• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Update 3.0 Thread of Clock/Battery Fix Hotness and Crotch-Grabbin' Win!

Isn't this update supposed to fix it so the system can automatically change between different audio outputs on its own? So I don't have to manually switch it between optical output and hdmi depending on which I'm using.

Phreak47

ChrisRT said:
I know what it is as of late but still. The flow in the background is already animated. What is the reason someone couldn't slap together a custom animation or a short video?

Hopefully these themes can be dissected so people can create homemade ones, even if Sony doesn't provide a tool themselves, and doesn't of course prevent homebrew themes. Since they hadn't prevented them before, I would hope they continue with that.

kuYuri

335f7vd.jpg

Rsx32

Neo Member
I'll let the you guys test this out before i jump in. It was like 2.4 or something where gaffers had bricked ps3's during the late night release. Can't risk this with a 60gb launch unit.

Flunkie

Banned
Rsx32 said:
I'll let the you guys test this out before i jump in. It was like 2.4 or something where gaffers had bricked ps3's during the late night release. Can't risk this with a 60gb launch unit.
this is my kind of thinker. yous all stupid if you dl this update

noah111

Still Alive
Rsx32 said:
It was never the FW that was the problem.. it was that there were too many people downloading it at once that some people got cut off, thus leaving them with a corrupt FW unable to start the system.

Just try to get on as early as possible before the amount of people downloading nears its peak and you should be fine..

DrPirate

Banned
Guardian Bob said:
Passing the time while watching a bluray..... How did we ever get through a generation without exciting firmware updates?! :D

I like it when my PS3/360 feels brand new again.

My Snes and PS1/N64 never felt "brand new"

I think firmware updates that change the GUI are cool.

Top Bottom