• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Update 3.0 Thread of Clock/Battery Fix Hotness and Crotch-Grabbin' Win!

Baha

Times like this I'm glad I bought the BD remote, so much easier to check if the update is live without turning my controller on every 10 mins.

Flunkie

Banned
sevenchaos said:
Seriously.
34pf510.gif

Massa

Baha said:
Times like this I'm glad I bought the BD remote, so much easier to check if the update is live without turning my controller on every 10 mins.

Or you could read GAF and turn on your PS3 when it's up like I'm doing. :lol

Baha

Massa said:
Or you could read GAF and turn on your PS3 when it's up like I'm doing. :lol

I prefer to leave my ps3 on, since I know everybody is going to jump on the update once its live.

Baha

brandonh83 said:
Good idea. Everyone should wait until someone downloads it first.

My PS3 is still under warranty (BestBuy extended warranty :D), it's a risk I'm willing to take.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone said Crotch Grabbing?

President Johnson is not amused by the fact his youtube hasn't been posted in this thread yet.

In any case, I want the LBP theme (hopefully it's free) and a decent avatar, if there isn't one I'm sticking with my 8-ball.

Battery/Clock fix is raptorjesuscamp.gif

ChrisRT

So the animated wallpaper isn't something we can just make or post? I've been waiting for 2 weeks and now this?

What the fuck man. I mean how hard is it? That was going to be the reason to hook up my PS3, now...

Massa

ChrisRT said:
So the animated wallpaper isn't something we can just make or post? I've been waiting for 2 weeks and now this?

What the fuck man. I mean how hard is it? That was going to be the reason to hook up my PS3, now...

It's not an animated wallpaper, it's a program written with the PS3 SDK.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Phreak47 said:
Oh, it will be fine... but I wonder, though: would I get banned if I posted a pic of my 3.0 XMB after dropping a load all over the screen?

Whywouldyoudothat.jpg?

DONOTWANT.jpg

nny

alr1ghtstart said:
Never Forget.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'll never connect my PS3 to the interwebs again, so it will keep having this feature, as well as the same orchestra-tuning sound when turned on.

Baha said:
My PS3 is still under warranty (BestBuy extended warranty :D), it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I kind of meant it as a joke because if EVERYONE waited until SOMEONE tries it... well yeah. :lol

But yeah, by all means! Personally I'm going to get it as soon as it's there.

ChrisRT

Massa said:
It's not an animated wallpaper, it's a program written with the PS3 SDK.

I know what it is as of late but still. The flow in the background is already animated. What is the reason someone couldn't slap together a custom animation or a short video?

Christopher

So this firmware does:

- Battery Fix
- New Start Up
- No more Playstation on game load up
- GLITTER
- Animated Backgrounds

...am I missing anything?

Crisis

Banned
Christopher said:
So this firmware does: