• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix Press Conference thread

AniHawk

Izzy said:
I don't understand the complaints - this is the break-up thus far:

DS: FF4 Remake
PSP: Final Fantasy Dissidia, Star Ocean 1&2 Remakes
PS3/360 : Last Remnant
WII: Chocobo
PS2: FFXII I

Sounds pretty good to me...

Jeez. With the possible exception of Last Remnant and SO remakes, that's a pretty shitty conference.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Luckyman said:
Wait.. what?
If they want to make a next-gen. SO that is. Please don't be Wii. :(

mabuza said:
since star ocean sells in the millions in america it would make most sense to put it on the american market leader 360:)
If they want to make it for the next-generation consoles they don't have much choice, there is no market for it in Japan. Unless they make it new-gen. :(

jj984jj said:
Stealth what? It's ****ing reality, wake up and look at it. PS3 has been on the market 6 months now and is performing like shit. S-E has to look overseas to decide what platform to put next-generation games on now and 360 is the currently in the lead. Plus tri-Ace is making a game on the 360 already, they have their own engine to work with. It's makes the most sense to put SO4 on 360, there is nothing hidden about that.

If there's a game people want, they'll buy the machine when the game comes out. And a lot of people will probably want FFXIII. Hence it's not so crazy to assume a large JRPG fanbase will exist on PS3.

Takuhi

Yixian said:
Can someone confirm that this is where we will see all the big announcements? Or is that Sat?

In the invitation to US media, they made sure to point out that there will be some things at this event that will not be at the weekend Square Party, and some things at the weekend Square Party that will not be at this event. But I imagine most, if not all, of the big announcements will be here.

jj984jj

Red Blaster said:
If there's a game people want, they'll buy the machine when the game comes out. And a lot of people will probably want FFXIII. Hence it's not so crazy to assume a large JRPG fanbase will exist on PS3.
Businesses don't run based on assumptions.

legend166

I swear, Square still must hate Nintendo or something.

And before people say "wah wah look at the spread of titles!" they never used to spread titles. The console that was going to have the largest userbase got all the games. Now they're trying their very best to make it an even split. I mean, it's not like they spread the games out evenly amongst PS2, GCN and Xbox. But as soon as Nintendo is in the lead, they start spreading titles.

Doesn't make sense.

Yixian

Banned
jj984jj said:
PS3 is struggling to get to a million units and suddenly it has the RPG fanbase of the PS2? What?

It's inevitable dude. The Wii can't deliver the epicity JRPG developers want and the 360 is irrelevant in Japan. PS3 will be the JRPG powerhouse of this generation.

At least, it better be, that's the reason I bought the damn thing.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
how the **** does Square hates ninendo? did you see the shitload of DS games coming from them?

seriously stop the ****ing bitching it's stupid and ridiculous.

Izzy

Banned
AniHawk said:
Jeez. With the possible exception of Last Remnant and SO remakes, that's a pretty shitty conference.

FF4 and FF Dissidia? Not everyone's cup of tea, but pretty big announcements...

cvxfreak

legend166 said:
I swear, Square still must hate Nintendo or something.

And before people say "wah wah look at the spread of titles!" they never used to spread titles. The console that was going to have the largest userbase got all the games. Now they're trying their very best to make it an even split. I mean, it's not like they spread the games out evenly amongst PS2, GCN and Xbox. But as soon as Nintendo is in the lead, they start spreading titles.

Doesn't make sense.

Times are changing for SE. It'd be foolish for them to ignore the PSP, 360 and Wii completely. I do think it's a bit discomforting to split the FF fanbase, but the spread is good for the company.

Snaku

Banned
Yixian said:
It's inevitable dude. The Wii can't deliver the epicity JRPG developers want and the 360 is irrelevant in Japan. PS3 will be the JRPG powerhouse of this generation.

Quoted for later. :)

-Eddman- said:

:lol

icecream

Public Health Threat
Red Blaster said:
That remains to be seen. Wanting FFXIII and buying it are two separate things.

But assuming Tri-Ace is still busy with IU, and it's another Tri-Ace team, I wouldn't be surprised for a multiplatform 360/PS3 release, especially if LR turns out well.

Yixian said:

One might say you put your eggs into one basket a bit too early.

AniHawk

Smiles and Cries said:
7pm tokyo time?

ouch another 2 hours for me without sleep... dunno if I can make it

Wii news better be good

Square announces Final Fantasy Swords and Dragon Quest Crystal Chronicles.

Jaagen

If it's two more hours, I'm glad that I live in Europe where it's actually daytime now. *gets flasback from Sony's E3 conference* "How much longer until it start?"

legend166

cvxfreak said:
Times are changing for SE. It'd be foolish for them to ignore the PSP, 360 and Wii completely. I do think it's a bit discomforting to split the FF fanbase, but the spread is good for the company.

Wasn't the "put titles on the biggest platform" strategy working?

jj984jj

Yixian said:

Lots of people bought PSP for the same reason. Sony's brand name is known for RPGs. S-E is not Sony's lapdog this generation though. I'm not saying games won't come to PS3, most will likely be multi-platform though.

Error said:
how the **** does Square hates ninendo? did you see the shitload of DS games coming from them?

seriously stop the ****ing bitching it's stupid and ridiculous.
I think the Wii fans are bitching more, Chocobo mysterious dungeon game. :lol

Anyway, I'm happy with what they are bringing to the DS, not sure why people think I said otherwise.

Evlar

Banned
Jaagen said:
If it's two more hours, I'm glad that I live in Europe where it's actually daytime now. *gets flasback from Sony's E3 conference* "How much longer until it start?"
They had some good music playing though. Everything went downhill from there.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Yixian said:
Chance for a PS3 exclusive: -5/100

People are a bit stuck in this thinking IMO, SE are big enough that people will buy the platform that a lot of their games come out on. FFXIII will sell a shitload of a systems. So will other big name titles they release.

Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes for PSP, yay! Wolfteam united again in PSP, didn't play SO1 so I hope that one comes sooner! Played SO2 but if its a good remake a la FFIII-FFIV I'm sure I'll give it a try!

Chocobo Wii....em...I'm still waiting the DS one to hit Europe, Square-Enix ¬¬

The Last Remnant isn't supposed to hit Europe I guess, no european character and no simultaneous release :lol

Gallagher

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes for PSP, yay! Wolfteam united again in PSP, didn't play SO1 so I hope that one comes sooner! Played SO2 but if its a good remake a la FFIII-FFIV I'm sure I'll give it a try!

Chocobo Wii....em...I'm still waiting the DS one to hit Europe, Square-Enix ¬¬

The Last Remnant isn't supposed to hit Europe I guess, no european character and no simultaneous release :lol

Its ok.. EU 360 can play US Games. ^^

Jonnyram

legend166 said:
Wasn't the "put titles on the biggest platform" strategy working?
Actually, no. It wouldn't have worked because of the tech difference between Wii and PS3/360. They would have to wait until a leader became apparent before starting development, which would have been ridiculous for a company of that size.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is this something Wii related from the famitsu blog?

wƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{x‚̍ŐVì‚ªWii‚ŁI
2007/05/10 (木曜日)
@”­•\‰ï‚Å‚Í‚±‚Ì‚Ù‚©‚É‚àAwƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW[XIIx‚Ì‹t—A“ü”ŁAwƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW[XII ƒCƒ“ƒ^[ƒiƒVƒ‡ƒiƒ‹ ƒ]ƒfƒBƒAƒbƒN ƒWƒ‡ƒu ƒVƒXƒeƒ€x‚ªƒvƒŒƒCƒXƒe[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“2‚ŁAwƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“xƒVƒŠ[ƒY‚̍ŐVìwƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“`Žž–Y‚ê‚Ì–À‹{`x‚ªWii‚Å”­”„‚³‚ê‚邱‚Æ‚ª”»–¾I@Ú×‚ÍŒã‚Ù‚Ç‚¨“`‚¦‚·‚邼B

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
schuelma said:

2007/05/10 (木曜日)
@”­•\‰ï‚Å‚Í‚±‚Ì‚Ù‚©‚É‚àAwƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW[XIIx‚Ì‹t—A“ü”ŁAwƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW[XII ƒCƒ“ƒ^[ƒiƒVƒ‡ƒiƒ‹ ƒ]ƒfƒBƒAƒbƒN ƒWƒ‡ƒu ƒVƒXƒeƒ€x‚ªƒvƒŒƒCƒXƒe[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“2‚ŁAwƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“xƒVƒŠ[ƒY‚̍ŐVìwƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“`Žž–Y‚ê‚Ì–À‹{`x‚ªWii‚Å”­”„‚³‚ê‚邱‚Æ‚ª”»–¾I@Ú×‚ÍŒã‚Ù‚Ç‚¨“`‚¦‚·‚邼B

Thats jibberish mate

Evlar

Banned
schuelma said:

?wƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{?x‚Ì?Å?V?삪Wii‚Å?I
2007/05/10 (???)
?@”­•\‰ï‚Å‚Í‚±‚Ì‚Ù‚©‚É‚à?A?wƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW?[XII?x‚Ì‹t—A“ü”Å?A?wƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒW?[XII ƒCƒ“ƒ^?[ƒiƒVƒ‡ƒiƒ‹ ƒ]ƒfƒBƒAƒbƒN ƒWƒ‡ƒu ƒVƒXƒeƒ€?x‚ªƒvƒŒƒCƒXƒe?[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“2‚Å?A?wƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“?xƒVƒŠ?[ƒY‚Ì?Å?V?ì?wƒ`ƒ‡ƒRƒ{‚Ì•sŽv‹c‚ȃ_ƒ“ƒWƒ‡ƒ“?`Žž–Y‚ê‚Ì–À‹{?`?x‚ªWii‚Å”­”„‚³‚ê‚邱‚Æ‚ª”»–¾?I?@?Ú?ׂ͌ã‚Ù‚Ç‚¨“`‚¦‚·‚邼?B
Chocobo Wii and FFXII-i for PS2. They were late posting it.

schuelma said:

2007/05/10 (木曜日)

Aliens have landed.

Top Bottom