• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

Thanks ill add you now

Sorry I don't have a mic right now my headsets dead and i misplaced the cord haha. Let me know how the lag is...my upload is 3.0 MBPS so hope its not too bad

Edit: I can tell there some delay by how you're reacting to those turns haha. I'm in Canada west - not sure where you are. Maybe it's a distance issue

truth411

Shouldn't there recommendations? If your going to be the Host, then you should have your PS4 connected to the internet via Lan cable and not Wi-Fi.
I'm going to have to try this when I get home.

Geeun

Hopefully someone can help. I tried doing share play with pvz, diablo 3, and FIFA 15 demo. I handed over the controller to my friend so we can play co-op in the games I mentioned. But the games weren't registering anything from his end. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Portugeezer

Tried it today. Quality was a bit blurry, could be his connection, but there was not much delay and nothing really noticeable.

We live in the same city so that helps.

alterno69

Banned
Anyone up for hosting anything? Just wanna try it, i have a crummy upload so i can't host for shit tho :p

Spanish or english i'm good.

Skux

This opens up a whole new world of interactive shareplay events.

Imagine a MGSV demo. Kojima is running a demo level on a Twitch stream and challenges people and says "Whoever can get to the end of this level on Share Play, faster than 8 minutes, without harming any of the guards or triggering the alarm wins the Super Deluxe edition of MGSV with this Quiet statue."

People would love it.

This opens up a whole new world of interactive shareplay events.

Imagine a MGSV demo. Kojima is running a demo level on a Twitch stream and challenges people and says "Whoever can get to the end of this level on Share Play, faster than 8 minutes, without harming any of the guards or triggering the alarm wins the Super Deluxe edition of MGSV with this Quiet statue."

People would love it.

I do hope they use this feature on stage at some major events some time down the line, but I dunno how they would get people to submit PSN account names or make sure that the name they pick is online at the time of the event.

meppi

It is very easily abusable without a time limit. Without it you could go to bed and leave your friend to level up your character on Destiny. People could sell unrestricted access to their PS4 games to grind for trophies or loot on certain games.

The host needing to restart a session after an hour curbs a lot of this and makes it ineffective for long term use. Besides, the whole point of Share Play is about social gaming and letting people play with you on a virtual couch, not for you to leave while they play through all your single player games.

There are clearly 2 different modes. One that let's the other person take over your PS4 and the second that let's him join a game where he's nothing but a guest and you remain the host and main player.

I'm not talking about the first mode, which would indeed be easy to abuse without something like this.

I'm talking about the co-op mode.
Kicking someone out of a co-op session after 1 hour is stupid.
It's easy to add a function that detects whether player 1 is not doing anything as well, so that this wouldn't be able to be abused by the host being afk and the guest having full reign to play days on end.

It's a silly oversight and not something that should be defended because Sony is oh so generous to let people play a game for 1 hour when at the same time I could just as well lend him the same game and he could do with it as he pleases.

As it stands now, this whole "virtual couch co-op" thing is gimped by the time limit.
If they up it to 3 or 4 hours I wouldn't see this as a problem as that's generous enough to be used as a somewhat normal play session.

Danlord

Just want to cross-post from the 2.00 thread as it's SHAREplay specific, but I had a problem hosting Rayman Legends with my brother for 2 player, and apparently someone also had an issue with Child of Light so are Ubisoft blocking this or is it just coincidental errors?

I hosted Driveclub, Injustice:Gods Among Us and TowerFall Ascension perfectly fine but Rayman Legends would not work :(

whitehawk

Banned
There are clearly 2 different modes. One that let's the other person take over your PS4 and the second that let's him join a game where he's nothing but a guest and you remain the host and main player.

I'm not talking about the first mode, which would indeed be easy to abuse without something like this.

I'm talking about the co-op mode.
Kicking someone out of a co-op session after 1 hour is stupid.
It's easy to add a function that detects whether player 1 is not doing anything as well, so that this wouldn't be able to be abused by the host being afk and the guest having full reign to play days on end.

It's a silly oversight and not something that should be defended because Sony is oh so generous to let people play a game for 1 hour when at the same time I could just as well lend him the same game and he could do with it as he pleases.

As it stands now, this whole "virtual couch co-op" thing is gimped by the time limit.
If they up it to 3 or 4 hours I wouldn't see this as a problem as that's generous enough to be used as a somewhat normal play session.
It takes like 5 seconds to launch it up again, I don't think it's a big deal.

Just want to cross-post from the 2.00 thread as it's SHAREplay specific, but I had a problem hosting Rayman Legends with my brother for 2 player, and apparently someone also had an issue with Child of Light so are Ubisoft blocking this or is it just coincidental errors?

I hosted Driveclub, Injustice:Gods Among Us and TowerFall Ascension perfectly fine but Rayman Legends would not work :(

Wanna try with me? I have Child of Light so I could host that to you, and you could host Rayman Legends to me.

Only issue I've had so far is my friend hosting Samurai Warriors 4 to me. It worked perfectly fine except I couldn't hear any game sound.

Edit: My PSN is the same as my GAF name, so go ahead and add me if you like.

Danlord

GAF, just tried playing AmethystEnd's copy of Child of Light and I'm getting this screen and it's the same screen as what my brother got when he tried to play rayman with me.
EUGFR1n.jpg

jwk94

GAF, just tried playing AmethystEnd's copy of Child of Light and I'm getting this screen and it's the same screen as what my brother got when he tried to play rayman with me.

He's probably at a part in the game the developers won't let you stream. Could be a cutscene or something with private info like Knack. Have him jump into a level or something.

meppi

It takes like 5 seconds to launch it up again, I don't think it's a big deal.

Well it does when you end up loosing your progress every hour.

And even then, a simple fix for this could be to make it so that instead of kicking the second player out of the game completely, it would be coded as if the controller for player 2 lost connection and the game goes into pause mode.

Letting the host reconnect the 2nd player and then continue the game like they are actually sitting right besides each other.
Right now you are being kicked out of the game and when you reconnect, you lose everything you had.

He's probably at a part in the game the developers won't let you stream. Could be a cutscene or something with private info like Knack. Have him jump into a level or something.

I was on the title screen. For the record, his copy of Rayman Legends worked for me.

Endo Punk

Anyone mind letting me share play TEW? UK SE here.

You know what any game will do, I just wanna see for myself if it works well. Im on PS4 right now.

Thanks.

Anyone mind letting me share play TEW? UK SE here.

You know what any game will do, I just wanna see for myself if it works well. Im on PS4 right now.

Once I finish testing stuff with Danlord, sure. I just share played TEW to him and it worked, despite him being in the UK and me being in Texas.

Edit: Go ahead and add me. I'm ready if you are. PSN is same as GAF name.

Ateron

Re-posting from another thread, since it might not have been the best one

Tried the share feature today, during Destiny Nightfall. I helped a buddy make the jump near the boss to get to that vantage point up top. It was doable, but my god the latency. I felt like I was playing on a 150+ ms lag display which made aiming a bitch and his hunter a drunk guy on rollerskates on a ice ring aimlessly trying to shoot the broad side of a barn. It surely has a way to go before it becomes something I would use to try out new games, but then again upload speeds around here aren't that hot. Mine is at like 4.5 or something, I dunno about his.

Might just be a problem on his end, or mine, or both and what I said might not apply to others. But the experience was far from ideal and I can't imagine how it would be possible to play something like Fifa or a racing game with share play.

Not dissing the service, I see tremendous potential there, but it still has a ways to go, babysteps and all that

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I don't get why you want 2 Tv's and consoles? Don't you live in the same house?

Only the 4 games I mentioned support split screen, ALL the others (Destiny, Evolve, Dragon Age, Far Cry, etc.) support online co op play ONLY (so irritating....ugh) so, since that is the case, another PS4 would be needed for the online co op connection and since we like playing in the same room, I also need a TV for each PS4

Re-posting from another thread, since it might not have been the best one

Tried the share feature today, during Destiny Nightfall. I helped a buddy make the jump near the boss to get to that vantage point up top. It was doable, but my god the latency. I felt like I was playing on a 150+ ms lag display which made aiming a bitch and his hunter a drunk guy on rollerskates on a ice ring aimlessly trying to shoot the broad side of a barn. It surely has a way to go before it becomes something I would use to try out new games, but then again upload speeds around here aren't that hot. Mine is at like 4.5 or something, I dunno about his.

Might just be a problem on his end, or mine, or both and what I said might not apply to others. But the experience was far from ideal and I can't imagine how it would be possible to play something like Fifa or a racing game with share play.

Not dissing the service, I see tremendous potential there, but it still has a ways to go, babysteps and all that

I think it largely depends on the type of game too, latency will always be there but it's much less noticeable playing something like Minecraft than something that requires precision/timing like a twitch based shooter or a racing game.

Danlord

I was on the title screen. For the record, his copy of Rayman Legends worked for me.

Once I finish testing stuff with Danlord, sure. I just share played TEW to him and it worked, despite him being in the UK and me being in Texas.

Edit: Go ahead and add me. I'm ready if you are. PSN is same as GAF name.

So SHAREplay is being a bit spotty. AmethystEnd whom lives in Texas, 4,773 miles away played both my disk copies of Rayman Legends and Watch_Dogs fine (albeit with some lag because of the distance) but my brother whom lives 20 miles cannot due to the error from above that I posted.

Weird.

This is so weird and crazy lol I am sitting here in Canada eating pizza watching another gaffer from Ireland race a BAC Mono in Driveclub on my PS4.

SeanR1221

Tried it with a friend an hour away.

I have a 30mbps upload speed.

He said it worked perfectly on his end. We played a game of madden and he played my character in Diablo for a bit.

Danlord

Also just to note my testing within the UK, I hosted sessions of Driveclub, TowerFall Ascension and Injustice and it worked fine. No perceived latency, especially where needed on Driveclub going really fast and I managed to try a friends copy of InFAMOUS First Light even though his Internet was bad.

The thing works, it must be just throwing up errors and associating it with incompatible region or whatever else because it worked for AmethystEnd.

Come on Firmware 2.01, we need that stability! :p

Anyone want to test out any games?

My connection speed roughly:

3pMqkEE.jpg

I have:

Driveclub
Peggle 2
Awesomenauts
Hotline Miami
Trials Fusion

I'll play Awesomenauts or Peggle 2 local multiplayer but I dont mind watching the other games.

psn: brickwalker0

Edit: off for the night, can still send me a friend request if you want to try tomorrow.

sun-drop

yeh my upload speed is near 40 as well ... NZ is currently getting fibre to the door deployed through out the country .. and it costs pretty much the same as VDSL. gotta love it.

3pMqkEE.jpg

I have:

Driveclub
Peggle 2
Awesomenauts
Hotline Miami
Trials Fusion

I'll play Awesomenauts or Peggle 2 local multiplayer but I dont mind watching the other games.

Can I try DriveClub?
Warning: My speeds are 7 down and 1.5 up. So if share play doesn't work, it's because of me :c

Any fellow Canadians or anyone close to Toronto want to share Rayman or Diablo with me?

I have both games if you wanna try any of them I can host but it'll be later tonight, like 2 hours from now. I'm in AB!

This is so weird and crazy lol I am sitting here in Canada eating pizza watching another gaffer from Ireland race a BAC Mono in Driveclub on my PS4.

haha that's cool! what's your download/upload speeds?

I have both games if you wanna try any of them I can host but it'll be later tonight, like 2 hours from now. I'm in AB!

haha that's cool! what's your download/upload speeds?

25 mbps down and 3 up

I also just played 2 games of NHL 15 against my friend who hosted (same city). video was a bit choppy but the controls were almost perfectly responsive. Managed to beat him 4-1 and 3-2 in OT

I'm super impressed with this so far

Vroadstar

3pMqkEE.jpg

I have:

Driveclub
Peggle 2
Awesomenauts
Hotline Miami
Trials Fusion

Edit: off for the night, can still send me a friend request if you want to try tomorrow.

Can I try Peggle 2? v7ad12 psn

Top Bottom