• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sept 2008 NPD Results

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
But I was promised last thread that Too Human was going to be a slow burn! It only had 20 days of NPD tracking!

THIS IS BULLSHIT! Recount.

edit: Successful EA games :Bow

RJT

FutureZombie said:
I'm beginning to suspect that MamaRobotnik is not an actual person, but rather an AI created solely to entertain.
Nintendo to license MamaRobotnik for Wii Laugh confirmed?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I thought 360 would be over 400K. PS3 didn't do as bad as I thought. I was thinking 170K or less. But it held its own against the 360 price cut.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Shit, Wii Fit and Mario Kart are monsters.

Wish Smash Bros. was selling that well. :(

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I just realized that even with the 360 price drop, the Wii still has a 100k lead over the HD twins combined.

CTLance

Man, when I cliked on this thread it was at 5 replies. Now my reply will surely turn up in the second or third page.

Anyway, Nintendomination as usual in hardware, and 360 sells software like mad. Poor Sony, they're really between a rock and a hard place with this.

jrricky

Banned
O_O at Wii Hardware and Software. 360 Software is great, hardware is a shame though when still not selling more than the Wii. How much was Wii Hardware last month? DS is still going strong so dont expect DSI for until fall of next year.

dyls

Looks like Nintendo is starting to get some serious stock out there. Both Wii and Wii Fit are higher than they've been in quite a while. Wii is going to crush this holiday.

goku3000

Mama Robotnik said:
npdcop1.gif
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Paracelsus

PS3 doubled the sales compared to September 2007, yet it didn't stand a chance against 360 price, no doubt about it.

PS2 MADDEN NFL 09 ELECTRONIC ARTS Aug-08 10 158K

...anybody got figures for IU and ToV? o_0

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
SnakeswithLasers said:
Yay, this again! --Always fucking up my OT time with 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
Yeah, I was wondering about that too :lol

Also holy shit wii 360 lol ps3 whatever yeah meh..

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Nintendo cleaned up on the hardware side again. And solid month for the 360, especially in software.

Frillen

dialmydrive said:
Star Wars: FO = 1.42Mil units combined across all platforms

Lego: BM = 544K units combined across all platforms

Where do you get the numbers from? And give us the breakdown of the LEGO Batman versions please!?

Ahh... this feels like the old NPD, with the fanboys getting in early and spinning the results. If you want to know what was expected, one way or another take a look at the analyst predictions and the prediction thread. :lol

Guy Legend

Not as big an onslaught for the XB360 over the PS3 as some may have predicted. Though even with a $200 arcade unit, can't touch the Wii.

Let's see what the XB360/PS3 difference is in October to better gauge the current situation.

DogWelder

DMeisterJ said:
PS3 did really good, I expected sub 200k

360 did okay, but I expected higher, 400k or more, given having the lowest price point.

MS can not be happy with this price drop, they only beat PS3 by 100k. PS3 did more than that during MGS4 month...

Rock Band 2 does really well, as does SW: TFU.

This month is totally EA, Lucas Arts, and Nintendo Month in software.

DMeisterJ said:
[360] 300k
[NDS] 550k
[PS2] 130k
[PS3] 200k
[PSP] 240k
[Wii] 550k

Wot?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Paracelsus said:
PS3 doubled the sales compared to September 2007, yet it didn't stand a chance against 360 price, no doubt about it.

...anybody got figures for IU and ToV? o_0

Bomba D:

Loudninja

Guy Legend said:
Not as big an onslaught for the XB360 over the PS3 as some may have predicted. Though even with a $200 arcade unit, can't touch the Wii.

Let's see what the XB360/PS3 difference is in October to better gauge the current situation.

Man October NPD is going to be pretty crazy.

Kagari said:
I thought 360 would be over 400K. PS3 didn't do as bad as I thought. I was thinking 170K or less. But it held its own against the 360 price cut.

no it didn't. there is close to a 115,000 difference here! :lol

Top Bottom