• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Transformers: The Movie thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

I got this off tformers.com:

GalaticHunter.com brings us the first in what is sure to be a week filled with exciting images for fans in general. Don Murphy first tipped us off to a full scale Optimus Prime being brought to the floor of SDCC ... it does exist! Right now, however, it is covered up. Will it be unveiled in all it's glory? Stay tuned to Tformers and TNI throughout the week for the latest live-from-SDCC updates. Read on for the "full size" image!

optimus2fh.jpg

Here are some other movie updates:

Press Release for the movie:

TRANSFORMERS WILL BE MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE AT THEATRES NATIONWIDE ON 07-04-07

The live-action “Transformers” movie has been set to open nationwide on 07-04-07, it was jointly announced today by DreamWorks Pictures, Hasbro, Inc.
(NYSE: HAS), and Paramount Pictures.

The feature, based on the globally popular Transformers franchise, will be directed by Michael Bay (upcoming “The Island,” “Armageddon”) from a screenplay being written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (upcoming “The Island”). Steven Spielberg (“War of the Worlds”) is executive producing the film, with Lorenzo di Bonaventura (upcoming “Four Brothers”), Tom DeSanto (“X-Men” and “X2: X-Men United”) and Don Murphy (“The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”) serving as co-executive producers.

In making the announcement, DreamWorks head of distribution Jim Tharp stated, “Under the direction of Michael Bay, and with Steven Spielberg executive producing, we know that ‘Transformers’ is going to be the kind of explosive action movie that is perfect for the height of the summer movie season. By staking our claim on the 4th of July, 2007, we ensure that we not only have the time to make this movie the way it should be made, but also to build excitement and awareness leading up to its release.”

“Fans around the world have wanted a Transformers live-action movie for a long time and we are thrilled to work with DreamWorks and Paramount to bring this legendary saga to life on the big screen,” said Brian Goldner, President of Hasbro’s U.S. Toy segment. “With some of the entertainment industry’s best talent on board for this film, fans will experience Transformers in a way that is incredibly powerful.”

DreamWorks will distribute the film domestically, while Paramount will handle the international release. Hasbro will work with the production team and DreamWorks on all aspects of the film’s creative development, marketing and promotions, and will manage merchandising in conjunction with the release of the film.

This week, DreamWorks is launching the official “Transformers” movie website (www.transformers.com) at Comic-Con International, being held from July 13 – 17 in San Diego, California. “Transformers” will also be making its presence known in a big way, with a huge 18-wheeler truck sporting the instantly recognizable Transformers logo dominating the area around the DreamWorks booth—and much of the convention floor—letting thousands of fans know that “Transformers” is coming to the big screen on 07-04-07.

SuperHero Hype has a quote from an interview with Alex Kurtsman and Roberto Orcii, the writers from the new Transformers movie. Read on for the quote from the article.The Transformers legacy is so vast and full of characters, we just had to know who they may be including in the story. "The staple characters: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream, Jazz," Kurtzman replied. "There's going to be a lot of them. You're going to have ten Transformers in that movie, and if that's not enough, you can go see 2, 3, 4 or 5."

Thanks to TFans member sertile for letting us know that Filmforce.ign has put up a new article featuring Transformer Movie writers Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci have commented on fan favorites such as Soundwave, Starscream and Bumblebee being present in the recently completed draft of the script. You can view the full article here, as well as another article mentioning other posibilities at SuperHeroHype.com. In other movie related news, Transformers.com has updated its news counter at the bottom of the page with a message to check back tomorrow for "an exciting annoucement" on the Transformers movie. Character sketches, early clips perhaps? (Ok maybe the latter is just wishful thinking but a guy can hope :D )

Sapiens

I tried to watch transformers in recent years, I and just don't see the appeal anymore. It was truly a phenomenon that was just for 5 year olds. Like a lot of cartoon that came out in those days.

What is it about TF? Why does it demand a live-action movie. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I think the concept is rediculous.

aparisi2274

Sapienshomo said:
I tried to watch transformers in recent years, I and just don't see the appeal anymore. It was truly a phenomenon that was just for 5 year olds. Like a lot of cartoon that came out in those days.

What is it about TF? Why does it demand a live-action movie. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I think the concept is rediculous.

Yeah right, see I forgot to tell all the haters to stay out, and that this is for Transformer fans. Also, you might want to spell check RIDICULOUS.

Thanks!!!

Sapiens

aparisi2274 said:
Yeah right, see I forgot to tell all the haters to stay out, and that this is for Transformer fans. Also, you might want to spell check RIDICULOUS.

Thanks!!!

I don't think my post was a complete hate. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the fascination with it. As a trans-fan, maybe you could share why it's so appealing.

Again, I just want to reiterate that I wouldn't mind seeing it. The transformers concept remains absurd.

aparisi2274

Sapienshomo said:
I don't think my post was a complete hate. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the fascination with it. As a trans-fan, maybe you could share why it's so appealing.

Again, I just want to reiterate that I wouldn't mind seeing it. The transformers concept remains absurd.

The Transformers, a show about robotic aliens from a metal planet, that can transform, should be your first clue that you cant take it seriously.

I love the transformers. Actually let me clarify this, I am a Generation 1 fan, from back in the day. This new movie is based on that G1 storyline, so since I am fan of that, I cant wait. The newer generation of Transformers I cant get into, because I feel that they are not as unique as they were back in the day.

I love the transformers, and I cant wait for this movie to come out.

Firest0rm

Sapienshomo said:

Which transformers did you watch?

Ponn

Banned
Transformers is fascinating to fans in lots of different ways. You have the cut and dry good vs. evil. There is no room to question why Decepticons are evil, they just are. They are giant robots BUT they each have their own distinctive personalities and traits that make them individuals and more human in nature. On top of being big robots they can transform into alternate modes and they range from cars to planes to tape recorders. They are also aliens from another planet, Cybertron, a really cool sci fi world. Transformers have their own mythology and past, ancient wars, heroes and villains. They have DINOBOTS!!

Most importantly as a fan for me is their leaders that are incarnated in every version of the series. You have the heroic Optimus Prime that is the ultimate leader, the type you would lay your life down for but probably would not get the chance because he is self sacrificing. He can talk the talk and walk the walk and kick ass or turn into a giant semi truck and run your ass over. Then you have Megatron who is the ultimate villain. He already rules cybertron in the original series so it's already an uphill battle for the Autobots. Megatron is arrogant like most villains but he literally has the power to destroy anyone and anything. He truly was made to be a war leader and really would be at a loss if their wasn't a war to fight and an enemy to destroy.

It's really the supporting cast that made the original series though. I enjoy shows and cartoons and anime with large casts but if you don't give each person in the cast their own personality, or occasional story it gets old fast. I think that's why I enjoy the current Justice League Unlimited so much because it gets that part right. You had Starscream always scheming to take over leadership, you have the cool and calculating Soundwave with his own little army in his chest and that bad ass voice of his. And the brute Devastator.

Sapiens

Firest0rm said:
Which transformers did you watch?

The original series from the 80s. The movie. And the subsequent post-movie episodes. As a very, very, young child, of couse.

More recently, I have rewatched some of the "G1" episodes. I found them poorly animated (for the most part), and boring. I do recall seeing a few well drawn shots but when things were animated, they went to shit. Which, considering budgets and the complex models, the animation could have been a lot worse. Depending on what Key animators and inbetweeners were working, I noticed the animation could vary from excellent to atrocious. The well animated episodes/scenes were too few.

I know it's somewhat stupid to bag on a childrens show's animation, but for some reason, animation quality has been something I've been aware of from a very young age. It really does effect my enjoyment of a show.

The stories themselves were just excuses for introducing the next new toy. No real character development. Children's programming in the last 15 years has shown us that continuity is a great thing that can be appreciated by the kids.

I just found the G1 episodes underwheling overall. I don't see the obsession with this series.

That being said, my older, married brother LOVES TF.

Ponn

Banned
You didn't really watch them or enough then. To say their is no character development in the G1 series is really off. The multiple episodes dealing with the Dinobots development from dumb wrecking machines, to learning who they are, and rebelling a couple times to finally becoming a fighting group. Watch Key to Vector Sigma 1 and 2 and then War Dawn for a great story Alpha Trion (who was never a toy) and the history of Cybertron, the war, how Optimus Prime came to be and several other easter eggs. And it could be said the era after the movie with Rodimus Prime was too into the story. Just watch all 5 episodes of Five Faces of Darkness for a crash course into the entire history. Then you have Dark Awakening and the Return of Optimus Prime two parter, geez man I can go on and on.

And of course the animation doesn't hold up to today's standard, look when the hell it was made. Have you ever seen Anime from back then? Voltron ring a bell?

I'm actually glad it's been pushed back to 2007. Gives them time to refine and not rush things. I am one of the ones who have not liked what has been said about the movie's storyline but I do hope it works out. At least we all know it'll look badass, what with Michael Bay doing the direction and Steven Spielberg probably bringing ILM to do the special effects. Say what you will about Michael Bay movies but they are all visually nice to watch in their own ways.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Ponn01 said:
You didn't really watch them or enough then. To say their is no character development in the G1 series is really off.

There's some, but it's about as deep as a sandbox, and about as substantial as a package of string cheese.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Plot and character development in the Armada series even shits all over G1. Beast Wars is even better.

levious

yeah, the movie, prepare for upwards of TEN unique transformers on screen.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ponn01 said:
Transformers is fascinating to fans in lots of different ways. You have the cut and dry good vs. evil. There is no room to question why Decepticons are evil, they just are. They are giant robots BUT they each have their own distinctive personalities and traits that make them individuals and more human in nature. On top of being big robots they can transform into alternate modes and they range from cars to planes to tape recorders. They are also aliens from another planet, Cybertron, a really cool sci fi world. Transformers have their own mythology and past, ancient wars, heroes and villains. They have DINOBOTS!!

Most importantly as a fan for me is their leaders that are incarnated in every version of the series. You have the heroic Optimus Prime that is the ultimate leader, the type you would lay your life down for but probably would not get the chance because he is self sacrificing. He can talk the talk and walk the walk and kick ass or turn into a giant semi truck and run your ass over. Then you have Megatron who is the ultimate villain. He already rules cybertron in the original series so it's already an uphill battle for the Autobots. Megatron is arrogant like most villains but he literally has the power to destroy anyone and anything. He truly was made to be a war leader and really would be at a loss if their wasn't a war to fight and an enemy to destroy.

It's really the supporting cast that made the original series though. I enjoy shows and cartoons and anime with large casts but if you don't give each person in the cast their own personality, or occasional story it gets old fast. I think that's why I enjoy the current Justice League Unlimited so much because it gets that part right. You had Starscream always scheming to take over leadership, you have the cool and calculating Soundwave with his own little army in his chest and that bad ass voice of his. And the brute Devastator.

It was all about Starscream. The relationship he had with Megatron was hilarious, where Megatron KNEW that Starscream was essentially plotting to kill him continually. And you were never sure if it was pure contempt for Starscream, amusement, or utter confidence in himself that caused Megatron to shrug the threat off (and slap Starscream down like a bug when required). Then you had Starscream, the plucky bastard, absolutely never giving up no matter how many times he failed. He was incredibly cunning, yet suffered his own brand of stupidity, and one wondered at times if he *really didn't grasp* that Megatron saw through him like plastic wrap.

For an 80's cartoon, Transformers always did have to me a bit more strength in characterization and writing than was typical. Even if there were restrictions placed on the content and storytelling like other kidvid, the fact that it was about giant -robots- allowed the writers to get away with far more than if it'd been a bunch of human characters. People (machine people) could get banged up, blown apart, really injured, and the conflict seemed more like a real war than say, GI Joe with its amazing bloodless laser rifle battles.

Tritroid

I was a big fan of series 1 and 2, and then a big fan of beast wars/beast machines.

But this new 'anime' type crap is just that...crap.

I have no interest in it what so ever.

aparisi2274

FortNinety said:
He's a helicopter now from what I hear.

Well soundwave is technically a jet, but that was for the cybertron line of toys. I dont think it has anything to do with the movie. Here are some sketches of what he will look like for the toy line:

gf-soundwave-1.jpg

As for the movie, well nobody knows yet. All we know is that Megatron will be tank, and 100% definately NOT a gun.

xsarien

daedsiluap
FortNinety said:
He's a helicopter now from what I hear.

Don Murphy - from the beginning - has been rather adament that the size-shifting that was so wonderfully goofy in the cartoon simply has no place in the movie, and I'm inclined to agree. Soundwave is still Soundwave regardless of what he turns into.

The whole "Magically shrinking down to something small and light enough for a human to carry" would've wrecked the suspension of belief. That's reason #2 why Megatron is a tank.

Ristamar

xsarien said:
The whole "Magically shrinking down to something small and light enough for a human to carry" would've wrecked the suspension of belief. That's reason #2 why Megatron is a tank.

And giant, living, transforming robots from space continuing to wage their ancient war while stranded on planet Earth doesn't wreck it?

Reilly

xsarien said:
Don Murphy - from the beginning - has been rather adament that the size-shifting that was so wonderfully goofy in the cartoon simply has no place in the movie, and I'm inclined to agree. Soundwave is still Soundwave regardless of what he turns into.

I hope your reason #1 is that Hasbro can't sell a toy gun. Because that's what it really is.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Reilly said:
I hope your reason #1 is that Hasbro can't sell a toy gun. Because that's what it really is.

Yes, I know. That's why I said "#2." I just didn't want to set that argument off, because it inevitably leads to "But [insert company here] sells toy guns!!!!"

Ristamar said:
And giant, living, transforming robots from space continuing to wage their ancient war while stranded on planet Earth doesn't wreck it?

Man, you know, I saw this coming from a mile away when I wrote that, yet I posted anyway. :p

It's all about what works cinematically, what works within the established rules of the universe, and what your average moviegoer will accept as logical within those constraints. Giant robots that transform? Sure; Giant robots that fight each other? No problem. Giant robots that look like your everyday Earth civilian and military vehicles? Okay, but you better explain it; Several story-tall robots that transform into said vehicles and SHRINK on cue? That's pushing it.

People got over the black leather for X-Men, the organic shooters for Spider-Man (my friend, a purest to the end, nearly stormed out of the theater), and Big Boss being black. Hell, most Transformer fans got over a series that had the "Optimus" character as an ape. I don't think Soundwave as a helicopter will be the end of the Earth.

levious

Desperado said:
Armada blew

plot and character development wise, Beast Wars > *

Well, I did say Beast was better, but really, if you can get past the annoying kid characters (who really aren't any worse than spike and chip) and get into the show at least past where Ultra Magnus shows up, it really gets good story wise.

Teddman

Soundwave--his whole friggin name is what he's about. Now he's a helicopter? :lol

And Megatron won't be a gun either, great. What's next, making Optimus Prime a Hummer and Jazz will be a BMW for marketing tie-ins? Oh Hell, let's just make them all hybrid vehicles and do the PC thing! It can be an environmental parable!

levious

Teddman said:
Oh Hell, let's just make them all hybrid vehicles and do the PC thing! It can be an environmental parable!

Why are the earth creatures using such primitive fuel?

xsarien

daedsiluap
Teddman said:
Soundwave--his whole friggin name is what he's about. Now he's a helicopter? :lol

Soundwave's been a number of things, including a car, a rather generic "mutant," and a missile carrier.

And Megaton isn't a gun either, great. What's next, making Optimus Prime a Hummer and Jazz will be BMW for marketing tie-ins? Oh Hell, let's just make them all hybrid vehicles and do the PC thing! It can be an environmental parable!

Regarding Megatron, blame the law, not Hasbro. If it's any consolation, he was a gun for all of two years in a series that's run for 20. What vehicles each character will be depends entirely on which car companies are willing to cooperate. If Porsche says no to the movie, then yes, Jazz will have to be something else. They've already declined Hasbro once for the Alternator line because they weren't too happy with how the panel lines ruined the "look" of the car. VW's also declined to be part of the line for other reasons. Whether the movie will change their minds - because it's basically free advertising - remains to be seen.

Reilly

Beast Wars IMO had the best writting of any TF series (except the episode where Rhinox keeps farting). It got really good once they started adding G1 stuff into it.

Tritroid

Catapult Beetle said:
Beast Wars is "even" better? Beast Wars was by far the best TF series.
Well no way was it better than generation 1 or 2. But I agree that BW was definitely a great series. I loved how it eventually tied in directly to generation 1 after they found the Arc, and the tapes from the original Megatron. It was REALLY cool after that point.

Beast Machines was similar in that it still tied in with generation 1, but was really out there in terms of how the final story played out. Cybertron is completely taken over by Megatron and the Maximals end up winning by turning Cybertron into a...technorganic planet. Which was just really wierd. I also really hated the design of Beast Machines when compared to Beast Wars.

Tritroid

The movie should revolve around how the autobots and decepticons originally ended up on Earth, and then work from there.

This way they could have multiple sequels.

levious

xsarien said:
It's a reboot based on G1 characters. Outside of that, all bets are off.

by that logic, every series has been based on G1 characters.

xsarien

daedsiluap
levious said:
by that logic, every series has been based on G1 characters.

With the exception of Beast Wars/Beast Machines (and arguably the G2 comic), that's right. What's your point? Armada basically pushed the big, fat "reset" button too. As did Robots in Disguise.

levious

my point is, they're pushing it as a G1 movie and it simply won't be.

Ristamar

Soundwave's been a number of things, including a car, a rather generic "mutant," and a missile carrier.

That's a rather disingenuous response. I'm pretty certain Soundwave was named after his G1 form. Whatever shit modes he was put out as afterwards in alternate lines are derived from that base, and the name was likely retained for marketing purposes (product familiarity/nostalgia).

As for suspension of disbelief, I don't think the "changing mass" issue would a prominent factor as to what will make or break the movie at the box office.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Ristamar said:
That's a rather disingenuous response. I'm pretty certain Soundwave was named after his G1 form. Whatever shit modes he was put out as afterwards in alternate lines are derived from that base, and the name was likely retained for marketing purposes (product familiarity/nostalgia).

A little bit of nostalgia, a lot of retaining the trademark. Hasbro lost a nice chunk of G1 names because they weren't being used, including Rodimus Prime, Jazz, and Bluestreak.

I was making two points: 1) The Transformers universe is pretty damned maleable, especially in regard to G1. No attempt to fix that particular universe was made until Beast Wars; 2) Because the movie is basically starting everything from scratch, there's a good deal of wiggle room. If in the movie universe Soundwave becomes a chopper instead of a tape deck, that's Hasbro's prerogative. Do you know what he was before they landed on Earth? Well, no one really does, but it's presumed to be some kind of funky-ass stationary satellite thingamabob. "Soundwave" isn't too accurate a description of that, either.

The alternative is to simply have him not transform at all or replace him with a different character. And considering the amount of money involved in CG, everyone's going to want to get as much use and screen time out of the robots as possible.

aparisi2274

xsarien said:
A little bit of nostalgia, a lot of retaining the trademark. Hasbro lost a nice chunk of G1 names because they weren't being used, including Rodimus Prime, Jazz, and Bluestreak.

I was making two points: 1) The Transformers universe is pretty damned maleable, especially in regard to G1. No attempt to fix that particular universe was made until Beast Wars; 2) Because the movie is basically starting everything from scratch, there's a good deal of wiggle room. If in the movie universe Soundwave becomes a chopper instead of a tape deck, that's Hasbro's prerogative. The alternative is to simply have him not transform at all or replace him with a different character. And considering the amount of money involved in CG, everyone's going to want to get as much use and screen time out of the robots as possible.

Xsarien, I agree with what you are saying and I would like to add the following:

From what Don Murphy has been saying on his website through his forums is that Soundwave will most likely not be a boombox like he was in the 80's. The reason for this is simple, No kid alive today that was born in the mid 80's knows what a boombox is. Now even though this is a G1 movie, expect a lot of updates to the way the figures look. It is a fact of life. Again, say sideswipe was in the movie, in 9185 he was a Lamborghini Countach, but what kid that was born 15yrs ago, even knows what the car is. Its an obsolete car, so like they did with the Alternator Sideswipe, they made it a Viper (granted Lamborghini didnt want to have anything to do with the Transformer property anymore) a car more kids today know. Megatron is going to be a tank, for the reasons that have already been discussed. Optimus should look the same, as his style of truck hasnt ever really changed. I am sure if Ironhide is in the movie, he wont be a crappy 80's mini-van, he might be a Scion or some sort of newer style mini-van. Same goes with Jazz. He might be a porsche, but it would be an updated porsche.

All I am trying to say is that the movie is gonna focus on the G1 characters, but they are going to update them so that the new generation of fans, the ones that were born right when G1 was popular can appreciate the movie. I mean people like me, who were 10yrs old when G1 was big will be a little dissapointed, but I am curious to see what they do with it.

Ristamar

I was making two points: 1) The Transformers universe is pretty damned maleable, especially in regard to G1. No attempt to fix that particular universe was made until Beast Wars; 2) Because the movie is basically starting everything from scratch, there's a good deal of wiggle room. If in the movie universe Soundwave becomes a chopper instead of a tape deck, that's Hasbro's prerogative. Do you know what he was before they landed on Earth? Well, no one really does, but it's presumed to be some kind of funky-ass stationary satellite thingamabob. "Soundwave" isn't too accurate a description of that, either.

The alternative is to simply have him not transform at all or replace him with a different character. And considering the amount of money involved in CG, everyone's going to want to get as much use and screen time out of the robots as possible.

I understand where you're coming from. Realistically, I don't expect a 100% faithful representation of the G1 cartoons/comics/toys, especially since the comic and cartoon really have nothing in common in terms of story lines, and the fact that some designs (like Soundwave's boombox) are outdated.

However, if they are pushing this as a G1 Transformers movie, I hope they try to stay faithful as possible to the designs and personalities of the G1 characters. If not, then just call it a Transformers movie and don't piss around with bullshit PR to the fans with crap like "this is what was dumb about G1 and we're changing it because we know best."

Desperado

Tritroid said:
Well no way was it better than generation 1 or 2. But I agree that BW was definitely a great series. I loved how it eventually tied in directly to generation 1 after they found the Arc, and the tapes from the original Megatron. It was REALLY cool after that point.

What did G1 do better than BW?

Phoenix

I'm looking forward to this and thing it will do well. Not necessarily feeling the 'live action' bit, however.

Rlan

Thing is, Soundwaves whole gimmick was that he was able to create those little characters from his tape decks. This could easily be rectified if he were a CD or Mini-Disc player. Ravage and whatnot could easily be CD shaped, and look a little like paper cutouts, with a lot of sharp, mean points to them, when they transform. That's how soundwave got his data, now he'll be just another guy.

teiresias

I don't get the whole "Oh teh noeeessss, they change into different things!!!" bit. I mean, in the original story weren't they all futuristic space vehicles when they were originally on Cybertron and only adopted the earth-based transformations after they . . . ya know . . . came to earth.

Using that logic there's really no reason for any of them to be choosing to change into a boombox or some old 1980's vehicle, since we're assuming the movie will be set in present day.

aparisi2274

teiresias said:
I don't get the whole "Oh teh noeeessss, they change into different things!!!" bit. I mean, in the original story weren't they all futuristic space vehicles when they were originally on Cybertron and only adopted the earth-based transformations after they . . . ya know . . . came to earth.

Using that logic there's really no reason for any of them to be choosing to change into a boombox or some old 1980's vehicle, since we're assuming the movie will be set in present day.

EXACTLY!!!

When the arc crashed on earth millions of years ago, the transformers lay dormant and broken, until an earthquake or volcanic eruption awoke the arc's computer system, and since it had to rebuild them, it scouted the globe looking for earth based things that would closely match their transforming ability. So if they follow that same principle, the computer system can select anything that is current today, or from a few years ago.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What I think people are really missing is the unique trademarks that made characters who they were. Soundwave for example: *it's not that people desperately miss 80's boomboxes*. It's that the original gimmick is what made Soundwave himself. An analogy would be taking Batman and putting him in yellow tights with an orange cape, giving him the super power of shooting tacos from his fingertips, and still calling him 'Batman'. You can argue all day that perhaps the -setting- Batman was thrust into made it more logical for him to be a taco-shooting leotard man. But he's still not Batman anymore.

Even making Megatron into simply a tank (as far as we know, at this stage) is a bit of a letdown because Megatron's gun form may be goofy in hindsight, but it's a big part of who he was: it was an unusual gimmick, for the big leader to transform into a weapon that his troops used. Now, Megatron will simply turn into... a tank.

I'm wondering what other unique character details will be thrown away, with nothing interesting to replace them, if the people making this movie just don't 'get it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom