• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix Press Conference thread

Thunderbear said:
I still bet the Wii is a fad that will die off, as much as you guys might hate it. I believe a lot of people, like some high-ups at SE, is thinking the same thing. But at this point we can just speculate and argue, and time will tell. I just think you guys are being a bit single tracked because for the first 6 months Wii has done well.

Well, there ya go, folks.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Thunderbear said:
Besides, people think long term. All you guys seem to be thinking the console sales "war" is over. I still bet the Wii is a fad that will die off, as much as you guys might hate it. I believe a lot of people, like some high-ups at SE, is thinking the same thing. But at this point we can just speculate and argue, and time will tell. I just think you guys are being a bit single tracked because for the first 6 months Wii has done well.

Come on man...the Wii is outselling PS3 9 to 1 in Japan It's already half way to the GC LTD. You honestly think its a fad?

Thunderbear said:
Besides, people think long term. All you guys seem to be thinking the console sales "war" is over. I still bet the Wii is a fad that will die off, as much as you guys might hate it. I believe a lot of people, like some high-ups at SE, is thinking the same thing. But at this point we can just speculate and argue, and time will tell. I just think you guys are being a bit single tracked because for the first 6 months Wii has done well.

The problem with that type of thinking is that Media create sales disagree with you by a large margin. And when (and if) the Wii will slow down, it'll have a so big userbase, that will be stupid to ignore it, if you understand what I mean.

AniHawk

schuelma said:
Come on man...the Wii is outselling PS3 9 to 1 in Japan It's already half way to the GC LTD. You honestly think its a fad?

Sales will drop off pretty quickly once Japanese Gamecube fans stop buying the latest revision.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
schuelma said:
he probably means a fad in the same way the DS and Pokemon were.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
AniHawk said:
Sales will drop off pretty quickly once Japanese Gamecube fans stop buying the latest revision.

Or the duct tape falls off

Mar

Thunderbear said:
I still bet the Wii is a fad that will die off, as much as you guys might hate it. I believe a lot of people, like some high-ups at SE, is thinking the same thing. But at this point we can just speculate and argue, and time will tell. I just think you guys are being a bit single tracked because for the first 6 months Wii has done well.

you.gif

schuelma said:

Wii sales figures are misleading. They count twice, once for each GameCube. So really you gotta halve every Wii sales figure you see. And then take off 60% for non-games.

What.

Yoboman

Thunderbear said:
Slap.jpg

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
schuelma said:

Yeah, I do. There's no good reason to buy a PS3 right now. There's not a single high profile game that appeals to the japanese audience. Why would you buy a system when there's no game for it?

It is going to change when FFXIII, Metal Gear Solid, etc. comes out. Whether it'll be enough... who knows. Wii has great games because development time is lots cheaper and faster.

Do you Nintendo fan boys really want to world to live with crappy graphics for the rest of this gen? You really don't think that sucks? Is waggle really all that cool for you? And you really don't think processing power (CPU and GPU) won't have any effect on gameplay in this gen? You're dillusional. Everyone likes the underdog succeeding I guess.

Acosta

GUYS

Can we leave the "Wii is a fad"/"Wii is fantastic and deserve the best games of the universe" for once PLEASE?

Is a completely wasted discussion and I´m tired of seeing every thread derailed because it.

Thunderbear said:
Yeah, I do. There's no good reason to buy a PS3 right now. There's not a single high profile game that appeals to the japanese audience. Why would you buy a system when there's no game for it?

It is going to change when FFXIII, Metal Gear Solid, etc. comes out. Whether it'll be enough... who knows. Wii has great games because development time is lots cheaper and faster.

Do you Nintendo fan boys really want to world to live with crappy graphics for the rest of this gen? You really don't think that sucks? Is waggle really all that cool for you? And you really don't think processing power (CPU and GPU) won't have any effect on gameplay in this gen? You're dillusional. Everyone likes the underdog succeeding I guess.

neoPS3gaforum total?

Snaku

Banned
Thunderbear said:

I'm cool with the 360's epic RPG offerings. :)

Mar

Thunderbear said:

Wii vs PS3 battle revived, thread derailment acheived.

winrar.jpg

Thunderbear said:

awwwwwwww shit

sedaku said:
The shading is nice and has a bit of a CGI feel to it. Could use some texture work in other areas though and some polish to clear it up.

However, the town shot looks completely average with jags (or shit jpg quality) to boot.

Eh, about what I expected after seeing the scans. It's still kinda hard taking a knock to the gut every time I see a Jp devs' efforts on the new consoles. I know it's early and all that, but... bah, whatever, it's not worth it... I just pray Jp devs finally discover the joy of anisotropic filtering... really, that and a little AA is all I'm asking for now.

EDIT:: You know, I take it back... these are actually a lot better than I thought they would be...

Thunderbear said:

I would suggest checking the Media Create thread for a link to a place where I'm sure you can find a whole choir to preach to.

AniHawk

Thunderbear said:
Yeah, I do. There's no good reason to buy a PS3 right now. There's not a single high profile game that appeals to the japanese audience.

Yeah, I can see where a game like Gundam Musuo wouldn't appeal to the Japanese audience.

Thunderbear said:

conduct.gif

AAK said:
So is Last Remnant an action-RPG or turnbased-RPG?
I may be mistaken, but it sounds kind of like Kingdom Hearts with an army on your side.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks decent? I mean, it's not the best looking game on either system, but it's certainly not ugly.

-Eddman-

Thunderbear said:
That makes absolutely no sense. Why? Yes it would of sold a lot of systems, but again, why?

Sony is obviously giving SE a lot of incentives (probably a shitload of rebates on the fees that they normally charge) to put it out on their system. MS has, I am sure, tried really hard to work on their relationship with SE but who knows what's going on behind the curtains.

Yeah, PS2 is a fad, we all know that Dreamcast is going to be king.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Cedille said:
Anyone interested in posting a "Star Ocean 4 & Star Ocean 1,2 Remake on PSP is confirmed" thread?
Not until we get more details and a confirmed platform for SO4, then it will be a field day. :D

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Thunderbear I mean this with all sincerity...stop on by the Media Create threads. You might make things interesting

I hope the SO1+2 remake includes a remake of the GBC direct sequel Blue Sphere. Hey, they did that Chain of Memories remake for KH2 FM barely more than a year after the GBA original came out.

Thunderbear

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
The problem with that type of thinking is that Media create sales disagree with you by a large margin. And when (and if) the Wii will slow down, it'll have a so big userbase, that will be stupid to ignore it, if you understand what I mean.

I do agree with that to a certain degree, but the question is, will that large user base keep buying games when they see other people playing Final Fantasy XIII or Metal Gear Solid 4?

As gamers, I mean, honestly without agendas, do you really not care about graphics or what all that processing power can do for games? I mean really? Would you have also been happy with movies if they stuck in the black and white era without going to color?

I mean, I am not without humility, I could be wrong. But I know I would definitely be sad. I don't care about any of the companies (they are all probably evil etc.), but if only the Wii and DS ends up getting high profile games, I'll stop being a gamer. It's just a step backwards to me. Waggle isn't at all exciting for me.

Anyway, I should probably stop argueing this and just follow the news. Seriously though, I hope everyone gets happy. SE has their business plan and it is their money and their choice. You guys might get what you want and all their big franchises might go over to their platform.

ShockingAlberto said:
I may be mistaken, but it sounds kind of like Kingdom Hearts with an army on your side.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks decent? I mean, it's not the best looking game on either system, but it's certainly not ugly.

It's an SE game on HD consoles.

It's ugly.

It's like calling that Donkey Kong Jetracer Wii game "decent".

ShockingAlberto said:

It's battle system is apparently like FFXII. Problem for it is that it doesn't have the FF name to make people ignore how bad that battle system style is.

this place is getting unbelievably stupid with all the bitching and system trolling

TLR looks decent...probably looks nicer in vids though

peace

Thunderbear

Snaku said:
It could be fixed a dozen times over. It's the classic "Wait for [x] game" excuse.

It's not an excuse, it's a theory. As much as you think I am being wishful thinking because I want my PS3/Xbox360/PSP games, I see you as being tunnelvisioned for not at least recognizing the possibility that things might change as time moves along.

Top Bottom