• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony E3 2005 press conference thread

Gio_CoD

Banned
Guys, this isn't all that difficult to comprehend. Initially both IGN and GS were going to stream all 3 press conferences live as they happened. Then Sony and Microsoft went out and said that they wouldn't permit live streaming a few days ago.

Microsoft obviously didn't want a live stream because they are doing their own live stream from Xbox.com and didn't want the competition. Sony didn't specify why they didn't want theirs streamed. So IGN and Gamespot will be streaming the conferences (not LIVE just STREAMING) an hour after the conferences happen.

Nintendo, on the other hand, has given full permission for both IGN and GS to stream their conference tomorrow at 9 a.m PST.

It's not hard. The only live coverage we're getting is the GDaily text stream.

Krowley

ign's stream only supports 6000 people at a time, so screw that... i'll use them to download the high res version later though.

MX_MIRV_reentry.jpg

reports of multipule Cell impacts over Redmond WA

:D :D

Endymion

bitwise said:
i see coming soon on all 3 of the banners (MS, Sony, Nintendo)

Damn, you are right. It was just lower. So no live conference on GS for sure. I'll switch to IGN: http://insider.ign.com/livewire05.html

When I click I get this message: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/events/e32005/ign/insertguid.asp, line 11

Anyone with the same problem?

info via Prototype @ the sony.com E3 boards

thanks!

So far The Killers opened the show by performing Mr.Brightside

Apparently Ken Kutaragi is talking about what The Next gen of consoles is going to be about

Kojima just gone off stage, promises more Metal Gear 4 info later in confrence. ken just announced blank Rewriteble UMDS est. $25 , which will only allow you to write partial PS3 game data (to play on the move, No videos/Music/photos can be writen to them

^^^
That quote right there is from someone claiming to be in the conference so take it with a grain of salt!

thats all, but its something! Hopefully he'll have more in a few minutes

Argyle

Unfortunately I am not - they didn't let me register myself to attend. Ah well. :)

I was just on the phone with a friend (that you all know and love, as he's a regular poster here) who is there. I won't be getting live play by play (don't you hate it when people talk on their phones at the movies?) but I will get a call from him when it's all over...

Mrbob

gamergirly said:
Somebody just said that GTA Next was going to be an exclusive PS3 launch title

Oh snapz. What better way to counter Halo 3 than with the only franchise bigger at the moment.

MGS4, RE5, and GTA Next all PS3 exclusive?

MS

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The Killers opening for Sony? LOL weren't they opening at a DS party for Nintendo and of course the 360 show last night... That band really gets around :lol

And oh yeah - the Sony conference... the wait is killing me. I'm soooo hyped right about now to see the console and the MGS4 trailer.

If he's talking about the PSP re-writing them itself, I call bullshit too.

Why the fuck is there a cap on streams at 6000? At ~$20 each, is $120,000 not enough money to run an exclusive stream for insiders only?... that'd only be the people viewing as well. There must be many more insiders besides.

I've got a horrible feeling this is a fucking waste of money.

ok so far:

-Ken has done his usual powerpoint presentation on sales and playstation lifespan.
-Kojima gave some MGS4 details (he will be writing the script)
-More MGS4 details to come later in the conference
-Ken announced blank re-writeble UMDS est. $25
-GTA Next for PS3 Launch

Argyle

The info that BlackSalad posted...I call BS on that :)

I don't have any more real info for you guys tho, sorry. But that sounds like BS to me, on many levels...if it started, they're probably still showing powerpoint slides with sales charts on 'em right now anyway. :)

damn, this 'info' isn't doing it for me.

the leaks seem to have stopped, either something amazing happened or they're bullshit :lol

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
radioheadrule83 said:
Why the fuck is there a cap on streams at 6000? At ~$20 each, is $120,000 not enough money to run an exclusive stream for insiders only?... that'd only be the people viewing as well. There must be many more insiders besides.

I've got a horrible feeling this is a fucking waste of money.

Ign Has not started broadcasting the Sony confrence, won't till about an hr after it is over, also get streaming audio from insider if you can't get the feed. I cant post the link for that though, since it bypasses the insider login.

Top Bottom