• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sunset Overdrive Trailer

The box art it's fantastic, if you see it you can instantly get what the game is about. Shooting crazy weapons, traversal, big colorful world, mutants. The place holder could be anything.

Edit:

Because the assets from the site looked bad, the characters they show looked really last gen so I was prepared for the worst.

Yeah, the official box art is fantastic, I really want that on a shirt/wifebeater.

The placeholder would be nice for the collectors edition or perhaps reversible cover?

shandy706

The main character (unless you can change the way he looks) looks fucking retarded... i liked the design from behind... but when they showed his face... it completely fell apart.)

They changed it from the original trailer... which he looked WAY better in.
New Design (lame)

Old Design (better)

Also... jesus christ... they fucked up the box art.. what happened to the crazy face one that was posted here a few days ago?

Seriously the official box art sucks.

If this were a baseball game you just struck out swinging. ;)

Picking of course. Although, every single thread has talked about how you can completely customize your character from their sex down to special powers and individual body parts/clothes....and there have been a ton of threads the last 48 hours it seems :)

I prefer the new box art, and love the fully customizable characters. I prefer the "Mass Effect" route to being stuck with characters I may not enjoy playing with.

pswii60

The main character (unless you can change the way he looks) looks fucking retarded... i liked the design from behind... but when they showed his face... it completely fell apart.)

New Design (lame)
i1VgVFfVZ1OzD.PNG

Old Design (better)
iKnCb69FIu9nO.jpg

Also... jesus christ... they fucked up the box art.. what happened to the crazy face one that was posted here a few days ago?

Heres the boxart from the trailer:
ibwYB2Zoficmxs.PNG

And heres the mock-up posted on gaf a few days ago:
ibwTWZuaW8b0bR.jpg

Looks 'fucking retarted'? What a lovely person you are. Do you go around talking like that in the real world?

I'm definitely getting infamous 1/2 vibes, but with a much more interesting world. It's the wire traversal. My only problem based off that footage is that the traversal seems really slow.. But It'll probably get faster and leveled up or something as you get through the game. At least that's how infamous was.

Still, I love how this looks and the gameplay looks so much fun. Not enough to get an xbone just yet, but I'll make sure to pick it up when I do someday.

Zakalwe

Banned
It was inevitable, but I was hoping the game that convinced me to get an Xbox would come a little later.

Old plan was ps4, PC upgrade, Xbox. Reconsidering pushing the PC upgrade back now. Damn it!

Shit, this looks fun. Really fun. I imagine it's a blast with friends, too. If I do get an Xbox One, I'm picking this up with it.

animus82

Banned
What a great video.

Thanks for posting Op.

I wish more companies would put out honest previews of what they are working on and what makes it unique.

The game looks really purdy and I like the amps powerups they have, but I really didn't like this trailer for some reason. I think it was the voice over...

Reallink

Firstly I got no idea why comic cartoon alien violence is age gated. Secondly the game looks awesome. The trailer looks great graphically, but the full res stills on Gamersyde do not hold up so well which is somewhat concerning.

Jobbs

Banned
Good stuff. It's as if Dead Rising, Infamous, and R&C had an orgy and a baby ended up coming out of it.

First real solid reason I've seen to own an Xbox One, personally.

Papacheeks

Banned
You can run this same line of doubt for virtually any game that is supposed to release in fall 2014.

You haven't seen a lot of content, but that doesn't mean said content does not exist. We've seen even less of The Order.....and Titanfall only showed off like 2 maps prior to it hitting shelves. Ubisoft has revealed only a short (probably) CG trailer for Assassin's Creed Unity - are you worried about that being delayed into 2014 as well?

Unless the developer has a history of missing release dates, I don't think it's fair to continually question a given date.

But that's my question, there is only a Fall 2014. Which is not an exact date, like Destiny's 09/09/2014.

or Evolve which is October 7.

Fall 2014 means, there is a lot of work to be done.

Even with The March 11th Date for Titanfall the 360 version got delayed twice.

Until I see an actual set date, and not one that sounds like a projected date.

My statement still stands.

When I see the actual Month and day it comes out then I will retract my statement.

Until then, they have to show me more that convey's Beta/Final build of the game.

This is the only build we've seen.

Filaipus

Banned
Firstly I got no idea why comic cartoon alien violence is age gated. Secondly the game looks awesome. The trailer looks great graphically, but the full res stills on Gamersyde do not hold up so well which is somewhat concerning.

I dont think the age gate is because of the alien violence, I think its because of the language (the Big Boss has a twitter, go there and you will understand haha)

MercuryLS

Banned
I thought R&C was a good series that was milked dry, Resistance didn't do anything for me, Fuse was just bad. This however looks amazing and it's the first Insomiac IP that looks really really appealing and it's the first IP of theirs that isn't a PS system. Just my luck :(

tci

Now this looks like pure gaming bliss. Too bad I don't plan on getting any of the consoles this gen.. But I'm sure many might just get an Xbox for this.

Hugstable

Banned
Urge to buy Xbox One and have all three current gen systems rising. Game looks damn amazing and fun. And to those complaining about the Cover art, at least it's not 4 people with the top part of their head cut off or just one dude with his chin down and eyes up. This is the most original box art we've gotten in awhile and people already hating on it haha.

jem0208

New Design (lame)
i1VgVFfVZ1OzD.PNG

Old Design (better)
iKnCb69FIu9nO.jpg

Heres the boxart from the trailer:
ibwYB2Zoficmxs.PNG

And heres the mock-up posted on gaf a few days ago:
ibwTWZuaW8b0bR.jpg

Pretty sure there's quite a lot of character customisation right?

As for the box art, both are pretty cool. I love the comic book style of the official one though.

rezuth

Movement kinda reminds me of Infamous, looks pretty good though. Kinda hoping to see the game offer something besides just blowing up zombies.

Pavillion

looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait. For some reason I always had the image in mind that this would be first person... no idea why but i'm really happy its not.

KiraXD

If this were a baseball game you just struck out swinging. ;)

Picking of course. Although, every single thread has talked about how you can completely customize your character from their sex down to special powers and individual body parts/clothes....and there have been a ton of threads the last 48 hours it seems :)

I prefer the new box art, and love the fully customizable characters. I prefer the "Mass Effect" route to being stuck with characters I may not enjoy playing with.

yes someone already mentioned the customization... and i responded accordingly...

I havent been following this game closely (at all actually aside from someone posting the placeholder from ilovedust)

But my point stands on boxart... composition isnt good, the overall design is bland, especially since its supposed to showcase how "CaaaRAZY!" it is. I know a little bit when it comes to art...so im not just talking out my ass...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait. For some reason I always had the image in mind that this would be first person... no idea why but i'm really happy its not.

yea my same thought. looks great. exactly my kind of 'shooter.'

rac

Banned
I'm glad the change from overstike to fuse didn't happen with this game. Looks really fucking fun.

fallingdove

The box art is brilliant, something original for a change.

I don't know about brilliant or original. Looks kinda shitty to me. Cluttered, lacks ellegance. I am surprised how much I dislike it given Insomniac's previous box art. Resistance 3 has my favorite box art of all time.

Don't take my word for it though - everything about this game isn't doing it for me. I have watched the trailer 3 times now and every time I do, I feel like I am trapped in a bad 80s/90s Nickelodeon/Nerf commercial.

"Its zanny, its wacky, its so much fun, your parents might just want to play" queue disappointed child to his nerdy dad - "Awwww Dad..."

Silky

Banned
yes someone already mentioned the customization... and i responded accordingly...

I havent been following this game closely (at all actually aside from someone posting the placeholder from ilovedust)

But my point stands on boxart... composition isnt good, the overall design is bland, especially since its supposed to showcase how "CaaaRAZY!" it is. I know a little bit when it comes to art...so im not just talking out my ass...
The boxart's apparently by ilovedust

Top Bottom