dun-dun-duhhhhH!

Crisis

Banned
Hey everyone. When the firmware releases I'd like to request that after you sit and stare in amazement at the new animated background/backgrounds that you take a look for hidden stealth updates. There's a lot of changes already and there's a high probability of a handful of stealth updates being included as well. If you find any please report them in this thread. I'll add any that you find to the OP and credit you for it. Here are a few things that are not stealth updates:

• omg printers
  • web browser copy paste
  • white chat room

Top Bottom