• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

GAF, just tried playing AmethystEnd's copy of Child of Light and I'm getting this screen and it's the same screen as what my brother got when he tried to play rayman with me.

He's probably at a part in the game the developers won't let you stream. Could be a cutscene or something with private info like Knack. Have him jump into a level or something.

So SHAREplay is being a bit spotty. AmethystEnd whom lives in Texas, 4,773 miles away played both my disk copies of Rayman Legends and Watch_Dogs fine (albeit with some lag because of the distance) but my brother whom lives 20 miles cannot due to the error from above that I posted.

Weird.

Just posting back regarding this string of testing.

I just hosted Child of Light for a friend in the US and it worked perfectly. So it's definitely not Ubisoft blocking it purposely. Just some bugs that need to be worked out. Either that or some games can't be hosted cross region.

My buddy was playing destiny and I took over his game, ran awesome! I was tempted to dismantle some of his high level gear lol

Looool. I can just imagine him racing to take the controller back.

In future updates, they really need to give us controller shortcuts for giving/taking away the controller.

Looool. I can just imagine him racing to take the controller back.

In future updates, they really need to give us controller shortcuts for giving/taking away the controller.

Should be a shortcut for it pinned in the main share menu, not hidden in the party options.

Share button > Give controller

boom

25 mbps down and 3 up

I also just played 2 games of NHL 15 against my friend who hosted (same city). video was a bit choppy but the controls were almost perfectly responsive. Managed to beat him 4-1 and 3-2 in OT

I'm super impressed with this so far

That's great, to get almost flawless game control with 3Mbps is really awesome. I thought it will be much more demanding than that!

Tried it this morning with my nephew - both of us in Melbourne, Australia. No dice. Putting it down to shitty aussie internet speeds (15mbps down but less than 1mbps up)

IconGrist

I apologize if this has been addressed but I don't have time to search the whole thread but I'm having a problem.

My friend can SharePlay with me and it works great. I cannot SharePlay with him. I go through the process and give him control but he never gets control. No matter what I still have full control despite my PS4 saying I gave it up. Tried 4 different games a piece. Every single time his games worked and mine didn't. Even the same games.

Anyone else run into this and know a fix? My Internet speed is 40 down, 5 up.

Didn't work out for me in Argentina. I have 6mb down, 768 Kbps up. Speedtest shows 9Mb & 1.8Mb. I tried with a friend in the Bay Area and it showed that we can't connect with such low speed. Same for Playstation Now. I can't afford a better connection right now, but I will eventually. Online gaming is fine.

Dragon

Banned
I apologize if this has been addressed but I don't have time to search the whole thread but I'm having a problem.

My friend can SharePlay with me and it works great. I cannot SharePlay with him. I go through the process and give him control but he never gets control. No matter what I still have full control despite my PS4 saying I gave it up. Tried 4 different games a piece. Every single time his games worked and mine didn't. Even the same games.

Anyone else run into this and know a fix? My Internet speed is 40 down, 5 up.

Try changing the share play settings to standard and see if it helps. You should be able to with those speeds. I can with a similar set of speeds with lag.

SeanR1221

Just got done playing an hour of Injustice matches with my friend. Share play is THE best next gen feature. Hands down. This is the future of gaming.

This is truly a next-gen feature. Granted there will be problems since we are the initial phase, but I can't imagine that next-gen consoles would come out without having this feature on lock!

legacyzero

Banned
Reporting back after testing this with bananafactory. I played on the highest picture setting.

I hosted a session of Rogue Legacy, and he had a little trouble getting connected to my PS4. Worked on the second try.

He then hosted DRIVECLUB. I played one whole race.

+ Picture was very clear (Not native clear obviously)
+ Sound worked well
+ minor latency, but I was able to keep the car on the track mostly. I'm pretty decent with racers, so this it wasn't a terrible experience. Felt close to what Remote Play feels like when you're playing in your home on your WiFi network.

- Almost lost connection once or twice. When that happens, the picture clarity goes to shit for about 5-10 seconds while it buffers back to it's quality
- Control response seemed kinda random. One moment it's feels 1:1, the next it's got a slight delay, almost as if it's attempting stay 1:1, but can't quite achieve it.

1500 Miles or so. I'm in Wisconsin, he's in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Not baaaad!

ibfRa1NNHnKPWe.png

Reporting back after testing this with bananafactory. I played on the highest picture setting.

I hosted a session of Rogue Legacy, and he had a little trouble getting connected to my PS4. Worked on the second try.

He then hosted DRIVECLUB. I played one whole race.

+ Picture was very clear (Not native clear obviously)
+ Sound worked well
+ minor latency, but I was able to keep the car on the track mostly. I'm pretty decent with racers, so this it wasn't a terrible experience. Felt close to what Remote Play feels like when you're playing in your home on your WiFi network.

- Almost lost connection once or twice. When that happens, the picture clarity goes to shit for about 5-10 seconds while it buffers back to it's quality
- Control response seemed kinda random. One moment it's feels 1:1, the next it's got a slight delay, almost as if it's attempting stay 1:1, but can't quite achieve it.

1500 Miles or so. I'm in Wisconsin, he's in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Not baaaad!

ibfRa1NNHnKPWe.png
Want to try playing from a longer distance? I live in San Diego, CA
My connection:
3867254020.png

No Idea how shareplay even works lol.

Korezo

I had 35up 5.5 down and my friend couldn't connect to my driveclub share play brcause supposedly my connection was to slow but I was able to connect to his nba 2k 15 share play. We only live like 8 miles apart.

t hicks

Banned
Is anyone down to share play Driveclub? I just wanna try it out for a bit/test share play in general.
PSN is tommyandstuff

t hicks

Banned
Just sent an invite
Thanks for letting me test it out man, even though I did horribly lmao

If anyone wants to try out any of these games for a bit hit me up

I'm down to share:
Shadow of mordor (100% clear save)
The evil within
Infamous: SS/FL
Spelunky
Resogun w/ co-op dlc
MGSV:GS
Hotline Miami
Metro 2033 Redux
+ some PS+ stuff

PSN: tommyandstuff

legacyzero

Banned
5 to 10 seconds, thats huge.

Yeah. And it doesn't stop to load or anything. The picture just gets super pixelated for that duration. It eventually gets clear once the buffer catches up. It's kinda like when Netflix gets a hiccup in connection and the picture quality goes bad. It soon catches up.

Gamer345

Banned
Sorry I don't have a mic right now my headsets dead and i misplaced the cord haha. Let me know how the lag is...my upload is 3.0 MBPS so hope its not too bad

Edit: I can tell there some delay by how you're reacting to those turns haha. I'm in Canada west - not sure where you are. Maybe it's a distance issue

I enjoyed the game anyway even with the lag, it was not so frequent but clearly distracting for a driving game. It was still great to try Driveclub, definitely look to get the game now

Shareplay is just incredibly impressive

Thanks though ;)

Guys... I played with like three different buddies tonight!

Destiny, lego marvel, Shadows of mordor and some driveclub.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

So much fun! This is a game changer.

My Halloween plans are now me and my buddy and alien isolation.

I have att uverse, nat 2, 13 down 1.2 up. I have never been able to do vita remote play over the Internet. I tried this with a friend and the connection was poor, I got kicked out after a minute of play (controls were very responsive, visuals were not great).

So is the problem my upload speed? Is this just not going to work with that low speed. Playing games online is never an issue for me, but this connected streaming stuff seems to be.

Guys... I played with like three different buddies tonight!

Destiny, lego marvel, Shadows of mordor and some driveclub.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

So much fun! This is a game changer.

My Halloween plans are now me and my buddy and alien isolation.

That's such a good idea. That game doesn't require so much precision that a bit of lag would ruin it.

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone want to let me try 1 race of Driveclub? Been patiently waiting for the PS+ edition but I don't even know if it's coming out now.

My DSL internet is too slow to let people share my games, and I'm the person among my friends that really collects a lot of games. I could have shown people so many cool titles :(.

Share play works great as the person being streamed to though, played my friend's account in Diablo 3 and it worked flawlessly. I was taking down hordes with ease.

Top Bottom